Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Has anybody gotten any information about Tiny Tina's Cobra yet?

EDIT: Cool just found out there's a .88 chance a member of the Burner gang drop it in the Beatdown.

JackDarko fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Everything so far is either a rumor or someone modded one in. Some guys looked at all the loot pools and no one drops it so it's either a reward that wasn't implemented correctly or it's extremely well hidden like the Rider in the first game.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Marogareh posted:

Everything so far is either a rumor or someone modded one in. Some guys looked at all the loot pools and no one drops it so it's either a reward that wasn't implemented correctly or it's extremely well hidden like the Rider in the first game.

No that was a direct thing from Gearbox staff.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Marogareh posted:

PC thread has this dev quote (I think it's from the Gearbox forum but there's no source in the post):
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3504490&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=290#post409958435

(it's the Burners, actually)

It's definitely real and drops, but as a random drop from regular enemies with an unsurprisingly low drop rate.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Wow that's real loving dumb tying it to some forgettable trash mob instead of a unique or a boss at the very least. Christ that .88% is the icing on the cake and it's no wonder people dupe and cheat their way to one.

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
more shift codes
PS3: WTC3T-9KXWB-TW55T-SBWJJ-6JHBJ
PC: W35TT-XTTWK-KXTBT-BJBJJ-9FKCW
X360: WBWB3-FJ3TF-6HR3X-WFBJJ-BH3TT

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I honestly don't even see the point of these Shift codes anymore unless that chest's gonna start popping out oranges. I've been playing the game for weeks and have found a grand total of four oranges: a level 48 Bee, a level 50 Bee, a level 50 Volcano, and a level 50 Fire Bee grenade. I'm tired of farming and I'm about to just ask people to dupe poo poo for me.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

Marogareh posted:

Wow that's real loving dumb tying it to some forgettable trash mob instead of a unique or a boss at the very least. Christ that .88% is the icing on the cake and it's no wonder people dupe and cheat their way to one.

Yeah how am I supposed to get this thing, it's a .88 for any sniper rifle drop which means that it is an even lower drop rate considering they have to drop a sniper rifle first.

What are the odds of them dropping a ordinary sniper rifle?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

JackDarko posted:

Yeah how am I supposed to get this thing, it's a .88 for any sniper rifle drop which means that it is an even lower drop rate considering they have to drop a sniper rifle first.

What are the odds of them dropping a ordinary sniper rifle?

After farming for about an hour, I would say you're lucky to get them to consistently drop something other than cash or white level grenades

Edit: theoretically, the odds of finding a Tiny Tina Cobra is 1 in 87 bazillion, right?

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Nov 27, 2012

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I've seen people post issues with their badass ranks resetting, etc., but I just had something else happen that is similar but different. My badass rank is still the same number it always was, but the game un-completed a bunch of challenges for me. Basically any area specific ones that AREN'T Cult of the Vault ones. So the ones about killing Midge Mong before he can summon back-up, or clipping Donkey Mong's tie, all that poo poo. Has anyone had this happen to them before?

If that is all erased, I will be very annoyed, since I am (was) only a few challenges away from getting the stupid achievement. :mad:

e: According to this thing I googled (http://www.gamespot.com/borderlands-2/forum/some-location-challenges-reset-in-tvhm-64743238) I'm not the only one, and sometimes they come back. They better come back!

e2: OKAY so apparently it's just a stupid bug where if you are in one of the DLC zones and check your challenges, they will show up as not completed even if they are. Mystery solved

The Berzerker fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Nov 27, 2012

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

DLC scaling question for which I cannot seem to find a definitive answer: in play through 2, is it best to wait until finishing the story (play through 2.5) or does the DLC scale to 50 as soon as you hit 50? I heave read conflicting reports on how it actually scales and don't want to screw myself out of level 50 DLC loot...

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Man, I just cannot beat super badass maniacs in TVHM. I mean, reliably. After a few or a dozen deaths something will go right and I'll be able to get enough critical hits in, but most of the time it's (as Zero) throw a grenade, stealth, throw a kunai, get around behind him, shotgun to the back of the head over and over again...and that takes out his shields. Then he sends me into fight for your life mode with one hit, and after that I just empty all of my weapons in order into his head but still don't do enough damage to kill him, respawn, repeat. There are never any other enemies around either (on the firehawk mission) so I can never revive.

Is there something fundamental I am missing?

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 27, 2012

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

If someone could dupe me a Conference Call I'd be very grateful. I'll be on most nights this week.

PSN: Glitchtastic

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Samurai Sanders posted:

Man, I just cannot beat super badass maniacs in TVHM. I mean, reliably. After a few or a dozen deaths something will go right and I'll be able to get enough critical hits in, but most of the time it's (as Zero) throw a grenade, stealth, throw a kunai, get around behind him, shotgun to the back of the head over and over again...and that takes out his shields. Then he sends me into fight for your life mode with one hit, and after that I just empty all of my weapons in order into his head but still don't do enough damage to kill him, respawn, repeat. There are never any other enemies around either (on the firehawk mission) so I can never revive.

No, its pretty much shoot them until they die, Badass enemies have always been nothing more than bullet sponges.

MoreMetalBrian
Oct 20, 2009

Well, I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

Ultimate Mango posted:

DLC scaling question for which I cannot seem to find a definitive answer: in play through 2, is it best to wait until finishing the story (play through 2.5) or does the DLC scale to 50 as soon as you hit 50? I heave read conflicting reports on how it actually scales and don't want to screw myself out of level 50 DLC loot...

The DLC won't scale to 50 if you are not in Playthrough 2.5 (beaten the Warrior in TVHM). Even if you hit Level 50, if you attempt the DLC, the enemies will be around level 45-48 (in my experience, at least).
I found this out by going to Oasis at level 47 and level 50, with the first DLC quest still accepted/active. Enemies were leveled 45-46. As soon as I beat the Warrior and turned in that quest to Shade, everything bumped up to Level 50.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Samurai Sanders posted:

One thing you could try is using singularity grenades. Toss one and keep running, the grenade's black hole will suck the enemy in which gives you a few free shots, then just keep doing that. It helps keep the enemy in one spot and gives you some distance.

Ashekaban
Aug 30, 2011

You don't need to do the Level specific challenges.

Only the Gun / Killing ones.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

abaddonis posted:

After farming for about an hour, I would say you're lucky to get them to consistently drop something other than cash or white level grenades

Edit: theoretically, the odds of finding a Tiny Tina Cobra is 1 in 87 bazillion, right?

I've gotten 6 regular sniper rifles from them now, by the calculations of someone smarter than me only 121 more before I statistically get a Cobra.

:negative:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

MoreMetalBrian posted:

The DLC won't scale to 50 if you are not in Playthrough 2.5 (beaten the Warrior in TVHM). Even if you hit Level 50, if you attempt the DLC, the enemies will be around level 45-48 (in my experience, at least).
I found this out by going to Oasis at level 47 and level 50, with the first DLC quest still accepted/active. Enemies were leveled 45-46. As soon as I beat the Warrior and turned in that quest to Shade, everything bumped up to Level 50.

And of course at least Scarlett has some good stuff that you will want at level 50, so I'll just plow through to the end. At 46 now, so would be dumb to do Torgue in playthough 1. Its going to be a long grind to 2.5. I don't have any decent corrosives and its all robots all the time right now. Even with 400 anarchy I get raped when there are more than two enemies around, even when I try to take cover.

ClemenSalad
Oct 25, 2012

by Lowtax

Samurai Sanders posted:

Learn to think of your deception as a giant grenade and put 5 points in unforeseen with a class mod if possible. I got through TVHM solo without too many hangups.

JackDarko posted:

I've gotten 6 regular sniper rifles from them now, by the calculations of someone smarter than me only 121 more before I statistically get a Cobra.

:negative:

Assuming I don't suck at math, statistically there's only a 66% chance of getting one if you do it 121 times. ((.9912^121)-1) :smith:

ClemenSalad fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Nov 27, 2012

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Are you throwing just one batch or all of them? If all else fails bring out the Bandit/Torgue rocket launchers.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Marogareh posted:

Are you throwing just one batch or all of them? If all else fails bring out the Bandit/Torgue rocket launchers.
One...I think? I only got that ability a while ago and I don't really understand how it works.

Corwin72
Sep 19, 2004

Kill the Flatscans
Pillbug
Does anyone have a L50 Britva Lyuda that they would mind duping? I would be eternally grateful. I have a 50 bee and big badaboom that I would dupe in return.
gamer tag CoreySDuncan

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

One...I think? I only got that ability a while ago and I don't really understand how it works.

You can jam on the button and throw up to five per deception. That's usually enough to kill or really badly hurt anything that isn't a boss even in TVHM.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Those drat kunai are such a gamechanger for Zer0. Load the big bad guy up with 'em and deliver a 3-barreled Torgue shotgun blast to their back (or a Jakobs Quad shot to the head) and they're basically done. Also Killing Bl0w is pretty good for clawing your way out of FFYL when a low health big-bad-melee enemy manages to get ya.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

...! posted:

If someone could dupe me a Conference Call I'd be very grateful. I'll be on most nights this week.

PSN: Glitchtastic

I got you. Friend add coming from burtology but I'm working til 10 EST tonight.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Will the treasure room scale to lv.50 after I beat the Warrior in TVHM, even though I already repeated the 'treasure of the sands' quest?

Or am I stuck with a rubbish lv.43 treasure room forever with that character?

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
shift codes
PS3: C3WBT-TX6C3-T55CB-HTWTJ-KZHB5
PC: 535JT-SBJ5C-WF33J-JBTBT-Z35WX
X360: KJKJ3-ZBT3F-F9RB6-56JTB-ZKZXF

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

Samurai Sanders posted:

Well first of all use an electric weapon to rip shields away.
I haven't played zero but maybe you could use deception as an escape mechanism instead of an attack vector. When he gets close use deception to get some distance, by the time he gets close again hopefully deception is ready.

Ultimate Mango posted:

And of course at least Scarlett has some good stuff that you will want at level 50, so I'll just plow through to the end. At 46 now, so would be dumb to do Torgue in playthough 1. Its going to be a long grind to 2.5. I don't have any decent corrosives and its all robots all the time right now. Even with 400 anarchy I get raped when there are more than two enemies around, even when I try to take cover.

Just get another Moxxi's Bad Touch for corrosive. If you already got one you will have to have a fresh character get it (join a new character in splitscreen, trade the money to that character, tip moxxi until she gives the gun).

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Monkey Fracas posted:

Those drat kunai are such a gamechanger for Zer0. Load the big bad guy up with 'em and deliver a 3-barreled Torgue shotgun blast to their back (or a Jakobs Quad shot to the head) and they're basically done. Also Killing Bl0w is pretty good for clawing your way out of FFYL when a low health big-bad-melee enemy manages to get ya.
Are you saying that the kunai effect stacks? I thought it was the same as melee attacks with that other ability, a one time defense lowering.

Also, are they really meant to do damage, or just inflict that status effect?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Samurai Sanders posted:

Are you saying that the kunai effect stacks? I thought it was the same as melee attacks with that other ability, a one time defense lowering.

Also, are they really meant to do damage, or just inflict that status effect?

Slag/death mark don't stack past the initial application, but when you have 16 kunai (+4 more slag) following your first volley within the space of a second with each dealing more than double damage, that adds up to a Metric Fuckton of damage, on top of which you add your deception crit. Not much can stand up to that.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Well anyway, I finally got through the fight in that circular room during the firehawk mission, mostly by running around in circles with the maniacs chasing me waiting for my power cooldown time to end. But yeah, in the future I will throw more kunais. I didn't know they were intended to do damage, only debuff.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

ClemenSalad posted:

Learn to think of your deception as a giant grenade and put 5 points in unforeseen with a class mod if possible. I got through TVHM solo without too many hangups.

Assuming I don't suck at math, statistically there's only a 66% chance of getting one if you do it 121 times. ((.9912^121)-1) :smith:

I think this is how the drops work in this game. When killed (or possibly when the enemy spawns,) a random number is generated that corresponds to a drop list/loot table in the case of certain bosses. The cobra is on that list .88% of the tables for the burner gang. So if there 1000 possible drops, approximately 9 of them are a cobra.

So, the good news is that for every enemy you kill, you have the same chance of getting the cobra on the first try as the 10,000th try. The bad news is that you have a less than 1% chance of getting it every time you kill a burner.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Mr Phillby posted:

Will the treasure room scale to lv.50 after I beat the Warrior in TVHM, even though I already repeated the 'treasure of the sands' quest?

Or am I stuck with a rubbish lv.43 treasure room forever with that character?

Yes, it will scale

...!
Oct 5, 2003

^burtle posted:

I got you. Friend add coming from burtology but I'm working til 10 EST tonight.

Thanks!

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Anyone who could dupe me a Deliverance or Legendary Berserker mod?

burtology on PS3.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I really wish I hadn't bought the drat season pass for this game. I honestly can't loving believe that they did another DLC with a loving arena. And if you die, you get to start all the loving way over! Why would anyone want this?

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...
I am sick of trying to farm this drat conference call… I will shower a border goon with love if they pop in and help me dupe one… or any other badass poo poo. If you just wanna get kill some jerks I'm game too!

PSN: OMGlysergic

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

...! posted:

I really wish I hadn't bought the drat season pass for this game. I honestly can't loving believe that they did another DLC with a loving arena. And if you die, you get to start all the loving way over! Why would anyone want this?

... what? The DLC might not be everything we hoped and dreamed for but it's certainly not just one big arena. It's not like the Moxxi DLC from the first game at all. Have you played it yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

bonzaisushi posted:

I am sick of trying to farm this drat conference call… I will shower a border goon with love if they pop in and help me dupe one… or any other badass poo poo. If you just wanna get kill some jerks I'm game too!

PSN: OMGlysergic

I got you, burtology on PSN, I'll be on around 6 PM EST.

• Locked thread