Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you getting the Wii U?
This poll is closed.
Yes 9031 65.25%
No 1191 8.60%
Maybe 808 5.84%
I'm an idiot 460 3.32%
Waluigi 1603 11.58%
Waa 748 5.40%
Total: 13841 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Shadowgate
May 6, 2007

Soiled Meat

Supercar Gautier posted:

Is anyone else able to power off their console from a crash by holding the power button for a few seconds? That doesn't work on mine, and I feel like it ought to. The original Wii did it, as does just about any consumer electronic device.

I have to pull the power plug every time it crashes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tried my wii u on a standard def television just for kicks (being able to sit on my couch and possibly use this with other people would be nice though). Not really impressed with the forced 16:9 on the main menu. Microsoft can still figure out how to make console ui's that work fine in both aspect ratios, not sure why nintendo couldn't be arsed to just change the camera a little and add some white space to the channel menu, depending on orientation.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shadowgate posted:

The Nintendo tech forums are getting a bunch of people complaining as well as people posting in Miiverse. I thought I might have gotten a defective console, but after seeing all the reports, it sounds like it is probably a software issue that is affectig many people.
In a way it's kind of nice because we'll actually get to see just how quick The New Improved Nintendo is at patching their software when obvious problems surface. If they're not quick about it, then... WELP.

I got a lock-up too, in Donkey Kong.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

That game already exists - it's called Drawn to Life and it's by the same devs, even. (It's also not very good.)

Not exactly? You just draw in your own submarine whenever it asks you for a submarine, you don't use the dictionary idea that drives Scribblenauts. Actually you don't even draw most of the game to life from my recollection, you just fill in colors on preset stuff most of the time. DTL also has a weird, melodramatic, Super Paper Mario-esque plot. I don't know why I still own that game.

I would love for a more open Scribblenauts experience where you just progress through levels using whatever you come up with, with the occasional puzzle level. But as it stands I do like the games and Unlimited seems to push it more towards what I'd like for it to do--the story about random animals being scared of your character because it accidentally became a werewolf is exactly what I want out of Scribblenauts.

Nickoten
Oct 16, 2005

Now there'll be some quiet in this town.
Honestly, if they just remade the original Scribblenauts, added in the new controls, object editor, and adjective gameplay, and added in some new action levels, I'd have exactly the game I wanted the first go-round. It feels like they keep getting farther and farther from what made the original premise interesting to me (Using imagination to get through obstacle courses and solve seemingly impossible situations).

Vinchenz
Jul 13, 2012

But trust me, I know that I'm the worst bastard here.
Whew, finally caught up to this thread. It's exploded like crazy since launch.

I'm loving my WiiU and have had 0 problems with it. I'd love to add people but there's like 100 people in that NNID thread so I'll just wait for Monster Hunter or something.

Also, transfered my Wii stuff to WiiU. Did an NAND backup. Have all my stuff on both systems. :smug:

I really can't believe that Nintendo didn't do some kind of check for that. Was semi-hoping for HBC to transfer too but I knew it wouldn't.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Smash Stack still works on Wii U, allegedly.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Robolizard! posted:

Tried my wii u on a standard def television just for kicks (being able to sit on my couch and possibly use this with other people would be nice though). Not really impressed with the forced 16:9 on the main menu. Microsoft can still figure out how to make console ui's that work fine in both aspect ratios, not sure why nintendo couldn't be arsed to just change the camera a little and add some white space to the channel menu, depending on orientation.

For the same reason that computers don't come with floppy drives anymore.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

For the same reason that computers don't come with floppy drives anymore.

Well, that's a shame then that in just one product update Nintendo went from "who needs HD?" to "who doesn't have HD?". I mean, why support a TV standard sold in the past few years? Everyone knows Nintendo is always on the bleeding edge of technology!

I bet the PS4/Xbox720 support 4:3.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

What do you mean I can't YEAH! my own posts! gently caress you Nintendo this system is bullshit :argh:

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
After my first day with the U, no problems so far. The update took a while but there's been no lock ups or freezes or unresponsiveness. My only complaint is some menu options take about five seconds longer than they should.

I think it's probably suffering from variable build quality, and I seem to have gotten one of the good ones. Hopefully no problems arise today.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Xenomorph posted:

Well, that's a shame then that in just one product update Nintendo went from "who needs HD?" to "who doesn't have HD?". I mean, why support a TV standard sold in the past few years? Everyone knows Nintendo is always on the bleeding edge of technology!

I guess given the choice I'd always rater have a system support something than not support something but I can't see this as an issue. Hell there were games not too too far off of the launch of the 360 that effectively didn't support SD. I tried playing Dead Rising 1 on an SDTV when it came out and it was completely illegible.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I'm really torn between whether I should pick up a Wii U. I mean, I definitely will eventually, I just don't know if I should get one right away.
On the one hand, there isn't too much to play, on the other, it's not like I buy five games at once anyway.
On the one hand, I have to gear up for all sorts of tests during December, on the other, I'd finally have a way to play all my Wii games at my dorm.
On the one hand, I don't even have a certain method to play the drat thing (I think I can hook it up to my monitor, but I don't know for sure, on the other, my birthday is like right after launch.
I don't even know if Nintendoland and New Super Mario Bros U will be enough to keep my attention for a while, but it might be a good thing if it doesn't. Gives me more time to study.

Can I even hook up a console to my computer monitor via HDMI? Or do I need one of those convertor dohickeys?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

horriblePencilist posted:

Can I even hook up a console to my computer monitor via HDMI? Or do I need one of those convertor dohickeys?

Yes you can hook them up to any 1080P display that takes HDMI. I use a Samsung monitor in my office or my TV depending on if I want to play with the tv on (partner monopolizes tv so it's hard to get to play games on it.)

Just check your monitor settings and see if it has different "display modes" for HDTV. I had scaling issues on both my TV & monitor and had to set the TV to "HDMI 2" for display size and PC to "PC mode" so that they wouldn't do any overscanning which clipped the screen off.

Edit: even if your pc has no speakers it could still be HDCP compatible. Mine does not but has an optical audio out which I feed into my iMac via toslink cable.

VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

skywalker6705
Mar 16, 2006

"I can't fit my meat into my new shorts!"

I'm really torn between whether I should pick up a Wii U. I mean, I definitely will eventually, I just don't know if I should get one right away.
On the one hand, there isn't too much to play, on the other, it's not like I buy five games at once anyway.
On the one hand, I have to gear up for all sorts of tests during December, on the other, I'd finally have a way to play all my Wii games at my dorm.
On the one hand, I don't even have a certain method to play the drat thing (I think I can hook it up to my monitor, but I don't know for sure, on the other, my birthday is like right after launch.
I don't even know if Nintendoland and New Super Mario Bros U will be enough to keep my attention for a while, but it might be a good thing if it doesn't. Gives me more time to study.

If the monitor supports HDCP you totally can. But apparently the Wii does Video and sound over HDMI, or not at all. So if your monitor has no speakers, you might want to hold off for now since it doesn't appear to do separate audio out.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The last few years of Wii games I played almost always left out 4:3 mode, so at least the letterboxed OS will prepare the SD folks for the games that'll never fill the screen.

I'm still sort of pissed at the Wii games cause now I have that system living on a CRT where they'd actually look great unletterboxed.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I'm contemplating getting a Wii U, but right now none of the launch titles interest me.

What are the odds the Deluxe edition will still be available in give or take a month.

Not Christmas time but more of halfway through December. Ahahahaha who am I kidding.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
So Policenaut asked me to post a review for Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper and I can't find the Orochi 3 thread so I'll post it here.

Overall graphics are alright, there is some slight slow down but that's expected with any Dynasty Warriors-type game. Sometimes you just get into situations with way too many enemies on screen and poo poo happens. Overall it is enjoyable and I've put about 8 hours into it and am happy with it. There are two modes you can use on the game pad - partial sync and full sync. Partial sync makes it so all the cut scenes/text scenes show on both the tv and game pad but while you are in town it turns into a "shortcut" menu that will directly take you to any of the 4 locations within the town so you don't have to run around. While in battle it turns into the same kind of map you have on the pause screen but as far as I can tell there's no way to zoom on it so it's kind of useless. I rarely look down at it while playing. Full sync obviously every portion is on both screens, which is nice if you want to play the game without your tv.

Controls work great, you can use a pro pad or the game pad or a classic controller attached to a wiimote. The game also has the ability to set the game pad screen as the second player's screen so that you do not have to play in split screen which is nice alas none of my friends like video games so I cannot comment on the quality of this.

Online gameplay I'd love to comment on, but I've yet to actually run into anyone online. Every time I try to start a match there is nobody to play with :saddowns:. One thing I do find shocking is this includes online gameplay which is much nicer than Vita's bastardized "online" gameplay - "TOUCH SCREEN INFINITY BLADE DUELING ONLINE CHARS THAT ARE NOT REALLY THERE"

Gameplay itself is like what you would expect of a DW game, but more absurd as they have so many characters in the line up that you pretty much just have to accept the story is going to be completely bonkers. How the hell would you tie in Ryu Hayabusa into the DW environment? It starts off as the evil god Orochi came about and destroyed the universes/time/whatever. A mystic comes and saves 3 companions to travel through time to build up an army to go and destroy Orochi. I'm still in Chapter 2 so I can't comment on the complete story but so far it seems pretty on-par for this style of game.

There are bonds you can grind between players to unlock special missions to unlock other characters. I have yet to do this as per normal DW standards, this will take loving forever. I'll do it next year once game season dies off and I am bored. The dueling card battle system I haven't touched yet because honestly there is a *lot* of poo poo in this game. If you're one who likes DW-type gameplay and want a grindfest of different things to do this is a pretty decent game. Unfortunately I have not been able to pursue Lu Bu yet (I will pursue Lu Bu.)

Now one thing I do have to mention, I haven't played a DW/SW game since around Dynasty Warriors 4 or 5 so these are kind of like reliving something I liked years ago, but way more polished and fun. I also played the Vita version which while it scratched that DW itch I yearned for the game was overridden with god-awful Vita minigames that really detracted from the PURSUE OFFICER: BEAT poo poo OUT OF OFFICER "YOU HAVE REACHED A NEW LEVEL OF BRILLIANCE!" that I like about DW. If I had to choose between DW vita or this game I would say this is by far a better game. As for comparing to PS3/360 ports? I'm not sure as I never tried them. I didn't even know Warriors Orochi was related to DW at all and had ignored the series.

Overall I'd rate this game a 7.8 or 8. Granted my score is inflated a bit because gently caress ya Lu Bu. I'd say game sites will probably give this a 7.5. Really the only thing that detracts from this is the frame rate drops and the fact that I'm alone and nobody plays it online. I doubt there will ever be an online community for this because it seems distribution of this game to stores was very minimal. All I'm hearing is Gamestop is the only place that stocked it and most got 1 or 2 copies.

Edit: just gave duel mode a whirl versus the cpu. It's different than I thought it was. I was under the impression it's a card battle but that isn't the case. You select a team of 3 players to fight street fighter style versus an oponent. You pick 4 cards which are tied to your directional buttons. As you get battle points you can use these. Think of them like special levels or whatever in MvC. Push button, if it lands you get the reward. Kinda different and would be pretty fun if people actually played it online.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Nov 20, 2012

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
I'm looking forward to the eventual comparisons between the load times of retail disc games and digital downloads. The difference should be fairly big, since XBox/PS3 games get a noticeable boost on standard hard drives and this has an SSD.

I still don't understand why they decided not to let us install games from the disc, with a disc check when each game launches. It's such a convenient feature that seemed like a no-brainer. With any luck they'll patch in support for the option in the future.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I wonder if Nintendo is even letting devs give the option of installing some amount of game data.
I think my PS3 Tekken Tag 2 had the install option in the options menu. Anyone know if the Wii U has one?

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

The hard lock ups eventually led to the death of my Wii U so good luck with that everyone :)

Nintendo is sending me a new one in 6 days...supposedly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Did you have any money or purchases on your account? Did they ask in relation to a restore?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

FRAZZLED JOHNSON posted:

ZombiU is actually sounding pretty good. I didn't preorder it (not sure that preordering games is necessary anyway,) but I'm probably going to pick it up when the system launches.

Anyone here have any impressions of the game?

Didn't see anyone post any so here I go. I bought the game last night and played it for an hour or so.

ZombiU is not a shooter, it's a survival game. You spawn in the London Underground with a strange voice in your ear telling you what to do. Zombies are slow but extremely strong--a few of my deaths so far have been to single zombies. Any time you do anything with items, be it looting, using items, reorganizing your backpack or whatever, you are vulnerable. Not only that, you have to take your eyes off the screen and down to the pad to do that. Ammo is extremely limited and the cricket bat you have takes 4-5 swings to bring down a single zombie. Combat is clunky and difficult, and you'll die a lot if you get even slightly overwhelmed. Each time you die your first task is to hunt down your last guy to get your stuff back, but if you fail, your stuff is gone.

Fortunately you've got a few good things. You have a flashlight which has a limited battery, but recharges quickly. The pad itself serves as radar, which lets you see where nearby zombies are and scan points of interest. So long as you move slowly and plan ahead, you're going to be able to make it through more difficult areas. It's a game of meticulous planning and caution, and it's incredibly tense since at any moment you could be overwhelmed. Zombies are actually scary and not cannon fodder like in Left 4 Dead.

I can see why a lot of reviewers didn't like it, because if you're expecting a high-adrenaline zombie shooter you're going to be sorely disappointed. However, if you're looking for a game that's really about surviving a zombie apocalypse and not mowing down waves of the undead, then you really need to play it.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Shadowgate posted:

I have to pull the power plug every time it crashes.

That's pretty hosed up to see in this day and age.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

The hard lock ups eventually led to the death of my Wii U so good luck with that everyone :)

I'm going to take a random guess that the heat sink was either misaligned in construction or during shipping. These hard locks all sound like overheating issues, and I know this thing runs hot.

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.

Xenomorph posted:

Well it does support SD insofar as it correctly letterboxes the display and generates a composite signal.

It seems like the decision was made to only support widescreen modes due to the gamepad being inherently widescreen with the ability to swap the screens at will in some parts of the system.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Are they sending you a system and then you send your defective system back (i.e. in the same box that your replacement system comes in) or have you already sent back the defective system?

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
Finally got to play my Wii U last night and I'm absolutely floored with it so far. I got Mario, Scribblenauts, and Nintendo Land, which have all been a bunch of fun. I just can't wait for some of Nintendos best franchises to come out on HD and REALLY hope they're smart and use the eShop for some epic HD re-makes.

Right now I'm headed to work and already know this day is going to crawl by while I wait to get home and play some more. I'm crossing my fingers not to run into these hard lock issues and feel for the people that are running into those issues.

Edit: Oh ya, add me goons! InFlames235 is my ID

TealShark
Mar 22, 2004

I shall duck behind that little garbage car.
I was lucky enough to get a Wii U with a defective drive, which I discovered only after having signed up for a Nintendo ID and transferring over my Wii stuff. I couldn't have been happier to have made a NAND backup of my Wii.

The courier depot Nintendo had me drop it off at said this was the third one sent out today for repair in a small city (Fredericton); I dropped mine off only an hour after the depot's opening.

Zuph
Jul 24, 2003
Zupht0r 6000 Turbo Type-R
My girlfriend was lucky enough to nab one against all odds yesterday.

Haven't had much time to play, but it looks like Nintendo has provided a stunning reference implementation of how second-screen gaming should work in the next generation of consoles. Whether they can convert that into good will among third-parties is yet to be seen, but this thing is sure to be boatloads of fun in the coming years.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I got my WiiU yesterday and got it all updated and what not. I think it took about 30 to 40 minutes to download the update and another 20 to get my stuff from the Wii over to the WiiU. Holy poo poo this system is everything I wished the Wii was. The Miiverse is incredible. I love making really crappy drawings and seeing all the comments that spawn off of my bad drawing skills. Everyone really liked my awful Pikmin drawing in Nintendo Land! :3:

Speaking of Pikmin, that might be the best game in Nintendo Land. I've never played a Pikmin game ever but god drat is it fun. I may be getting Pikmin 3 when it comes out now that I know what the gameplay is like. If Nintendo made all these mini-games to try and push people into first-party franchises they didn't know then I think they're doing their job well.

Also, even the "crappy" minigames are really fun. Octopus Dance, despite being a basic follow-the-leader rhythm game had me smiling a lot. Oh and I knew I was smiling because they had the gamepad camera showing your face on the screen. That was nice and also a bit weird.

I'm really, really bad at the Donkey Kong rolling cart game. I died on the first level, so much for being an "advanced" gamer :saddowns: Hopefully this means things will be challenging even when I get a better grasp on the controls. For now I'll just keep playing badly and making funny pictures for Miiverse.

If you got a basic system go and buy Nintendo Land. I think it's definitely worth the money, which is not at all what I expected given the reviews and my own experience with pack-in games like Wii Sports. Don't get me wrong, Wii Sports is/was a very good game but after a while the only game that held any interest was bowling and once I was getting 300s every round...yeah. Not so much long-term fun. I'll hopefully be trying out the multiplayer games in Nintendo Land with my roommates tonight.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is an amazing cart racer. Seriously. I can't believe the first game I played on a new Nintendo system was a Sega game though. What a strange world we live in. The courses are very open and pretty, the AI is good but doesn't seem to cheat and the controls feel right. When you throw in that it's only $40, it's a definite must-buy. It's also giving me a bit of a flash-back to F-Zero with how fast and how open its courses are. Can we please get F-Zero: U? F-Zero GT (or was it GX?) was so unbearably hard it kind of ruined the game for me. I'd love to see what a new F-Zero game looked like in HD too.

New Super Mario Bros: U has been alright so far. I'm seeing everyone in the thread for it giving it rave reviews and I've barely scratched the surface, so I'm sure things start to pick up after World 1. As it is, World 1 actually has challenge and the boss fights are interesting. Challenge Mode is also a pretty neat feature. Oh and my roommates and I have already started "accidentally" killing each other, so it's just as much a success on that front as the original Wii game. Boost Mode has been helpful and harmful so I can see a lot of opportunity for good times with that.

The game community seems a lot friendlier than what I've seen on XBL/PSN but that might be because it was Day 2 of a console launch. Or it might be because Nintendo is heavily moderating Miiverse. I can't quite tell yet. It is extremely nice not to have people yelling and screaming and freaking out about video games though. All the posts are either really cool/bad drawings or people saying how much they're enjoying their games. It's so friendly, I love it! :3: That might change when there's a game with voice chat though, but hey no need to not enjoy having a nice experience playing with other people right now.

One last thing, I noticed I ended up getting my WiiU on the 6 year anniversary of the Wii's launch to the day. That was pretty neat. My parents will be getting my old Wii so I think it's still got a lot of life left. They might be more excited for that than I was for the WiiU.

Anyway, if you're on the fence about getting the system I'd say get it. Sonic Racing, NSMB:U, and Nintendo Land are all very, very solid games. Plus we have Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter coming out soon. It definitely was worth my $450 ($350+$60+$40).

axeil fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 20, 2012

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007
This browser rocks.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

So my WiiU did that loud beep freeze thing last night. I unplugged the cord, restarted everything and now it works fine. Is this a sign of bad things to come or a hiccup until another firmware update? :ohdear:

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

RE: WII U death

I bought that one shooter game on the e-shop. Nintendo assured me that they would transfer my account onto a new console. I have to send Nintendo my Wii U to them first, then they send me the replacement. I'll let ya'll know how it goes.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose
Scribblenauts Unlimited is 49.99 on Amazon currently, down from 59.99.

Picking it up with the $20 promotional credit I got thanks to my seemingly delayed Persona 4 Golden Special Edition order.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002I0H0K8/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1353423814&sr=8-2&pi=SL75

Stealthed Zombie fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Nov 20, 2012

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Nintendo assured me that they would transfer my account onto a new console.

That's a relief.
Anyone know if they only do this for the year's warranty? If they offered an extended plan I'd scoop that poo poo.
I'd like to go all digital, but not while you can't reclaim anything when your unit borks after a year.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Nov 20, 2012

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

axeil posted:

Speaking of Pikmin, that might be the best game in Nintendo Land. I've never played a Pikmin game ever but god drat is it fun. I may be getting Pikmin 3 when it comes out now that I know what the gameplay is like.

If you've never played pikmin before, definitely buy pikmin 3. They are ridiculously fun games with a sense of humor as well.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

skywalker6705 posted:

If the monitor supports HDCP you totally can. But apparently the Wii does Video and sound over HDMI, or not at all. So if your monitor has no speakers, you might want to hold off for now since it doesn't appear to do separate audio out.

Thanks for the info. I didn't even consider Audio; I knew that the Wii didn't even have the hardware for a digital audio output, but it never occured to me this would be a problem. My monitor doesn't have speakers, but doesn't the Gamepad have a headphone jack?

Edit: I'm checking out some TVs right now. Any recommendations? I'll most likely be 2-8 feet away from the screen, so what sizes do you think would be appropriate?

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Nov 20, 2012

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Edit: I'm checking out some TVs right now. Any recommendations? I'll most likely be 2-8 feet away from the screen, so what sizes do you think would be appropriate?

For that short a distance, a 24 inch screen would be more than adequate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skywalker6705
Mar 16, 2006

"I can't fit my meat into my new shorts!"

Thanks for the info. I didn't even consider Audio; I knew that the Wii didn't even have the hardware for a digital audio output, but it never occured to me this would be a problem. My monitor doesn't have speakers, but doesn't the Gamepad have a headphone jack?

It does (I forgot that). You'll have to check with someone who bought it already though for if it works to mirror ALL system audio of just some/most. Either way, good luck on getting it setup. I loved my monitor, but it didn't do HDCP or HDMI, so I had a fun time converting Component to VGA via adapters for years. Haha.

• Locked thread