Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hey mom its 420
May 12, 2007

here are some dope tracks:

Trinidad James ft. some guy - Madden on Gamecube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APbKSEnf99M

Maxpayne Shawty ft. Meek Mill - Money Talk
http://www.sharebeast.com/o5m3dn8afiwv

King Samson - Turn Up (have I posted this already? I dont think so)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OORCxdvcJaI

Nelly - Packed in Dis Bitch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUAuxhEuzG0

edit: new page, nice 8)

hey mom its 420 fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Honestly, Trinidad Jame$ EP is hot. I wouldn't call it a mixtape. But I like every track at some level, even the one that's just a corny joke. But Giving No Fucks is tight as hell and so is South$ide. Not to mention Females Welcomed and Tonk for the Money.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Boywhiz88 posted:

It's about getting girls on lean and Molly to gently caress them. It's no diff then getting a woman drunk to gently caress her, it's still date rape and a really creepy thing. I'm willing to be down with a lot of lyrics and themes but this is too much. Gross.

Edit: Re: Captain Murphy: Did FlyLo actually rap onstage last night? Because there are def a lot of verses and subjects that correspond to Tyler, but I think this is one of those projects where FlyLo takes the credit while ultimately it was a collab.

I don't see what your problem is, it's just pop music! They are successful musicians, and are happy and handsome.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Boywhiz88 posted:

Edit: Re: Captain Murphy: Did FlyLo actually rap onstage last night? Because there are def a lot of verses and subjects that correspond to Tyler, but I think this is one of those projects where FlyLo takes the credit while ultimately it was a collab.

I was there, it was him the whole time. Pulled off his mask at the end. There were other people in masks and stuff, unless he pulled off some really clever switch, it was him.

Good show, too, but his manner really reminded me of Tyler. I think FlyLo took a lot of lessons from the guy. (I also think Tyler wrote and influenced a lot, too)

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

alansmithee posted:

I don't see what your problem is, it's just pop music! They are successful musicians, and are happy and handsome.

I'm not sure if this mocking me specifically or the people who are just defending it.

NeuroticErotica posted:

I was there, it was him the whole time. Pulled off his mask at the end. There were other people in masks and stuff, unless he pulled off some really clever switch, it was him.

Good show, too, but his manner really reminded me of Tyler. I think FlyLo took a lot of lessons from the guy. (I also think Tyler wrote and influenced a lot, too)

Lucky. Score any merch? The lines that make me think Tyler are the mentions of wantin Grammy's and well, he just sounds (on purpose I'm sure) like Tyler with the voice modulation

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
There's also a lot of talk about his weiner, the "labels trying to sign me" thing sounds straight off of Goblin, childish mixes of violence and sex.

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Perform sex? Uh uh, I don't think I'm up to a performance, but I'll rehearse with you...

Boywhiz88 posted:

Lucky. Score any merch? The lines that make me think Tyler are the mentions of wantin Grammy's and well, he just sounds (on purpose I'm sure) like Tyler with the voice modulation

None for sale.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

There's also a lot of talk about his weiner, the "labels trying to sign me" thing sounds straight off of Goblin, childish mixes of violence and sex.

Yeah. I think Tyler at least wrote them. Had them laying around from back in the day.

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.
I dig Captain Murphy because of all the pitch shifting stuff sounds creepy as hell. Any other rappers that I should know that do this?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Scary you say? Pitch shift you say?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHa9K4QyIJY

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Ugh why did it have to be Flying Lotus... I still choose not to believe that is him rapping. I'm just going to continue operating under the assumption that it is Tyler and some other losers from OF because I hate rap like that but the production is just too ill to ignore. Thank god for the instrumental release so I don't have to hear any of those verses ever again.

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

thathonkey posted:

Ugh why did it have to be Flying Lotus... I still choose not to believe that is him rapping. I was hoping he would start distancing himself from OF but apparently he is going full in on that poo poo.

^Serious. After hearing in that Nardwuar video that FL's grandmother wrote the song I Get High song that Styles sampled and his uncle was John Coltrane, dude has some serious footsteps to follow

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
It is frustrating because he has all the talent and creativity to be one of the most exciting and innovative rap producers ever if he would just branch out a little and work with some real artists.

He needs to focus fully on production and drop this silly poo poo ASAP.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
New Eminem/Skylar Grey....and more trash!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eyemy_G8NQg

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

What in the gently caress

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
Red Bull Soundstage at A3C

Lots of good up-and-coming acts from the South this year at A3C! Kydd, Worldwide, Doughbeezy, Felony Fame, Skewby ... whoo!

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

The rapping by captain murphy (flylo?) is p. sweet. It sounds like Tyler except way better than anything hes done since like Bastard. I mean yeah its kind of immature but rapping about your dick isn't any worse than rapping about killing people or cocaine (i like rap about killing people and cocaine).

also I hated the Trinidad Jones video posted earlier but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc5dLBAeRko&hd=1 owns and makes me want to check out the rest of this mixtape

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

If you dont like "All Gold Everything" and the video you have no soul or taste.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

thathonkey posted:

Ugh why did it have to be Flying Lotus... I still choose not to believe that is him rapping. I'm just going to continue operating under the assumption that it is Tyler and some other losers from OF because I hate rap like that but the production is just too ill to ignore. Thank god for the instrumental release so I don't have to hear any of those verses ever again.

I thought the lyrics to Killing Joke were pretty tight.

Y'all know how I do
I've got the last laugh or two
In that awkward moment when you see that I'm the Joker too
Underneath the chilling cloak,
the killing joke

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

ruddiger posted:

I thought the lyrics to Killing Joke were pretty tight.

Y'all know how I do
I've got the last laugh or two
In that awkward moment when you see that I'm the Joker too
Underneath the chilling cloak,
the killing joke

attention rappers:
please never say "that awkward moment" in a ryhme again.
thanks!

edit: all gold everything sucks, guess I have no soul :devil:

doctor thodt
Apr 2, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Wow Wiz's new album is impressively bad.

GET MONEY
Sep 7, 2003

:krakken::krakken::krakken:

RBX posted:

If you dont like "All Gold Everything" and the video you have no soul or taste.

I hated it when it was posted here but after seeing it 50 times on MTV Jams I kinda gently caress with it. Now that Madden on Gamecube track has me checking out his EP.

I see Cam has blessed Wiz's new single with a verse. Still don't like Wiz but at least he can pick features that make his songs listenable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb5M3S2AkT8

Also man this Future + Chief Keef and Friends joint is highly repeatable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgrs9keuFwA

GET MONEY fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 30, 2012

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u

doctor thodt posted:

Did it leak or something? I really like the weeknd feature song even though Wiz is so... Wiz on it. Also everyone is so hyped on the weeknd now so that puts a slight damper on that dude as well

cardedagain
Aug 28, 2006

TenaciousTomato posted:

I Get High song that Styles sampled
Styles ain't sample nothing, it was either Swizz Beats or Saint Denson. Styles ain't no producer.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.

doctor thodt posted:

My roommate was bumping this earlier and it was painful. He also played that french montana ochocinco song and holy gently caress do i hate that song

Sypher
Feb 4, 2003
So I just got back from the Kreayshawn Show.

Fortunately, I showed up late. THe lineup was "Chippy Nonstop", "Honey Cocaine", "Rye Rye", and Kreayshawn.

I showed up at Honey Cocaine. She honestly was not that bad from what I expected. It was straight up crunk music. Pounded a few beers and took it for what it was worth. Rye Rye came up next and it was absolutely god awful. Holy gently caress. It was the most depressing thing ever sitting through that set. She tried so hard and failed so hard.

Then I sat anxiously for the big headliner: KREAYSHAWN. I was hoping she would loop Gucci Gucci for an hour straight; however, it came nowhere near that. A dude came on the mic and said that she was too sick to perform. gently caress.

I got a business card of the venue owner. I am going to call him tomorrow to find out the possibility of a re-schedule. Seeing Kreayshawn live is still on my bucket-list.

an skeleton
Apr 23, 2012

scowls @ u
too sick to perform? if i was kreayshawn i would be milking myself for all i was worth. she better have really been sick and not just leaned out or whatever

Sypher
Feb 4, 2003
I was talking with some people at the show and apparently that is the second time she has claimed sick performing in the metro-detroit area.

Maybe she is just too scared of our hood mentality?

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

cardedagain posted:

Styles ain't sample nothing, it was either Swizz Beats or Saint Denson. Styles ain't no producer.

Who cares, Gangster and A Gentleman is one of the best albums of the 00's

NeuroticErotica
Sep 9, 2003

Sypher posted:

So I just got back from the Kreayshawn Show.

Fortunately, I showed up late. THe lineup was "Chippy Nonstop", "Honey Cocaine", "Rye Rye", and Kreayshawn.

I showed up at Honey Cocaine. She honestly was not that bad from what I expected. It was straight up crunk music. Pounded a few beers and took it for what it was worth. Rye Rye came up next and it was absolutely god awful. Holy gently caress. It was the most depressing thing ever sitting through that set. She tried so hard and failed so hard.

Then I sat anxiously for the big headliner: KREAYSHAWN. I was hoping she would loop Gucci Gucci for an hour straight; however, it came nowhere near that. A dude came on the mic and said that she was too sick to perform. gently caress.

I got a business card of the venue owner. I am going to call him tomorrow to find out the possibility of a re-schedule. Seeing Kreayshawn live is still on my bucket-list.

drat. That sounds worse than seeing Lil Debbie and Kitty Pryde before RiFF RaFF (The only good act that night)

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

alansmithee posted:

Agreed. How can you guys defend Chief Keefs music and then rip on some dudes drug-raping?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

asap-salafi posted:

Agreed. How can you guys defend Chief Keefs music and then rip on some dudes drug-raping?

It's a number of things. I can relate to violence a lot more than I can date-rape. And also because let's be real, there aren't kids going out and getting guns because of Chief Keef. It's a lot harder to get a gun than drugs in most cases. And while violence is clearly a bad thing, people don't always view date-rape as well, date-rape.

the black husserl
Feb 25, 2005

Giving someone molly isnt date rape even if "gave that girl a molly, I drug that hoe" isn't the nicest way of saying it. Giving someone molly wont increase their libido anyway so these boys better change it up!!

doctor thodt posted:

It reminds me of that BoB album.

the black husserl fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 30, 2012

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Boywhiz88 posted:

It's a number of things. I can relate to violence a lot more than I can date-rape. And also because let's be real, there aren't kids going out and getting guns because of Chief Keef. It's a lot harder to get a gun than drugs in most cases. And while violence is clearly a bad thing, people don't always view date-rape as well, date-rape.

Actually seeing someone gain success from violence (even if he's not "real") does increase the chance of other kids going the same route. And based on the sheer amount of violent music being made, there certainly does seem to be a large group of people who don't view violence as a bad thing. Also not sure how being able to "relate" to a crime makes it better.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

the black husserl posted:

Giving someone molly isnt date rape even if "gave that girl a molly, I drug that hoe" isn't the nicest way of saying it. Giving someone molly wont increase their libido anyway so these boys better change it up!!

Actually a lot of states have laws where if you're intoxicated you're technically not able to give consent, so it would be date rape.

Although I'm sure those two fine, happy young men wouldn't ever do anything so base and low-class as sleep with a women they purposely intoxicated!

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

the black husserl posted:

Giving someone molly isnt date rape

If your intention is to make a girl more likely to sleep with you by giving them a drug (even if it wouldn't increase libido, which I would argue that most substances passed off as molly would drop inhibitions etc. - nobody is saying she has to be into it) then it kinda is actually...

lovely tuna snatch
Feb 10, 2010

I need help with something stupid. Basically I found this clip from a podcast I listen to. I finally managed to figure out that the background is Röyksopp - Eple, but what song from Kanye has it been mashed up with?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Drug Dat Hoe (Consent is Implied Remix) ft Das Racist

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic
molly will absolutely make a girl want to gently caress, yall are trippin

youngallah
Mar 14, 2012
i will certainly not 'drug dat hoe.' and that is '300.'

e:

quote:

LMAO. yeah, no offense, but i think its the other way around. i think goons are a lot more likely to try to drug a bitch to gently caress her than they are to pop off rounds in the street, making the former more relatable. yall like the idea of fantasy, of a world you could never be in and bringing up a realistic situation like drugging a girl makes you uncomfortable.

also in tx you can buy a pistol with the serial scratched off for fifty bucks off the street so its honestly not that much more expensive

youngallah fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Nov 30, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

cardedagain posted:

Yo, word *turntable motions with hands*. Ya dig

• Locked thread