Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instant Jellyfish
Jul 3, 2007

Actually not a fish.

wtftastic posted:

Have any of our animals actually...behaved in the last week? I mean in some way that would mitigate the insane degree of collective badness we're seeing here?

Major has been a perfect angel all week :colbert: (oh god what is he going to destroy now)

Dennis the sheep on the other hand was a total rear end in a top hat and I ended up having to knock him down and stand on him while I finished repairing the barrier he busted down yet again so he would stop trying to butt me. I'm going to have so many paternity issues this spring it's going to take Jerry Springer to sort them out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

wtftastic posted:

Have any of our animals actually...behaved in the last week? I mean in some way that would mitigate the insane degree of collective badness we're seeing here?

Husker has actually been totally good, and has helped keep the crazy puppy entertained so he doesn't destroy everything in sight. No attempts at getting into the trash can, no food thieving, none of his usual small vices. But it definitely doesn't make up for all the insanity.

If I didn't know they were playing, the faces Husker has been making would be utterly terrifying. Lips back, eyes narrowed, snarling like a mad thing...and having a blast.

I went to Petco today and picked up a couple of bags of the Merrick grain-free kibble. I got two different flavors, pork and bison. The Merrick is cheaper than the CORE and has a higher protein content, and the recommended amount is smaller. I mixed the bison flavor half and half with his old food tonight and he was much more interested in his dinner than he has been lately.

The entire store was crawling with employees setting up for Black Friday. I felt a little bad because I wanted to talk to one employee there who feeds all her dogs Merrick, and I could tell she had a lot to do but she stopped and chatted with me for quite a while. If Husker continues to eat it with enthusiasm and does well on it, I think I've found my new dog food. That was surprisingly painless!

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Why does everything STILL smell like pussy?

My bird has been eating more and more of her pellets, and that's about as well-behaved as a bird gets.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
Max and Pistol eat the bison flavor of Merrick and they love it. My boyfriend told me he was ordering them the turducken flavor this time, apparently this means he wants to mix the chicken and duck flavors together because it's Thanksgiving :doh: (he orders them bags of food off of Amazon and has them sent here while he's gone as his "child support")

Max was a very good boy in his agility class last night, his instructors all love him and were remarking on how fast he's been learning and how well he does everything. We just have to get through the next two class levels and I can start taking him to competitions in the spring next year :) So not all the doggies were bad doggies. Just more than most.

Neena
May 11, 2007

No male will ever handle my massive CoX!
Wait, I meant boobs! Wait!
FISTS, Shit!

Neena posted:

Yeah no kidding, those Ritter marzipan bars are loving delicious. Dogs. :mad:

(Glad Major is okay though :3:)

wtftastic posted:

Hopefully the worst he gets is a case of the shits (and I don't even have to clean it up)! Its either Ritter Sport Marzipan or Luebecker. Luebecker is much more expensive though.

Jesus, I only just now realized I used the completely wrong name in that post. :doh: Getting my cattledogs mixed up, apparently...

And Savannah's been pretty good this week, other than being a little whiny in the mornings. Of course now having said that, she is going to gobble up something completely inappropriate and usher in Thanksgiving Poopocalypse while my boyfriend's mom is staying with us.

Superconsndar posted:

Okay I gotta hop on the Bad Dog bandwagon too. Today I let Moses in from outside and he matter-of-factly marched to the puppies room, where the puppy was sleeping in his crate, lifted his leg, and PEED THROUGH THE BARS on to him. Left, jumped on my bed, acted like he was totally justified and didn't want to hear it when I was like "WHAT THE gently caress." Just glared at me like I was a giant turd and started gazing through the window, looking for cats.

Can't stop laughing at this. I love Moses, what a shitlord.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Neena posted:

Jesus, I only just now realized I used the completely wrong name in that post. :doh: Getting my cattledogs mixed up, apparently...

And Savannah's been pretty good this week, other than being a little whiny in the mornings. Of course now having said that, she is going to gobble up something completely inappropriate and usher in Thanksgiving Poopocalypse while my boyfriend's mom is staying with us.

Can't stop laughing at this. I love Moses, what a shitlord.

Haha that's okay- there are quite a few on here, so I totally understood what you meant.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Yesterday an old man called to me when I was playing fetch with Lola. I thought he was going to shout at me about how much noise she was making, but he said that he and his wife get lots of enjoyment out of watching her play fetch/football. We chatted dogs for a few minutes and it was all very :3:

Lola was a very good girl and didn't bark at him, either! Earlier this week she did crap on the floor though so she's been a Bad Dog lately, too.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

My dogs have been loving angelic recently. Our walks have been fantastic. Both of them have been recalling on a dime, so we've been spending lots of time walking in a small patch of woods nearby my house, or along the boardwalk by the lake. I felt like a hotshot trainer and was hugely impressed by how good they've been.

Then, two days ago, both dogs found a discarded baguette in the woods. Cohen is off like a shot towards it. She starts chowing down on something up a hill. I get off the trail to stop her, and she keeps a good 15 foot buffer from me while she wolfs down her prize. I need to pretend I'm not frustrated 'cause if Cohen thinks I'm mad she'll never let me catch up. Eventually I catch her after she's finished her chunk of food. I turn around and there Mega is, chowing down on the original pile of bread. Little fucker. I leash Cohen to a nearby tree to go get the tinydog. Luckily Mega is less of an rear end in a top hat, so an angry voice got her to freeze and I was able to pick her up. Now I'm worried about WHY there's a baguette sitting in the middle of the woods. There was a dead raccoon about 20 feet away. I'm worried that someone's laced it with something and now my dogs are as good as dead.

Turns out they're fine. They're just not as angelic as I originally thought. I don't feel like such a hotshot trainer anymore. Dogs. :(

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Max and Pistol eat the bison flavor of Merrick and they love it. My boyfriend told me he was ordering them the turducken flavor this time, apparently this means he wants to mix the chicken and duck flavors together because it's Thanksgiving :doh: (he orders them bags of food off of Amazon and has them sent here while he's gone as his "child support")

They do make a turducken flavor, no mixing required. My sister gets it for Murphy sometimes and she loves it.

I realized when I was putting stuff away that I accidentally bought a couple of cans of turkey flavored Merrick BC wet for the cats. Last time I offered them turkey flavor they turned up their noses. I'm too lazy to take it back, so it will probably end up getting fed to the dog and the rats. Or maybe I'll offer it to them on Thanksgiving and see if they get in the holiday spirit.

Kiri koli
Jun 20, 2005
Also, I can kill you with my brain.

wtftastic posted:

Psyche's been pretty good this week. She voluntarily turned away from these two huge, adorable huskies that always stare at us on our walks (but they don't make any sound, so I wasn't sure she even noticed them until she looked right at them and then turned away) and just now she looked at our neighbor standing outside and deliberately turned to follow me rather than her usual barking.

It's like bizarro world. We'll see how she does in our training session later.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I stayed up super late last night, which is awesome because I've been waking up at stupid o clock in the morning. Apparently Ires noticed this too, because I woke up to a cold, wet nose pressed firmly against mine. Ears back, her whole rear end wagging violently back and forth, eyes HUGE staring up at me.

For some reason it made me jump, which meant that it was playtime and she rocketed all over the room, jumped on Amy and then they rocketed around the room together.

:3: Puppy alarm clock, you guys.

Nione
Jun 3, 2006

Welcome to Trophy Island
Rub my tummy
It's cold, so I now have a lot of purry fluffy bedfellows.

I was trying to read a book, Iggy, why are you 4 inches away from my face.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

The only thing that Sadie did bad(ly) this week was hide.

Oh girl, maybe one day you will get it right.

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
I LOVE SADIE. Requesting more pics of those magnificent whiskers.

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

Sadie is great and reminds me a great deal of a cat my parents used to have that was probably the most ill-tempered creature I've ever known. It's nice to know that she has a good doppelganger out there somewhere.

I also feel the need to randomly profess my love and affection for my Jackie-cat, apropos of nothing, because she is just awesome :3: She has adopted a very specific schedule lately, and this involves spending several early-morning hours sleeping in the base of my sleeping-bag with me, curled up around one of my legs. She totally loves it in there, but the funniest thing is when she gets out - it's like she has been transformed into a warm liquid cat substance. It's also the only time she'll really let me pick her up and cradle her like a baby without objecting and squirming out of my grasp within 5 seconds. Jackieeeeee~ :3:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Rufus En Fuego posted:

I LOVE SADIE. Requesting more pics of those magnificent whiskers.

I tried but she wasn't being very cooperative because she didn't want to be distracted from HER JOB.

:v: - Sadie, someone wants pictures.

:3: - Can't now, birds need to be stared at.

:v: - Please? It will only take a moment.

:3: Seriously?

:3: - But, but... they are eating the food you foolishly left out!

:v: - Look what I have...

:3: - Sweet Mother of God....

:3: - BRUSHINGS

Bonus picture of what she does when I sit in bed and read:

Rufus En Fuego
Oct 19, 2011

HOUSE BARK

"Winter is Potato"
Ugh, wanna zerbert that belly and play with those whiskers SO HARD. :3: Thanks for making my morning.

I completely forgot, but thanks to WolfensteinBag, Greycious and The Big Whoop, Bridget was groomed and looks fabulous! It turns out the groomer I chose rescues and shows standard poodles, so we were in good hands. I would have taken pictures but the groomer stuck her finger up Bridget's butthole and the poor little thing was itchy, so as soon as we hit the parking lot she dragged her rear end all the way to the car and turned her entire backside black.

Win some, lose some.

Rufus En Fuego fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Nov 21, 2012

Carebear
Apr 16, 2003

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno you will won't.
Sam is getting his leg taken off today after complications with an IV catheter, just a day after he's recovered from heart failure pending a herpes virus. The past few days have been emotional.

Quoting my original post for clarity.

quote:

Anyone ever hear of a cat losing its leg because of tight bandaging on an iv catheter?

My moms cat (a fat sphynx thing) had conjunctivitis from a herpes virus, a fever up to 106, some anorexia, and lethargy. He looked fine Friday, but bloods showed that his liver wasn't happy but not to the point of fatty liver disease. We set him up on fluids, and I put potassium, dex, and b comp in the LRS bag, and he got injections of ampicillin, pepsid, baytril, and b12. I didn't have to force feed as expected, he loved the a/d.

Saturday he had to be forcefed, but his temp was gone. Sunday, his leg with the iv was swollen and bluish purple, and color got a little better when the catheter was taken out and the leg massaged.

Even more concerning, He was breathing shallow, X-rays showed pulmonary edema so my coworkers put him in the oxygen tank until my mom arrived and they transferred him to a 24 hour ER place. His toe apparently fell off while there and they were super concerned about the leg. He's too unstable so they have him in ICU right now.

I really don't know what to make of all this, my coworkers (who I trust!) said they didn't think the leg was that bad.

My coworkers all agree that Sam's IV catheter was running fine when they left for the night (Saturday around 4pm) and when it was unwrapped on Sunday, the wrapping was confirmed to NOT be tight. The leg, however, looks awful. I'm posting linked images for the gross factor:

This is the leg on Monday:
Slight :nms:
http://s16.postimage.org/nesh40wrp/Foot_Monday.jpg

This is the leg yesterday:
Slight :nms:
http://s16.postimage.org/ttri0p3hh/Foot_Tues.jpg
http://s16.postimage.org/9no01t7tx/Foot_Tues2.jpg
http://s16.postimage.org/enlg9rdgl/Foot_Tues3.jpg

Here's Sam on Monday (thumbnail for :nms:)

The skin is now sloughing off and the doctor said the black parts are necrotic tissue. The leg is coming off soon. My mom is very concerned about him living on 3 legs, but we all did our best to ensure her that he would be fine. My sister actually has a 3-legged cat!

This is what the doctors think happened - Sam had herpes virus but with a high fever of 106, they wonder if he had an infection somewhere in his body as well. The heart failure and leg were both iatrogenic - we know circulatory overload happened after receiving fluids at my hospital because an echocardiogram revealed that he has hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. He is now out of heart failure and out of the oxygen tank after his lungs were finally cleared as of last night.

However, there are some complications... He was not eating but they could not put a feeding tube in because his coagulation factors weren't good. After they gave him vitamin K, he was looking better so he got a feeding tube and his bloods are improving. He had a seizure Tuesday morning - they still do not know why. He was given valium right away and ate shortly after, and hasn't since.

An abdominal ultrasound also revealed an enlarged left adrenal gland (I forgot their theory on why) as well as stuff in the bladder (possibly blood or bacteria).

And as for the leg - I still cannot figure out how it happened. I think that the new hospital is convinced it was from something that went on at my hospital. Sam was potentially left alone from 5pm Sat to around 9am on Sunday. Is that enough time for his leg to be in such horrible condition? The doctor's comment that the "toes were falling off" was a bit misleading, because they aren't (my mom thought they were literally falling off :cry:) - the skin is just sloughing.

Either way, the hospital bill is going to be nearly $10 thousand. My mom does not have that kind of money. I've been scraping my bank account dry every month so I can't help her, but I feel somewhat responsible for what has happened. Is starting a fundraiser online a good or a bad idea? Has anyone ever tried this before and have any ideas? My mom has medical conditions herself and he's practically therapy for her so this is incredibly rough for her to go through. I love my mom, and Sam (his name) is a wonderful cat.

What if he dies anyway? Its going to suck so much. He has amazing doctors and nurses taking care of him, but I'm still scared :(

Here he was yesterday:
(Thumbnail for :nms:)

^You can't really see it, but he has crazy swelling and bruising where the new hospital took blood from on his back leg.

Well, good luck Sam! They gave him 50% survival chance.

Carebear fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Nov 21, 2012

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Rufus En Fuego posted:

Ugh, wanna zerbert that belly and play with those whiskers SO HARD. :3: Thanks for making my morning.

I completely forgot, but thanks to WolfensteinBag, Greycious and The Big Whoop, Bridget was groomed and looks fabulous! It turns out the groomer I chose rescues and shows standard poodles, so we were in good hands. I would have taken pictures but the groomer stuck her finger up Bridget's butthole and the poor little thing was itchy, so as soon as we hit the parking lot she dragged her rear end all the way to the car and turned her entire backside black.

Win some, lose some.

:stare: There's itchy buttholes, and then there's really itchy buttholes I guess.

Rixatrix
Aug 5, 2006

The puppy was really loving excellent in class on Monday: http://youtu.be/R2EVYSsZ1ds (also look at all that leg, he's going to be huge!)

Tonight I've picked him up from the kitchen table like five times and once he fell down all by himself. Yesterday Pi ate a cup of chili that came with some Chinese take out. Apparently he liked it, because the cup was licked clean. drat dogs.

Edit. Carebear, I'm so sorry. That leg very much looks like it has to go (to my non-veterinarian eye). I'm hoping for the best.

Rixatrix fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 21, 2012

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

Carebare, I'm so sorry man that's horrible! :(

If it helps, cats can live perfectly fine, happy lives as a tripod. I mean they mainly just turn into catloaves and stare at things all day. It'll be an adjustment, but the cat should be okay.

Feldman has been OKAY I guess, but his new thing is that he loves the insert in my mom's shoe. Like he'll dig it out and try to chew on it. Dog it's a gross shoe insert why?

Also he's been a butt on walks lately. If we're going a way he doesn't want to go, he'll just stop and I have to drag him by the leash until he walks again. :argh:

Fat Dio
Feb 27, 2010

My useless fatty fat cat snuck a chicken bone out of the garbage before we'd taken it outside and DIDN'T die or cost us thousands in vet bills. Hooray!

She's fun to dress up/humiliate.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Rufus En Fuego posted:

She would totally be cool with whisker and chin rubs but the belly raspberry would not be a good idea. It is tempting, but trust me on this one if you value your face. If you let your hand get too far she'll mouth your finger in a warning but a good full-face *bvvvvvVVVVVTTTTTTTTT* wouldn't get you that kinda of leniency. You just have to admire from afar.

Carebear posted:

Sam is getting his leg taken off today after complications with an IV catheter, just a day after he's recovered from heart failure pending a herpes virus. The past few days have been emotional.

Either way, the hospital bill is going to be nearly $10 thousand.

Poor Sam, I hope he continues to recover.

My friends had a cat run up a similar vet bill and the vet was very accommodating to work out a really fair payment plan, and even wrote down a sizable amount of the bill. They call Trot the littlest car they never bought and occasionally remind him that he needs to get a job to bring in some :10bux:.

Pile of Kittens
Apr 23, 2005

Listen, I know this isn't a games thread, but you guys have to see this.

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pile of Kittens posted:

Listen, I know this isn't a games thread, but you guys have to see this.

http://features.peta.org/pokemon-black-and-white-parody/

http://features.peta.org/CookingMama/

That one's really good too. And by good I mean laughably horrible.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
If synchronized sleeping was a sport Max and Pistol would be pro athletes. Gotta work on the leg position a bit for maximum synchronization.

Problem! fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Nov 21, 2012

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax

Bash Ironfist posted:

Carebare, I'm so sorry man that's horrible! :(

If it helps, cats can live perfectly fine, happy lives as a tripod. I mean they mainly just turn into catloaves and stare at things all day. It'll be an adjustment, but the cat should be okay.

Feldman has been OKAY I guess, but his new thing is that he loves the insert in my mom's shoe. Like he'll dig it out and try to chew on it. Dog it's a gross shoe insert why?

Also he's been a butt on walks lately. If we're going a way he doesn't want to go, he'll just stop and I have to drag him by the leash until he walks again. :argh:

Vecna does the shot insert thing too except he doesn't ever chew on them. He just places them in under the coffee table and in front of the bedroom door :downs: He also seems to be getting in on the week of all dogs being terrible. Apparently it's fight with every teenaged boy dog week! Hooray :downsgun:

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:
How many of you brush your pet's teeth? I'm a big stickler for good dental health in pets and I try to brush Ollie's teeth at least twice a week. He hates it, even with the chicken flavored tooth paste! I have no clue if it's even making a difference, but I refuse to let my cat's teeth rot out of it's head when it's almost preventable.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Shnooks posted:

How many of you brush your pet's teeth? I'm a big stickler for good dental health in pets and I try to brush Ollie's teeth at least twice a week. He hates it, even with the chicken flavored tooth paste! I have no clue if it's even making a difference, but I refuse to let my cat's teeth rot out of it's head when it's almost preventable.

Have you tried peanut butter toothpaste flavors instead? None of the dogs liked the chicken flavored toothpaste. Everyone seems to be alright with the peanut butter. Do you use the little finger brush, or do you use an actual long handled brush? Because the little finger brush is the only way the dogs really get into it.

Shnooks
Mar 24, 2007

I'M BEING BORN D:

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Have you tried peanut butter toothpaste flavors instead? None of the dogs liked the chicken flavored toothpaste. Everyone seems to be alright with the peanut butter. Do you use the little finger brush, or do you use an actual long handled brush? Because the little finger brush is the only way the dogs really get into it.

He's not a peanut butter kind of guy. He's not really food motivated at all. I use a teeeeeny tiny toothbrush and it works fine, I get his teeth, he's just super cranky about it.

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Oh man I appreciate that, you know I do!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

http://features.peta.org/CookingMama/

That one's really good too. And by good I mean laughably horrible.

This was actually kind of fun ... though I don't understand why Mama had a sudden change of heart!? She really seemed to enjoy ripping out organs and chopping off the turkey's head.

Oh Peta, the things you spend those hard earned donations on :allears:

Shnooks posted:

My dog loathed the chicken flavored toothpaste and a regular, soft bristled toothbrush. Like FluffyBunnies said, the finger brush was much more tolerable. Since switching to raw though, I never even bother any more. I never noticed a difference when brushing his teeth (they were horrible). Now his canines are the only yucky ones, I should probably whip out the finger brush again for them.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

RurouNNy posted:

My dog loathed the chicken flavored toothpaste and a regular, soft bristled toothbrush. Like FluffyBunnies said, the finger brush was much more tolerable. Since switching to raw though, I never even bother any more. I never noticed a difference when brushing his teeth (they were horrible). Now his canines are the only yucky ones, I should probably whip out the finger brush again for them.

Yup. Raw bones a couple times a week = clean dog teeth. Never have to brush a dog tooth.

paisleyfox
Feb 23, 2009

My dog thinks he's a pretty lady.

See, I'd go the raw bones route, and they do well on Koji's left side. But his right side, he had a molar in the back pulled since he cracked it (being a dumbass and chewing on his tags) so he doesn't tend to chew on that side as much, and it really shows. It's starting to get a little gnarly on the missing tooth side as he doesn't chew the bones or bullies on that side.

That oral gel stuff works way better than regular toothpaste, though. I saw the difference with a friend's dogs, so I'm going to have to start using it on Mr. Lopsided.

necessary voodoo
Nov 4, 2010
Congrats Trophy, you're tumblr famous.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Carebear posted:

Well, good luck Sam! They gave him 50% survival chance.

Oh, poor Sam! I hope he pulls through ok! At least it probably wont hurt anymore once it's gone. It's so scary to think this could happen completely unexpectedly. :ohdear:
If you start a fundraiser I'd be glad to send some cash your way, and more than happy to share it with everyone I know. It's so hard to face vet bills like that without a guarantee of recovery. When Fry died we were about $5000 in the hole one year after picking up a free cat on Craigslist. My in-laws asked how we could spend so much on a cat, but even after just a year with him, how couldn't we?
I hope your mom is doing ok.

I just realized Fry died two years ago today.

Abbeh fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 22, 2012

Wheats
Sep 28, 2007

strange sisters

I'm having Thanksgiving with my family this year (instead of the girlfriend's awkward, Jonathan Franzen-style family) and I'm stuck upstairs cooking while everyone plays Apples to Apples downstairs. I just went and checked on them and they're using Beck to pick winning cards.

Wheats fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 22, 2012

Mean Bean
Jan 19, 2012

My blood type is Folgers.

Carebear posted:

Either way, the hospital bill is going to be nearly $10 thousand. My mom does not have that kind of money. I've been scraping my bank account dry every month so I can't help her, but I feel somewhat responsible for what has happened. Is starting a fundraiser online a good or a bad idea? Has anyone ever tried this before and have any ideas? My mom has medical conditions herself and he's practically therapy for her so this is incredibly rough for her to go through. I love my mom, and Sam (his name) is a wonderful cat.

I once donated to some random person I don't know for a kitty that was using this site Give Forward. Here's an example, I don't know what this one is about but it's just one I found real quick that had a pet in it: http://www.giveforward.com/helpsaveflorence

Triangulum
Oct 3, 2007

by Lowtax
My neighbors have a male German Shepherd who barks incessantly when he's left alone and today he escaped and was rampaging around. I guess they forgot to close their front door when they left the house and he slipped out. Poor dude was really freaked out and ended up at my front door crying to get inside. I gave him some treats and played with him a little and then took him back to his house. He's clearly really bored and understimulated and every time I see them walking him they yank on his collar so hard his front feet lift off the ground :sigh: The first thing out of his owner's mouth was "Oh God did he bite you??" No man, he was actually really sweet and just wanted some snacks and some pets.

Poor guy. He seems like a pretty cool dog who's just left alone to rot all day :(

notsoape
Jul 19, 2009

WWDD?

The tumblr is 'fyeahfatcats' so really she is famous for being fat, which is worse than not being famous at all.

notsoape fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

There's a dog show on right now (sporting group's up at the moment) and the dane actually pulled from group! Of course, it's a goddamned fawn, but hell. It's not a terrible beefdog entirely. He's a bit too heavily built, in my opinion, for hunting use but it's a step in a better direction at least.

E: On the other hand, the golden retriever looks like someone took a wrench to it's giant head.

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 22, 2012

• Locked thread