Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Dr Scoofles posted:

My husband's mate does the sound editing for Come Dine With Me, apparently the very best of Dave Lamb gets cut out for being too rude. I dream of hearing the unedited commentary.

I'd love to watch a Come Dine with Me late edition.

Fresh Meat was pretty good this week, gently caress the Stow cunts mind, hope we don't see them again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

onoflalks posted:

I'd love to watch a Come Dine with Me late edition.

Fresh Meat was pretty good this week, gently caress the Stow cunts mind, hope we don't see them again

Is that...Dan Miller?? gently caress, I'll have to watch that series now.

Jawidar
Feb 17, 2007

Jonnty posted:

Is that...Dan Miller??
Nah, it's Brian from My Parents are Aliens :v:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Jawidar posted:

Even better!

I used to love that show.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
He was also in Lead Balloon (I can't remember if people here liked that or not, it became quite tiresome for me).

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Jawidar posted:

So confusing, as was the fact that the repellant John Duggan, Press Officer in The Thick of It, was lovely Archie in Balamory.

It messes with your mind, somehow. Childrens TV show presenters are forever typecast as lovely wholesome innocent people in my mind, despite copious evidence to the contrary.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
The Thick of It has attracted a lot of actors who have been in kids shows. The Lib Dem press manager/former Daily Mail poo poo is one of the Horrible History guys for example.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Irisi posted:

So confusing, as was the fact that the repellant John Duggan, Press Officer in The Thick of It, was lovely Archie in Balamory.

It messes with your mind, somehow. Childrens TV show presenters are forever typecast as lovely wholesome innocent people in my mind, despite copious evidence to the contrary.

The thing that confused me about Archie in Balamory is that it's set in Scotland but he's the only one who wears a kilt, despite being the English one

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Tsaedje posted:

The thing that confused me about Archie in Balamory is that it's set in Scotland but he's the only one who wears a kilt, despite being the English one

Modern cut and designed Kilts are as Scottish as South Africa. They are more Victorian Fashion emulation of the real ones.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Blue Screen Error posted:

Despite not being bothered enough to release it on DVD themselves, the BBC compliance dept have enforced some cuts on the Fist of Fun Series 2 DVD that Go Faster Stripe are releasing.

What a bunch of twats.

Chortle have done a nice write-up about it

Also, BBC Four have bought Parks and Recreation, that's pretty good.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."

onoflalks posted:

Chortle have done a nice write-up about it

Also, BBC Four have bought Parks and Recreation, that's pretty good.

A good thing.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

quote:

Go Faster Stripe boss Chris Evans said he ‘understood the thinking’ behind the first cut, but said: ‘The other related to Princess Diana, whom the BBC now have a blanket ban on mentioning in any old comedy DVDs, even if, as here, the mention was unambiguously positive and made before her death anyway.

Someone tell The Express that the BBC are trying to erase The People's Princess from time itself.

Fatty
Sep 13, 2004
Not really fat

Shelf Adventure posted:

The Thick of It has attracted a lot of actors who have been in kids shows. The Lib Dem press manager/former Daily Mail poo poo is one of the Horrible History guys for example.

I've seen a few of the Horrible History guys pop up in other things, like Peep Show and Spy. Maybe thats why Horrible Histories is actually pretty good, its populated by sitcom actors rather than mugging childrens presenters.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

How I want to die: partying with Oompa-Loompa Vod in a pub toilet until my heart explodes.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Fresh Meat has really picked up the ball and run with it.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Blue Screen Error posted:

Someone tell The Express that the BBC are trying to erase The People's Princess from time itself.

What will enrage the Express more though, that or this (which has already pissed off the Mail)?

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS

onoflalks posted:

What will enrage the Express more though, that or this (which has already pissed off the Mail)?

I just came here to post that link. I've never seen Full English but it looks like the least funny thing ever. I mean a loving sketch about Diana and Jade Goody...when was it written? Unbelievable.

And apparently it has voiceovers by Richard Ayoade, Kayvan Novak and Daisy Haggard, who are all quite decent. Is it all as poo poo as that clip?

atomic gog
Apr 11, 2005

Winner June 2013 POTM

Bloodbath posted:

And apparently it has voiceovers by Richard Ayoade, Kayvan Novak and Daisy Haggard, who are all quite decent. Is it all as poo poo as that clip?

That's probably funnier than anything that happened in the one episode I watched. It's so bad.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Sickest Cartoon Ever? obviously the Daily Mail never saw Newgrounds circa 2002-2003. Or anything actually blatantly offensive (gently caress off Daily mail gently caress off seriously). Not saying that cartoon isn't poo poo or anything. It amuses me animated British humour has been horrible bland or worse since 2DTV.

Also, IT Crowd slowly but surely is starting to date. The Facebook parody episode though is still quite strong.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

SeanBeansShako posted:

Sickest Cartoon Ever? obviously the Daily Mail never saw Newgrounds circa 2002-2003. Or anything actually blatantly offensive (gently caress off Daily mail gently caress off seriously). Not saying that cartoon isn't poo poo or anything. It amuses me animated British humour has been horrible bland or worse since 2DTV.

It's times like these that I start to wonder if Monkey Dust was just a crazy dream. Did that attract any media controversy or did nobody notice cos it was on late at night on BBC Choice(?)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Jonnty posted:

It's times like these that I start to wonder if Monkey Dust was just a crazy dream. Did that attract any media controversy or did nobody notice cos it was on late at night on BBC Choice(?)

It was on too late yeah, Angry Daily Mail Journos have to sleep around 9PM or their hearts will explode. From it being too dark outside.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

SeanBeansShako posted:

It was on too late yeah, Angry Daily Mail Journos have to sleep around 9PM or their hearts will explode. From it being too dark outside.

loving Scottish farmers!

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

SHOCK HORROR SCOTTISH FARMERS STEAL SUN, SOMETHING ABOUT CANCER.

Also, if you didn't see it on BBC4 last night the modern history of western satire presented by David Frost is on iPlayer now. Give it a look if you are into that sort of thing.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I just watched last nights episode of The Hour and as much as I enjoy the show the sheer amount of smoke in every scene from 99% of the cast puffing away almost makes me cough my lungs up in reflex :v:

I wasn't sure how they could do a second season but they've done a cracking job so far, especially now we know most of the base plotline for the season.

Kraxis
May 14, 2007
I saw Frost on Satire a while ago, and it is really, really good. I loved the really old clips from That Was The Week That Was.
He's done a similar thing about TV interviews which I would also highly recommend.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Caught a bit of Hunted again tonight, not entirely sure what was going on, but one of the characters said, "How poo poo is this?", then another woman got shot in the chest while standing on one of the bridges in London which caused her to jump over the barrier into the Thames. She was resurrected two minutes later for the epilogue, which only makes sense since I seem to remember her dying twice already...

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Squalitude posted:

Caught a bit of Hunted again tonight, not entirely sure what was going on, but one of the characters said, "How poo poo is this?", then another woman got shot in the chest while standing on one of the bridges in London which caused her to jump over the barrier into the Thames. She was resurrected two minutes later for the epilogue, which only makes sense since I seem to remember her dying twice already...

I'm guessing the guilt-ridden Deacon let her know what was about to happen and they planned the fake assassination. Although it was highly convenient of a deadly female assassin that carries a handgun visible in her back pocket to force Sam to appear in broad daylight in the middle of London (actually it's just terrible writing).

I watched a bit of Hunted. The only thing I can say is that it was better than Spooks, but that's not saying much because Spooks was an appalling programme.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Bloodbath posted:

I just came here to post that link. I've never seen Full English but it looks like the least funny thing ever. I mean a loving sketch about Diana and Jade Goody...when was it written? Unbelievable.

You know Family Guy at its worst, and unfunniest? (well, that's all the time:v:), imagine that, but with English accents and references. And then combine that with the American pilot for Red Dwarf.

That's how unfunny it is.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

You know Family Guy at its worst, and unfunniest? (well, that's all the time:v:), imagine that, but with English accents and references. And then combine that with the American pilot for Red Dwarf.

That's how unfunny it is.

Such a creation would create some sort of black hole that'd suck all humour from existance. I'm afraid to actually see it.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Family Guy's least funny episode is the pinnacle of comedy compared to a single moment of Full English. It's so bad it's actually embarrassing to watch. I cringed my way through the first episode and half of the second, and then I had to watch an old American Dad episode to take my mind off how bad Full English was.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Quanta posted:

I'm guessing the guilt-ridden Deacon let her know what was about to happen and they planned the fake assassination. Although it was highly convenient of a deadly female assassin that carries a handgun visible in her back pocket to force Sam to appear in broad daylight in the middle of London (actually it's just terrible writing).

I watched a bit of Hunted. The only thing I can say is that it was better than Spooks, but that's not saying much because Spooks was an appalling programme.

I thought it was good enough to watch most of the time. Until the last episode which just kept stacking up the retarded reveals and twists.

Emnity
Sep 24, 2009

King of Scotland
Anyone watching Secret State on Channel 4? The second of four parts aired this week and is on a Sunday I believe. Really well put together drama, I'm not usually that much into British Government/spy dramas (Roll on Homeland) but loving what they are doing with it so far.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Good news, Fresh Meat fans, Channel 4 have commissioned a third series according to Jack Whitehall and there's going to be another series of Bad Education.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

SeanBeansShako posted:

Such a creation would create some sort of black hole that'd suck all humour from existance. I'm afraid to actually see it.

Out of morbid curiosity I sought it out on 4OD - it is embarassingly bad. It would be poo poo by the standards of 3 minute video game fan films on youtube.

Couldn't Channel 4 have just given Dan Tetsell et al money to make another series of Mongrels? (I know it was BBC, but I just want to see more.)

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

onoflalks posted:

Good news, Fresh Meat fans, Channel 4 have commissioned a third series according to Jack Whitehall and there's going to be another series of Bad Education.

This is excellent news, Fresh Meat is one of the only shows I actually look forward to each week at the moment.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

That HIGNFY was torturous.

Why would they get Roger Moore to present it?

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I quite liked Roger Moore's 20's comedian take on presenting. Seemed to throw off everybody else's timing though, a shame as I'd have liked to have heard more jokes from boris sister

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Geokinesis posted:

Why would they get Roger Moore to present it?
Because all the good James Bond actors were busy?

Rolled Cabbage
Sep 3, 2006
A few pages back, but I know Lois and no she's not fed those lines or an actor or anything like that (actually I think the implication is a bit mean).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Semprini posted:

Because all the good James Bond actors were busy?

Moore acted in the Bond films?

It was a terrible HIGNFY. Moore was monotoning jokes from autocue that he clearly had no comprehension of. The two guest panelists were extraordinarily limp. The audience laughing on cue to crap visual CGI gags that were added in post-production was the cringe-inducing.