Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/18/zombiu-review IGN Zombi U review up now. Seems they didn't like it either after pimping the game for months. Did Ubisoft piss someone off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scottus
Jul 31, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

I've read five reviews which assume this would be an action FPS and not a survival horror FPS.

Just garbage reviews basically.

Yeah. That gamespot one was cringe-worthy.

Summary "Zombi U isn't like RE5, and we don't like that very much at all!"

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
Which games require a motion plus on Nintendoland?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bluegoon posted:

Anyone care to explain to me what that last statement means? Digital Content Privilege? This is BT Games South Africa.

People who buy a deluxe get some kind of flag on their account that gives them a 5$ coupon for every 50$ they spend in the eShop.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

Which games require a motion plus on Nintendoland?

I could have sworn the only Wiimotes you could use across the entire system were Motion Plus. But maybe I'm wrong.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

ImpAtom posted:

So I'm really enjoying ZombiU so far. I'm not far into it but it seems really cool. Does it go to poo poo later on or something?

The problem doesn't seem to be that it goes to poo poo, but that it doesn't go to anywhere new or interesting as it progresses.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Chinston Wurchill posted:

The problem doesn't seem to be that it goes to poo poo, but that it doesn't go to anywhere new or interesting as it progresses.

It's a game all about surviving as long as you can, which comes down to using your bat on everything since you never get adequate amounts of ammo or upgrades to take on bigger more interesting challenges...and there aren't any bigger or more interesting challenges. The whole game has roughly the same constant difficulty level.

I can't imagine how bad Dark Souls would be if every area had the same enemies as Undead Burg, and you could screw around with more powerful weapons for a few swings before they broke and you were stuck with the default short sword.

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I could have sworn the only Wiimotes you could use across the entire system were Motion Plus. But maybe I'm wrong.
No, as we played the ghost game and the chase Mario game with old school controllers.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Dr. Video Games 0050 posted:

No, as we played the ghost game and the chase Mario game with old school controllers.

Dammit. I picked up another Motion Plus to compliment the Zelda one because I was under that impression. Oh well, at least I have another one of those for the games that do require it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
When was Pikmin 3 supposed to come out? I thought it was a launch title.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

It's a game all about surviving as long as you can, which comes down to using your bat on everything since you never get adequate amounts of ammo or upgrades to take on bigger more interesting challenges...and there aren't any bigger or more interesting challenges. The whole game has roughly the same constant difficulty level.

I can't imagine how bad Dark Souls would be if every area had the same enemies as Undead Burg, and you could screw around with more powerful weapons for a few swings before they broke and you were stuck with the default short sword.

Really? I've encountered at least one kind of special zombie so far. Are there not more?

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

Anatharon posted:

When was Pikmin 3 supposed to come out? I thought it was a launch title.

Spring.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, watching the stream earlier I saw these glowing red zombies that could jog at you and security guard zombies with helmets that you had to bash off.

Skunk Ape
Mar 16, 2009

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Anyone catch the Giant Bomb stream when they were playing AC3 that could comment on the performance/graphical comparison to PS360 if they said anything about that? I skipped it to avoid spoilers.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
So I went and added a couple of people from the ID thread. I guess you don't get notifications when someone requests you as a friend? Some people had already added me and now we're friends since I added them. But others say provisionally registered friend. I'm guessing that they haven't added me. Weird.

Is there any sort of guide for using an external drive? I have a WD Passport that I can't get the console to recognize for the life of me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Skunk Ape posted:

Anyone catch the Giant Bomb stream when they were playing AC3 that could comment on the performance/graphical comparison to PS360 if they said anything about that? I skipped it to avoid spoilers.

I'm interested in this too. Almost bought it today, then decided to defer after reading the gloominess in the AC3 thread :v:

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

So I went and added a couple of people from the ID thread. I guess you don't get notifications when someone requests you as a friend? Some people had already added me and now we're friends since I added them. But others say provisionally registered friend. I'm guessing that they haven't added me. Weird.

Is there any sort of guide for using an external drive? I have a WD Passport that I can't get the console to recognize for the life of me.

I'll check this out if you added me. I'm a bit further down in the post, and I already added you. It's weird though because I'm watching the GB thread and he's getting notifications when people add him. Is there a setting we're missing?

Weird. I DEFINITELY added you. But it still says you're provisional, so I guess you do have to add me manually?

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 18, 2012

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

bluegoon posted:

Anyone care to explain to me what that last statement means? Digital Content Privilege? This is BT Games South Africa.

That sounds like it might be a bad translation of the digital deluxe promotion that gets you 10% back on stuff you buy on the eShop?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Zelda game and metroid game are only 2 that require motion+.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Skunk Ape posted:

They said it looked pretty much the same and had some framerate stutter that the other versions had.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Stealthed Zombie posted:

I'll check this out if you added me. I'm a bit further down in the post, and I already added you. It's weird though because I'm watching the GB thread and he's getting notifications when people add him. Is there a setting we're missing?

Weird. I DEFINITELY added you. But it still says your provisional, so I guess you do have to add me manually?

It's really random. I've gotten one notification while the other 4 I didn't.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

flyboi posted:

It's really random. I've gotten one notification while the other 4 I didn't.

Strange. Well, I added you as well. Maybe it's gotta do with how the system is kind of wonky today. The GB guy has like 10-15 pending requests.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

KIM JONG TRILL posted:

That's odd, I bought a 2TB WD Elements for the occasion and it works fine. Only odd thing so far is when I came back from the store after leaving the Wii U on idle on the login screen I had an error saying USB storage disconnected and had to unplug the system to reboot it.

Posting from my Wii U! The web browser is surprisingly zippy and enjoyable to use.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Boten Anna posted:

Posting from my Wii U! The web browser is surprisingly zippy and enjoyable to use.

Think it might become something casual Internet users regularly use?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Why does this thing drop my wifi connection ? Also, where does one go to see the wifi settings ? My other devices have full bars and never lose a signal, this thing can't stay tuned in.

If it had an Ethernet port I would plug it into that, so that I could keep a connection going, but apparently Ethernet is dumb and everything is wifi now. Now if only the Wii had a half decent antenna.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

:cry: the miimaker picture feature thinks I'm butt-ugly.

beergod
Nov 1, 2004
NOBODY WANTS TO SEE PICTURES OF YOUR UGLY FUCKING KIDS YOU DIPSHIT
Man being able to play console games on the tablet is amazing. Football on and I'm playing nsmbu. Heaven!

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Think it might become something casual Internet users regularly use?

I own a lot of poo poo with Web browsers and I'll probably regularly use it. It's good.

Also hey everyone hey look at this setting it's very mysterious!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

I own a lot of poo poo with Web browsers and I'll probably regularly use it. It's good.

How's it work for media on sites? Like if I wanted to put a streaming ZombiU session thing on my big screen? Thats what I'm most interested in it for.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Boten Anna posted:

What part of this is mysterious?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a way to adjust the screen on the Wii U? I been noticing this on a lot of games that they are cropping off on the side, especially if the tablet showing the same screen as the tv.

loudog999
Apr 30, 2006

Rirse posted:

Is there a way to adjust the screen on the Wii U? I been noticing this on a lot of games that they are cropping off on the side, especially if the tablet showing the same screen as the tv.

Do you mean on the TV? I had to change the aspect ratio on my TV to just scan, seemed to fix it

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

Bobnumerotres posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/18/zombiu-review IGN Zombi U review up now. Seems they didn't like it either after pimping the game for months. Did Ubisoft piss someone off?

Maybe. Or maybe it's just... not a good game?

:aaaaa:

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
The GB guys are playing Batman on the stream now and the framerate has been rough so far.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

loudog999 posted:

Do you mean on the TV? I had to change the aspect ratio on my TV to just scan, seemed to fix it

Tried that and it's still cropped off. I was able to fix it on the shop channel and mii verse, but stuff like the main menu and Mighty Switch Force just don't give me the option and get cropped out.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Mandrel posted:

Since when does a review score have anything to do with a game's quality?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Mandrel posted:

I haven't played all that far yet but it seems enjoyable enough. Not sure why people need outside reviews for validation/need to get all smug about bad reviews though.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Boten Anna posted:

Uh, if it's anything how the 3DS works it will just tell you what game your friend is playing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So I saw an article earlier about Ninja Gaiden 3 for the WiiU being less lovely than the 360/PS3 versions. Is there anything backing that up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
About Batman, the GB guys just said that it is "a bad version of this game," and that the framrate is "poor."

The port wasn't done by Rocksteady, and it seems to have suffered for it.

• Locked thread