Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I am probably a bad choice to send the camera to, I'm out of a job at the moment and wouldn't be able to even get film, let alone ship the camera anywhere, so count me out if people want this to get moving faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
I guess I'll have to start shooting with my own AE-1. Around here, I was going to get some of the Beach Touristy areas in the dead of winter, like I did last year. I'd be OK with it leaving the USA now, but really I want to see more results of the people it's already gone to.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ExecuDork posted:

I'm not willing to get into a dickwaving contest with a mod. Can't win - even if my wang is more doodle, I'll get slapped upside my helmet by a charge of mod sass.
:flaccid::pwn:

Having said that, getting it moving again is the priority. Either Virginia, the Midwest, Texas, or the Pacific Northwest, then across an ocean. Mannequin bowed out for this lap around the planet, so it's definately moving away from the New England area.

Virginians, Midwesterners, Texans, PWCers: convince us it should go to your region. You have until ShotgunWillie burns halfway through his roll to do so, or I will choose haphazardously and capriciously (and possibly ironically - don't make me get all hipster on your asses!).

I agree entirely. I'm sure Mannequin would do good by this camera, but send it wherever you see fit.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I've got a bunch of expired Arista b+w hanging around, and I can maybe leave a roll in the camera when I send it on, so whoever gets it next can double expose it.

Elite Taco
Feb 3, 2010
Send it to me. I'll run a roll of portra through it and send it off with a couple rolls for the next few peeps.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Chicagoon here. You will see pictures if pretty buildings and a big loving lake and maybe a hot dog or two.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Just let me know who I should send it to after I get it from Dorkasaurus.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

ExecuDork posted:

Mannequin bowed out for this lap around the planet, so it's definately moving away from the New England area.

I'm hoping it can come back around at some point, perhaps at the end. I would not like the NJ goons to get screwed over entirely.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Trevor Hale posted:

Chicagoon here. You will see pictures if pretty buildings and a big loving lake and maybe a hot dog or two.

I'm more of a Chicago suburbian. You will see the most epic photos of barren corn fields EVER. And maybe some dead prairie because it's that time of year.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

xzzy posted:

I'm more of a Chicago suburbian. You will see the most epic photos of barren corn fields EVER. And maybe some dead prairie because it's that time of year.

Send it here to South Carolina. The leaves JUST changed colors.

Man_of_Teflon
Aug 15, 2003

Apparently we need to have a meet if the camera makes it here to Chicago.

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
I agree that it needs to move out of New York and the East Coast. Considering how much time it has spent there and how it needs to move on with talk of skipping the West Coast, I've pretty much lost all interest in participating in this project. So I'm officially pulling out of Camera 'round the World.

Fatal
Jul 29, 2004

I'm gunna kill you BITCH!!!
Sign me up, PNW goon representing. I even have an old AE-1 lying around somewhere from photography class back in HS.

PM me if this works out, don't want to have to hover over this thread but I'd be down if I get picked.

Fatal fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Nov 26, 2012

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

If you ship it to the Pacific Northwest next, I'll run a roll of film through it within a week and either mail it to another PNW goon or, assuming we can properly coordinate the exchange, I'll hand it off to Miso Beno personally - he and I live about an hour apart and aught to be able to work out something. If I don't either ship or give it to someone after one week, well . . . :toxx:

Edit - alternately, send it to Pseudonordic, as leaves are pretty.

Bob Socko fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Nov 26, 2012

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That might be a good solution for this thread, toxx whoever has the camera with a one week deadline.

See how fast dudes can burn a roll when their :10bux: is on the line. :colbert:

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

xzzy posted:

That might be a good solution for this thread, toxx whoever has the camera with a one week deadline.

See how fast dudes can burn a roll when their :10bux: is on the line. :colbert:

I support this method.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Third'd. If you take more than a week to shoot the most interesting/iconic stuff around you, you're not trying :colbert:

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Who wants this thing? I'll throw in a roll of Portra 160 or Portra 400 to the next person if they want it.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Trevor Hale posted:

I support this method.

Nope.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -