Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long

Thank you for that, awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
thats uncanny

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Almost identical

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

everyone hates Chelsea

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
What about when drawing? The jump from getting 1 point from a draw to 3 points is bigger than getting a draw from a losing position. Probably should have lumped draws in with the losses.

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.

Butterfly Valley posted:

everyone hates Chelsea
It'd be fascinating to see this broken down by possession in last 5 minutes or shots on goal. I imagine if one team is attacking intensely, there'll be more time added on.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

s0meb0dy0 posted:

It'd be fascinating to see this broken down by possession in last 5 minutes or shots on goal. I imagine if one team is attacking intensely, there'll be more time added on.

It's all moot if it's not statistically significant.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It will be worthwhile next season after Chelsea's recent episode with a referee

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

edit: wrong thread

Ciprian Maricon fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 24, 2012

Olewithmilk
Jun 30, 2006

What?

Butterfly Valley posted:

everyone hates Chelsea

error bars indicate standard error :eyepop:

i edited this because im thick as pigshit

Olewithmilk fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Nov 24, 2012

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Olewithmilk posted:

error bars indicate standard error :eyepop:

i edited this because im thick as pigshit

Oh come on this is a purely bullshit graph. Most matches get 3-4 minutes extra time at the end, trying to imply they generally get 25s is loving ludicrous at best. Why did you even post this?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Felipe Melo had to go in goal to face a penalty after the Galatasaray keeper was sent off. One of the top mental cases in the world of sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY4DAibYozU&t=59s

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

trem_two posted:

Felipe Melo had to go in goal to face a penalty after the Galatasaray keeper was sent off. One of the top mental cases in the world of sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nY4DAibYozU&t=59s

Love how he comes about a yard off the line and nobody cares

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Why was he just crawling around at the end of it that was an odd celebration

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

Ninpo posted:

Oh come on this is a purely bullshit graph. Most matches get 3-4 minutes extra time at the end, trying to imply they generally get 25s is loving ludicrous at best. Why did you even post this?

Uh....I will assume that you're obviously joking. But in the very very small chance you're not, the graph is clearly for amount of time MORE than the allotted injury time rather than total injury time....

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

Lamont Cranston posted:

Love how he comes about a yard off the line and nobody cares

Liked this too. Also hilarious celebration.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Ninpo posted:

It's the additional extra time they get when losing vs winning

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kF_QYxWMHc

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Vegetable posted:

Why was he just crawling around at the end of it that was an odd celebration

That's his thing, it's being a pit bull. They apparently have him do it in FIFA 13.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

It's the additional extra time they get when losing vs winning

Welp :downs:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Hahaha I saw that when I was catching up earlier, loving love that man.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

trem_two posted:

That's his thing, it's being a pit bull. They apparently have him do it in FIFA 13.

I had no idea this was a thing.

He looked more like a cat to me.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Everyone knows its the best way to hide a boner.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkQXyaZCkxw

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

I would seriously hate to play against Zlatan.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

What's going on there? He stole the ref's water bottle? Also the cameraman has serious foot fetish

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrXJNpzcpUQ

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Harry Redknapp. Nothing funny or weird, I just always find it a bit surreal seeing people you only know as mopey old bastards as young and fit.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wirth1000 posted:

Harry Redknapp. Nothing funny or weird, I just always find it a bit surreal seeing people you only know as mopey old bastards as young and fit.

Haha that barnet

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

euroboy posted:

One of the proudest moments of norwegian football.

I thought this was:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqZTP8-8wIs

Obligatory FFL version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqupNjswVnQ

I've always loved the guy's strangely specific knowledge of English historical figures - Thatcher, Diana, Churchill, Nelson yeah, Old Clem and Eden maybe, but Beaverbrook?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Also...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8r8Eo0G-d0

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

best quality I could find

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xx4BsBr2fU

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

Ninpo posted:

Haha that barnet
No, Bournemouth.

Lamont Cranston
Sep 1, 2006

how do i shot foam

Wirth1000 posted:

I think this one's my new favorite

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Saw from the comments that Jose Mourinho's first name is pronounced with a J not H. That's almost 10 years of mispronouncing his name...

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Vegetable posted:

Saw from the comments that Jose Mourinho's first name is pronounced with a J not H. That's almost 10 years of mispronouncing his name...

Hearing Shane call him "Ho-say" sounded weird to me. Just curious, how often do you watch games on tv? I only ask because commentators always pronounce it with a J so it never occurred to me to pronounce it with an H.

s0meb0dy0
Feb 27, 2004

The death of a child is always a tragedy, but let's put this in perspective, shall we? I mean they WERE palestinian.

Shoren posted:

Hearing Shane call him "Ho-say" sounded weird to me. Just curious, how often do you watch games on tv? I only ask because commentators always pronounce it with a J so it never occurred to me to pronounce it with an H.
I kinda don't trust commentators to say names correctly, so that's always struck me as odd too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Vegetable posted:

Maybe I am missing something but isn't a J more of a sh sound in Portuguese so his name would be more like Show-say.

• Locked thread