Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Wow, some excellent cars posted here. :allears: Congrats on your 'adult' cars guys! The CTS-V and AMG are basically an eyegasm to look at.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Wow, some excellent cars posted here. :allears: Congrats on your 'adult' cars guys! The CTS-V and AMG are basically an eyegasm to look at.

There's a few of us kicking around who have been here since we were in our teens/early 20s. I originally came in here when I bought an Evo :v: I just realized I've been here for 10 years today :psyduck:

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
/\/\/\ Huh. How does it feel?

Stealth Like posted:

Yeah, there's a shorter one available that I've already bought and I'm waiting for it to get here, not sure why they decided it needed to be 20 ft long.
gently caress that. Get a much longer one, with an oblong red piece of plastic on the end that droops and sways. Get a big controller for R/C cars, just to mess with people's heads. If any real car could get mistaken for R/C, it's that AMG.

Can't you just hear an electric motor buzzing? The front wheels flicking back and forth with little clicking sounds? No? Just me?

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Das Volk posted:

There's a few of us kicking around who have been here since we were in our teens/early 20s. I originally came in here when I bought an Evo :v: I just realized I've been here for 10 years today :psyduck:

:allears: My ten-year is next summer. The things I've learned from you jackasses could fill novels.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
It's good books can't rust then. :v:

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

ExecuDork posted:

Can't you just hear an electric motor buzzing? The front wheels flicking back and forth with little clicking sounds? No? Just me?

Well, it did look like a lot of fun on top gear...

And to go with Das Volk, I remember the first car I posted here was my '92 MR2 turbo. Still miss that car sometimes. I'll have been registered here for 10 years in a few months, time sure does go by fast.

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

BlackMK4 posted:

It's good books can't rust then. :v:

Mold is just a form of book-rust.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS
Just reserved a Model S Performance, unfortunately the wait is at least 9 months to get one :(

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

eeenmachine posted:

Just reserved a Model S Performance, unfortunately the wait is at least 9 months to get one :(

I like these.

Also 9 months is enough time to get started on populating the back seat :dance:

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Hello Spaceman posted:

I like these.

Also 9 months is enough time to get started on populating the back seat :dance:

I have a teething 8 month old, and I made a point to not select the optional rear facing child seats in the back. It still kind of scares me you could fit 5 kids in the back of this thing.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

eeenmachine posted:

I have a teething 8 month old, and I made a point to not select the optional rear facing child seats in the back. It still kind of scares me you could fit 5 kids in the back of this thing.
Yeah it's pretty crazy how much space cars of the future can have with no ICE. You've got that small trunk in the front, all that space in the back. Just look at this thing:

What I want is an option to get rid of the hood and stick an open air seat up there for some really exciting rides.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

davebo posted:

Yeah it's pretty crazy how much space cars of the future can have with no ICE. You've got that small trunk in the front, all that space in the back. Just look at this thing:

What I want is an option to get rid of the hood and stick an open air seat up there for some really exciting rides.

It will be a welcome change from the Roadster which can barely fit a set of golf clubs...

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

eeenmachine posted:

I had no clue until now that it has jump seats in the back....with 5-point belts. Every 6 year old boy's dream is coming true with the model S.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
I bought this on a whim.

1987 300D, 164k, in amazing shape.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
You left out the most important part - which tranny is sitting in that beast? :clint:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

There's no PRDNL display in the dash, but I don't know whether that's mandatory or not.

I hope it's a 5-speed considering how slow a 4-speed would be.

E: My parents had the same wheels on their 190D :)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

KozmoNaut posted:

There's no PRDNL display in the dash, but I don't know whether that's mandatory or not.

I hope it's a 5-speed considering how slow a 4-speed would be.

Mercedes puts maximum speed per gear markers on the speedometer (see ./../... dots at 32/52/90mph). Looks like it's a 4 speed, so automatic.

VV Not saying 4 speed manuals don't exist, they just weren't imported to the US market.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Nov 20, 2012

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

meatpimp posted:

Mercedes puts maximum speed per gear markers on the speedometer (see ./../... dots at 32/52/90mph). Looks like it's a 4 speed, so automatic.

My parents' 190D was a 2.0 8v NA diesel with a 4-speed manual. It was absolutely glacial.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW
Huh. I actually learned something from meatpimp. It is truly the end of days.

Welp, time to go buy myself a white Aveo Impala.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

meatpimp posted:

VV Not saying 4 speed manuals don't exist, they just weren't imported to the US market.

Holy poo poo, learned something new.

A few more posts like that Meatpimp, and you will have reached the five constructive posts needed to participate in AI:SS.

just kidding. AI wouldn't be the same without our dealer of fine quality meats

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I got a new car Saturday. It's not flashy or old or awesome, but it is economical and it made me realize how much I missed small cars. Went from an XTerra to this.

The pic isn't MY car, but same color/wheels. 2012 Civic EX-L.

I was thinking of treating it like the first owner did to a civic I had when I was younger, purple tint (with bubbles) and a speakerbox.

But seriously, I am getting the windows tinted and having XM put in and thinking about a small subwoofer to round out the sound.

Ninja Woodchuck
Mar 20, 2005

He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them.

LTBS posted:

2012 Civic EX-L.

Nice car, dude. I love the ex-l trim in the civic. I looked at a used accord in that trim but it was entirely too big for me.

If you shopped around before buying this car, did you get to hear* about how terrible the 2012 Civics are and how they got a "do not buy" from Consumer Reports? I eventually got a 2011 Fit, but goddamn every other dealership sang that song to me if they heard me say Civic.

*from idiot salesmen at non-honda dealerships

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Viggen posted:

Huh. I actually learned something from meatpimp.

In the immortal words of LL Cool J: Don't call it a comeback, I been here for years.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

meatpimp posted:

Yeah it's an auto. As far as I know that was the only way you could get them in North America. I love driving it, it just floats down the road, and it's got ok go when its in boost, but it goes nowhere until 2500rpm when the turbo kicks in.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

D C posted:

I bought this on a whim.

1987 300D, 164k, in amazing shape.

What's up gold-w124-300d buddy. Yours looks to be in infinitely better shape than mine. :downs:

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

Ninja Woodchuck posted:

Nice car, dude. I love the ex-l trim in the civic. I looked at a used accord in that trim but it was entirely too big for me.

If you shopped around before buying this car, did you get to hear* about how terrible the 2012 Civics are and how they got a "do not buy" from Consumer Reports? I eventually got a 2011 Fit, but goddamn every other dealership sang that song to me if they heard me say Civic.

*from idiot salesmen at non-honda dealerships

I shopped around, but not at dealerships :) I always liked my old Civic and I drove my parents Civic Hybrid a few times. I know they hadn't gotten bad. I just didn't really care for anything else in that price range.

I could've gotten a better car, but I've got to worry about fixing up my house instead of worrying about a car that looks nice in a garage that needs fixing.

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

meatpimp posted:

Was this only in older models? I've never seen this in any MB I've driven. (04+)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Nait Sirhc posted:

Was this only in older models? I've never seen this in any MB I've driven. (04+)

Looks like it, I had to GIS to see if it was in our W210 and it looks like not. I suspect it probably went away once they decided to capitalize on economies of scale by using a common speedo whenever possible, rather than having to swap it out for each engine/transmission/final drive combo.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

eeenmachine posted:

I really love how these look. I'm starting to see a couple every day.

Why is there such a broad range in pricing? What do you get for the Performance version?

Bulk Vanderhuge
May 2, 2009

womp womp womp womp

Comrade Flynn posted:

I really love how these look. I'm starting to see a couple every day.

Why is there such a broad range in pricing? What do you get for the Performance version?

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/options

Spoiler, leather/CF interior, active air ride, traction control and 21" wheels. Not sure about the drive inverter.

I was super impressed after seeing the Jay Leno segment. Eeenmachine, you definitely need to start a thread when you get it.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Bulk Vanderhuge posted:

http://www.teslamotors.com/models/options

Spoiler, leather/CF interior, active air ride, traction control and 21" wheels. Not sure about the drive inverter.

I was super impressed after seeing the Jay Leno segment. Eeenmachine, you definitely need to start a thread when you get it.

Interesting...so the battery pack size is effectively how electric cars measure power? I had no idea; I thought it just affected the range.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Merry Christmas, you filthy animals.

eeenmachine
Feb 2, 2004

BUY MORE CRABS

Comrade Flynn posted:

Interesting...so the battery pack size is effectively how electric cars measure power? I had no idea; I thought it just affected the range.
Pretty sure it just has a slightly more powerful motor.

Unfortunately I got stuck with a standard model with all the options except the performance motor since I don't want leather. Best part is the projected ship date is Dec 2013 :(

Just hoping I survive another year barreling around in the Roadster.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

mutata posted:

Ugh, again, this car is soo good.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Brought my new car home tonight.

2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line Sport package. Loaded to the gills and more technology than an aircraft carrier. I already love it.

Just realized I've been here on SA long enough to have posted my last five cars in this thread, but missed the sixth one somewhere in there.

DropShadow fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 21, 2012

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

DropShadow posted:

Just realized I've been here on SA long enough to have posted my last five cars in this thread, but missed the sixth one somewhere in there.

Sweet ride.

And I think I've posted my CURRENT 5 cars in this loving thread, probably posted a bunch of the last ones as well.

jink
May 8, 2002

Drop it like it's Hot.
Taco Defender

DropShadow posted:

2011 A4 Avant Prestige S-Line Sport package. Loaded to the gills and more technology than an aircraft carrier. I already love it.

This is some hot poo poo. Wow, what a nice wagon.

Have any interior shots?

discstickers
Jul 29, 2004

DropShadow posted:

Very nice. Not a manual, I'm assuming?

I've had four cars since I joined SA.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Nice find, unfortunately (or not?) for 2013 they got rid of the regular wagon and "Outbackified" it a bit, if you could call it that, and renamed it the Allroad, without the trick suspension of the original one though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

mutata posted:

The little sparkle in the oil stain is the icing on the cake!