Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Dr Christmas posted:

Since multiple "selves" is Dirk's thing, I thought they would prototype the head or the glasses to complete Jake's entry, though I guess they did one of his skull paraphernalia for that. Maybe Squarewave will prototype Dirk's headless body?

We still have to figure out where the A1 trolls and ancestors came from.

None of the B2 kids prototyped anything before entry, not even Jake. The underlings are skeletons because they're in a 'dead' void session. They still could prototype stuff in their sprites I guess, like Gamzee did with Vriska and Tav's bodies.

Karkat made all the trolls, just like John made all the humans, for both pre- and post-Scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Ok, Serenity just has to be calliope.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Crain posted:

That's less of a stretch than a lot of other theories going around at this point.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Crain posted:

Yeah, I'm almost 100% certain on this too.

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Do her blinks in the most recent panels translate to anything?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Pastrymancy posted:

Do her blinks in the most recent panels translate to anything?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Crain posted:

Yeah, but if you time your blinks right you can make her say dirty words.

Dick Bitchwhistle
Oct 28, 2007

by Lowtax
TG: dying is a hell of a way to sober up quick
TG: got 2 remember that trick

Well at least Kanaya won't have to deal with hungover Rose, assuming she does break her neck on the stairs.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Speaking of Rose: now Roxy is sober and Rose is drunk. Up is down, etc. etc. :psyduck:

Wonder if anything else will get all mixed up.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Catsworth posted:

Wonder if anything else will get all mixed up.

John was stuffing his face with cake in the intermission; maybe Jane is sick of it now.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!

Crain posted:

It looks more like DDDDDDDDDD to me, or possibly SSSSSSSSSSSS. Which would mean it's presumably not meant to be terribly specifically meaningful.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
In which chatlog does Calliope tell Roxy that calling her name might help bring her back? I can't find the right one.

v v thanks!

MIDWIFE CRISIS fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Nov 17, 2012

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Right here.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off
Has anyone else gone through the back catalog of that For Orchestra guy's work? I've been exploring his various arrangements since that Sburban Jungle mix came up and I gotta say, he has a lot of really amazing arrangements for a REALLY random collection of tracks. Not the least of which being Mega Man 2 Dr Wily's Castle, a couple of Johnathan Coulton songs, and the Theme Songs of TMNT, Power Rangers, Ghostbusters, and Street Fighter 2 Guile.

I highly recommend listening to some of them if you haven't. Dr Wily's Castle in particular is really drat good.

EDIT: Oh sweet, he answered my ask! Shame he doesn't actually read the comic, but I can understand his reasons. And it's neat to get an outsider's perspective that isn't just someone who hasn't read it out of ignorance/dislike.

CidGregor fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Nov 17, 2012

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

ahpoordogsbody, tumblr Homestuck speculator, helpfully points out that Serenity's new name is a very obscure callback...

Hussie's old formspring posted:

All the wizard stuff in Rose's house, and her wizardfic writing in general, was mostly imported from my own absurd wizardfic I wrote some years ago, a pretty healthy sized book I never quite finished. It was called Wizardy Herbert, and was a very flippantly satirical story about kids and magic, starting out as what seemed like an unapologetic Harry Potter spoof revolving around a magical summer camp instead of a school, and then quickly launching off the plot deep end into some very convoluted stuff of Homestuckian proportions. In fact, there are many ideas mined from this story and injected into Homestuck. Any time you read anything about magic being stupid or not being real or anything like that, that's Wizardy Herbert talking. Zazzerpan and his full Complacency were minor characters in WH. WH is actually extremely similar to HS, in terms of the nature of the dialogue, the blend of utter silliness and dramatic seriousness, and complexity. It feels like such a similar thing to me, this might be the main reason why I'll never quite finish it.

Characters from WH are on Rose's wall here. http://www.mspaintadventures.com/?s=6&p=002121

Herbert is the guy with the eye patch. He had a magic gun. But he could never figure out how to use magic, so he primarily just went around shooting things.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Caliborn would be blushing so hard if he had read that pesterlog. The gall of that woman to write such things.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Rhinoceraptor posted:

Caliborn would be blushing so hard if he had read that pesterlog. The gall of that woman to write such things.
It occurs to me that Caliborn is again filling the role of the Bad Homestuck Fan.

"Ugh, another loving pesterlog. No pictures = boring, I'm skipping this poo poo."

And then it turns out to be everything he would love, pretty much nothing but kissing and death, but he didn't give it a chance.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I gotta say, now that I'm caught up, I don't mind the long pesterlogs. When it's only a couple at a time it's not bad at all. But as a confused, first-time, archival reader, who just slammed into his 10th wall of text this sitting, it really is best to just put it down an walk away for a day or two. Thankfully the save feature meant I didn't wander away for good. When I eventually go back to reread this, it'll be interesting to see just how much I skipped while my eyes were glazed over.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Air Julio posted:

I gotta say, now that I'm caught up, I don't mind the long pesterlogs. When it's only a couple at a time it's not bad at all. But as a confused, first-time, archival reader, who just slammed into his 10th wall of text this sitting, it really is best to just put it down an walk away for a day or two. Thankfully the save feature meant I didn't wander away for good. When I eventually go back to reread this, it'll be interesting to see just how much I skipped while my eyes were glazed over.

You don't have to compulsively read it for hours. It took me a good three months to get from never read to caught up, which helped me pick up a lot more.

Gamzee is still the best and I can't wait to get back to murder clown shenanigans. :colbert:

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

quote:

TG: not even ten stinkin mins into our magic bestfriendquest and theyre already jacking up the drama
TG: need to flag down the dramambulance
TG: haul these fuckers away
TG: wow they are really being so absurd
TG: maybe its just cause im not tipsy atm but this poo poo is like hells of amateur hour to me r now

I really like fed-up-with-bullshit Roxy. She seems to be as tired of relationship drama as we are. Now that she's sober without a chance of getting her drink on (I assume) it would be cool if she ends up actually being one of the more competent players in the group. And the Roxy-Calliope friendship is probs one of the best in the entire comics, if calling her name was the first thing Roxy did after entering the medium :unsmith:

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.

Hussie's Formspring posted:

Herbert is the guy with the eye patch. He had a magic gun. But he could never figure out how to use magic, so he primarily just went around shooting things.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/40585720/Combined_Formspring_Web_Aug-28-2011.htm#mspadventures159268867502284664
Yeah, after being reminded of this I'm now pretty much 100% in the serenity = calliope camp.

I'm actually surprised no one pointed out this parallel before, when her strife specibus came up at first.

e: now with the relevant links attached

CidGregor posted:

Has anyone else gone through the back catalog of that For Orchestra guy's work? I've been exploring his various arrangements since that Sburban Jungle mix came up and I gotta say, he has a lot of really amazing arrangements for a REALLY random collection of tracks. Not the least of which being Mega Man 2 Dr Wily's Castle, a couple of Johnathan Coulton songs, and the Theme Songs of TMNT, Power Rangers, Ghostbusters, and Street Fighter 2 Guile.

Here's his soundcloud, which has all of them in one place

TheDemon fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Nov 17, 2012

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Sherrard posted:

You don't have to compulsively read it for hours.

Yes, I did. :colbert:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

So this guy picked a song that turned out better this time...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuNgQEWgjwk

Edit: Oh wait, is this old? Sorry, I didn't see it until it got to YouTube.

DaveKap fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 18, 2012

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Air Julio posted:

Yes, I did. :colbert:

Ditto. It probably wasn't a good idea for me; I read the whole thing up to the latest update at the time (the wait for Cascade) in a single sitting.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

My favorite Sburban Jungle arrange has got to be this one here

I dunno what it's called and only found it because of a youtube reupload that seriously doesn't do it justice.

But the bells on it, especially towards the end, are amazing.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
UPDATE!

What the gently caress is Gamzee doing there? :stare:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
OH MY GOD CALIBORN.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Oh my god, :ohdear: Lets hope Gamzee's getup wasn't just for show.

This is the new best update.

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 09:39 on Nov 18, 2012

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH
This update is the best update. I like Gamzee and all but I just sort of... let it play for a while.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

......well, I guess we'll find out if Gamzee really is God Tier or not! :haw:

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Well, I certainly didn't see that coming.
Oh, my, I appear to have started laughing uncontrollably.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
I predict that Tumblr will just poo poo itself with this update.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
This green skull kid has style
Fake edit:

HE'S SO CUTE :swoon:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Normally I'd wager this death would parse as Just even if Gamzee was cod(piece)-tier, but he'll likely revive since Caliborn doesn't know the murderclown or his crimes. If not justice, then this is at least catharsis. :allears:

Triskelli fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Nov 18, 2012

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I'm beginning to think Caliborn has a little bit of an attitude problem. Still, can't fault his logic - that is entirely the correct response when a scarred corpse-hording clown says he wants to be your special friend.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Color Printer posted:

......well, I guess we'll find out if Gamzee really is God Tier or not! :haw:
Came here to post this. :stare:

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
I'm going to laugh my loving rear end off if this counts as just.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I'm going to laugh my loving rear end off if this counts as just.

If John getting ganked like a total scrubtier dork didn't count, I can't see this counting either.

e. haha christ he's not even looking at Gamzee. just like "pfft, w/e."

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
hah, Caliborn just when from "some douchebag" tier to "mah boy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet