Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dreamer1q posted:

Remy was full grown and days away from being put down. He had been hit by a car and had a huge scar down one side where someone had the vet fix him up. He looked like I felt after the divorce, and I couldnt leave him there. They are now affectionately refered to as my fuzzy morons.

Don't leave us hanging, man! Pictures!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This is my feline overlord and supreme master, Lord Bow of Stonehouse:

Stoned on alpha blockers, beta blockers and pain killers in his window throne (he'd just come back from 3 days at the vets with a blocked urethra)

The scratching post makes him look tiny in this pic (he's not, he's 6.5kg)

He often brings me breakfast too:

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

My cat is in love with this domokun doll. Possibly because I fill it with :catdrugs:

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
haha, those eyes are just daring you to try petting him

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
LOOK WHAT I GOT TODAY

She's polydactyl! 6-fingered, 6-toed 3-month-old.

Looking for an old lady name... I've already used Gladys (may she rest in peace). I'm thinking Mabel or Edna.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Christoph posted:

Looking for an old lady name... I've already used Gladys (may she rest in peace). I'm thinking Mabel or Edna.

Undead Waterfowl suggests Clara, Jospehine, or Geraldine; I say Genevieve (Genny or Ginny for short).

Robo Kitty
Sep 5, 2011

There was a POST here. It's gone now.
My grandmother's name is Gladys. Allow me therefore to suggest her sisters' (my great-aunts) names: Rosemary, Jeanne, Gloria.

Ethel is another good one.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Kugyou no Tenshi posted:

Undead Waterfowl suggests Clara, Jospehine, or Geraldine; I say Genevieve (Genny or Ginny for short).

Josephine is great. That's going into the top 5 for sure. Thanks!

Robo Kitty posted:

My grandmother's name is Gladys. Allow me therefore to suggest her sisters' (my great-aunts) names: Rosemary, Jeanne, Gloria.

Ethel is another good one.

These are all so good. I never know how to decide.

marshmallard
Apr 15, 2005

This post is about me.
She looks like a Betty to me. Whoa, Black Betty, bamalam.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

marshmallard posted:

She looks like a Betty to me. Whoa, Black Betty, bamalam.

This is the correct answer.

EDIT: http://youtu.be/lMLnDuzgkjo

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Maude! Then you can get her a buddy named Harold. :3:

Josie
Apr 26, 2007

With tales of brave Ulysses; how his naked ears were tortured; By the sirens sweetly singing.

My partner's grandmother was Elsie, which I think is a beautiful name :)

Chasie
Nov 17, 2004

Don't stop believin'
My black cat is turning into a couch potato. I catch him watching television in the living room.

If the computer is on, he's in between me and the keyboard, but conference calls bore him, luckily (he dozed off by the end of this one). Just gotta be there.

He finds bird feeder videos very interesting, too.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I see that pose a lot. Talbot loves to help me work on spreadsheets and and insists on talking to clients or at least purring into my microphone.

"Humbug Scoolbus, is someone running a vacuum in your office?"

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
Got a new leather couch and Thaddeus decided to stake his claim. He hasn't moved from this arm for 24 hours except to eat and have a brief wrestle with his brother.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
That shot is "Mine." in feline form.

Phishi
May 13, 2006
The long and winding road....

Christoph posted:

She's polydactyl! 6-fingered, 6-toed 3-month-old.

Marilyn?

I know it's not true, but it's funny anyway. Congrats on the new ruler of your home!

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Phishi posted:

Marilyn?

I know it's not true, but it's funny anyway. Congrats on the new ruler of your home!

She's ended up as Mabel by default. And yes, my seven-year-old giant orange tabby is already hiding from her. Great photo ops to come.

Blinks
May 9, 2004
Just cos a rape kit came up positive, that doesn't mean she was raped!
Forgive my dorky voice, but here is Arthur playing with his favourite toy, a pipecleaner attached to a ribbon.

Parkour cat

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

My black kitty Dash with his little white neck spot. Two of my friends have cats with very similar coloration.

It's nice that he matches the furnature.

clockwork automaton fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Dec 1, 2012

The Dawn
Aug 13, 2005
A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns.

It counts if she's got a little white, right? I mean, it's not her fault. Angel wings don't often come in black.

This is Cordy. She is the sweetest cat in existence, but she's also afraid of her own shadow. My little scaredy cat. :3:

Also it took her a full day to forgive me for dressing her up like that.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Facebook has grown tired of my crazy cat man posts.

My black domestic housecat, Fiona.

Really good at fetch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU8bcBbITAM
Perilously inquisitive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDTlyUSPwc
Chasing her own tail: vid
When I first got her: pic look how tiny she is!
Kitten scarf: pic
She sleeps in my pants, any time I leave them on the ground: pic

Probably the smartest, most loving cat I've ever met. But also the most clumsy.

Bonus cat Hitler: pic

Ok crazy cat man post fulfilled.

shinykaylee
Aug 29, 2007
I can kill you with my mind
This is Xanatos. He started out dark brown when he was a kitten, but has morphed into a beautiful black man-cat of manliness.

All stretched out on his giant cat-bed:

He helps with homework:

Cuddling with his sisters:

Helping put up the Christmas tree:

superkittenhugs
Sep 8, 2010

nexous posted:

Facebook has grown tired of my crazy cat man posts.

My black domestic housecat, Fiona.

Really good at fetch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU8bcBbITAM
Perilously inquisitive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaDTlyUSPwc
Chasing her own tail: vid
When I first got her: pic look how tiny she is!
Kitten scarf: pic
She sleeps in my pants, any time I leave them on the ground: pic

Probably the smartest, most loving cat I've ever met. But also the most clumsy.

Bonus cat Hitler: pic

Ok crazy cat man post fulfilled.

I have to say, that first video is kind of amazing. I have never seen a cat play fetch so consistently. Pretty drat cute.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

superkittenhugs posted:

I have to say, that first video is kind of amazing. I have never seen a cat play fetch so consistently. Pretty drat cute.

She'll do it for hours if I'm in bed morning or night. She brings her fishmouse (a toy that resembles both a fish and a mouse we can't decide) my GF ends up getting bored and hides it under the pillow and Fiona makes modem puss trying to find it. Though progress has been made. GF used to lock the cats out completely at night.

She also chases her tail and "nibs" on a blanket. Basically sucks and rubs her underbite on them. My mother and I think she'd the reincarnation of our dog Josie that got eaten by a coyote around the same time Fiona was born. Their personalities are eerily similar.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

I can smell your pussy, Clarice.
My sweet baby Roast Beef died suddenly today. He was only 5. RIP my little black man.

http://imgur.com/UKrg1.jpg

kuskus
Oct 20, 2007

Bloody Cum Fart posted:

My sweet baby Roast Beef died suddenly today. He was only 5. RIP my little black man.

What happened? That is absolutely terrible and I'm sorry for your loss. Here is a picture of my living pet as I type this.

Know that there are other, similar-looking pets whose cumulative power increase as a result of yours passing away.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

kuskus posted:

What happened? That is absolutely terrible and I'm sorry for your loss. Here is a picture of my living pet as I type this.

Know that there are other, similar-looking pets whose cumulative power increase as a result of yours passing away.
Absolutely no idea. He was fine and then dead. Only 5 years old. Beef would be happy knowing other black cats have increased their power. He wasn't very vindictive.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
Roast Beef is such an awesome cat name too :(

Talbot and I are very sorry...

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Roast Beef is such an awesome cat name too :(

Talbot and I are very sorry...

Thank you. Talbot looks a lot like him, actually.

He had distemper as a kitten and we didn't think he'd make it. I remember picking him up from the vet when he was about 10 weeks old. I wrapped him in a blanket. He was staring into my eyes. After a few minutes of just looking at me, he lifted a tiny paw and held it against the side of my face. He just kept it there and looked into my eyes.

I just assumed, having pulled through that, that he would live to be an old man. His passing has been a complete shock. I miss my baby so much.

Bloody Cat Farm fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Dec 6, 2012

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
This is Black Esteban:

He's from the local ASPCA and is about 3 years old. He's got a sass mouth on him, and isn't the friendliest cat. He often whines when you reach in for pets, but warms up to brushing.

He's about 15-16lbs.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Bloody Cum Fart posted:

Thank you. Talbot looks a lot like him, actually.

He had distemper as a kitten and we didn't think he'd make it. I remember picking him up from the vet when he was about 10 weeks old. I wrapped him in a blanket. He was staring into my eyes. After a few minutes of just looking at me, he lifted a tiny paw and held it against the side of my face. He just kept it there and looked into my eyes.

I just assumed, having pulled through that, that he would live to be an old man. His passing has been a complete shock. I miss my baby so much.

I've been meaning to post my condolences anyway, but this really hit me in the heart. I'm so sorry, man.

I was thinking of you and Beef when I woke up Meyer to take a stupid picture. I hope it helps in some small way:

Yes, we do have the best furniture ever.

Bloody Cat Farm
Oct 20, 2010

Antivehicular posted:

I've been meaning to post my condolences anyway, but this really hit me in the heart. I'm so sorry, man.

I was thinking of you and Beef when I woke up Meyer to take a stupid picture. I hope it helps in some small way:

Yes, we do have the best furniture ever.
Thank you. Meyer's annoyed face made me smile.

Rusty!
Aug 25, 2005

Play Up Pompey
Pompey Play Up
Short video of my little girl's favourite game:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NDHuu3hJFU

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

What is it about cats and seeing things through banister railings that drives them so bonko? Tia is a wonderful gentle soul right up until if I ever try to pet her through the railings and then it's all GRAR GET AWAY FROM ME EVIL HAND OF DEATH SCRATCH BITE CLAW :argh:

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe
Dash much prefers drinking out of glasses rather than bowls. So, we tried putting a glass next to his bowl and that didn't work. So, now he has a dedicated glass on the table that he uses so he leaves our glasses alone now. He thinks he's people. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4isqdTDfO0

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012
This is my Kenobi (but he usually just goes by Nobi)! When he was a kitten, he played a little too rough with our other cat, and he got this floppy ear. We were so scared, and the vet said he would probably be that way forever. But lo and behold! It stood up gradually over the next week or so, and now he's totally fine. But I still love this photo of him. :3:

superkittenhugs
Sep 8, 2010
Haha, oh man he is drat adorable! Obviously you wouldn't want him to have gotten hurt in the first place, but doesn't a small part of you wish that it had stayed that way?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

My boyfriend's aunt and uncle have a floppy-eared cat like that -- I think they said it was the result of a hematoma. It's a shame anything like that happened to the poor guy, but drat if it wasn't adorable. Kenobi looks like a cute guy even with two good ears, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LionsBelow
Oct 30, 2012
Thanks, guys! We were a little disappointed that the ear stood up again! It was funny the way it healed too - gradually less and less of the ear was floppy, until one day just the very end was flopped over, and by the end of the day, it was all better! We thought it might be a hematoma as well, but the vet said nope: 100% play injury. He's still got a little bit of a scar from it (just a little line across the ear), but he is still very handsome!

Here's Nobi today!

I have never seen too cats more inseparable than these two. They almost never are further than two feet away from each other. Both rescue cats, about 2 years apart!