Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I don't know if its a bug or some weird conflict, but I'm using Jsawyer, CCO and PN. When I get one of Dr. Usanagi's implants for Intelligence, my int was reduced down to one. Even when I edit it in the console, it will only stay that way as long as I don't enter another area. When I do enter another area, the stat jumps up to 10. 1 and 10 are the only two numbers where the stat remains stable.

EDIT: It seems that the console command player.forceav intelligence stops the problem while the other commands to alter stats don't.

Dapper Dan fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Nov 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Is that the cyber implant module of PN? I like the idea but I have never used it with CCO/Jsawyer/PN.

I just keep PN around for the core/equipment modules.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Hey, look! The DLC merged patch for Follower Tweaks is here early!

Also, for those of you who have reported followers randomly unequipping and reequipping their weapons, try this patch and see if that resolves the problem.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Are there any mods for a radio station with a reactive DJ like Mr New Vegas? I like him but his repertoire is a little limited. The radio stations in the OP sound cool but it doesn't sound like they change according to the quests you do. I keep wanting to have a go at writing one myself but a) I've never made a mod and wouldn't know where to start, and b) if nobody's done one after two years that probably means it's not possible anyway.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
:tipshat:

Cirosan, on another note: am I crazy for remembering if you had plans for a "universal" followers module or is that impossible? Something that dropped a token into a followers inventory and let it adjust the follower to CCO's values?

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

v1ld posted:

Disabling login to nexus fixed it for me, though it's been a long while since I used FOMM. There's also this vid on switching back to FOMM from NMM.

NMM seems stable enough nowadays and I'm using it for the like 6-7 mods that actually use FOMM's scripting, almost all of which are by Gopher.

How do I do that?

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Cirosan, on another note: am I crazy for remembering if you had plans for a "universal" followers module or is that impossible? Something that dropped a token into a followers inventory and let it adjust the follower to CCO's values?
Oh, there were plans for it alright, but I couldn't get the drat thing to work. Strangest thing, too - it used basically everything that FT does but with a perk that wasn't conditional to one NPC ID. Did absolutely nothing. I have absolutely no idea why. Only way to get such a perk to work, I found, was to make it conditional to one NPC ID.

Near as I can tell, by the way, Obsidian had a similar plan for companions that they also couldn't get to work/was cut for time. There's a hidden perk called CompanionSuite that's still referenced and used by a variety of vanilla game scripts and dialogue nodes, in 86 instances total. Its description is thus:

COMPANIONS ONLY
* Mult Weap DAM 0.75
* Mult Target DT 0.75
* Decrease Carry Weight 75
* Increase DR 33%

Contrary to the description, in game, it was only programmed to do four things:
* Increase DR by 50.
* Increase Sneak by 100.
* Decrease Carry Weight by 75.
* Give Cass the Shotgun Surgeon perk.

The damage/target DT reductions were not implemented (at least not in the shipped game), and the DR increase was 50 instead of 33.

My best guess is that this iteration of Gamebryo doesn't allow for perks that universally change all allied NPCs, and was only programmed to allow for specific, conditional changes. This would fit with the design philosophy of NV's predecessor, Fallout 3, and was probably a quirk that Obsidian was unaware of when first trying to implement the companion suite. I should note, however, that they got around this restriction later - Lonesome Road uses the same method I do to give ED-E immunity to mines, for instance.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Gyshall posted:

Is that the cyber implant module of PN? I like the idea but I have never used it with CCO/Jsawyer/PN.

I just keep PN around for the core/equipment modules.

Yeah, its the cyber module. Just a weird little quirk, I probably won't use any of the other SPECIAL modules just in case it applies to them as well.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Dapper Dan posted:

Yeah, its the cyber module. Just a weird little quirk, I probably won't use any of the other SPECIAL modules just in case it applies to them as well.

I'm using the PN cyber implants for IN, PE and AG (along with jsawyer/CCO) and haven't had any problems. I'm not using PN's Rebalance though, if that makes a difference.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Genocyber posted:

How do I do that?

Don't remember, I'm afraid. It's been a long while since I ran FOMM.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Cirosan posted:

Also, for those of you who have reported followers randomly unequipping and reequipping their weapons, try this patch and see if that resolves the problem.

A quick look at Arcade with this enabled seems to indicate the problem's gone. If so, fantastic (I haven't played any with this fix in place, just loaded up and took a quick look).

A seemingly associated issue was that Arcade and Boone often showed duplicates of their equipped weapon - both of which would be marked as equipped. Only one of these copies would be real in the sense of being movable back to my own inventory. The copy would sometimes not show equipped mods, too.

All of this seems to have cleared up as well: Arcade had two copies of the Multiplas Rifle equipped, but transferring it back and forth shows it as showing up just the once after that.

Thanks much!

I don't have a save pre-Arcade recruitment, so can't test that fix.

Arenovalis
Dec 8, 2010

Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.
CAWS time? CAWS time.

Arenovalis fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Nov 22, 2012

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Arenovalis posted:

CAWS time? CAWS time.

I swear to god I'm going to marry you.

EDIT: I dunno if you do requests, but this is the thing you should make next

SpookyLizard fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Nov 22, 2012

Diabetes Forecast
Aug 13, 2008

Droopy Only
I doubt I can really follow something as amazing as that but hell may as well show a thing!

this stuff is time consuming as all hell.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

Cirosan posted:

Hey, look! The DLC merged patch for Follower Tweaks is here early!

Holy poo poo I should have mentioned that weapon bug earlier, this fixed it 100%. Thanks! I've also loaded the merged patch with no immediate problems. I guess this is a good reason start into the DLC.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

Is this what love feels like. :allears:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

fentan posted:

How big is the clip?

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Ariong posted:

How big is the clip?

It's a hundred round magazine.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
British guns time, video game gun lovers.

First off, this guy reskins the in game Hunting Rifle into the SMLE Mark 3 Lee Enfield. British and Canadian flags are optional as well as sans flag around the gun butt.

And here is a Bren Light Machine Gun. You'll need Dead Money to use this as it is more or less a reskin and model tweak of the BAR.

Still waiting for the more detailed WW2/Retro Future Cold War uniforms mods :smith:.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

fentan posted:

Is this actually a real thing or what the hell. I'm pretty sure if you wanted 100 rounds you would use a drum magazine right?

Wolvorine
Nov 15, 2011

I am not drawing that.

SpookyLizard posted:

I swear to god I'm going to marry you.

EDIT: I dunno if you do requests, but this is the thing you should make next

Good luck on the request, I tried to beg him to make the awesome extended pistol(s) from Boondock Saints II, but was unsuccessful. :(

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Is this actually a real thing or what the hell. I'm pretty sure if you wanted 100 rounds you would use a drum magazine right?

Nope, it's real thing.

Wolvorine posted:

Good luck on the request, I tried to beg him to make the awesome extended pistol(s) from Boondock Saints II, but was unsuccessful. :(

Yes but this is /awesome/ and there's a significant lack of FAL's in FNV.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

SpookyLizard posted:

Yes but this is /awesome/ and there's a significant lack of FAL's in FNV.

Blammo.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009

Christmas on Thanksgiving! :toot:

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Oh no, don't you start here. Millenia wasn't gonna model one and I suggested the banana mag instead because it's funny, awesome, and easy for him to do as it's a simple modifier in 3ds max. The alternative is that no extended magazine option ever would have been made. Too bad we have to listen to all the bitching babies on Nexus cry endlessly about the lack of their tacticool and discuss how unpractical it is when they're playing with it in a Fallout themed video game. And that's after we requested people to not bitch about it. Seriously ready to punch people out over the internet over that.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Naky posted:

Oh no, don't you start here. Millenia wasn't gonna model one and I suggested the banana mag instead because it's funny, awesome, and easy for him to do as it's a simple modifier in 3ds max. The alternative is that no extended magazine option ever would have been made. Too bad we have to listen to all the bitching babies on Nexus cry endlessly about the lack of their tacticool and discuss how unpractical it is when they're playing with it in a Fallout themed video game. And that's after we requested people to not bitch about it. Seriously ready to punch people out over the internet over that.

Wait, that magazine isn't in real life? But it seems so tactically viable, if you added an edge to the clip not only would it fire out hundreds of bullets without reloading, but you could use it to axe people to bits on top of that.

In fact, I have a request (if possible) make this double as a melee weapon so that I may bludgeon people with the banana mag after I'm done unloading.

It's for my immersion.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
It's a real magazine, yes. That's why I suggested it as an alternative to the drum mag since it was easy to make. Too bad we're interfering with Nexus' tacticool barbie dress up time with it though.

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

Naky posted:

It's a real magazine, yes. That's why I suggested it as an alternative to the drum mag since it was easy to make. Too bad we're interfering with Nexus' tacticool barbie dress up time with it though.

Drum mags on rifles look like testicles.

Turtlicious posted:

Wait, that magazine isn't in real life? But it seems so tactically viable, if you added an edge to the clip not only would it fire out hundreds of bullets without reloading, but you could use it to axe people to bits on top of that.

In fact, I have a request (if possible) make this double as a melee weapon so that I may bludgeon people with the banana mag after I'm done unloading.

It's for my immersion.

Oh god I know it would probably impossible within the engine, but this would be amazing.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

fentan posted:

Oh god I know it would probably impossible within the engine, but this would be amazing.

Just make it so you get a melee and/or throwing magazine from the gun every time you reload.

Then make a recipe that lets you use knives/axes/etc to make a more deadly version.

I have no idea if this is feasible or not.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fentan posted:

I know they did it in skyrim wear a sword doubled as a gun, (Different engine I know, except I've heard that it isn't a different engine or... Something.) Maybe if they added the same model but as a melee weapon (so held and used differently) by the same name then you could use it. Of course, then you'd have a gun you can shoot but not swing and vice versa. Unless you can make the lists in such a way that two items ALWAYS spawn together. THEN, you could just give everyone a shooty bit, and a melee bit. It'd even make sense in game, because where it would break for the shooting would not be the same place it'd break for swinging.

Except now we're going from talking about textures to talking about scripting.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I just started a playthrough of FO3. I have the Pip-Boy Readius, can I use skins from the New Vegas version?

Edit: Yes I can! Pip-Boy 3500, now in the Capital Wasteland!

Endymion FRS MK1 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Nov 23, 2012

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

fentan posted:

I finally broke this in yesterday.

Fucks given about my gun having testicles hanging from it: 0.00 :haw:

fentan
Aug 3, 2012

I wouldn't argue with a guy holding a whatever that is. :ohdear:

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

fentan posted:

I wouldn't argue with a guy holding a whatever that is. :ohdear:

It's a saiga-12. :eng101:

Speaking of which,does the Armory mod have a saiga?

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead

Man Whore posted:

It's a saiga-12. :eng101:

Speaking of which,does the Armory mod have a saiga?

Yes but we hate it. There's a lack of good saigas.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

CCO Follower Tweaks has suddenly stopped working. I think the problem was that I went through dead money without using the dead money patch. Now, whenever I try to recruit Arcade Gannon with Veronica in tow, he says I have too many people and a massage pops up saying that I can only recruit as many followers as my Charisma/2 rounded down, despite the fact that my charisma is and has always been 4. It still doesn't work even after setting my charisma to 10 with the console. The problem persists even after reinstalling the mod with all of the proper patches.

Cirosan
Jan 3, 2012

Ariong posted:

CCO Follower Tweaks has suddenly stopped working. I think the problem was that I went through dead money without using the dead money patch. Now, whenever I try to recruit Arcade Gannon with Veronica in tow, he says I have too many people and a massage pops up saying that I can only recruit as many followers as my Charisma/2 rounded down, despite the fact that my charisma is and has always been 4. It still doesn't work even after setting my charisma to 10 with the console. The problem persists even after reinstalling the mod with all of the proper patches.
Try making a clean save before reinstalling. Load the game without CCO checked in your mod manager (the game will give you lip about trying to load with missing content; ignore it). Then make a hard save - not a quicksave, a hard save that you do by hitting Escape and saving in a new slot. Then close the game and re-enable CCO in your mod manager and load the clean save that you just made without CCO loaded.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Cirosan posted:

Try making a clean save before reinstalling. Load the game without CCO checked in your mod manager (the game will give you lip about trying to load with missing content; ignore it). Then make a hard save - not a quicksave, a hard save that you do by hitting Escape and saving in a new slot. Then close the game and re-enable CCO in your mod manager and load the clean save that you just made without CCO loaded.

I did exactly this, with the exception that I used a quicksave instead of a normal one. Thanks a thousand.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Colon Semicolon posted:

I doubt I can really follow something as amazing as that but hell may as well show a thing!

this stuff is time consuming as all hell.

I am going to have non-consensual sex with you, and when you wake up I'll leave flowers and a chocolate on my pillow.

Please, keep going!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people
Odd question, but what happens to items stored in the underground hideout mod if you load without the mod? I have a freeze I've narrowed down to that mod, but moving all that stuff out manually doesn't sound like fun. I've tried a few places that feel obvious, and my google fu is failing this one.