Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

axeil posted:

That's amazing.

Mine hasn't shipped though :smith:. Where are you and when did you order? I ordered mine on September 14th and I'm curious if they're going geographically or by pre-order order.

I ordered mine on the 14th as well and the GameStop rep that replied to my email says they're packing them up right now and shipping them all today. Should get your notification pretty soon I'd imagine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Jet Set Jettison posted:

I'm still really banking on the idea that no one realizes Sears is gonna have Wii Us in stock. I called the store and the told me "Yeah dude just show up early no one knows we have game systems. We dont really sell a whole lot of them."

I dont know if this is a solid strategy or not. I just dont have any buddies willing to camp out overnight for a Wii U :(

Well if you camp out at Sears at least you can make good use of their outdoors section! :haw:

InFlames235 posted:

I ordered mine on the 14th as well and the GameStop rep that replied to my email says they're packing them up right now and shipping them all today. Should get your notification pretty soon I'd imagine.

Oh that's fantastic news. Thanks! Hopefully I'll be playing some Mario on Saturday.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Unfortunately Gamestop's overnight shipping seems to only be on business days which probably means that they won't deliver on Saturday.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

For anyone who's interested, here's nearly 9 minutes of uninterrupted direct feed gameplay of ZombiU as narrated by a guy from VG247.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW-vJofqwxI

Something I can't help but wonder is whether or not this game has any iron sight aiming? Every time I see someone play this game, they're always fumbling the gunshots with the hip aim.

Radnor
Dec 11, 2002

Octoparrot is watching you.
Target's basic combo that includes New Super Mario Brothers U is showing as available online.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
System has shipped. UPS has it in its system too. UPS does do Saturday deliveries so everyone who did one day shipping may see it tomorrow.

From the UPS website:

UPS posted:

Saturday Delivery commitment times depend on the shipping service you choose:

UPS Next Day Air® Early A.M.®: Guaranteed delivery one hour later than the guaranteed weekday delivery time, as early as 9:00 a.m., based on destination
UPS Next Day Air®: Guaranteed delivery by 12:00 noon or 1:30 p.m. where weekday shipments are delivered by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon, respectively, based on destination
UPS 2nd Day Air®: Guaranteed delivery by end of day for shipments picked up on Thursday, based on destination
UPS Worldwide Express® Plus: Delivery based on destination
UPS Worldwide Express®: Delivery based on destination

Note: For some services, Saturday delivery of a UPS Returns shipment is available in the U.S. only. Contact your UPS Representative for more information.

Looks like you should have it by 2 PM tomorrow if you picked next day air.

axeil fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Nov 16, 2012

citizenlowell
Sep 25, 2003

ignore alien orders

axeil posted:

System has shipped. UPS has it in its system too. UPS does do Saturday deliveries so everyone who did one day shipping may see it tomorrow.

I just got my notice and had one day shipping. The tracking number isn't in the system yet so there's no delivery estimate, but it would certainly be interesting if it showed up tomorrow.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

This same thing happens with Apple launches too. The delivery service will hold the product until the release date.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chunk posted:

This same thing happens with Apple launches too. The delivery service will hold the product until the release date.

So UPS has held up shipments of iPhones before? Huh. Didn't know that. With the launch being on a Sunday I assume that means they'd aim for a Monday delivery then.

Still hoping for delivery tomorrow though.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

axeil posted:

From the UPS website:

Looks like you should have it by 2 PM tomorrow if you picked next day air.

Only problem is we didn't get any of the ones you cited, we got UPS Next Day Air Saver®.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Miyamotos RGB NES posted:

Only problem is we didn't get any of the ones you cited, we got UPS Next Day Air Saver®.

Right you are.

Here's what UPS has to say about Next Day Air Saver though:

UPS posted:

UPS Next Day Air Saver®

Choose this guaranteed next-day service when afternoon delivery meets your needs.

Delivery Commitment

Commercial Destinations:
Next business day delivery by 3:00 or 4:30 p.m. where UPS Next Day Air® delivery is committed by 10:30 a.m. or 12:00 noon, respectively

Residential Destinations:
Next business day delivery by end of day

So it may be end of day tomorrow. Or it may be Monday. Regardless, I'm pretty sure everyone will have theirs by Monday night.

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Ya, GameStop already told me we'll be getting it on Monday. Unless they're misinformed or UPS messes up, I wouldn't get my hopes too high for them breaking the street date for thousands of consoles ordered online.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

axeil posted:

Right you are.

Here's what UPS has to say about Next Day Air Saver though:

So it may be end of day tomorrow. Or it may be Monday. Regardless, I'm pretty sure everyone will have theirs by Monday night.

Saturday is not considered a business day good sir.

This is what I get for waiting so long that I had to preorder online! A day later than everyone and spent $30 extra on top of it!
:qq:

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
Huh, weird. EB Games just called and said that their shipment is going to be a week late for the Wii U, so I won't be getting mine this Sunday. It doesn't really bother me that much, but I hope that others won't experience the same issue. :ohdear:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Just a heads up, those neat cool third party pro controllers that looked like super famicom/SNES colors? They're not back in stock until 12/18 according to Walmart and Amazon. Guess I'll just pick up a black regular one on launch.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Game Trailers is doing a live Q/A. They already addressed a weird problem with the Wii U's SD card not working.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
Just called my local shop where I preordered to ask if they were doing a midnight release. Not only are they not doing a midnight release, they are canceling all of their Wii U preorders because their delivery "failed".

So... guess I'm going to try to midnight it up at Wal Mart

:smith:

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Seaniqua posted:

Just called my local shop where I preordered to ask if they were doing a midnight release. Not only are they not doing a midnight release, they are canceling all of their Wii U preorders because their delivery "failed".

What store is this? A gamestop?

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey
I checked the tracking number on mine. Even though I paid for two-day shipping, they seemed to have bumped it up to overnight out of the goodness of their hearts. Or maybe because I'm a few hour drive from one of their distribution centers. Either way, it's guaranteed to be here Monday morning :dance:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

HelloWinter posted:

Huh, weird. EB Games just called and said that their shipment is going to be a week late for the Wii U, so I won't be getting mine this Sunday. It doesn't really bother me that much, but I hope that others won't experience the same issue. :ohdear:

Seaniqua posted:

drat, way to make me wig out when I saw EBgames' number on my call display. But apparently my local store is good to go for their launch. I wonder where/why this is happening.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
When the Wii launched, and some of the bigger games, they had Reggie Fils Aime record messages for Gamestop telling you to come pick it up.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Bombadilillo posted:

What store is this? A gamestop?

No, it's a local Omaha place called Gamers. I've gotten mixed service from them in the past. I was really skeptical about it in the first place but I was out of options. Gamestop had just ran out of deluxe preorders, but Gamers was happy to take it. They reassured me they would have enough. I even called last week to see if they would be doing a midnight release, and they told me they didn't know yet but they reassured me they'd have enough units to fulfill my preorder.

I called a Wal Mart near me and the guy sounded sort of clueless. I still have a Best Buy preorder, so I think we're going to try to get it at a midnight sale at Wal Mart, and if that fails, show up early Sunday at a Best Buy.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Seaniqua posted:

No, it's a local Omaha place called Gamers. I've gotten mixed service from them in the past. I was really skeptical about it in the first place but I was out of options. Gamestop had just ran out of deluxe preorders, but Gamers was happy to take it. They reassured me they would have enough. I even called last week to see if they would be doing a midnight release, and they told me they didn't know yet but they reassured me they'd have enough units to fulfill my preorder.

I called a Wal Mart near me and the guy sounded sort of clueless. I still have a Best Buy preorder, so I think we're going to try to get it at a midnight sale at Wal Mart, and if that fails, show up early Sunday at a Best Buy.

Sounds like they probably got their allotment of consoles screwed over in favour of one of a bigger, or chain, store near them.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Have there been any indications as to the prices of the downloadable games like Nano Assault? Or any sort of VC?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Could someone recommend any of the Wii U download games? I don't really recognize any of them expect Trine 2's basic concept and wondering if one of them would compliment the Wii U's launch

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Like so many of us my pre-order has shipped. :woop:

And because of work, family, and holidays I probably won't be able to play until next Friday. :negative:

Fortunately I didn't pay for extra fast shipping since I knew that this would happen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

So this might affect a few people here, EB Games cancels all midnight launches in Canada. I've got mine pre-ordered at one in a mall so I'm just gonna head down an hour before it opens and hope for the best.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Could someone recommend any of the Wii U download games? I don't really recognize any of them expect Trine 2's basic concept and wondering if one of them would compliment the Wii U's launch
I'm considering Nano Assault just because it reminds me of Super Stardust AND its old Amiga/PC predecessor Stardust 96.

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Policenaut posted:

So this might affect a few people here, EB Games cancels all midnight launches in Canada. I've got mine pre-ordered at one in a mall so I'm just gonna head down an hour before it opens and hope for the best.

It's not just Canada. I just got back from my Gamestop after paying off my Wii U and was told they aren't going to do a midnight launch either as

Random Gamestop Manager posted:

There's no advertising for the thing and the people who do want it and didn't have it on reserve would be pissed anyway. That and because we couldn't get security there's a good chance we might get robbed
Again that's for my area but still.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

My store only got 19 so I don't really want a huge event happening. I don't want to show up with my preorder and find out I got shorted because of a free for all at 9:59 AM or whatever.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

I'm considering Nano Assault just because it reminds me of Super Stardust AND its old Amiga/PC predecessor Stardust 96.

Nano assault does look awesome, I dont know about day 1. But i will be picking it up when I take care of Nintendoland and NSMBU and AC3 and BLOPS2 and ZombiU. I will get it eventually Im sure. Those games tend to by buys in the doldrums between game releases, which should happen soon between for the WiiU, plus whatever comes out of the legacy consoles.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Super Scribblenauts gets an 8.8 from IGN.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/17/scribblenauts-unlimited-review?abthid=50a6f0fb27dcb63221000017

I just can't buy it on launch day though. Not after the past two Scribblenauts games failed to live up to the hype. They just don't value at full price for me.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/17/scribblenauts-unlimited-review?abthid=50a6f0fb27dcb63221000017

I just can't buy it on launch day though. Not after the past two Scribblenauts games failed to live up to the hype. They just don't value at full price for me.

I've rented them before and payed them a bit and...its a fun concept but I don't think it has staying power.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Don't know why it's $60 in retail when the Steam version is twenty dollars cheaper AND gets a TF2 hat that probably end up being valuable.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

So Kotaku (I know I know) did a Q&A today I guess on the Wii U and this little interesting tid bit I didn't know about came up.

quote:

Is there added Mii customization? Are you able to use the camera to automatically generate Mii characters?

ARE THERE UNLOCKABLE HATS?

quote:

Stephen Totilo-
I imported my Mii from my 3DS and still can't talk about system-level features. Because of that, honestly, I haven't even looked at the Mii creation options. There could be hats. There could be giraffes.

Bolding is mine. Well that is handy as hell. When my wii died in 2010 and they had to repair it all the memory was lost except for what I could excavate in it's dying days but unfortunately didn't think to save my miis. Took me forever to get it just right again and once again. Appreciate being able to import it over instead of having to hold it up and try to match poo poo.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Unsurprising considering you could even transfer Miis from a Wii to a 3DS. But yeah, nice to know I guess.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Bombadilillo posted:

I've rented them before and payed them a bit and...its a fun concept but I don't think it has staying power.

Same here. Love the idea, I just find that there isn't a lot of game in the idea.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
http://www.giantbomb.com/ten-brief-trips-to-nintendo-land/17-6813/

Giantbomb gives you an inside look at Nintendoland.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Random Stranger posted:

Same here. Love the idea, I just find that there isn't a lot of game in the idea.

Exactly. I dont want to sound like a dick, but the concept should be a flash game, not a full retail game. Or maybe a iphone/droid game that could go online and us a huge database there. The write anything is simultaneously expansive and restrictive depending what you happen to ask for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Isn't it $30?

• Locked thread