Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

A god tier troll. Notice the slits for the wings.

Gamzee is a lousy fake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Someone went into the flash files, the wings are strapped on.

Dolash posted:

More important than whether Gamzee is dead fo realz or not, I'm pretty sure Gamzee knew this was going to happen and intended it to (at least, as much as Gamzee intends to do any of the things he does, which is still pretty ambiguous). If he's god-tier and revives, maybe this is just his way of introducing himself to Caliborn and showing him he'll be his guide no matter what he thinks of it? Maybe Gamzee wants Caliborn to *think* he's dead? Or maybe Gamzee wanted to be dead so he can go to the dreambubbles and continue to unfold whatever crazy clown plan he's got going on? All possibilities.

The least likely possibility I can imagine is that Gamzee miscalculated and all his effort to get to this point has been wasted. It's pretty rare in Homestuck or in stories in general for someone with a plan and motivations hidden from the audience actually gets thwarted, since we don't have the context yet to understand "oh poo poo this wasn't supposed to happen!"

I get the feeling that dying here is the final step in Gamzee's weird, unseen plan. Like we'll be in the middle of Act 6 Act 5 Act 2 and suddenly everything will just click and like LE's head will explode or he'll get sucked into a timeloop or something.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Luminous Obscurity posted:

I get the feeling that dying here is the final step in Gamzee's weird, unseen plan. Like we'll be in the middle of Act 6 Act 5 Act 2 and suddenly everything will just click and like LE's head will explode or he'll get sucked into a timeloop or something.

This entire story is all a part of Gamzee's Crazy Motherfucking Miracle.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Ariong posted:

This entire story is all a part of Gamzee's Crazy Motherfucking Miracle.

We thought we knew what the Vast Honk was but it has yet to be sounded my brothers.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does anyone else have a problem with the site not storing your progress into the story? I'm on Chrome on a Mac, but even after clearing all of my cookies from all sites, and the history and cache, I can't get the autosave or manual save function to work. It's been like this forever, but I've decided to re-read through Homestruck again for shits and giggles (and to stave some boredom).

Dr Strangepants
Nov 26, 2003

Mein Führer! I can dance!

Someone went into the flash files, the wings are strapped on.

Whoa, you're right, they are! Huh. I guess Gamzee is dead. What an odd plan if he needed to die in this manner...

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It ain't over till we see "DEAD".

My favorite part of this update is that Caliborn isn't even looking at him while he fires.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Well he is a pimp after all.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Dr Strangepants posted:

Whoa, you're right, they are! Huh. I guess Gamzee is dead. What an odd plan if he needed to die in this manner...

Homestuck has probably set some sort of record for characters making plans that incorporate their own death at some point. Dirk, Rose, Aradia...

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So are the wings just not there at all in the final shot? I can't see them and I don't really have any idea what's going on back there. Help. :psyduck:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Color Printer posted:

So are the wings just not there at all in the final shot? I can't see them and I don't really have any idea what's going on back there. Help. :psyduck:

It looks like they were cheap prop wings held on by a plastic strap, and Caliborn's friendly greeting blew them right off Gamzee's back.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
I wonder why Hussie bothered to put two buttons on the choice.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

J.theYellow posted:

I wonder why Hussie bothered to put two buttons on the choice.

Because there were two when Jane did it (the relevant decision is at the end of that walkabout).

Lost Covenant
Dec 9, 2009

IUG posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with the site not storing your progress into the story? I'm on Chrome on a Mac, but even after clearing all of my cookies from all sites, and the history and cache, I can't get the autosave or manual save function to work. It's been like this forever, but I've decided to re-read through Homestruck again for shits and giggles (and to stave some boredom).

Yeah, I'm having the same problem (using Chrome for Windows). It's quite frustrating, so I've been saving the most recent Homestuck page as a dial on Speed Dial 2, but it's not a great solution.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

This is a glorious update :allears:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Well then, those were some nice further [S] pages.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

That final BRAKABRAKABRAKA is wonderful. :allears:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Someone's gonna have to go looking for my poo poo cuz I just lost it all

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I love how Gamzee is just mildly perturbed by this at most

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
Caliborn is seriously rising up my favorite characters list so loving fast.

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Well, that clears that up, I guess. :ms:

E:

Color Printer posted:

Hah, I missed that the first time. Caliborn, stop being likeable, you're supposed to be a villain.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
DING DONG THE BARD IS DEAD
This is the best update, without question.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Color Printer posted:

Caliborn is seriously rising up my favorite characters list so loving fast.
These two things right loving here.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Ill clown > universe murdering demon.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

...I have a couple predictions about what's going to happen next.

They all revolve around the fact that Gamzee has essentially two personalities, and they are all terrifying.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

IUG posted:

Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't.

At this point, I just use the clicked/unclicked link colors on the sidebar to see if there's anything new.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
And the number of bullet holes increases with every loading screen.

Caliborn is the kind of player who will attempt to kill every NPC in a game regardless of whether you're supposed to or even able to.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Gnome de plume posted:

Caliborn is the kind of player who will attempt to kill every NPC in a game regardless of whether you're supposed to or even able to.
I immediately thought of Eridan when I read this. Wait, come to think of it, didn't cherubs being a type of angel get mentioned in this thread before?

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Well who else is going to be on NPC-killing duty?

Edit: I like how the sad wing stays on so long.

SwimmingSpider fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Nov 19, 2012

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Has anyone suggested that since Gamzee has access to time travel equipment this could be a Beta-Gamzee?

A Dapper Walrus
Dec 28, 2011
Could be Gamzee from the end of comic just tying up loose ends.

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Supersonic Shine posted:

I immediately thought of Eridan when I read this. Wait, come to think of it, didn't cherubs being a type of angel get mentioned in this thread before?
Only that someone pointed out that Eridan's NPCs didn't look anything like the cherubs from what we've seen, which, admittedly, is just a silhouette of a flying thing.

Dolash posted:

Has anyone suggested that since Gamzee has access to time travel equipment this could be a Beta-Gamzee?
I'd stand by this if it weren't recently subtly hinted in the Halloween Party flash that there is and ever was only one Gamzee. Who knows, though. I'm always wrong about these sorts of things.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Everyone seems pretty happy that Gamzee seems to be dead, which is a shame, seeing as he is the Second Best Troll.

Lord of Laughton
Nov 11, 2008

It's hard to say for certain
But I think I like it here.
Damnit Hussie, you tease.

No way Gamzee is dead. I refuse to believe it. If he is and he ceases to have any story relevance... I'll actually be pretty pissed. :(

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Lord of Laughton posted:

Damnit Hussie, you tease.

No way Gamzee is dead. I refuse to believe it. If he is and he ceases to have any story relevance... I'll actually be pretty pissed. :(

Would you say you'd be enraged?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

WAR FOOT posted:

Everyone seems pretty happy that Gamzee seems to be dead, which is a shame, seeing as he is the Second Best Troll.
Dude killed Equius :mad:

E: I like every troll, but come on tis only fair. Also Caliborn makes this way funnier than it should be.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 19, 2012

Strongylocentrotus
Jan 24, 2007

Nab him, jab him, tab him, grab him - stop that pigeon NOW!
Everything about this string of updates has been glorious, but the last few seconds of the latest page got a particularly hearty laugh from me. Just a few more shots for good measure; gotta make extra-sure the clown is dead!

Caliborn may be the ultimate Big Bad of the comic, but bless his wee irate cherub heart, I'm getting a kick out of him.

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

After seeing these addition [s] panels all I can think is "it keeps happening."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm shocked anyone believes that Gamzee would actually be dead. Come on folks, he's the most important character in Homestuck and he couldn't possibly qualify for the terms Kurloz used if this was the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

I don't know, it'd be hilarious if all his servents failed to account for just how much of a petulant little shithead he is.