Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Catullus
Oct 1, 2003

Guys, i need help on where to level.
Currently level 84 wizard kiting in toskirakk and even doing the weak boars with lesson on it's slow as all hell. Planning on getting some more AAs at 85, around 1k AAs right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Catullus posted:

Currently level 84 wizard kiting in toskirakk and even doing the weak boars with lesson on it's slow as all hell. Planning on getting some more AAs at 85, around 1k AAs right now.

Level 83 and 84 suck. I finished most of 83 and half of 84 (rogue with cleric merc) in Thalassius. It's not great, but it seemed better than Toskirakk. The kedge experimental mobs seem to give the best xp.

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

Catullus posted:

I liked the gators in loping plains because they basically spawned just as fast as I could kill the full coast while having minimal downtime. So I would use the vet aa to restore hp/mana if that was up, and could typically kite for 30 full minutes before needing a break. Mana potions and other gimmick mana regen is nice to keep in a groove. It felt faster than tosk to me and was so easy that I could easily watch TV without paying attention to the screen much at all. Now and then I would take an ooc regen break. Bind at the little hill, and secondary bind at the gator teeth turn-in, since that gives pretty sweet aaexp.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007
So uhh, what happened to all the Luclin goons? The guild looks to be dead now.

I Love You!
Dec 6, 2002

Insensative_Asshole posted:

So uhh, what happened to all the Luclin goons? The guild looks to be dead now.

welcome to the land of norrath

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

I Love You! posted:

welcome to the land of norrath

Nah a month or so ago the Luclin guild was doin good. 10-15 people on at the minimum every night. Haven't seen a single other person from the Fearboners/OLW crew :(

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

There is a small surge of goons playing Al'kabor (EQMac server) right now, which can be played on the PC, for free.

Thread here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516757

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Anyone have any extra rustic wraps (and/or plat) that they could copy over to test for me? On test as Riverrs or Funzoe.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Nah a month or so ago the Luclin guild was doin good. 10-15 people on at the minimum every night. Haven't seen a single other person from the Fearboners/OLW crew :(

RIP Ascending Fearboners, you were too beautiful for this world

2X2 Eyes
May 30, 2010

|||||||||!
Is there still enough activity to merit moving to Luclin? I just restarted my account and have a 66 monk in Drinal.

Also, is there a way to reset AA's? I seem to have had poor taste in selecting them back when...

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

2X2 Eyes posted:

Also, is there a way to reset AA's? I seem to have had poor taste in selecting them back when...
Nope. Don't worry though, you can always grind more (at a very fast pace these days), and at lvl 66 you can't have spent that many.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

2X2 Eyes posted:

Is there still enough activity to merit moving to Luclin? I just restarted my account and have a 66 monk in Drinal.

I would not move to Luclin unless the guild really picked back up in my absence. Our crew generally plays a few months a year starting in March or April, then we quit again over the summer until the itch hits us again the next year. I think 2013 will be year 4 straight we've done that :shobon:

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Only five members of the Luclin guild have logged on in the last month, if that answers the question.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006
Well crap, that sucks. Decided to give it a try after 10+ years away, was looking forward to some goon grouping.

So uh, is there any noob warrior crap rotting in the guild bank, then? :dance:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

2X2 Eyes posted:

If you play on Test you can reset AA's once per zone.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

blackmage posted:

Well crap, that sucks. Decided to give it a try after 10+ years away, was looking forward to some goon grouping.

So uh, is there any noob warrior crap rotting in the guild bank, then? :dance:

Send me a tell on Dubstepcat whenever and I'll see if I can hook you up with some starter gear.

2X2 Eyes
May 30, 2010

|||||||||!
Is there anything I should do first thing before going out to get levels and such since it has been such a long time? I don't need like any flags or something?

Also, whats a good place to get AA's/XP solo at 66?

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

2X2 Eyes posted:

Is there anything I should do first thing before going out to get levels and such since it has been such a long time? I don't need like any flags or something?

Also, whats a good place to get AA's/XP solo at 66?

Depending on how long it's been since you've played, the first thing you should do is go to the Bazaar and buy some Defiant armor. They have different types for each level range, and it has ridiculous stats compared to old school items of the same level.

I think pretty much all of the old zones have had their flags removed and simply require a minimum character level to enter if that (ie you can zone into any PoP zone without any req other than level).

At 66, go level in The Hole (Ruins of Old Paineel) until 70, and then switch to AA exp and stay there until your eyes/fingers/dick bleeds.

2X2 Eyes
May 30, 2010

|||||||||!
Do I need a merc for the Hole? Not sure I can afford one for long.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

2X2 Eyes posted:

Do I need a merc for the Hole? Not sure I can afford one for long.

Free mercs are cheap as poo poo. The upkeep is like a small amount of gold upkeep for the free mercs.

If the server transfer is free and you don't have any connections on your current realm, you're more than welcome to come over to Luclin and I'll help you get rolling again.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Transfers to non-test non-rz servers aren't free. And it is NOT worth transferring a level 66 to another server. It is super easy to get those levels and AA now.

But mercs are super cheap and definitely worth using at those levels. Just kill some poo poo in the hole and sell some gems to pay for mercs. Use your epic since it is always a bonus to your hth unless you have better. I think I quoted how the monk epic works now in one of my posts in this thread.

Check out the eq forums to find your class's serverwide chat, it should be a good place to ask random questions about your class. Druid chat helped me when I was coming back, but I obviously didn't deal with monk chat. There may or may not be some kind of quick guide to your class that will cover the new stuff your class has gotten over the past 6 years.

2X2 Eyes
May 30, 2010

|||||||||!
Aye, its $25 to transfer... may just start a new character/class at this point.

Will probably do a necro. They weren't to sought after back when I played unless it was for summon corpse; but then again it seems enchanters aren't as big as they used to be either.

SK sounds fun too but it sounds like everyone has one and that they take a LONG time to get them where they need to be.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

2X2 Eyes posted:

Aye, its $25 to transfer... may just start a new character/class at this point.

Will probably do a necro. They weren't to sought after back when I played unless it was for summon corpse; but then again it seems enchanters aren't as big as they used to be either.

SK sounds fun too but it sounds like everyone has one and that they take a LONG time to get them where they need to be.
You will have fun on the majority of classes, so go ahead with the necro if they look appealing to you. The mercenary will contemplate you and allow you to play with your pets and spells with little risk for many levels.

A caster is also, as it has always been, less gear dependant, so just keep up with your key spells (bought in PoK) and get some cheap defiant gear.

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006

Send me a tell on Dubstepcat whenever and I'll see if I can hook you up with some starter gear.

Awesome, thanks.

I'm on Luclin as Tamomil, 25 war if anyone else is still playing.

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start somewhere
It has to start sometime
What better place than here
What better time than now

funzo2226 posted:

Anyone have any extra rustic wraps (and/or plat) that they could copy over to test for me? On test as Riverrs or Funzoe.

Are you still looking for the wraps? If so what armor type? I rarely log in right now being really busy with work and school but I have a full set of wraps + the templates of each armor type. I can send you some other junk too if you tell me what class.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

BJA posted:

Are you still looking for the wraps? If so what armor type? I rarely log in right now being really busy with work and school but I have a full set of wraps + the templates of each armor type. I can send you some other junk too if you tell me what class.

Awesome. My main duo is a bard and a rogue, but I also have slightly lower level shaman and ranger duo.

I was able to scrape a couple rustic wraps and osmium templates off of the bazaar on test, but not much. I basically need everything except chain feet on my rogue and everything except the plate arms on my bard. Thanks!

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

funzo2226 posted:

Awesome. My main duo is a bard and a rogue, but I also have slightly lower level shaman and ranger duo.

I was able to scrape a couple rustic wraps and osmium templates off of the bazaar on test, but not much. I basically need everything except chain feet on my rogue and everything except the plate arms on my bard. Thanks!

When I get home tonight I will see if live is up yet and if testcopy is working. I 3 box bard, shaman, mage so I think I have some stuff. What levels are they? Don't want to send you too low level of stuff you can't use.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Rogue and Bard are level 85 and the shaman and ranger are 73.

Moop Moop
Aug 26, 2006

Just got a bard through the tutorial on luclin. Is it worth grabbing the complete consignment armor bundle with my extra coins or should I just wait for drops/look in the bazaar?

Not Grover
Nov 6, 2007
Join the serverwide.gchat:fygm channel. If anyone on server is online, there's good odds they have some plat/gear kicking around, and there's bound to be some in the guild bank for sure.

E: Also posting your character's name in thread is good for people to find you and rain buffs on you.

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

The new expansion is live. Some pretty neat changes, although I'm busy with EQMac right now. :)

quote:

New Rain of Fear Game Features:
  • Level cap increase from 95 to 100 – Achieve a new max level of 100 and set a new standard of gameplay.
  • Slayer System – Gain special rewards and titles for defeating large numbers of foes.
  • Aggro Meter – A brand new tool to help better manage your aggro. You can now see your aggro level relative to your group.
  • Collection System – Discover items throughout Norrath and collect sets for exciting rewards and titles.
  • Improved Brokering System – Sell items in the Bazaar while being offline! More flexibility as a buyer to search and purchase from anywhere in the world. 10 Expedited Delivery Vouchers are included with the Standard Edition and 20 are included with the Collector's Edition.
  • New Linear Item Progression – Stats on armor collected will increase as you move up from one tier to another.
  • Customization with non-visible armor – All non-visible armor in Rain of Fear can be worn by all. You'll be able to customize your stats for every encounter.
  • Class-specific stat distribution – Collect items that are designed specifically for each class's abilities.
  • More than 1800 New Spells (Ranks 1, 2 & 3) – Exponentially add to your spell arsenal.
  • More than 550 AAs – Elevate your power and abilities like never before.
  • More than 3500 New Items – Create your own identity with thousands of new items.
  • More than 3000 New Tradeskill recipes – Increase your value across Norrath by creating items only available by your craftsmanship.
  • More than 110 Quests – Challenge your skills and gather useful loot.
  • 13 Raids – Collect valuable rewards from all new adventures.
  • 9 Zones – Be the first to discover untouched lands of Norrath.
  • 19 Missions – Experience intriguing lore and immersive Missions.
  • Continued opportunity to kill off Halflings.
  • Legends of Norrath™ – 5 Digital Booster Packs.
Bold is mine. Here's how the system works:

quote:

After purchase, two delivery options will be available: delivery to the nearest parcel vendor (available for a modest fee* in game coins), or expedited delivery (via our new Expedited Delivery Vouchers** available in the Marketplace) which delivers the item straight to your cursor.
It's a good feature, but it sours the experience once again that a user interface action in the game is linked to spending real cash.

Pilsner fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Nov 29, 2012

BJA
Apr 11, 2006

It has to start sometime

funzo2226 posted:

I sent a bunch of stuff to riverrs.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

All Tier 1 raids down plus two tier 2 raids. Probably beating the expansion tomorrow.

I have basically no clue about the group stuff in RoF so far, but it should be easier than VoA. All of the zone 'progression' quests are supposed to give really good exp so you can do those instead of just grinding to 100.

Do not buy the market place armor, ever. Defiant is the same thing and super cheap in the baz.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

BJA posted:

I sent a bunch of stuff to riverrs.

Woooooot! I have so much stuff now I don't know what to do with it all.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

jetz0r posted:

All Tier 1 raids down plus two tier 2 raids. Probably beating the expansion tomorrow.

I have basically no clue about the group stuff in RoF so far, but it should be easier than VoA. All of the zone 'progression' quests are supposed to give really good exp so you can do those instead of just grinding to 100.

Do not buy the market place armor, ever. Defiant is the same thing and super cheap in the baz.

What the gently caress, expansion is so easy it's finished in TWO DAYS? Everquest, what have you become :saddowns:

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

MrTheDevious posted:

What the gently caress, expansion is so easy it's finished in TWO DAYS? Everquest, what have you become :saddowns:

There's no raid keys, the only thing slowing down raid progression is that you need T1 beat to flag for T2, and non-Xorb T2s done to flag for Xorb. And that someone has to do the group tasks in a zone to request the raid.

Of course, this is the guild that beat VoA a month before anyone else and no one was in T2 when we stopped raiding last night. This guild is really completely different from any other raiding I've done. A raid that slows RoI down for days would be punching another guild in the dick for weeks.

2X2 Eyes
May 30, 2010

|||||||||!

At 66, go level in The Hole (Ruins of Old Paineel) until 70, and then switch to AA exp and stay there until your eyes/fingers/dick bleeds.

Just curious. I thought I would try out the hole but it feels like I may be doing something wrong. AA's just come flying in when I kill stuff, but XP just seems to not budge. I am killing all light blues I can see.

Should I be doing something in particular?

Pilsner
Nov 23, 2002

2X2 Eyes posted:

Just curious. I thought I would try out the hole but it feels like I may be doing something wrong. AA's just come flying in when I kill stuff, but XP just seems to not budge. I am killing all light blues I can see.

Should I be doing something in particular?
The 60's is where it mentally seems to "slow down" with regards to normal XP. Normal XP is way, way slower gained than AAXP when you get to the higher levels.

If I remember right, the mid 60's is where you start getting to the "brutal" point where each kill doesn't always make the XP bar move a percent. Still though, 100-200 kills for a level is peanuts compared to the good ol' days. :)

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

You also have approximately a million percent bonus to AA exp for being at a low AA count. So your AA exp does come in a LOT faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
For getting regular experience, kill dark blue or higher conning monsters. That works a lot better, unless you're with a headshotting ranger or doing some other method of really fast killing.