Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

I have a melee relic that gives me +46% melee with backstab and killing blow bonuses. Although all of the melee I've done sucks

That's a class mod not a relic. It takes some practice to get into the swing of it but once you do you'll be one shotting anything aside from some bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I played Borderlands 2 a lot when it first came out and got my gunzerker up to level 44. Then I stopped playing. The DLC has brought me back in but my gear is totally poo poo, judging by the last two pages there are a lot of good strategies and gearbuilds people are finding. I'm wondering how do I find some of that? Who should I be raiding? Is there a website people are leaning on for information?

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
So I jumped on for the first time since Halo 4 came out, downloaded the compatibility pack and the new Carnage expansion pack - and all my Badass Ranks were gone (Challenges still all levelled). Is there a patch or fix in the works, and would it even help me now they're already gone? Kinda sucks, but at the end of the day it was only like a 5% increase in some areas so I'm not too bummed.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Marogareh posted:

That's a class mod not a relic. It takes some practice to get into the swing of it but once you do you'll be one shotting anything aside from some bosses.

I forgot that it was a class mod. I never use anything other than the Legendary Mod. I should probably clear a bunch out to make some space for more legendaries.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

echronorian posted:

I played Borderlands 2 a lot when it first came out and got my gunzerker up to level 44. Then I stopped playing. The DLC has brought me back in but my gear is totally poo poo, judging by the last two pages there are a lot of good strategies and gearbuilds people are finding. I'm wondering how do I find some of that? Who should I be raiding? Is there a website people are leaning on for information?

Your best bet for finding legendaries and decent gear is to raid/glitch into the treasure room from the Captain Scarlett DLC. You can also earn some serious scratch by picking up the valuable items, save/quit, and sell off anything you don't want to keep. You can even get the legendary class mods that are normally found on Vermivorous (the final evolved form of the varkid.)

Good Legendary/Rare Loot:

Boss - Location - Weapon

Doc Mercy - Three Horns Divide - Infinity Pistol
Jimbo and Hector Hodunk - The Dust - Slagga SMG *
Mick Zaford - The Dust - Maggie Pistol * (Try to get the Two-Fer variety)
The Warrior - Vault of the Warrior - Conference Call Shotgun
Madame Von Bartlesby - The Tundra - Baby Maker SMG
Hunter Hellquist - Arid Nexus Badlands - The Bee Shield **
BNK3R - The Bunker - The Sham Shield
Boom and Bewm - Southern Shelf - Bonus Package Grenade
Terramorphous the Invincible - Terramorphous Peak - Hide of Terramorphous shield

Frostburn Canyon - Lascaux SMG - Found in a puddle near the Spiderant Frozen Pond
Sand Hawk SMG - Quest Reward for a Captain Scarlett DLC Mission "Whoops"
Law Pistol - Quest Reward for "Won't Get Fooled Again" Available pretty early in the game. ***
Order Shield - Quest Reward for "BFFs" Available after the "Where Angels Fear to Tread" mission (Late Game) ***

* You can't get both of these items in the same playthrough unless you glitch into the treasure room or trade for one. You have to choose to side with either the Zafords or Hodunks.

** The Bee is going to be nerfed in an upcoming patch. Use it while you can. It is also unknown if the existing items will be "grandfathered" in, although I highly doubt it.

*** These two items are unremarkable when used individually, but when used together, can be used to replenish crazy amounts of health. Your R3 button will hate you though.

Edit: Most of these items can be found by glitching into the Treasure Room, although none are guaranteed to be there.

Anyone else can feel free to add on with what works for you.

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 26, 2012

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

abaddonis posted:

*** These two items are unremarkable when used individually, but when used together, can be used to replenish crazy amounts of health. Your R3 button will hate you though.

I remapped triangle to melee pretty quick playing Zer0. Leaving it R3 would have driven me crazy.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I think that the Bee nerf on PC was making it not add bonus damage to EACH shotgun pellet, just to the overall damage of the shot, cause I seem to be doing a shitload more damage with my Baby Maker then with my Quad.
Still, Pete the Invincible kicks my rear end. What is with those bosses having a unavoidable area attack of doom? Good thing I can ignore one of Petes, cause my Bee's an Alkaline :smug: Too bad the fire one always kills me.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kikas posted:

I think that the Bee nerf on PC was making it not add bonus damage to EACH shotgun pellet, just to the overall damage of the shot, cause I seem to be doing a shitload more damage with my Baby Maker then with my Quad.
Still, Pete the Invincible kicks my rear end. What is with those bosses having a unavoidable area attack of doom? Good thing I can ignore one of Petes, cause my Bee's an Alkaline :smug: Too bad the fire one always kills me.
Are you using the water valves? When he does his unavoidable area attack of doom(tm) you have to turn on a water valve and stand under the water until the DOT goes away. You have to use the valves carefully though because they spawn adds and every time you turn one the adds' levels go up.

Also the Bee isn't really a good choice for that fight because chances are your shield will never be full once you take Pete's shield down and he starts his area effect bullshit. You'd be better off with a good adaptive shield or something.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
WasN't this Torgue DLC supposed to have like heads and stuff in it?

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Feenix posted:

WasN't this Torgue DLC supposed to have like heads and stuff in it?
There are heads, you buy them in the Torgue machines with tokens.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

The Rokstar posted:

Are you using the water valves? When he does his unavoidable area attack of doom(tm) you have to turn on a water valve and stand under the water until the DOT goes away. You have to use the valves carefully though because they spawn adds and every time you turn one the adds' levels go up.

Also the Bee isn't really a good choice for that fight because chances are your shield will never be full once you take Pete's shield down and he starts his area effect bullshit. You'd be better off with a good adaptive shield or something.

Adaptive shield did jack-all for me when I tried it. The Bee works, as long as you clear out the adds (Bonus Package/Norfleet Rocket Launcher works wonders here). Play keep-away from Pete, kill the adds, let your shields get back up and Maggie him in the head repeatedly.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Neither of the DLCs add anything that can drop in the regular game do they? Me and my friend just beat Willhelm in our co-op game (not TVHM) so I'm wondering if the DLC will have anything for us. When would we be able to do the actual content, does it level to you or have a set one?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So what is the deal on refighting Piston? Is it just the Truckasaurus and no Piston? Is there no lootsplosion?

We killed Truckasaurus, he fizzled and left like 3 bullshit trash items.
The end.

CaptainCaveman
Apr 16, 2005

Always searching for North.

abaddonis posted:

* You can't get both of these items in the same playthrough unless you glitch into the treasure room or trade for one. You have to choose to side with either the Zafords or Hodunks.

There's a chance for them to show up in places other than the treasure room. I got a Maggie from the chests in the room you go through after beating Terramorphous.

Edit: Not that you can count on that kind of thing, just it's possible.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

thebardyspoon posted:

Neither of the DLCs add anything that can drop in the regular game do they? Me and my friend just beat Willhelm in our co-op game (not TVHM) so I'm wondering if the DLC will have anything for us. When would we be able to do the actual content, does it level to you or have a set one?

Both are designed to do when you finish the main story once (around level 30 in normal difficulty, 40+ in THVM.)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Aaronicon posted:

So I jumped on for the first time since Halo 4 came out, downloaded the compatibility pack and the new Carnage expansion pack - and all my Badass Ranks were gone (Challenges still all levelled). Is there a patch or fix in the works, and would it even help me now they're already gone? Kinda sucks, but at the end of the day it was only like a 5% increase in some areas so I'm not too bummed.

There's a supposed fix in the 1.2 patch, but it doesn't work 100% and you will probably not get back all the BAR that you're supposed to have. You also won't get back any skins/heads that were drops.

And no they're not changing the idiotic droprates on those either.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Kyrosiris posted:

There's a supposed fix in the 1.2 patch, but it doesn't work 100% and you will probably not get back all the BAR that you're supposed to have. You also won't get back any skins/heads that were drops.

And no they're not changing the idiotic droprates on those either.

I'm debating duping and renaming my level 50 Siren before patch hits on my Memory Unit just so I can milk as many BAR as I can out of the drat thing.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
While I'm thinking about it, wasn't there supposed to be a raid boss version of Motor Momma too? What happened with that?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Hunter Hellquist respawns, right? I just need to turn in "This Just In" first, then save and quit each time I want him to respawn? Is that the same for every boss?

PicklesMcGillicuddy
May 28, 2010

I DO NOT EAT HUMAN FOOD; I ONLY EAT
PINE CONES

Crows Turn Off posted:

Hunter Hellquist respawns, right? I just need to turn in "This Just In" first, then save and quit each time I want him to respawn? Is that the same for every boss?

For the most part, yes. A couple story bosses don't respawn, but they don't drop anything important anyway.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah pretty much. After you've turned the quest in, you can go to Arid Nexus, drive to his tower, ride up, kill him, check drops, save + quit, repeat until you get what you're looking for. I got a Bee on my 6th try I think.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Feenix posted:

So what is the deal on refighting Piston? Is it just the Truckasaurus and no Piston? Is there no lootsplosion?

We killed Truckasaurus, he fizzled and left like 3 bullshit trash items.
The end.

This. I enjoyed it but Mr. Torgue yelled LOOTSPLOSION and nothing happened.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

^burtle posted:

This. I enjoyed it but Mr. Torgue yelled LOOTSPLOSION and nothing happened.

I got the LOOTSPLOSION but by the time the credits rolled, there was a few trash weapons left and a few bars of the almost useless eridium.

Does the sham absorb elemental damage as well? If I were to go solo Pete and he hits me with one of his gently caress off insta-corrode or insta-burn, can I absorb it and take no damage?

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
My LOOTSPLOSION actually happened (the loot was very mediocre) but my credits were completely silent. Was there supposed to be music/dialogue during it?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Bugsy posted:

My LOOTSPLOSION actually happened (the loot was very mediocre) but my credits were completely silent. Was there supposed to be music/dialogue during it?

I got some dialogue at the beginning between moxxi and tiny tina.

This last DLC was very buggy and I'm kind of disappointed. I've had a few freezes happen in the tier 3 bar fight mission where there is so much going on. Also, with 4 players, there is considerable frame rate, but that isn't really related to just the DLC.

The torgue DLC was kind of just "drive here, kill X, drive here, kill Y". The tokens (and seraph crystals) are a terrible idea. I finished the DLC with just about 300 tokens (I didn't do every single mission, but I did do quite a few) and I'm nowhere close to getting an under leveled orange weapon. I have only just enough to get a head or some random purple that I can find somewhere else for 1/50th the effort. The crystals are the same thing. Why grind these 1 per day bosses for 2 weeks only to get some lovely gun that has equivalent stats to a blue or purple?

I certainly hope they will offer some kind of upgrade option in future releases, because I'll be damned if I have to hunt for oranges again when (if?) they increase the level cap. They're only going to encourage rampant hacking and modding otherwise.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
Shift codes
PS3: CJCJT-RKF53-J5C5B-ZBK33-3RCXR
PC: KJ5BJ-KTB5W-WXBJT-33JTJ-5Z9JX
X360: WTWJ3-WJTTX-6SR3R-WF3JJ-3XJK3

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

abaddonis posted:

I got some dialogue at the beginning between moxxi and tiny tina.

This last DLC was very buggy and I'm kind of disappointed. I've had a few freezes happen in the tier 3 bar fight mission where there is so much going on. Also, with 4 players, there is considerable frame rate, but that isn't really related to just the DLC.

The torgue DLC was kind of just "drive here, kill X, drive here, kill Y". The tokens (and seraph crystals) are a terrible idea. I finished the DLC with just about 300 tokens (I didn't do every single mission, but I did do quite a few) and I'm nowhere close to getting an under leveled orange weapon. I have only just enough to get a head or some random purple that I can find somewhere else for 1/50th the effort. The crystals are the same thing. Why grind these 1 per day bosses for 2 weeks only to get some lovely gun that has equivalent stats to a blue or purple?

I certainly hope they will offer some kind of upgrade option in future releases, because I'll be damned if I have to hunt for oranges again when (if?) they increase the level cap. They're only going to encourage rampant hacking and modding otherwise.

I really enjoyed BL2 pre lvl 50 because the loot was cool and readily available. Its too bad they've taken an MMO style approach with the end game and made everything a big time sink to get. Its baffling too since they have zero incentive to stretch out play time once they've got your purchase.

And not putting level 50 guns in the machine is really annoying because their almost par with the much more common purples.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Going to have to agree. The token system is ok, but the items are way too expensive. I have free time to play maybe 4 hours a week. It would literally take me 6 months to buy an orange from the vending machine. And that's without buying any other token weapons in the meantime too.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah I wasn't into duping but with drop rates like 0.8% and needing a zillion tokens to buy anything, combined with being someone who has a full time job and other obligations, I eventually gave in.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
The level 3 Bar Brawl takes less than 3 minutes to do and gives 20 tokens as the reward. And the badasses usually drop 5~ tokens as well. That's around 100 tokens every 15 minutes. Just watch out for the Rat Bastards that steal your cash.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
I got gently caress all for relics during playthrough 1 & 2. I used the same lvl 19 relic the whole time. In playthrough 2.5 it's raining relics everywhere.

AdolChristin
Jul 10, 2006
The Grand Poobah
Gildersneeze if you read this I just want to thank you for the great tutorial at:

http://www.millerstv.com/lp/BL2TRoomGlitchFINAL.html

I've been farming this chest like a madman and FINALLY got the gunzerker legendary class mod. :feelsgood:

Although I will say oranges didn't QUITE rain out of these chests the way I was expecting it was still much better than farming bosses for them.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Bugsy posted:

The level 3 Bar Brawl takes less than 3 minutes to do and gives 20 tokens as the reward. And the badasses usually drop 5~ tokens as well. That's around 100 tokens every 15 minutes. Just watch out for the Rat Bastards that steal your cash.

You don't understand. In the very few hours I do have available to me to play video games in a week, I'd rather be doing things that don't involve killing the same mobs over and over for hours. That's not fun.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

You don't understand. In the very few hours I do have available to me to play video games in a week, I'd rather be doing things that don't involve killing the same mobs over and over for hours. That's not fun.

Not to mention the freezing issues because the game can't process everything at once. It isn't freezing with multiple players, it's freezing while playing solo for me.

The idea that I want to spend 6 hours to get a weapon that is 2 levels underleveled is ridiculous.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

AdolChristin posted:

Gildersneeze if you read this I just want to thank you for the great tutorial at:

http://www.millerstv.com/lp/BL2TRoomGlitchFINAL.html

I've been farming this chest like a madman and FINALLY got the gunzerker legendary class mod. :feelsgood:

Although I will say oranges didn't QUITE rain out of these chests the way I was expecting it was still much better than farming bosses for them.

Seconding this- once you get this working consistently there is nothing better in the game for getting Oranges. I really hope one of the upcoming DLCs gives better loot innately because goddamn if I am going to do any more lvl50 grinding for poo poo. It's much more fun to start another game with a class you haven't played yet.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 26, 2012

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

abaddonis posted:

The idea that I want to spend 6 hours to get a weapon that is 2 levels underleveled is ridiculous.

Yes, at least make them level 50 if they take ~600 tokens since the average person is going to play enough to buy like one or two.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
If you want tokens just abuse the Torgue slots. Exactly the same principle as item duping.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Xguard86 posted:

I really enjoyed BL2 pre lvl 50 because the loot was cool and readily available. Its too bad they've taken an MMO style approach with the end game and made everything a big time sink to get.
I agree with this in a way.

Its not so much that loot was cool and available pre level 50, its that loot was cool and available and practical up to the end of playthrough one. After playthrough one it seems like you need to have particular pieces of equipment (that you can only get after farming a dude a bazillion times) to stand a chance and not die instantly.

Also, I've finished playthrough one with three characters so far, and not one of them has seen the bottom third of the skill tree by that time. I'd rather keep switching characters and trying their new skills than dying horribly again and again in playthrough two with the same guy so I can get down there and see what they do.

Now, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the game. I enjoy it a lot. I'm just bitter that I'm locked out of a good portion of content by having fun and not minmaxing my character or exploiting buggy code to find it.

Edit: Thanks for the shift code, dude up there. I finally snagged a purple class mod with it.

XeeD fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 27, 2012

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Regarding that, I really think for replay value it's a mistake to only have easy playthrough one that gets you to about level 35, and hard TVHM and nothing in between. Mainly because the game doesn't scale PT1 and you can only replay quests once per playthrough.

Playing the different characters is great but barely reaching the final skill in PT1 isn't, nor is constantly outlevelling areas and quests. This really takes the fun out of replaying the earlier zones for me.

But then the alternative is going on with PT2/TVHM and suddenly a lot of my fun depends on how much I min-max my loadout and spec, and that gets tiring really fast as well.

I really miss a mode that scales enemy damage and health like in PT1, but that scales quests and areas to your character level. One I could replay to mess with level 50 specs, instead of having to launch "fake difficulty mode" for MMO-style boss farming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

orcane posted:

Regarding that, I really think for replay value it's a mistake to only have easy playthrough one that gets you to about level 35, and hard TVHM and nothing in between. Mainly because the game doesn't scale PT1 and you can only replay quests once per playthrough.

Playing the different characters is great but barely reaching the final skill in PT1 isn't, nor is constantly outlevelling areas and quests. This really takes the fun out of replaying the earlier zones for me.

But then the alternative is going on with PT2/TVHM and suddenly a lot of my fun depends on how much I min-max my loadout and spec, and that gets tiring really fast as well.

I really miss a mode that scales enemy damage and health like in PT1, but that scales quests and areas to your character level. One I could replay to mess with level 50 specs, instead of having to launch "fake difficulty mode" for MMO-style boss farming.

I think part of the problem with these crazy raid bosses is that they're designing them to be beaten with the bee/cc combo. I just solo'd Pete by glitching him onto the ledge and spamming him with shotguns and a bee from behind the scaffolding so I wouldn't be hit by his nova. It took me a good 20 minutes to do that. Without the bee/glitch, I don't even know if I would have gotten his shields down

• Locked thread