Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

BooLoo posted:

WHERE DO THE COINS GO??? this is really bugging me

ugh, bitcoins are never gonna be a thing. just give up, you sperg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

quote:

Unlike screens, slide film doesn't have pixels. This means you get beautiful looking images from a device the size of a matchbox.

except that they're just starting with a low res digital source file and burning it to slide film with an optical printer. this is like saying "if you use a tube amplifier, your chiptunes and electronica will sound like beautiful fully orchestrated symphonies"

the lack of technological understanding here is making me pretty maf

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
if people understood things most everyone would be out of a job.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

except that they're just starting with a low res digital source file and burning it to slide film with an optical printer. this is like saying "if you use a tube amplifier, your chiptunes and electronica will sound like beautiful fully orchestrated symphonies"

the lack of technological understanding here is making me pretty maf

yeah well we're talking about people "enhancing" photos with filters that make them look like they were taken by poo poo 70s cameras here

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

BooLoo posted:

WHERE DO THE COINS GO??? this is really bugging me

in the nearest sewer drain

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Lex Kramer posted:

I just put coins in my pocket

same

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Shaggar posted:

if people understood things most everyone would be out of a job.

i too look forward to our technologic utopia wherein most don't NEED to work and are free to focus their energies on groundbreaking endeavors instead of grinding others further down

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

JawnV6 posted:

i too look forward to our technologic utopia wherein most don't NEED to work and are free to focus their energies on groundbreaking endeavors instead of grinding others further down

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/2012/11/stanford-university-researcher-says.html

pretty interesting article about how since humanity doesn't need to evolve their intelligence anymore to survive, humans are slowly getting dumber via mutations

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
ian

ian come back

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Proteus4994 posted:

http://www.bizjournals.com/sanfrancisco/blog/2012/11/stanford-university-researcher-says.html

pretty interesting article about how since humanity doesn't need to evolve their intelligence anymore to survive, humans are slowly getting dumber via mutations

welcome to the republican party

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Proteus4994 posted:

yeah idiocracy is a documentary

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

I'm a big fan of eugenics

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Sweet dreams is a good song

Proteus4994
Jan 2, 2001

Do not engage. Just tell me to go back to Kiwi Farms where I waste days upon days crying about how I wasted years upon years on SA. Did you know I was personally responsible for SA's rise in popularity in the 00's? It's true! Just come to the Farms and find out how! It's the trash kingdom I deserve.

Gentle Autist posted:

no that was the eurythmics

he's talking about the guy from sctv that played the dad in american pie

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
who am i to disagree

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Lex Kramer posted:

did somebody say :siren: WHAT'S IN YOUR WALLET RIGHT NOW THREAD?? :siren:

alec baldwin is a goon???

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Gentle Autist posted:

the song is actually about kickstarter if you think about it

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Lex Kramer posted:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Lex Kramer posted:

JawnV6 posted:

who am i to disagree

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Lex Kramer posted:

Everybody's looking for fuuuuunding, oooooooooooooo

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

JawnV6 posted:

ok, so it actually works on predicated execution and you're kinda daft to club that under "branch prediction" and consistently ignoring the fact that GPU's are designed to shovel huge amounts of data around which appears 'free' during gpgpu usage, then turning around and pretending that predicated execution is rilly rilly hard while debugging a delay in a sprawling mass of connective fabric is simple

gently caress's sake what do you know
Idk

Are you talking about gpus or something because I don't know dick about gpus. Triangles and pixels

I meant that at first glance anything interesting on the kickstarter thing will have to deal with chunking work over a bunch of these lovely cores and moving it around efficiently. It looks to me like that's how you're supposed to program it. Mebbe that's how chips always work on the inside but its not how Software Gets Built so it looks actually difficult to me

Anyway I thought it was funny to read about a CPU that doesn't do a lot of fancy Dan poo poo to make up for bad programmers

PS is predicated execution movcc? So like gpus don't branch they just have like faddcc? Ok

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

http://www.indiegogo.com/pengpod

PengPod: True Linux Tablets and MiniPCs
The power of the Allwinner A10 with the flexibility of real Linux, help us build a true Linux tablet!

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

theflyingexecutive posted:

Everybody's looking for fuuuuunding, oooooooooooooo

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Lex Kramer posted:

http://www.indiegogo.com/pengpod

PengPod: True Linux Tablets and MiniPCs
The power of the Allwinner A10 with the flexibility of real Linux, help us build a true Linux tablet!

You can have that right now, theres a dozen sellers on amazon peddling these craplets, many of whom will ship Prime. just slap ubuntu on it and you can enjoy about three weeks of terrible maladapted user experience before the ports break off and the battery balloons through the display like a chestburster.

I hope to get one of those mk802s in my stocking this year though. But again, theyre $45 on amazon, so im not sure why this guy needs $49k

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Duscat posted:

You can have that right now, theres a dozen sellers on amazon peddling these craplets, many of whom will ship Prime. just slap ubuntu on it and you can enjoy about three weeks of terrible maladapted user experience before the ports break off and the battery balloons through the display like a chestburster.

I hope to get one of those mk802s in my stocking this year though. But again, theyre $45 on amazon, so im not sure why this guy needs $49k

*rubs chin*

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

:neckbeard:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Proteus4994 posted:

been saying this for years so i feel pretty validated right now

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

hey nevergirls my krk5s have a hum when they are powered on even with no input attached, i googled it up and some spergs claim that some of the caps go bad and should be repalced should i do that or is their a lower effort solution

like is it possible i just need a power conditioner or what

also have you ever used this poo poo http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Gentle Autist posted:

hey nevergirls my krk5s have a hum when they are powered on even with no input attached, i googled it up and some spergs claim that some of the caps go bad and should be repalced should i do that or is their a lower effort solution

like is it possible i just need a power conditioner or what

also have you ever used this poo poo http://cycling74.com/soundflower-landing-page/

all i know is that the hum probably = grounding issue right?

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

holy poo poo i been outta the game too long, facepalm etc etc

will report back

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

looks like there is a ground pin there hooray

hopefull it is that simple

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

great lmk

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug
Bad power filter caps can definitely cause a 60 cycle hum.

The good news is that there aren't that many power filter caps most likely.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
i gots some rokit 7s and i like them a lot well that's my story bye

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

<3 annie lennox

jonpv
Apr 19, 2007

Simply unbannable!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir-Vm1jlvEQ

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Power supply caps, and yes, Soundflower is *really* nice.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

he's asking $19,000 for some maps for a free game

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004