Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moon Man
Mar 31, 2006

The Moon, for Christ's Sake
I registered for classes for next semester and there were no problems with the registration. Usually, my college is very bad with their financial aid department. I also found out that I gave a year LESS than I thought I would need to get my bachelors degree.

I also found out that Bon Jovi is doing another tour next year. They have yet to give any dates for North America. God I hope they come to Columbus, Ohio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CherryCat
Feb 21, 2011

That's a strawberry.

College Slice
I got an email from one of my ex-students. She's studying really hard and her English is steadily getting better :3:

demoneyespaul
Sep 14, 2007

PIATPIATPIAT!
Got my Masters degree and a job today :dance:

SparkPeople
Nov 10, 2012

demoneyespaul posted:

Got my Masters degree and a job today :dance:

Congrats!

My roommates are getting evicted! :woop:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
Washing machine finally got fixed, after two weeks of having to go to the parent's house to do laundry.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
I finally got to hang out with this awesome guy I met back in September, and he got me an awesome Lego keychain I can't get in my store or state! I was also the only one besides his mom and niece he got a present for from Disneyland :) We have also been talking every day, and I can't wait to see him again.

A customer on the phone called me a rockstar at the end of our ten minute conversation which I answered every question she had about a couple sets.

My cat is being super cuddly and has slept at the foot pf my bed every night for the last week. I've had him for a little over a year and I'm proud to say I've done a pretty drat good job of taking care of him.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Shaved this morning and my beard is in perfect condition.

AltoidsAddict
Sep 13, 2007

when they're yours you'll love them
My grandmother flew out from Wisconsin for Thanksgiving. In the past two days we have spent 8 hours just driving around for fun. I discovered that she, just like me, loves the plains more than the mountains. Also I discovered she really likes A Tribe Called Quest and funk and hip-hop.

I recorded three hours of her talking about her childhood, our family, and her thoughts in general. :)

And today? I cheered up a Marine fresh from Afghanistan who hit a snag getting home to his girl and set him back on the road. He put me in his phone as "Guardian Angel." Awww.

Tomorrow: My family does Thanksgiving after the actual day so people whose families suck can still have a happy holiday. I have 12 pounds of standing rib roast in my fridge.

AltoidsAddict has a new favorite as of 06:23 on Nov 23, 2012

dirtgolem
Dec 22, 2011

Wounds are always fresh and so the scabs are never dry
Gutter is the place in which we choose to live our lives
Square inside a circle is the symbol in my eye
Home is where the gutter is and this is where I'll die
I've been on a quest the last 4 months to lose weight and get in to shape. Today I'm comfortably wearing a t-shirt I used to always avoid because it hugged my soggy man boobs and creases. Now it has room in it.

14kg down. I feel pretty goddamn awesome.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
I held Thanksgiving dinner in my Very Own House today. My husband and I roasted a ginormous turkey, we made pies and mashed potatoes and veggies and things, and our friends came over and we had a lovely day.

No drama. No emotional blackmail attempts. Just good food, my friends helped wash up afterwards, we let the dogs all play in the back yard together all afternoon while we ate and talked and enjoyed each other's company. In every way a better holiday than any I've ever had with my parents.

And right now I just finished off a slice of my homemade pumpkin pie because I finally had room for dessert, and it was glorious! Now for a food coma with no guilt and no fear.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

My husband and I finally had Thanksgiving off work. We've been married three years and it's the first time we've ever been able to celebrate properly. I cooked my first turkey on my own, and I'm pretty damned proud. It turned out great! Tomorrow is his birthday, so the rest of the weekend will be video games together and cheesy cute Pixar movies. Super relaxing... something we don't get often.

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
It's cold and has been snowing all morning and I am curled up on the couch under a blanket with one cat asleep on top of me and another next to me. I have a hot cup of coffee and I don't have to go anywhere all day. Life is good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Girlfriend was visiting my family with me for Thanksgiving and things were pleasant, that doesn't happen often and I'm glad it did.
Also got blown while watching Terminator 2 :buddy:

ThreeFish
Nov 4, 2006

Founder and President of The E/N Log Cabin

That is definitely the most awesome thing I have seen today. Thank you!

I was blissfully alone all day. I slept in. I didn't shower. I smoked a lot of weed. I gave my dog and cat treats every time I walked into the kitchen to fetch my own treat. I'm about to go play some rock band drums on hard like a boss. It was a most excellent day!

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation
My partner's k1 visa got approved, after over a year of dealing with US immigration. We haven't seen each other in a year and a half. She'll be here in less than two weeks. When we will be moving into our new house. Everything is amazing.

narfanator
Dec 16, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

My partner's k1 visa got approved, after over a year of dealing with US immigration. We haven't seen each other in a year and a half. She'll be here in less than two weeks. When we will be moving into our new house. Everything is amazing.

Awesome!

My day was awesome because my new job is awesome and the people are awesome and we make really cool poo poo and I know stuff and things they need to know and VINDICATION.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I found a working SNES controller while visiting family for Thanksgiving. I have only had one working controller for the past year, and now I can play Super Mario Kart with a friend! :haw:

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Today I rode 6 different trains on the metro.

6 relatively uncrowded trains that pulled up just as I walked up to the station.

There goes all my luck for the rest of 2012!

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

My day is awesome because I'm flying to meet my father in Buenos Aires and we're going to spend a week drinking our way around Mendoza. I haven't traveled with him since I was 17, and neither of us are getting younger or less busy - I'm more excited than I've been about anything in years. :dance: :roflolmao: :dance:

black.lion has a new favorite as of 15:22 on Nov 28, 2012

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Two weeks ago I was staring down the barrel of having no promising job prospects, potentially being denied unemployment benefits, facing dire impending financial problems and having to move in with my dad in rural Iowa.

Today I signed an offer letter for a job that will be significantly better than my previous job in literally every single possible way, and was informed that my previous employer's attempt to deny my unemployment claim was unsuccessful. Everything's coming up Milhouse.

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
Uni results were released today. There was one particular unit that was the most challenging one I've done thus far - Accountancy Capstone. Basically, it ties in everything you've learned thus far into one unit. It was incredibly full on, and not many people passed it.

I got a credit for it. I'm so damned relieved! :)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
My mom told me that I'm awesome :unsmith:

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
Got to sleep early enough that I woke up by myself half an hour before my alarm went off, and after I got off my boss called me and said that my contract had been renewed, so I've got a job I love for at least another six months!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

My very physical job is causing me to shrink and even holiday leftovers and junk food can't stop it. I've broken the 30 lb mark as of today and am the lightest I've ever been in my adult life.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Quiet Feet posted:

My very physical job is causing me to shrink and even holiday leftovers and junk food can't stop it. I've broken the 30 lb mark as of today and am the lightest I've ever been in my adult life.

:hfive: I also have a physically demanding job, I'm down about 40 pounds from a little over a year ago, and that is with a lovely diet (I drink mountain dew and don't really watch what I eat at all). Still about 25 pounds away from my lightest.

Also today at my job I basically got to "supervise" and stand around and watch while someone else did all the work, so that was a nice break from the norm.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Every post I've made in this thread seems to be about my job but I keep getting great news. Someone ahead of me in seniority just got an amazing government position and is quitting, which means I get full time, day time supervisor duty at one of the most important federal sites in the country.

I was told it'd take years to get to this point, but amazing luck has caused me to shoot up the career ladder in less than six months. I feel like Cedric Daniels in the last couple seasons of The Wire hopefully not with the same ending.

I was working only weekend graveyards for the last few months and already make twice as much as I've ever made. Full-time means upgraded house, car etc., I'm in shock.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
I saw a squirrel digging in our garden this morning, which reminded me that we still had carrots in there which needed to be picked. So I went and grabbed a nice haul of carrots, but the last one I picked was HUUUGE!

It weighs 14oz and is ridiculous! I laughed out loud when it popped out of the ground.

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

So I broke up with my last serious girlfriend of two years about a year and a half ago because I had major trust issues and was always waiting for her to leave me for someone better looking/more successful/bigger donged/etc and never fully invested in the relationship. Since then I have moved across the country, grown up a lot, and throughout that time we have stayed best friends and actually gotten closer than we were when we were living together.

A couple days ago, after months and months of "I do love you, but I'm not in love with you anymore" she finally caved and admitted that she's just been afraid of going back to our admittedly miserable past relationship (kinda lovely when one person is giving like 80% and the other is barely covering the remaining 20%) and her feelings for me have never diminished.

After being sheepish for a couple days, it feels like we're back to the days when we first met and we're both super excited just to talk to each other, even though we've pretty much talked every single day since we broke up. She's now planning to come visit me in February and we're both working out where we want to do our postgrad and if it would be possible to do it in at least the same state without one of us making a sacrifice on the program we want.

Just kinda feel like I'm finally moving toward the adult phase of my life and everything is falling into place for the future I want. Feels good man.

Noctone posted:

Two weeks ago I was staring down the barrel of having no promising job prospects, potentially being denied unemployment benefits, facing dire impending financial problems and having to move in with my dad in rural Iowa.

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize it was that dire. Iowa is the worst. Really glad it worked out.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

I get to hang out with tge cute guy from my last post tomorrow, he's taking me out to a fancy restaurant!

Also, got a second interview for Friday for an awesome restaurant job thats right across the street from my job now, so if I do get it, it'll be easy to get to and from both places!

narfanator
Dec 16, 2008

mr. mephistopheles posted:

So I broke up with my last serious girlfriend of two years about a year and a half ago because I had major trust issues and was always waiting for her to leave me for someone better looking/more successful/bigger donged/etc and never fully invested in the relationship. Since then I have moved across the country, grown up a lot, and throughout that time we have stayed best friends and actually gotten closer than we were when we were living together.

A couple days ago, after months and months of "I do love you, but I'm not in love with you anymore" she finally caved and admitted that she's just been afraid of going back to our admittedly miserable past relationship (kinda lovely when one person is giving like 80% and the other is barely covering the remaining 20%) and her feelings for me have never diminished.

After being sheepish for a couple days, it feels like we're back to the days when we first met and we're both super excited just to talk to each other, even though we've pretty much talked every single day since we broke up. She's now planning to come visit me in February and we're both working out where we want to do our postgrad and if it would be possible to do it in at least the same state without one of us making a sacrifice on the program we want.

Just kinda feel like I'm finally moving toward the adult phase of my life and everything is falling into place for the future I want. Feels good man.

Holy poo poo, I didn't realize it was that dire. Iowa is the worst. Really glad it worked out.

This year at Burning Man I was given a poem, and the last few lines have really stuck with me:

Burglars / Hear watchdogs inside of His / Gifts / / And run.

It's been a subtle, persistent confidence grower, as I remember it in relevant situations. After all, I'm not a burglar, and whether it's a metaphysical force or literally just the other person, they're trying to give me a gift.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

youareoffthehook posted:

I get to hang out with tge cute guy from my last post tomorrow, he's taking me out to a fancy restaurant!

Also, got a second interview for Friday for an awesome restaurant job thats right across the street from my job now, so if I do get it, it'll be easy to get to and from both places!

Great thing: date went AMAZING last night.

Bad thing: no interview.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

I got to work on a loving movie set. It was an indie movie set, but goddamn it, it was still awesome.

I got to help build sets, and now I'm both tired and satisfied with what I did. That's a good, rare thing.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Went to Dave and Buster's with some friends. We played one game, and then this random corporate chick walked up to us and handed us her corporate "free play" card, so we played videogames all night on her company's dime.

also left work an hour early.

JoltSpree
Jul 19, 2012

I didn't feel like complete poo poo for the first day in about a week. Being sick during the last couple of weeks of the semester sucks.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Happened yesterday, but my boyfriend destroyed one of his internship interviews and is scheduled to destroy another one for a larger company on Monday!

He was also dressed all GQ. I wrecked that poo poo. Wrecked it good.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Went to Dave and Buster's with some friends. We played one game, and then this random corporate chick walked up to us and handed us her corporate "free play" card, so we played videogames all night on her company's dime.

also left work an hour early.

This is the most kickass thing.

I'm actually super happy for you!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Finally getting over my cough - sporadic but less annoying - and resting a ton this weekend. Slept, watched movies, and went to a Dickens festival with my wife and good friend.

A lot of contentment after a heavy workweek and before two more.

bee
Dec 17, 2008

Do you often sing or whistle just for fun?
Today some friends that live 3 hours away drove up here just to have lunch with my boyfriend and I, and spend the afternoon with us. Love them to bits :-)

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
Free chicken fillet roll and free dinner later :dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!
Ran 3.2 kilometres in 17.5 mins. Fell short from my 20 min goal, though.

It's the longest time and distance I've ever run. And that's on top of powerlifting and weight loss.

Speaking of which, I've lost about 13 kilos. Can fit back into my size 36's.