Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
How you register Nintendo Land? Don't see any card in the copy that came with the system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Man, EB Games/GameStop really didn't inform people about how the Wii U stock was panning out. I showed up an hour before the store opened and at T-Minus 5 minutes there were easily over a dozen families with little kids and the like there, and that was the point that an employee said "we only have enough to cover pre-orders". Not a lot of happy people. Really should have been a sign.

Paper_Masochist posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/hecqubus ZombieU stream is going to start soon.

Man, this is looking really good. The dude just gets rustled up and mowed down by zombies. I wish I didn't have to wait until Christmas to crack mine open.

IVofSURGE
Nov 9, 2004
Well I just got a text saying that it was out of stock and my order from walmart.com has been canceled. so no luck :(

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Policenaut posted:

Man, this is looking really good. The dude just gets rustled up and mowed down by zombies. I wish I didn't have to wait until Christmas to crack mine open.

Yeah I was thinking about getting Wariors Orochi 3 so I had a reason for getting the pro controller but now I'm considering this instead. Got a bunch of gamestop credit + $25 off coupon so maybe both? Who knows!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

MrLonghair posted:

I'm watching http://www.twitch.tv/hecqubus/ play ZombiU and I wish I could fit a WiiU and that into my budget. The entire stream has been full of quality highlights for the past hour(s).

He just got infected for the 14th or 15th time (ie died) and he's still catching his breath from the five minute "oh poo poo oh poo poo oh no" session that led to it. Makes you wonder what that GameSpot reviewer was expecting, or playing like.

(also Eurogoons, I seriously recommend importing US WiiUs. I'm quite sure that we will have to wait extra to get WiiEU releases)

Gamesites really need to get a proper setup for showing the gamepad in conjunction with the game.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-zombiu/17-6810/

This does a great job of picture in picture for the gamepad and there is a second guy switching whats on the main screen for the viedo, so when he goes into inventory you can really see how the gamepad reacts. The live stream has a lot of the screen telling me to look at the gamepad.

This will be a standard problem of video features on the WiiU, they need to get setup.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Pikmin is loving awesome. Whoever said it was bad is bad and dumb. They're bad and dumb.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Well I seem to be screwed. My WiiU keeps freezing while trying to navigate the operating system screens. Of course I won't be able to get a replacement for who knows how long.

mrchoupon
Jun 3, 2001

I was having issues connecting to my wireless. My Wii U could see the network but I wasn't able to connect. After manually entering in all the network info it worked fine.

I got to Fred Meyers at 6:15 and waited in my car until they opened at 7:00. I was the only person there. It sure beat waiting in line outside of Target when the Wii came out.

SyRauk
Jun 21, 2007

The Persian Menace

Quest For Glory II posted:

Pikmin is loving awesome. Whoever said it was bad is bad and dumb. They're bad and dumb.

Wait! Pikmin is OUT?!

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Seeing super mixed reviews on ZombiU, like 9/10 vs 4/10. Whats the deal?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

SyRauk posted:

Wait! Pikmin is OUT?!

Nintendoland pikmin game.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

mrchoupon posted:

I was having issues connecting to my wireless. My Wii U could see the network but I wasn't able to connect. After manually entering in all the network info it worked fine.

I got to Fred Meyers at 6:15 and waited in my car until they opened at 7:00. I was the only person there. It sure beat waiting in line outside of Target when the Wii came out.

Any chance you're operating on 5ghz band? I thought this had 5ghz Wireless N but it can't find my network. Thankfully I've got dual band and it saw the 2.4ghz G band

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Rirse posted:

How you register Nintendo Land? Don't see any card in the copy that came with the system.

Unfortunately, I don't think those of us with deluxe pack-in Nintendo Land copies get CN codes for it. :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Quest For Glory II posted:

Don't mess with me like this man, I'm waiting to get a Wii U until Pikmin 3 comes out and you just made me freak out a little.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bombadilillo posted:

Nintendoland pikmin game.
It's like a beat em up, basically. But with leveling up??

This pack in is so much higher effort than Wii Sports, it's ridiculous. The music is Mario Galaxy quality, and the few games I've played have more to them than wii tennis' "waggle to do literally everything" game mechanics.

The tutorials also thankfully stop after a certain point and get tucked away.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Skunk Ape posted:

Unfortunately, I don't think those of us with deluxe pack-in Nintendo Land copies get CN codes for it. :(

That would suck, as it will join Star Fox 64 DS forever on "you can register this game" on Club Nintendo.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Mugaaz posted:

Seeing super mixed reviews on ZombiU, like 9/10 vs 4/10. Whats the deal?

No idea, from the streams it looks pretty good.

Capnbigboobies
Dec 2, 2004
Wow deployment between stores seems crazy. One target store in east San Jose had 4 and one in nearby Sunnyvale had 70!

Showed up at 6. Walked out at 8 with a black system. Seemed most of what they had were the deluxe bundle.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I woke up this morning and the old lady brought home a wii. Its pretty slow for NEXT GEN. Currently waiting for a system update after it failed the first time.

SereneCrimson
Oct 10, 2007

I am the morning sun, come to vanquish this horrible night!
Alright, so rolled up to Walmart at 6:15.
Me and my friend were 9th and 10th in line respectively.
We wait a bunch, find out that the store got 8 deluxe and 2 basics in.
Neither of us wants the basic set, and we hear that the SuperStore that is also opening soon has 5 basics.
So we decide that we should press our luck and go to the Future Shop that is still 4 hours from opening. There is a lineup of 3 people already.
So we wait about 3 hours, several more people join onto the line.

Eventually a manager comes out and says there are 8 deluxe sets in, and no basics.
I ended up grabbing my Deluxe set plus a copy of NSMBU.
Should be good times, too bad I have to work in 30 mins.. but later tonight, boy will I play some video games. and I don't work tomorrow so I don't plan much on leaving the house.

CrushedB
Jun 2, 2008

Okay ZombiU reviews are coming in and it's gotten like two 9s, an 8.5, an 8, a 7, 3 stars out of five, a 6, a 5, and a 4.5. It's apparently both a great return to survival horror that proves that the Wii U controller is great or it's a piece of dumb poo poo that proves that screens on controllers are dumb.

What.

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

MrLonghair posted:

(also Eurogoons, I seriously recommend importing US WiiUs. I'm quite sure that we will have to wait extra to get WiiEU releases)

A downside to this is that you can't use it to play any Wii games you might already have from other regions.

Skunk Ape posted:

The pack-in game gets registered through the same code as the console.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
First person view, guns, zombies. Of course some reviewers expect a typical zombie shooting FPS with those ingredients and not a sadistic rogue-like that takes quite some time to learn.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

CrushedB posted:

Okay ZombiU reviews are coming in and it's gotten like two 9s, an 8.5, an 8, a 7, 3 stars out of five, a 6, a 5, and a 4.5. It's apparently both a great return to survival horror that proves that the Wii U controller is great or it's a piece of dumb poo poo that proves that screens on controllers are dumb.

What.

There are people that don't like the Souls games and Monster Hunter either.

I pity those people.

Social Dissonance
Nov 25, 2002

hey guys lets ride
Yeah unless I'm crazy or my wireless has suddenly gone terrible, I'm going to picking up a lan and powerline adapter.

Paper_Masochist
Oct 21, 2008

flyboi posted:

Oh my gosh Warriors Orochi 3 allows you to fight an entire army of nothing but Lu Bu? I must pursue Lu Bus.

You can fight an army of Lu Bu with the help of tigers.

This is incredible.

zarron
Sep 1, 2005
If you guys live around the Peachtree City area in Metro Atlanta, Ga then give the best buy there a call. When I left there they were sitting on 30 or so not pre-ordered consoles in both black and white. Just tons of them.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

CrushedB posted:

What.

This game is the definition of not appealing to everyone. The 4.5 in particular was mad you couldn't run-n-gun the zombies enough :v:

Allow me to share a 8.0 review tidbit

A professional Troll posted:

Like so many classic survival horror titles, ZombiU's combat system is designed to put players at a disadvantage, giving them just enough to survive without ever letting them dominate. It's hard to remember these days, but there once was a time when zombies were genuinely intimidating foes as opposed to walking bags of gore that could be popped with gleeful abandon. ZombiU remembers, and if it does one thing spectacularly, it's that it puts the viral shamblers back where they belong -- on top of the food chain and breathing down your neck.
slow-paced survival is going to put off a ton of people. In fact, there's a very good chance that many of you reading this will hate it and question how I could ever begin enjoying the thing. ZombiU is not for such a person, and I can't blame anybody who dislikes their time with it. There is, however, a certain breed of player who is going to love it to bits and will find the returns well worth the struggles required. I count myself among them, and I have a feeling that many aficionados of real survival horror will join me.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 18, 2012

WaffleStomp
May 7, 2007
Walked into Best Buy at 10:15am (Langhorne, PA area) and saw about 6 to 8 systems sitting on a pallet by the registers. Picked up 2 games and headed to the local Gamestop where I had a preorder. Yep, apparently this Gamestop had 0 copies of New Mario Wii U in, and the Gamestop employee said the game had "no street date" and they had no idea when they were getting it in. Had to chuckle at that.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Yeah ZombiU seems to be pretty divided but it seems like its mostly coming down to people knowing its a rogue-like where ever bullet is very precious and enjoying it for a very slow survival horror and those who want a L4D or RE6 shoot everything game and don't enjoy it

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Nov 18, 2012

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
Went to Wal-Mart to chill until they opened at 6. Nobody seemed to be there, though there were a few dozen groups of people who were turned away from the store because it stopped being 24 hour about 2 weeks ago. Finally at 6 there was a small group of people, of which only one other dude and myself were even interested in the Wii U.

We ask the employees about it after they open and nobody knows what's going on. They were never scanned into inventory, and the department manager had claimed before leaving for the weekend that they would be for sale on the 19th.

Eventually it is all figured out, as one of the other electronics managers gets in just after one of the other supervisors called up the department manager at 7AM to see what was going on.

They either had 8 deluxe, or 4 deluxe and 4 normal units; each was said by one employee. But since only two people were in line it wasn't important, we both got the Deluxe model.

Let's hear it for first world problems.

Edit:

Bombadilillo posted:

This game is the definition of not appealing to everyone. The 4.5 in particular was mad you couldn't run-n-gun the zombies enough :v:

Allow me to share a 8.0 review tidbit

I wonder if the Gamespot reviewer was expecting Dead Rising out of the game?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Skunk Ape posted:

This doesn't make sense because the pack-in is the actual game. Anyone who bought Nintendo Land off the shelf confirm?

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
Holy smokes - the TV remote thing is nice. We have a cable remote, but have to search for our TV remote to change inputs for the game system, then grab a game controller.

The Wii U pad changes input and adjusts volume on my Vizio. I don't need the TV remote any more.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
Haha so my step son has a friend that works at toys r us. He called and said they have two deluxes left plus zombie u and Mario. I send him with my credit card and he texts back "mission accomplished." Easiest last minute purchase ever and I didn't even need to leave the house.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

al-azad posted:

This doesn't make sense because the pack-in is the actual game. Anyone who bought Nintendo Land off the shelf confirm?

If you look closely there's a "Not for resale" marking on the pack-in Nintendoland case.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Xenomorph posted:

Holy smokes - the TV remote thing is nice. We have a cable remote, but have to search for our TV remote to change inputs for the game system, then grab a game controller.

The Wii U pad changes input and adjusts volume on my Vizio. I don't need the TV remote any more.

That sounds awesome! Except I dont want to turn on my WiiU to change input to turn on my ps3.

Dumb ole PS3 :colbert:

Anybody seen a review, or have first hand knowledge of Blops2 WiiU version?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is Warriors Orochi 3 any different than the one on the PS3 that I downloaded and played for like ten minutes? :v:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
It looks like it totally does download the update in the background while you play games, before you tell it to do so. I set up the console and decided to play for an hour and a half before downloading the update. Went to download the update and it was already 75% done.

This could also just be some weird bad progress reporting though.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Ciaphas posted:

Is Warriors Orochi 3 any different than the one on the PS3 that I downloaded and played for like ten minutes? :v:

I think it's got a new Duel Mode or something involving cards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Stealthed Zombie posted:

It looks like it totally does download the update in the background while you play games, before you tell it to do so. I set up the console and decided to play for an hour and a half before downloading the update. Went to download the update and it was already 75% done.

This could also just be some weird bad progress reporting though.

Thats awesome news, I want to buy NSMBU online, but don't want to wait for update before digging into NinLand!

• Locked thread