Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
There SHOULD have been a pile of dead beta Gamzees from the black king fight alone. Unless the rule is that the player has to die before the timeline winks out, and Aradiabot went back in time before he died every single time. We don't know exactly how the failed BK fights went - if he wiped the group, or they just didn't beat him in time to stop the Reckoning.

It's also very possible that all the dead Gamzees are hiding out somewhere in the dream bubbles too, for reasons unknown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
One possibility is that Gamzee didn't die in any of those alternate timelines, but always (or usually) went the way of beta Rose, dissolving into a packet of memories that might filter through to his alpha self, and, if so, presumably started doing just that at some point after he sobered up. Can't be sure on this question one way or the other, of course.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

TVs Ian posted:

Unless the rule is that the player has to die before the timeline winks out

Pretty sure this is how it works. Once a beta timeline has nothing to contribute anymore (for example, the Time player has already gone back to the past), the timeline just disappears, along with everything it contained. Dave explicitly told Rose to go to sleep because there was a chance the dreamself memories would be shared across timelines.

quote:

TT: What do you think I should do?
TG: try going to sleep
TG: our dream selves kind of operate outside the normal time continuum i think
TG: so if part of you from this timelines going to persist thats probably the way to make it happen
TT: Ok.
TG: and hey you might even be able to help your past dream self wake up sooner without all that fuss you went through
TT: I think the true purpose of this game is to see how many qualifiers we can get to precede the word "self" and still understand what we're talking about.
TG: the true purpose is to make a sprite that doesnt make me want to flog myself raw with my own brain stem
TG: anything else is gravy
TT: If my past self can wake up sooner, maybe I'll be the one to visit you first this time.
TT: I'll fly by and remind you you're already awake and don't know it.
TG: yeah thatd be cool i guess
TG: im gonna go now
TT: Good luck.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yes, that's right. The timeline and everything in it, except for ghosts (who have already died and thus evacuated the timeline), cease to exist at the moment of the act of time travel that prevents it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Man, Caliborn sure is making a point to turn his back on that body.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

RandomFerret posted:

Man, Caliborn sure is making a point to turn his back on that body.

And not aim at the head. Even when not looking.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff Fridge Magnet Word Sets

That is all.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
welp

There goes my money.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

I hope it has "the selection has too many PRICES AND VAULES."

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Those are basically amazing.

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde
That set has a lot of gently caress in it.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hahaha, check out the uncut magnet sheet:

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
gently caress, Hussie might have gotten money out of me! :arghfist::sbahj:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I have to wonder where Homestuck would be without Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff.

Nowhere good, that's for sure.

And it's all thanks to that one guy and his terrible gaming webcomic.

Walliard
Dec 29, 2010

Oppan Windfall Style

Regy Rusty posted:

And it's all thanks to that one guy and his terrible gaming webcomic.

The thread, for reference.

It's still amazing.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.
Imagine never having to spell out SLUNT again :911:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Glory of Arioch posted:

Hahaha, check out the uncut magnet sheet:

Weird stonk and hideous cock definitely have some mileage as fridge magnets. Also a rainbow of gently caress and those RIIIIIIIIPPPEDD abs are magical.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
There's no way I was walking out of there without any less than three.

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT
I'm just glad to see I can spell out "gently caress BITCHES GET HIGH"

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Rasamune posted:

I'm just glad to see I can spell out "gently caress BITCHES GET HIGH"

Not to mention "DUBE YOU ARE BLOWING THIS FOXY ELELEPHANT rear end VENT OVER HERE JESUS"

finally

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

hey guys, signed volume 1 of homestuck is being given away in a raffle based on anyone who donates $6,12 at Desert Bus for Hope 6.

BlueInkAlchemist
Apr 17, 2012

"He's also known as 'BlueInkAlchemist'."
"Who calls him that?"
"Himself, mostly."

Yes, yes it is.

:sbahj:

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Good news, everybody! I'm going to put some rearrangements of my coloUrs and mayhem tracks on an EP that I should be ready to release by this coming January.

Also, a reminder that Land of Fans and Music 2 is slated for a release date of December 25, come hell or high water. It's gonna be way cooler than the first one.

Luminous Obscurity
Jan 10, 2007

"The instrument you know as a piano was once called a pianoforte, because it can play both loud and quiet notes."
We are through the looking glass, people. :stare:

FewtureMD
Dec 19, 2010

I am very powerful, of course.

:sbahj: This is uncomfortably meta, even for Homestuck.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
We have achieved peak meta.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ugh, a trackball? Seriously?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the hell is going onnnn :pwn:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Uh. What.

I...don't...what? :psyduck:

Critical meta has been reached.

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
Oh god.

Andrew Hussie was a machine all along.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I agree, what the hell is up with that mouse?

Gizmotinker
Oct 31, 2011

WILL COACH 4 RARES

Great at giving unsolicited bad advice in the Dota2 thread without having a public profile! You see, it's his shitty teammates that hold him back; he wouldn't want you thinking it's him.

His posts make it sound like he's playing a different game. Seriously.

FewtureMD posted:

:sbahj: This is uncomfortably meta, even for Homestuck.

Soon we'll be getting the same table and fourth-wall breaking CSS HTML5 magic that Prequel does.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I'm going to try to make sense of this.

There's a big tower, and a smaller but otherwise identically-shaped tower nearby. The smaller one is probably a model rather than a functional antenna. The screens on the smaller monitor have the same red and green icons that are decorating the nearby teletype.

The teletype is displaying the comic's narration, which is growing increasingly passive-aggressive toward Caliborn.

There's a power cord coming out of the tower that doesn't appear to be plugged into anything. The light at the top of the antenna is decorated with the mspaintadventures.com favicon.

Is the tower receiving or transmitting? Was Hussie recently here, narrating the story from a laptop plugged into the tower? Or was Gamzee the one using the power cord, and the tower is picking up his broadcasts from the author dimension?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

This narration is so much fun.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

It's going to be a while before we really come to understand what this drat thing is and why it's here and what Caliborn using it/destroying it means, I'm guessing. I mean obviously it's the narrator tool, sure, but unless we're well and truly discarding the fourth wall and allowing the story to dissolve into a slurry this thing still has to be here for a reason. Like some sort of super Exile station, maybe.

Maybe Caliborn will steal it, or captchalogue it, or alchemize it, or something. If he somehow gains its power it might explain why Doc Scratch was able to take control of the story from time to time.

Edit: Theory put forward: Most lights are red, a few green ones remain. Caliborn's confused thoughts reflect the remnants of Calliope in his mind?

Dolash fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Nov 20, 2012

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Is the trackball an 8-ball?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Caliborn/LE isn't just destroying the universes the comic takes place in.

He killed Hussie, and he's likely to destroy this machine too. He's destroying the comic itself.

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

They look like Christmas Trees. Has Gristmas come early this year?

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left
Well now I just don't know what to think.
Is Caliborn questioning the narration? Or is he questioning the narration that the narration put in place :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

In reference to recent downtimes, I think this might be... the MSPA server? I'm calling it The Server, anyway. Feels right and convenient. Anyway, The Server here is obviously going to let Caliborn jack the narrative entirely, if he doesn't destroy the keyboard out of spite first.

(Oh god, what if Caliborn starts loving around with Problem Sleuth, Jailbreak or Bard Quest first?)