Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

The current version is 1.7. Since it took so long to get 1.7 approved, 1.8 was submitted to the App Store as soon as 1.7 was approved. Hopefully, that'll be out in the next few days. 1.9 is in development/testing right now (and it's pretty sweet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
Behörde Gemütlichkeit Weiß

This was happening with certain characters too when I was posting in the German thread.

Vær så god

May as well try out Norwegian as well.

EDIT: looks like everything checks out.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
About how long does approval take? There's another app I'm looking forward to an update for which has apparently been pending approval for a long time now.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Here's the best info I've seen.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Fantastic, how long ago was the update submitted?

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

It was submitted November 10 and is available as of right now.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Quick reminder: this update was submitted a week ago, immediately after the app became available. It contains basically none of the improvements and fixes basically none of the bugs mentioned in this thread.

So keep the requests and bug reports coming, and feel free to share them again!

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

pokeyman posted:

So keep the requests and bug reports coming, and feel free to share them again!

On this page (page 13) of this thread, I can't get any posts to quote properly. I can go into any other thread in my bookmarks and quote all day long, but I can't quote anyone in this thread. It comes up blank.

I ran into it because I wanted to do this:

pokeyman posted:

It was submitted November 10 and is available as of right now.

I'm not seeing an update in the App Store app or in iTunes.

Edit: Just appeared! Gonna test 1.8 quoting int his thread. :3:

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
Test quote

Edit: failed :smith:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

pseudonordic posted:

On this page (page 13) of this thread, I can't get any posts to quote properly. I can go into any other thread in my bookmarks and quote all day long, but I can't quote anyone in this thread. It comes up blank.

I ran into it because I wanted to do this:

I'm not seeing an update in the App Store app or in iTunes.

Edit: Just appeared! Gonna test 1.8 quoting int his thread. :3:

That happened to me! With a different thread though. pokeyman asked me these questions:

quote:

When you can't quote the post in the app, can you quote it in Safari?

Are there a couple of newlines in the post window, or is it completely blank?
but I couldn't get an answer, because that particular thread moved to a new page and it fixed itself. I was on 1.9 so I think it's an ongoing thing. Maybe you can answer (hopefully this reply doesn't move this thread to a new page :ohdear:)

supersteve
Jan 16, 2007

Atari Bigby - UNIVERSITY OF JAH RASTAFARI
I really like the new UI look. Keep up the awesome work!

Xuuel
Feb 20, 2010
Wow, shiny new interface is right. This looks great! Not sure if being able to copy specific post URL's was there before, but that's a really useful feature too if it wasn't.

SaturdayKnight
Mar 31, 2011

1.8 just hit me and drat is that some hot UI action.

Love it, keep up the good work, voted 5, went hog wild, etc etc.

But seriously, awesome app.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Can you make the "X Pages Remaining" notice darker than the "End of thread" notice? I keep missing the next page of a thread.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

This is a rather minor gripe, but would you be able to make links open inside the app again? It's a (small) bother that they open in Safari, which has kept me to mostly using the old app.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

Technically I'd say the new interface is less shiny, but I definitely think it's an improvement.

serebralassazin
Feb 20, 2004
I wish I had something clever to say.
Really liking the new UI. Kudos dude.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Diabolik900 posted:

Technically I'd say the new interface is less shiny, but I definitely think it's an improvement.

That was a little joke.

Urdnot Fire posted:

This is a rather minor gripe, but would you be able to make links open inside the app again? It's a (small) bother that they open in Safari, which has kept me to mostly using the old app.

I'm on it. Both links to other posts/threads/forums and links to the outside world.

1.9 has a lot of crap jammed into it :/

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

pseudonordic posted:

No idea what's going on here. If I ever manage to reproduce it (or anyone else can reliably reproduce it) I'll get on it. What's getting me is that it's blank. I could see getting an alert popup, but just blank? Very odd.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
It feels weird that I can no longer see the thread title when reading a thread. Especially if I'm accessing it from Bookmarks, there's just a huge blank space at the top.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are
I can see all thread titles.

Love the improvements to the app, not entirely sold on the UI for thread posts but its minor.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
Oh? Here's what I'm seeing:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

I just wanted to say thanks for providing this app. It's something that I use everyday and makes my experience on the site just that much better.

Jan 20, 2008

calmer than you are

This is what I see. Also, do I have to crop a picture to be able to upload it from the app?

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
I also just want to say thanks for this app. You kick rear end :)

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind
The issue regarding the Thread Title is intermittent. The first I've ever visited the thread was today and the thread title wasn't there. I then left the thread and returned and it was there.

Also, a very quick thank you. I spend more time on this app than viewing the forum through a browser! Your hard work is really appreciated.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet
I love the new app - I think I usw my ipad more with Awful than anything else. The only problem I have with the app now is that links to other threads seem to crash the whole app. I think someone else reported it from the previous version earlier in the thread.

Once again, thanks for a great app.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Love the new look. I think the highlight when you tap on a thread is still the old color, which doesn't match the new softer blue you're using everywhere ele.

m0isty
Sep 7, 2007
Never knowingly underfed....
Yeah, I'm getting the same problem using it on my iPad. Always empty for me whether I arrive via bookmarks or the forums list.

Edit: I was trying to quote Oceanbound's post about empty thread titles but the reply box was empty! :(

m0isty fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 17, 2012

NIV3K
Jan 8, 2010

:rolleyes:
Just saw in a thread that a YouTube video was breaking the tables, which resulted in being able to scroll the window to the side like a millimeter. I have pictures, but the app crashes every time I try to post them and I'm not near a computer.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

There's a 1.8.3 which I believe fixes that crashing. I don't know if pokeyman plans on pushes that update through to the AppStore or is planning to finalize 1.9.

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

Nevermind

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

It could also be a bit taller. It's probably the same size as it was before but now the table has a shadow which makes but seem smaller to me, and harder to hit.

Edit: oops quoting didn't work there. That was about the thing at the bottom that says how many pages are left.

Caffeinated Sloth
Apr 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Thanks for adding accessibility labels, particularly in AwfulThreadCell. App is now my preferred means of browsing SA.

insularis
Sep 21, 2002

Donated $20. Get well, Lowtax.
Fun Shoe
Thank you so much for fullscreen thread view in landscape mode on the iPad! Loving it, and the dark theme isn't jarring now with the white sidebar hidden.

Thank you!

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but could you bring back the refresh button? Or add some way to refresh the current page? If I'm in a thread with a lot of images half the time the app chokes and loads about half of them before giving up. Before I could just refresh the page to get the rest, but now there's not really a convenient way to do that, unless I'm missing something.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Caffeinated Sloth posted:

Thanks for adding accessibility labels, particularly in AwfulThreadCell. App is now my preferred means of browsing SA.

Wasn't sure anybody would notice but it takes so little time to add them. If any are missing or break in future updates, please let me know.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Jigsaw posted:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but could you bring back the refresh button? Or add some way to refresh the current page? If I'm in a thread with a lot of images half the time the app chokes and loads about half of them before giving up. Before I could just refresh the page to get the rest, but now there's not really a convenient way to do that, unless I'm missing something.

Sorry about that. As a workaround, you can tap the "page x of y" button then hit "jump to page" immediately.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

I didn't see this I'm the last 2 pages, but is two pane view for iPad in landscape going to come back? I miss it. I may be the only one though.

EDIT: aside from that, though, I love the new UI. My workaround is just to read in portrait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

Boxman posted:

I didn't see this I'm the last 2 pages, but is two pane view for iPad in landscape going to come back? I miss it. I may be the only one though.

EDIT: aside from that, though, I love the new UI. My workaround is just to read in portrait.

Yup, bringing it back via an option, as you were certainly not the only one.

• Locked thread