Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

My model store has not had a resupply of tamiya red in three months. I need more of it to finish my mg epyon and I really want to finish this drat thing.

Does anybody know what the best place to buy this stuff online is? I also need it shipped to canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Alright, I should've known I'd do this.... what's the quality like on the HG Seraphim Gundam? If I'm getting the Seravee, I may as well get that too if it's any good.

CatBus
May 12, 2001

Who wants a mustache ride?
Hopefully this is the thread for this. I need some identification/valuation help. First up, I have two Neon Genesis figures that were given to me by a student about ten years ago (I am the Anime Club sponsor). I have had them pinned to a board in my classroom since then, but I realized that maybe I should be more careful, in case they are worth something.

The head fell off of the red one, but it is still bouncing around in the box.

I have done some searching around, but I have not found these exact models online. There are several similar models, but nothing exactly the same. I am pretty sure they were bought on closeout at a mall video store (Suncoast or something like that). I tried to scan the barcode on the back, but it pulled up some Naruto stuff on Amazon. Then I tried to have one of my Japanese students read me the back of the package, and she said it was almost all in Chinese (oops!). So I am guessing these are grey market Chinese bootlegs that were sold in stores here? Do they have any value?

Next up are three model sets I bought while I was in Japan in 2009. I just bought them as random stuff, because I recognized them (two of them), and they were on sale.

One is from Gurren Lagann, one is Eva-00 (it says series 14 LM - Limited Model, manufacturer is NAS), and one is just some random model. The Gurren Lagann model actually available through Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gurren-Lagann-Tengen-Kadou-Pre-Painted/dp/B0011XGT5K/ .

So what should I do with these?

There are more pictures of the back/sides of some of the boxes here:
http://imgur.com/a/vcPcQ

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Build them, obviously. They're probably not going to be very good, though.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I don't think anyone but Bandai had the license for Evangelion model kits so that one may be a bootleg too.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CatBus posted:

Hopefully this is the thread for this. I need some identification/valuation help. First up, I have two Neon Genesis figures that were given to me by a student about ten years ago (I am the Anime Club sponsor). I have had them pinned to a board in my classroom since then, but I realized that maybe I should be more careful, in case they are worth something.

The head fell off of the red one, but it is still bouncing around in the box.

I have done some searching around, but I have not found these exact models online. There are several similar models, but nothing exactly the same. I am pretty sure they were bought on closeout at a mall video store (Suncoast or something like that). I tried to scan the barcode on the back, but it pulled up some Naruto stuff on Amazon. Then I tried to have one of my Japanese students read me the back of the package, and she said it was almost all in Chinese (oops!). So I am guessing these are grey market Chinese bootlegs that were sold in stores here? Do they have any value?

Next up are three model sets I bought while I was in Japan in 2009. I just bought them as random stuff, because I recognized them (two of them), and they were on sale.

One is from Gurren Lagann, one is Eva-00 (it says series 14 LM - Limited Model, manufacturer is NAS), and one is just some random model. The Gurren Lagann model actually available through Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Gurren-Lagann-Tengen-Kadou-Pre-Painted/dp/B0011XGT5K/ .

So what should I do with these?

There are more pictures of the back/sides of some of the boxes here:
http://imgur.com/a/vcPcQ

post here http://myfigurecollection.net/
they will definitely be able to identify and tell you values

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
On 1999.co.jp, does the little "Restock" tag in the same area as the "sale" tag mean that it is going to be restocked in the future, or is current restock, or what?

CatBus
May 12, 2001

Who wants a mustache ride?

Fauxtool posted:

post here http://myfigurecollection.net/
they will definitely be able to identify and tell you values

That sounds like a good idea, thanks!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well, I ordered an HG Seravee GHNW/B and Seraphim off of HLJ (Amazon won't ship Gundam kits to Australia for some reason :argh:). Gotta wait for a restock on both of them some time in December, though :sigh:. I actually nearly bought an HG Heavy Arms Custom as well because it was all of $10, but the reviews and general pictures suggested it wasn't that good.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well, I ordered an HG Seravee GHNW/B and Seraphim off of HLJ (Amazon won't ship Gundam kits to Australia for some reason :argh:). Gotta wait for a restock on both of them some time in December, though :sigh:. I actually nearly bought an HG Heavy Arms Custom as well because it was all of $10, but the reviews and general pictures suggested it wasn't that good.

If you want a Heavyarms, bite the bullet and buy the Master Grade Heavyarms. Don't waste your money on the old Wing kits.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well, I ordered an HG Seravee GHNW/B and Seraphim off of HLJ (Amazon won't ship Gundam kits to Australia for some reason :argh:).

Go to the page of the thing you want, then on the right hand side of the page there should be a short list of sellers. If you click the "<number of sellers> new" link below that list, you get taken to another list which has a bunch of those items from a bunch of different sellers. This is Seraphim Gundam's list of sellers: link

Now what you want to do here is look for a seller that ships from Japan, who will most likely ship to Australia. Here's the MG Heavyarms sellers list: link

It is a pain in the rear end that Amazon doesn't ship a whole bunch of things here to Australia, but you can still buy them through amazon if you just have a look around their sellers lists. You can also get better prices than you would if you just bought straight from Amazon.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

If you want a Heavyarms, bite the bullet and buy the Master Grade Heavyarms. Don't waste your money on the old Wing kits.

Ignimbrite posted:

Go to the page of the thing you want, then on the right hand side of the page there should be a short list of sellers. If you click the "<number of sellers> new" link below that list, you get taken to another list which has a bunch of those items from a bunch of different sellers. This is Seraphim Gundam's list of sellers: link

Now what you want to do here is look for a seller that ships from Japan, who will most likely ship to Australia. Here's the MG Heavyarms sellers list: link

It is a pain in the rear end that Amazon doesn't ship a whole bunch of things here to Australia, but you can still buy them through amazon if you just have a look around their sellers lists. You can also get better prices than you would if you just bought straight from Amazon.

Cheers for this. The Heavy Arms was going to be just a "eh, why not" purchase because of the price, really. Thanks for the advice though.

Edit: So much for a "December Restock" - They've come instock and are now on their way to me in the mail! :dance:

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Nov 15, 2012

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I know this was expected considering Seed Destiny is getting an HD remake, but MOTHER FUCKER:

This does NOT deserve a RG...

Here are some other confirmed release dates too I guess:

RG 1/144 Destiny Gundam (Release Date: Spring 2013, Price: TBA)
HG 1/144 Gundam Astray Blue Frame 2nd L (Release Date: Feb 2013, Price: 1700 yen)
HGUC 1/144 Gundam Ez-8 (Release Date: Apr 2013, Price: 1600 yen)
HGUC 1/144 MS-06R Zaku II Black Tri-Star Custom (Release Date: Feb 2013, Price: 1600 yen)
HG 1/144 Perfect Strike Gundam (Release Date: Feb 2013, Price: 1700 yen)
HGUC 1/144 Jesta Cannon (Release Date: Feb 2013, Price: 2000 yen)
MG 1/100 Jesta (Release Date: Spring 2013, Price: 4500 yen)
SD Gundam BB Senshi Banshee (Release Date: Mar 2013)
SD Gundam BB Senshi Delta Plus w/ Base Jabber (Release Date: Mar 2013)

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
So this is basically Bandai 90% abandoning MG at this point, right? :sigh:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Dre2Dee2 posted:

We're getting the Jesta though, I don't know what else there is to be released right now, there's been plenty of AGE stuff, I may even get the Dark Hound.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Dre2Dee2 posted:

what? They're releasing a new mg almost every month. We have the nu coming in december, the tallgeese in January! They occasionally release the RG instead of an Mg, but the Mg line is not even close to being dead.

... I may pick the RG destiny, I'll decide if I want it when the prototype comes out.

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Nov 21, 2012

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
I really want to get a Destiny kit sometime soon, but it's likely I'll ignore that RG and get the MG Extreme Blast because BEAM EFFECT PARTS EVERYWHERE. (I am a massive whore for those Wings of Light)

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

ActionZero posted:

I really want to get a Destiny kit sometime soon, but it's likely I'll ignore that RG and get the MG Extreme Blast because BEAM EFFECT PARTS EVERYWHERE. (I am a massive whore for those Wings of Light)

I've always been a big fan of the Destiny because of the Palma Fiocina, personally. The Extreme Blast has on my list of gunpla to pick up if I ever get a better-paying job for a while now.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any worthwhile BF sales to look at this year?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Fauxtool posted:

any worthwhile BF sales to look at this year?
HLJ's having one.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Goddamnit.

I don't know what RG I wanted Bandai to make next, but I know it wasn't that one.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MG Sinanju Stein, Feb 2013.

MG AGE-3 and FX

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 22, 2012

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

U.T. Raptor posted:

HLJ's having one.

drat, I just ordered 8 balls. f they drop the price any lower, I'm gonna get even more balls.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Oh you have GOT to be kidding me Bandai:

ANOTHER MG Strike Gundam?!

Edit: MG Rezel Defenser type:

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 22, 2012

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

awesome news bandai. 2012 and January 2013 had a shitload of mg's that I wanted, now they're making stuff that I don't want. Thanks for sparing my wallet!

Monaghan fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Nov 22, 2012

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me Bandai:

ANOTHER MG Strike Gundam?!

I'll bet that it's the Strike Rouge. That's about the only one they haven't done.

edit: VVVVVV

I know, but haven't they been re-doing them all for the HD remaster though?

Neddy Seagoon fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Nov 22, 2012

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'll bet that it's the Strike Rouge. That's about the only one they haven't done.

Strike Rouge has been out for years.

slightpirate
Dec 26, 2006
i am the dance commander
Strike Black / White 2 Ultra Pokedex HD Version.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I know, but haven't they been re-doing them all for the HD remaster though?

The HD kits have all been HGs so far. The Strike Rouge is an HG too though it comes with the IWSP and hasn't had a rerelease so far.

If they do HD re-releases of MGs too it will have the MG schedule filled up for the next year or so.

Midjack fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Nov 22, 2012

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Now THIS is a Master Grade I can get behind!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Hrm... looks like I might need to repaint that yellow trim black

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

A new Sinanju and the Tallgeese? gently caress you Bandai, I need this money for food.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Sinanju Stein and Jesta? gently caress me, I must have a hole in my wallet or something. Hell, I still need to get Marasai and Banshee. Note to self: don't splurge too much on the Steam Autumn Sale :saddowns:...

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Apparently the Nu Gundam is getting retconned to have some psycoframe in its body, if the Master Grade is to be believed.

Edit:

G-exes, Gogg, and Big Zam?

TaurusOxford fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Nov 22, 2012

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I'm afraid it might be Palace Athene.

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...
That middle one looks like a zogok

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Second one looks like a Z'Gokk. Last one looks like something with broad shoulders and then two big pods/something on the back, sorta like the Palace Athene but not.

edit: beaten by high five speculation buddies

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Number 2 is Zogok (I thought I was the only one who wanted this) and #3 is Döven-Wolf (finally!). Number 1 is pretty impossible to figure but I really hope it's Turn A.

Also, they've teased HGUC Messala for 2013, holy gently caress.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

Bimmi posted:

Number 2 is Zogok (I thought I was the only one who wanted this) and #3 is Döven-Wolf (finally!). Number 1 is pretty impossible to figure but I really hope it's Turn A.

Also, they've teased HGUC Messala for 2013, holy gently caress.

Wow they're really pulling out all the stops in making GBS threads out the new kits. How long before they run out of designs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I had a dream...

...and it's name is Zero.

• Locked thread