Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

When this is all over, I'd love to see a list of everything Walter has mistakenly called Astrid. I think my favourite so far is "Aphid".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I bet someone on the internet has already compiled such a list.

The way they're showing Peter acquiring Observer mannerisms is amazing. I love this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ha, you can tell its an Observer restaurant since the food comes pre peppered all to hell.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Pretty crazy how the Observer restaurant everything comes prespiced to hell and back.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Well, that there is just a standard issue Mk. II face-dissolving bomb, that is.

:stonk:

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
:aaaaa:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Holy gently caress that was gruesome.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Just pretend I posted that Achewood panel of Phillipe screaming.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002
Yikes, that was the stuff Jones used in the hospital. Someone in the thread mentioned it earlier.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Man, they just do not give a gently caress.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Not without my Bowie album!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I'm looking forward to the inevitable squirming scene where that bug gets extracted from Peter's neck. Olivia is too suspicious for this to last long, especially after that logical line.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Dammit Walter, you've had enough risky brain surgery for several lifetimes.

WhoIsBarryBostwick
Sep 17, 2008

You're going to like the way you look...I guarantee it.
He's even talking like them now.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

drat Peter is scary.

WhoIsBarryBostwick
Sep 17, 2008

I was waiting for him to start saying Olivia's words before she did.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

Side effect of the tech, or did Peter come down with a case of mange?

der juicen
Aug 11, 2005

Fuck haters
What a loving ending.

WhoIsBarryBostwick
Sep 17, 2008

He really is turning into an observer.

Also, THREE WEEKS! :argh:

Sears Poncho
Oct 8, 2011
What is this 3 weeks poo poo?!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Thanksgiving is understandable, but three weeks? Oy.

This show is getting effed up though. Peter is very scary right about now.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

No no no, I need the next episode right now not in three weeks! :negative:

Peter's Observer transformation is one of the coolest payoffs this show has ever done. And scariet.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Holy poo poo, what a last ten minutes. That montage gave me Breaking Bad vibes. This really sets the stage for the final act of the show.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Who remembers that Peter Audition tape from last year? That was a long rear end setup.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Goddamn, they acted the gently caress out of that episode.

utonium
Dec 17, 2002

utonium posted:

Yikes, that was the stuff Jones used in the hospital. Someone in the thread mentioned it earlier.
Oh and I guess it's from the first Fringe case, too.

What an extra bleak episode. I guess it wouldn't be a TV drama if revenge didn't have a high cost.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
David Bowie makes everything better.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
gently caress yes! This is what I've wanted all season; no more endless fetch bullshit, just honest-to-god terrorism.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Peteserver is gonna wreck some Windmark poo poo next month.

girlwithgloves
Jun 5, 2011

The Man Who Sold The World was the most perfect Bowie song choice. I always wondered if they would provide Bowie fan payoff after all of those Bowie references and drat, was that perfect!

Monsieur Mango
Apr 29, 2009
Angry uneducated white person
Holy gently caress! That preview!!!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

3 weeks you have GOT to be making GBS threads me Fox :argh:

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007
That ending montage was superb. It definitely felt like a perfect halfway marker. The cutting between Walter, Peter, and Windmark felt like one chapter ending and another beginning. And I can't think of a more fitting song. Really well done.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
3 weeks?

Cool. The TV guide I used didn't have anything listed for the rest of the year so I assumed it was a midseason break and it would be a few months till the next one.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

gently caress yes! This is what I've wanted all season; no more endless fetch bullshit, just honest-to-god terrorism.

I was so happy when they started using the fringe event's against the observers in the previous episode. I just wish they used even more of them.

Exquisite Dead Guy posted:

That ending montage was superb. It definitely felt like a perfect halfway marker. The cutting between Walter, Peter, and Windmark felt like one chapter ending and another beginning. And I can't think of a more fitting song. Really well done.

This season has been so loving awesome so far. I really liked this show even before but now it is simply one of the best shows on TV. So of course it's about to end in like 5 episodes. :cry:

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
After the break, it's new episodes all the way to the end.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Aatrek posted:

After the break, it's new episodes all the way to the end.

Is this the last season? Or is it another situation of it supposedly being the last one?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like this is the last, last one.

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
So we have to wait 3 weeks huh? That's going to be rough. This was a great payoff to see after so much buildup! I'm sad to see this thread not blowing up like it once did but at this point I guess it's mostly us diehards.

I'm really curious to see what Peter's endgame is going to be because it seems like his change is going to be pretty irreversible. There could be some sort of happy ending reset button that happens, but I actually expect this show to go out on a really intense, emotional note, with possible overtones of comedy.

What do you guys think? Peter has always been the character that sort of carried the narrative along with the audience, and now that he's changing so drastically, and Walter wants to go under the knife AGAIN, and Olivia is superpower-less and just scowls and frowns a lot... I'm wondering if we're even going to be left with the same "characters" we should feel catharsis for.

Not really complaining, just kind of amused at how many radical personality shifts everyone on this show has gone through over its run haha

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Peter seems to have lost his humanity completely. He was switching back and forth between Observer language or affect and being more like himself, but there wasn't even a hint of that when he was talking about his plan to kill Windmark.

I am disappointed that he's becoming an observer in physical terms as well, though. I had thought that the observers were like that because they had undergone evolution to fit the lovely Earth they came from and that their technological enhancements were unrelated to their need for low-oxygen air or poor sense of taste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

God drat.
:tviv:

This episode just gave me endless chills, I never thought much of Joshua Jackson's acting up until these past few eps.

He nailed everything.

• Locked thread