Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

This is a pretty great intermission. :allears:

I'm guessing the entire page is just one tall flash? And none of the regular elements are actually there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

RandallODim posted:

Nope, he's only on this most recent page. And him bouncing around the afterlife is both hilarious and also question-raising. Is Caliborn affecting everything with this severe drubbing? Is it just Hussie who is getting tossed around or is the whole afterlife? Or the whole of existence?

Also what could the inconsequential thing from the start of the story be, because that's totally some foreshadowing, unless it just means the Felt intermission becoming more and more relevant.

Did you ever read that one DC Comics event where Superboy punches a wall so hard he alters the fabric of reality?

SomeColorMage
Sep 14, 2012
That was beautiful. Never stop, Hussie. :allears:

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

It becomes easier and easier to hate Caliborn with every new update.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Fix it, Felix! Heal it, Hussie!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Oh my, this intermission starring Caliborn is the best thing! I haven't laughed this hard at Homestuck in a long time.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Oh no, Strong Bad's computer got a virus aga--oh.

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

Sherrard posted:

It becomes easier and easier to hate Caliborn with every new update.

I think you mean easier to love, friend :3:

Dick Bitchwhistle
Oct 28, 2007

by Lowtax
Just imagine if the mspa servers go down for real for some reason :tinfoil:

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

piemanmoo posted:

Just imagine if the mspa servers go down for real for some reason :tinfoil:

Hurricane Sandy was Caliborn's fault. Already here, etc.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

RandallODim posted:

Also what could the inconsequential thing from the start of the story be, because that's totally some foreshadowing, unless it just means the Felt intermission becoming more and more relevant.

I figured Hussie was referring to the candy corn from Problem Sleuth. :haw:

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Cabbit posted:

Did you ever read that one DC Comics event where Superboy punches a wall so hard he alters the fabric of reality?

Oh god, now beta Dave is going to come back to life, isn't he?

For he would have a Red Hood, you see.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

RandallODim posted:

Something seemingly inconsequential that becomes increasingly relevant as the story goes on? That could be every single thing in this comic.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

CuddlyZombie posted:

I figured Hussie was referring to the candy corn from Problem Sleuth. :haw:

I think it's more just a general meditation on the way the story is constructed. Hussie saying he doesn't really know why Gamzee did some of the crazy stuff he's been doing is a great example: weird, funny things happen, and then retroactively become meaningful.

Iny
Jan 11, 2012

RandallODim posted:

Nope, he's only on this most recent page.

(The sprite itself debuted in the openbound flashes, in case anyone didn't know that i guess.)

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Yes this meta bullshit is DEFINITELY better than Doc Scratch's.

gently caress that guy.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Man the only disappointment for me is that the crowbar wasn't able to destroy Gamzee's Bullshit Clown status. I was so excited to see him getting clubbed with that thing.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
As I believe Hussie said of a previous character: "And now to make you love him."

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team
Everybody loves seeing Gamzee get hurt, even Gam is smiling after getting beaten with the crowbar.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
It seems someone is doing a fan adventure tumblr that actually looks kinda interesting! For some bizarre reason its called Ctrl Alt Del, but you can see what they got already here http://ctrl-alt-del-kidswap.tumblr.com/

Not much so far, but what they got is interesting enough.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Nov 25, 2012

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

That crowbar negates the effects of temporal artifacts, right? I don't think the tower has time properties, but Gamzee was last seen carrying a set of time boxes. It'd be bad if those were broken.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

OH GOD

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Bongo Bill posted:

That crowbar negates the effects of temporal artifacts, right? I don't think the tower has time properties, but Gamzee was last seen carrying a set of time boxes. It'd be bad if those were broken.

Well it seems to work on other things since it hosed up Vriska's clock something awful. And that wasn't temporal either.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Caliborn is basically the best. :allears:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

A big flaming stink posted:

fan adventure tumblr ... called Ctrl Alt Del
Incoming Buckley lawsuit.

CidGregor
Sep 27, 2009

TG: if i were you i would just take that fucking devilbeast out behind the woodshed and blow its head off

DaveKap posted:

Incoming Buckley lawsuit.

Terrible choice of name aside, it's actually a pretty promising start with an interesting premise. I'm willing to give it a chance.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

If this is the CAD reboot then it's better than I was expecting :v:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
God Hussie is so goofy. Who thinks of this stuff?

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

I like how if you mute the volume it just stops the music and not the clanging noises of the crowbar. Also I noticed that one of the candycorns is clickable but it doesn't seem to do anything.

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.
I hope the next panel is little sprite Hussie running around putting the site back together!

Obviously whilst Caliborn is shooting him leaving little bullet holes everywhere. :allears:

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Another glorious success in Hussie's ongoing quest to make the book version of Homestuck as much a pipedream as possible.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Nephthys posted:

Well it seems to work on other things since it hosed up Vriska's clock something awful. And that wasn't temporal either.

Well it is still a crowbar.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

A big flaming stink posted:

It seems someone is doing a fan adventure tumblr that actually looks kinda interesting! For some bizarre reason its called Ctrl Alt Del, but you can see what they got already here http://ctrl-alt-del-kidswap.tumblr.com/

Not much so far, but what they got is interesting enough.

Good gravy, my fukken eyes

Is that tumblr stuck on smart-phone view or something

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That crowbar pounding sounds a lot like the stings at the end of Revelawesome.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Well it is still a crowbar.

Magic Godtier clocks are impervious to mortal crowbars. :colbert:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Nephthys posted:

I'm pretty sure clocks are entirely temporal :v:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Mystic Mongol posted:

Another glorious success in Hussie's ongoing quest to make the book version of Homestuck as much a pipedream as possible.
On that note, I've always wondered: how does Hussie handle the Flash/music/interactive updates for the book?

Accursed Walrus
Sep 4, 2011

Do The Mario

HorseRenoir posted:

On that note, I've always wondered: how does Hussie handle the Flash/music/interactive updates for the book?

Lots of stills. It really does feel like the books are meant to be supplemental rather than a replacement.

Edit: This is why I'm waiting to see how [S] Cascade turns out.

Accursed Walrus fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 25, 2012

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

It would be kinda easy actually - you'd just go all House of Leaves on it and get creative with the usual fixed elements of typography/book layout (page numbers, headers, etc). The only thing you'd really have to worry about would be the margins, but it wouldn't cost that much more to print up to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickoniX
Dec 4, 2005

A human or elf?

NO NOT A BADGER YOU GOON

Accursed Walrus posted:

Lots of stills. It really does feel like the books are meant to be supplemental rather than a replacement.

Edit: This is why I'm waiting to see how [S] Cascade turns out.

Homestuck book 10: Cascade