Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

VogeGandire posted:

Yeah, British one is too, I want to get onto US-Flix. Just not sure if it's worth extra money on top of the Netflix fee, when I could just use spotflux and sacrifice internet speed.

Tunnel Bear is pretty good. Works for US and UK sites. There's a free version that gives you 500mb per month and if you send a tweet about them they give you an extra 1gb, although I sent it and it didn't seem to work. May have just been missed. Only used it a couple of times to watch stuff on the iPlayer and it worked fine. One of the times I had to refresh it a couple of times, but once it started working was perfect on iPlayer HD. The paid version is unlimited and only $5. Haven't had the need to pay for it, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mellomeh
Jun 12, 2006
Media Hint is completely free, no limits. It also means you can watch Hulu.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Jonnty posted:

I think the part I most liked about the Johnson eulogy scene was him leaning on the side of the pulpit thingy rather than standing behind it. Every last detail, perfect.

Yeah, it was fantastic. Although, this is my favourite Johnson moment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05yqc1xE7dg

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Mellomeh posted:

Deadly, I'll check that one out.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Mellomeh posted:

God-drat, this is perfect. Thanks so much for this.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Half of Him And Her is on iPlayer and nobody thought to mention this?

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

Mellomeh posted:

It's not working on the Comedy Central website, I just want to watch The Other Cubicle dammnit.

Mr Stabby
Sep 12, 2007
stab stab stab
Did anyone catch Kookyville on C4 after Peep Show? Who in gods name allowed something that bad to happen? I've never seen something so completely terrible in every single way.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
You didn't watch it all did you? We gave it 2 sketches to show any amount of promise, then switched over after a minute of bored silence. Unless you have no hands you really should have turned over too...

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

Mark's becoming a little too unambiguously evil in that last episode of Peep Show, but it was still a cracker. Johnson talking about how everyone can enjoy the separating of the week from the strong in his eulogy was fantastic. My favourite Johnson moment still has to be his "wireless printer" bit. Windows ME, never been bettered.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Wafflecop posted:

It's not working on the Comedy Central website, I just want to watch The Other Cubicle dammnit.

I wanted to watch some Daily Show stuff, sucks. But it works on Hulu, that's pretty good.

Mr Stabby posted:

Did anyone catch Kookyville on C4 after Peep Show? Who in gods name allowed something that bad to happen? I've never seen something so completely terrible in every single way.

From what other people have said here, watch Full English.

Babbage
Sep 6, 2010

onoflalks posted:

I wanted to watch some Daily Show stuff, sucks. But it works on Hulu, that's pretty good.

If you're on Firefox you can do this by installing a certain add-on, you just need to follow the instructions here. It works for the other Comedy Central programmes too, Wafflecop.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

SeanBeansShako posted:

Half of Him And Her is on iPlayer and nobody thought to mention this?

Paul is properly one of the scariest characters on TV in anything. They need to have a couple of episodes without the sister as well, she's starting to wear thin.

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past

Howards Bellend posted:

Mark's becoming a little too unambiguously evil in that last episode of Peep Show, but it was still a cracker. Johnson talking about how everyone can enjoy the separating of the week from the strong in his eulogy was fantastic. My favourite Johnson moment still has to be his "wireless printer" bit. Windows ME, never been bettered.

Vista! Johnson's never upgrading from Vista.

And don't thank him, thank the Microsoft Office family. Word, Excel and Powerpoint, the three amigos!

This wasn't the best episode but it was funny enough. I did absolutely love the Gerrard cake, and the curry-off.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2012/nov/26/merlin-has-been-cancelled

Aah, no, Merlin had just been cancelled, sadness :(. What are families with boy children between the ages of 5-12 supposed to put on the TV on a Saturday night now? (Okay, Doctor Who, but that's only got 6 episodes next year or something...)

I'll miss it. Especially the perpetually shirtless Knights of the Round Table, Richard Wilsons' horrible sentient wig and placing bets on just how low-cut Guineveres' dresses could get without provoking a storm of complaints from the Daily Mail.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Paul is properly one of the scariest characters on TV in anything. They need to have a couple of episodes without the sister as well, she's starting to wear thin.

Every city, every town and every village in this country has a Paul. They are bastards.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Irisi posted:

Richard Wilsons' horrible sentient wig and placing bets on just how low-cut Guineveres' dresses could get without provoking a storm of complaints from the Daily Mail.

Both of these will be sorely missed.

Metrication
Dec 12, 2010

Raskin had one problem: Jobs regarded him as an insufferable theorist or, to use Jobs's own more precise terminology, "a shithead who sucks".
New Peep Show was excellent, the curry bit was the best part for me.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Fat Guy Sexting posted:

Yeah, she used to be the best thing in it, but only when not used too much. There's been a bit too much focus on her this series so far. Although I haven't seen the third ep yet.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

I loved the new Peep Show, and maybe its just because I can't really remember much of the last series, but I was really taken aback by just how much Mark is a total poo poo now. Jeremy's therapy bit and Mark's interview were probably my favourite scenes. Those writers are just the best, they've also been making Fresh Meat absolutely shine through some dodgey casting decisions and poo poo acting.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I always thought that Mark was at least a half decent human being, but then if you go back to the first episode, he tries to impress his neighbour by mocking Jez's music and he humiliates him by doing so.

Mark has always been a complete and total bastard, and hes really creepy at times. But because you're hearing all of his thoughts, you empathise with him and sort of forget how much of a wanker he really is.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Same with Jez too.

EDIT: Both are quite normal compared to Beckys sister in Him And Her, who I wish she'd stop showing up as I'm now on constant cringe with every single loving thing she says now. Go away insane fictional woman.

Also, by episode four I'm betting he will utterly have hosed up his relationship with Dobby.

SeanBeansShako fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Nov 27, 2012

Whitefish
May 31, 2005

After the old god has been assassinated, I am ready to rule the waves.
I quite enjoyed the fact that Mark's excitement about his job overpowered his insecurity about his relationship with Dobby. It was nice to see him feeling a bit positive about things...even though he was being horrible.

thehustler
Apr 17, 2004

I am very curious about this little crescendo
Remember that episode of the Inbetweeners where Will has to dump the tall girl, and he's really done nothing wrong, and gets poo poo on from a tall height, and everybody hates him even though it's not really his fault?

That's basically how I feel about Mark in Peep Show. It's not always his fault, and he still gets shat on.

Sometimes it is his fault though, and then you remember that he can be an utter bellend at times.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
Mark is way more of a poo poo than Jeremy. At least Jez is capable of naively, id-ishly enjoying things, Mark has no real interests apart from making other people miserable. Like, at least Jez enjoyed making 'music', Mark couldn't even enjoy doing well in an interview with going "Har har I made the other interviewees look bad and Gerard's dead!"

That said, if I was one of them I would totally be Mark. And I like to think the Jeremy in my life would have put on a much better show in a curry standoff situation, he only took a couple of bites, pathetic :colbert:

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

To be fair, Mark has always been a terrible person. They do seem to be taking his neuroses over the top though.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

thehustler posted:

Sometimes it is his fault though, and then you remember that he can be an utter bellend at times.

His snarky suspicious over the clearly reformed Super Hans at the start really confirms this. Then again we saw his prick of a dad in that christmas special so it really is no surprise Mark is incredibly twisted.

The Dark Project
Jun 25, 2007

Give it to me straight...
I do hope that Peep Show gets it's own thread. As others have said, it is so cringe inducing, but still fantastic.

One thing I do wish though is to have some of the main characters have at least one win that lasts for a time. I've noticed this with the TV show 'Miranda', and whilst I love Miranda Hart dearly, when watching her show I wish she could have a win now and again so it's not always constantly being humbled, but that there can be parts of levity in good times as well.

Doesn't have to be huge, but makes a nice break from constant cringing.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

The Dark Project posted:

I do hope that Peep Show gets it's own thread. As others have said, it is so cringe inducing, but still fantastic.

One thing I do wish though is to have some of the main characters have at least one win that lasts for a time. I've noticed this with the TV show 'Miranda', and whilst I love Miranda Hart dearly, when watching her show I wish she could have a win now and again so it's not always constantly being humbled, but that there can be parts of levity in good times as well.

I think this is what I liked about Gavin and Stacey - there'd be so many situations where the writers could have just let the obvious worst possible thing happen to the characters and instead chose to have a happier outcome. It obviously wouldn't work in every show, but when so much of comedy relies on life being awful for everyone, it's nice to have a break from it now and again.

EddieDean
Nov 17, 2009

The Dark Project posted:

I can't even remember the context, but now I just have a vision of Jeremy joyously dancing 'Ole Ole! Ole Ole!'

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Irisi posted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2012/nov/26/merlin-has-been-cancelled

Aah, no, Merlin had just been cancelled, sadness :(. What are families with boy children between the ages of 5-12 supposed to put on the TV on a Saturday night now? (Okay, Doctor Who, but that's only got 6 episodes next year or something...)

I'll miss it. Especially the perpetually shirtless Knights of the Round Table, Richard Wilsons' horrible sentient wig and placing bets on just how low-cut Guineveres' dresses could get without provoking a storm of complaints from the Daily Mail.

I'm pretty sure that you could condense the entirety of the plot so far into 24 episodes. It's sad that they haven't done any of the big moments, but at the current glacial pace you'd need to wait until series 15 before the actual ending. The plot has pretty much been the same for three years. My 11 year old cousin is bored of it because nothing different ever happens.

It's a shame, because it's a nice setting and had a few really good episodes. It was better than Camelot at least.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Jonnty posted:

I think this is what I liked about Gavin and Stacey - there'd be so many situations where the writers could have just let the obvious worst possible thing happen to the characters and instead chose to have a happier outcome. It obviously wouldn't work in every show, but when so much of comedy relies on life being awful for everyone, it's nice to have a break from it now and again.
The worst example of this was in the episode with the Australian woman who pretend to be attracted to Mark in order to live in the flat rent-free. God, that had the most depressing ending.

Even the episode in which Mark actually had something good going (pretending to be an undergraduate student and falling for that student) ended pretty badly because of his short-sightedness.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Just remembered the "and we've agreed not to discuss whether or not I think this is a good idea" bit. Aaaah.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

The closest Peep Show gets to a happy ending is a bittersweet one, like the ending of the wedding.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Just like Mitchel and Webb have mused, Mark and Jeremy will just have each other and decades of bitterness instead of a vaguely simply uncomplicated lives.

I hope they do a one off special a twenty years later where we see them awkwardly bumble around one last time.

Then elderly Mark 'accidentally' leaves the gas on.

Bleak.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Not one post about the latest Limmy's Show episode? It was utterly brilliant pretty much the whole way through

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

I'm hoping for a Bottom reunion in a similar vein, though Rik Mayall has had a few heart attacks and Adrian Edmonson presents awful twee shows that air in the late afternoon.

Though after looking for examples of Ade Edmonson's recent awfulness I managed to find that they are actually doing a Bottom Reunion anyway: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2192565/Ade-Edmonson-Rik-Mayall-reunite-new-episodes-Bottom.html

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

No.

Thats not possible.

What happened to dignity guys!

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

Ade recently said that when they sat down to write together again the magic wasn't there, so the reunion's off.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2012/10/16/16318/pants!_bottom_reunion_called_off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

FreakyZoid posted:

Ade recently said that when they sat down to write together again the magic wasn't there, so the reunion's off.

http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2012/10/16/16318/pants!_bottom_reunion_called_off

Sadly, the Danger Brothers time is long over. Ade makes some decent music. And Rik? well. He is Rik.

Also reguarding him and her, Dan seems to have morphed from a slightly goony loner to a strange gross troll with no social boundries what so ever. It is disturbing to watch.