Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Caliborn is the best character.

The music just keeps going.

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Nov 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
Well, that's one way to make a character more sympathetic to me...

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.
I have a feeling this is where Gamzee starts living up to the whole "most important character in Homestuck" thing.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Yeah, one way of the other, there's no way Gams is out of the picture permanently. Can't say I wasn't pleasantly surprised, though.

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

I wonder how Gamzee even got there. Time travel is involved, sure, but he'd still have to physically move to the location. Which means that the meteor's stopping point may in fact be the planet that later comes to be inhabited by the Cherubs. But then he'd have had to go into their session with them.. How is he getting back out?

Unless this is where Gamzee dies and it's the end of the road for him, even though earlier in the timeline we'll still see him around and doing things. v:v:v

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Oh my god this update :haw:

Gamzee truly is The Most Important Character In Homestuck

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I...I think I woke people up with laughing so hard!

Oh Caliborn :allears:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Holy poo poo that was perfect.

Straight from, "what the hell is Gamzee doing here!? Again!?" to blank stares... back... and forth. And then, "barapparapparappa..." forever.

I could not stop laughing.

Cthulhuchan posted:

Yeah, one way of the other, there's no way Gams is out of the picture permanently. Can't say I wasn't pleasantly surprised, though.
I wouldn't mind if this were the end of him. Though the end of a necessarily extremely circuitous and convoluted path, most of which we have yet to see.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
For gently caress's sake, he has the God Tier wings this time. He's gonna live.

Just die already, you weird honking fucker. :mad:

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.
Calling it.
1. Cut away before Gamzee can regenerate because he totally went god tier and then
2. Thousands of pages later we find out that no, he didn't go god tier, he died in a really stupid loving way.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
On re-watch, it looks like those wings might have been strapped on.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

Out of all the lovely twists and plot bombs in 3 years+ of crazy story, this is the first time I dropped my jaw and just stared at an update. Gatdamn.

This is the only known Gamzee death, right? Please let this be a fakeout. Please resurrect, mysterious conniving clown :ohdear:

OwlbearHug
Sep 14, 2011

I see you're not paying attention to me...

Eiba posted:

I wouldn't mind if this were the end of him. Though the end of a necessarily extremely circuitous and convoluted path, most of which we have yet to see.

It would be amazing if it was, and I'd be pretty happy... I suppose it could count as a justified death.

We'll just have to see, as always.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Yep. That's about what I expected to happen the moment I saw that purple goof.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

VJeff posted:

For gently caress's sake, he has the God Tier wings this time. He's gonna live.

Just die already, you weird honking fucker. :mad:

http://imgur.com/MlQRo

If you look closely as he's getting shot, the wings have a grey strap on them. So they're fake.

Dead confirmed, Caliborn best character confirmed.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
The first ten lines of Pistol Grip Pump keep playing in my head watching that gif. It's pretty neat, not gonna lie.

Detective Buttfuck
Mar 30, 2011

A big flaming stink posted:

We still haven't seen the "DEAD" appear over his corpse. :colbert:

Granted, that's probably going to be the first thing we see next update, but still...

Happy Underpants
Jul 23, 2007
The most important issue here is if Gamzee IS dead who's face will appear softly in the background to take him to Clown Valhalla?

Pyradox
Oct 23, 2012

...some kind of monster, I think.

If you look closely as he's getting shot, the wings have a grey strap on them. So they're fake.

How do you know that's a strap for holding them on? I mean, it would make sense because he had to assemble his outfit, but his wings don't appear to be actually falling off, which they should be if their straps are disconnected.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Caliborn is the hero in Homestuck? WHAT A TWIST.

Also, holy poo poo, even though I know the guy won't die, it sure is satisfying to see Gamzee get what's coming to him. FINALLY.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Pyradox posted:

How do you know that's a strap for holding them on? I mean, it would make sense because he had to assemble his outfit, but his wings don't appear to be actually falling off, which they should be if their straps are disconnected.

This is a slightly better picture that outline the wings detaching: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdofmvymBZ1qdglvt.png

Midnight Raider
Apr 26, 2010

This might be a double fakeout, and Gamzee was wearing fake wings despite being actually godtier. Cue flash later on of him raising up, and his real wings popping out.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Or maybe another way to go Godtier is to assemble the outfit or something.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Lets watch as Lord English pops out of Gamzee, like what he did with Doc, to guide his younger self :cry:

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~
Caliborn is…staring…at the fourth wall again. Seems he's pissed at Hussie for that one.

Rooreelooo
Sep 29, 2007

"Ask not what Spiral Mountain can do for you; ask what you can do for Spiral Mountain."
Quick, get that clown to a quest bed! Now's his chance to stop being a faker and actually ascend to the god tiers.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

What? No! Step away from the clown corpse!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Man, no wonder trolls were wiped out. They have no survival instincts.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
This is the most cathartic moment since Vriska got beaten to death. :haw:

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Technique posted:

This is the most cathartic moment since Vriska got beaten to death. :haw:

Stabbed. :colbert:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Well, the last time we saw him, Gamzee had some time boxes, so either this is the end of his personal timeline as an alive person, or he's god tier. No way this counts as Just, and I don't think Gamzee has a Heroic bone in his body.

As for how he got there, it's simple. He had a time machine. How the hell were they gonna slow the meteor down once it arrived in the new session? Answer: they weren't. As it arrives, they bail, and it keeps going until it crashes on cherubland or wherever. Gamzee disembarks with them, travels back in time to tamper with Jane's kernelsprite plus miscellaneous other mischief, then returns to the moment that he got off the meteor, gets back on the meteor, and rides it to... glory.

It's the only way that almost makes sense.

Bongo Bill fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Nov 18, 2012

attackbunny
May 1, 2009
I have no idea what the hell. I know that's not strange with Homestuck but I super-double-mega-have no idea what the hell.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Pretty sure he means when Aradia killed her during Make Her Pay.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Sherrard posted:

Gamzee is still the best and I can't wait to get back to murder clown shenanigans. :colbert:

Called it, and I await more shenanigans from my favorite murder clown. gently caress THE HATERS. just chill.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Such as this one.

Sherrard posted:

Called it, and I await more shenanigans from my favorite murder clown. gently caress THE HATERS. just chill.

And by "called it", you mean "whoops he just got his poo poo all murdered like the chump he is".

An honest mistake.

krakagar
Sep 26, 2010
So, do we know what's the deal with Gamzee's dream-self? Has it been seen before or died yet? Because also: Dying is a hell of a way to sober up quick.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
I guess a clown that gets murdered is still technically a murder clown, in that sense. We'll see if it sticks. (Though perhaps it'll be a while before we do, if the next page to go up doesn't involve John Wayne Gacy's ghostly visage seeing him off.) It seems his outfit was indeed fake, but, well, that needn't mean everything.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

krakagar posted:

So, do we know what's the deal with Gamzee's dream-self? Has it been seen before or died yet? Because also: Dying is a hell of a way to sober up quick.

He was killed along with the rest of the trolls' dreamselves, excepting Vriska and Sollux' Derse dreamself.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
We didn't actually see that happen, though, which is what enabled the god tier question to even be a question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comic
Feb 24, 2008

Mad Comic Stylings
My personal running entertaining theory is that Gamzee comes back, and it infuriates the hell out of Caliborn, leading him to destroy paradox space in an effort to kill him.

Which is why he's the most important.