Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Superstring posted:

Spoil it! Let your failure serve as a lesson for the rest of us!

My failure, too, apparently. I could not resist the PerSwagna playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Superstring posted:

Spoil it! Let your failure serve as a lesson for the rest of us!

Valentine's Day is lovely as poo poo because you have to choose just one girl and tell the rest that you won't be with them. They are...less than pleased. It does a really good job of making you feel like a shithead. Like, it's some of the best (worst?) "you are a scumbag" writing I've ever seen in a game.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

Ahaha, suddenly I want to date everyone just to see that.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I did this and it loving crushed me. Yukiko questions whether or not you really think of her as your girlfriend, Rise straight up breaks down and cries.

I ended up picking Chie as my Vday date and it was the most adorable thing ever so I guess it balances it out somewhat.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I don't know if I can do that, but it's too late to start over, gently caress. :negative:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I take back what I said about starting a second playthrough early. This makes things so much easier, holy poo poo. Plus, it's really really easy to get back to where you were before on Very Easy, it's taken me a tenth as long to catch up :v:

Phalex
May 14, 2002

Regarding dating: Can you still max out your social links with the other female characters without making them your girlfriend? I don't want to feel bad about breaking make-believe cartoon characters' hearts :smith:, but I still want to fuse a level 10 dick monster :unsmith:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Yes, just pick the other option when the lover flag shows up(it's usually super obvious).

RentCavalier
Jul 10, 2008

by T. Finninho

Phalex posted:

Regarding dating: Can you still max out your social links with the other female characters without making them your girlfriend? I don't want to feel bad about breaking make-believe cartoon characters' hearts :smith:, but I still want to fuse a level 10 dick monster :unsmith:

I believe you have always been able to do that.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Also unless there's another dick monster I'm unaware of, the social link for Mara is with a dude anyway.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

OmegaZultan posted:

yes, just pick the other option when the lover flag shows up(it's usually super obvious).

Except for Rise's. It felt like a drat trap. Watch your close friend cry her eyes out, or lend her your shoulder?

e: T've been listening to Hee! Hee! Ho! for 30 minutes without realising it.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Nov 28, 2012

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Endgame spoiler question:

Do you have to romance Marie to unlock the new dungeon, or just max her social link? Getting mixed messages on that from just googling around.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

just max the link.

krystal.lynn
Mar 8, 2007

Good n' Goomy
Cool, thanks.

more endgame spoilers: Relevant to the Valentine's event discussion. I'll be sleepless for weeks if I make my animes cry.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

OmegaZultan posted:

I did this and it loving crushed me. Yukiko questions whether or not you really think of her as your girlfriend, Rise straight up breaks down and cries.

I ended up picking Chie as my Vday date and it was the most adorable thing ever so I guess it balances it out somewhat.

I want to see a youtube video of pure heartbreak for all the characters. I mean, I'm not going to do that myself so it's the only way.

Thundercracker fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Nov 28, 2012

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I can't stand to see people sad and heartbroken, fake anime or not :(

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Haha while reading this at first I was thinking "You weak goons, lamenting over your animes!"

Then I double checked all my social links and spent the next few minutes deciding which single girl I would date so not to make the others sad.

Dammit.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I never had the heart to do the player route in the first place. Anime girls have feelings too :smith:

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

To go back to non-heartbreaking subjects: I think Chie's kung fu costume just changed her victory pose. She put her fist to her palm and bowed her head instead of doing a kick-flip.

e: Yukiko's yukata changes her pose, too. Now to check Yosuke's stuff.

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 28, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Schubalts posted:

To go back to non-heartbreaking subjects: I think Chie's kung fu costume just changed her victory pose. She put her fist to her palm and bowed her head instead of doing a kick-flip.

All the costumes do this for all the characters. The MC gets a pretty cool Dojima uniform that makes him do a Chie-style backflip when the fight ends (and also defies gravity with his coat he holds over his shoulder).

On that note, what the gently caress is with the costume you get for Naoto from Kashiwagi :catstare:

As for all the 'my anime girl' stuff, I usually play as a nice but also two-faced guy in my RPG's. Seeing fake people unhappy makes real me unhappy. Especially games like this that are written well enough so that you start caring about them.

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Nov 28, 2012

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

There's a few costumes that have new victory poses, the Featherman set has every do a nifty sentai pose. And the hardboiled look for MC has him throwing a coat over his shoulder Dojima style.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Incidentally, when do the Featherman costumes become available, and what is the method to acquire them?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yea, is there a list of how to get all of the costumes?

Captain Corduroy
Mar 31, 2007

We find the source of the problem, and we throw dragons at it.
(Gameplay) How do you get the third persona versions for the main cast?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Captain Corduroy posted:

(Gameplay) How do you get the third persona versions for the main cast?

After January 10th, hang out with a party member and they'll get it. They'll all be where they usually are and on the same schedule and whatnot, except Teddie who is over in Junes. Also his third tier persona's skill is uh....interesting?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Were non-active members able to do follow-up attacks before? Teddie just skated in and drill-kicked a shadow!

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Featherman costume set shows up at the store fairly late in the game, its the before last costume set that shows up at that store, I wanna say.

Other costumes I've gotten from petting the fox's head before going into dungeons, though I'm unclear if he gives them to you because of certain days or social link rank.

Also I think you can get some from quests? I didn't complete any except for fox ones last playthrough.

edit:^^^^^ They weren't, it's a byproduct of the new bike stuff. Teddie just happens to use rollerskates instead of a scooter.

Zaggitz fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 28, 2012

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Cannot Find Server posted:

After January 10th, hang out with a party member and they'll get it. They'll all be where they usually are and on the same schedule and whatnot, except Teddie who is over in Junes. Also his third tier persona's skill is uh....interesting?

A note to add about this. Wait for them to come to you at lunchtime and suggest you hang out, if you hang out with them before then nothing will happen.

Superstring
Jul 22, 2007

I thought I was going insane for a second.

Schubalts posted:

Were non-active members able to do follow-up attacks before? Teddie just skated in and drill-kicked a shadow!

I've had Yosuke ride in on his moped and ram an enemy before. No wonder his bike is always broken and poo poo!

OMGzKakaniz
Mar 13, 2007

up-and coming pokemon trainer

:love: Justice
So I just got to the part of the school camp trip and passed up the hanged man social link. I did the after school work in the schools nurses station but did not visit Naoki the days afterwards. Will he still show up or did I screw myself out of that social link? Does it really even matter (this is my first time playing P4)? I'm incredibly clueless about most of this game but it's incredibly fun. May have to pick up Persona 3 on PSP afterward if it's anywhere near as fun.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Just a quick bit of advice: don't romance all the girls in this game. They made it matter this time if you do. They made it REALLY matter this time :smithicide:

gently caress. I just finished my 3rd one.

dethblud
Nov 25, 2002

My drill will pierce the heavens!
I got the P4G edition that comes with the sticker for the front of your Vita. Atlus made a bunch of downloadable wallpapers that line up with the sticker, but I was disappointed that there wasn't one of my favorite character.

So I made one myself.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

dethblud fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Nov 28, 2012

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My Vita is now a portal to the Meat Dimension.

Romance talk: I learned about the Valentine's Day... surprise after I'd already maxed out most of the female links. Looks like I'll be in for a... surprise?

Maybe I'll just opt for NG+ off of the bad ending :smith:

Mr. Funtime
Aug 20, 2012

OMGzKakaniz posted:

So I just got to the part of the school camp trip and passed up the hanged man social link. I did the after school work in the schools nurses station but did not visit Naoki the days afterwards. Will he still show up or did I screw myself out of that social link? Does it really even matter (this is my first time playing P4)? I'm incredibly clueless about most of this game but it's incredibly fun. May have to pick up Persona 3 on PSP afterward if it's anywhere near as fun.

He should still show up on the first floor of the school near the stairs. Just talk to him a few times and his social link should start up. I don't believe he goes away since I started the social link fairly late in vanilla P4.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

e: dp

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I don't see spacy girl anywhere, not satisfied. :colbert:

Moldy Taxes posted:

My Vita is now a portal to the Meat Dimension.

Romance talk: I learned about the Valentine's Day... surprise after I'd already maxed out most of the female links. Looks like I'll be in for a... surprise?

Maybe I'll just opt for NG+ off of the bad ending :smith:

That's not such a bad idea. It makes the game overall easier and opens up some new stuff.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pollyanna posted:

I don't see spacy girl anywhere, not satisfied. :colbert:

That's not such a bad idea. It makes the game overall easier and opens up some new stuff.

Doesn't that lock you out of the boss fight with Margaret on NG+? I mean, it is sort of a next to impossible fight not everyone would care about doing, but still.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Strange Quark posted:

Doesn't that lock you out of the boss fight with Margaret on NG+? I mean, it is sort of a next to impossible fight not everyone would care about doing, but still.

Oh well, I'll just start another playthrough if I feel like it. :v:

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

dethblud posted:

I got the P4G edition that comes with the sticker for the front of your Vita. Atlus made a bunch of downloadable wallpapers that line up with the sticker, but I was disappointed that there wasn't one of my favorite character.

So I made one myself.

I grabbed this from a friend, may need resizing as I haven't used it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Just a quick bit of advice: don't romance all the girls in this game. They made it matter this time if you do. They made it REALLY matter this time :smithicide:

Does it affect you link stats if you maxed them out?

• Locked thread