Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

...! posted:

I really wish I hadn't bought the drat season pass for this game. I honestly can't loving believe that they did another DLC with a loving arena. And if you die, you get to start all the loving way over! Why would anyone want this?

I'm not really a arena guy either but I think the actual main story of it is my favorite stuff yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Ya the story is based around an arena but there's like 1.5 actual arena fights. Have you gotten past the first quest?

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.
So finally got to beat the Torgue DLC and the only real complaint I had was if you died fighting badassasaurus, the spawn point was outside the arena and you were locked out since the door slides close. So the only way to get back in was quit to the main menu and then go back in.

Also don't the the warrior fall on you when he dies if you are farming him, you will be stuck inside his hollow body.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

So finally got to beat the Torgue DLC and the only real complaint I had was if you died fighting badassasaurus, the spawn point was outside the arena and you were locked out since the door slides close. So the only way to get back in was quit to the main menu and then go back in.

Also don't the the warrior fall on you when he dies if you are farming him, you will be stuck inside his hollow body.

When I fought Badassasaurus, the arena door was open to where you had to duck through it to get back in if you died. (Note: this was a 4-player game.) It just doesn't sound right that you have to quit altogether if you die, though.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.

ShadowedFlames posted:

When I fought Badassasaurus, the arena door was open to where you had to duck through it to get back in if you died. (Note: this was a 4-player game.) It just doesn't sound right that you have to quit altogether if you die, though.

I tried ducking back in under the door but it wouldn't let me under. I would hit an invisible barrier under the door. Weird bug.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

So exactly how viable is straight melee Zer0 on a scale from doable to ahahahaha no? I really just want to pinball around with his execute + skill refresh, though that strategy obviously isn't quite as viable versus strong single enemies like bosses and super badasses.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
It's viable but you need very specific gear for it and practice. The only roadblocks you'll face are a few bosses with lifebars and buzzards.

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast
More codes!

PS3: WJC3T-SS6K3-T5CWB-ZJWB3-BT3K6
PC: KJKB3-RRBCK-CXJ3J-TJBBJ-JK6R9
X360: WTKBJ-6FJT6-FZXJX-5R33B-FFRCZ

SpiDeR
Apr 30, 2002

Crystalline is fine too
Anyone with the PC Special Ed or rare heads able to toss some to me? Farmed Henry for 4 hours and no dice... http://steamcommunity.com/id/spiderr

SpiDeR fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Nov 29, 2012

kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011

SpiDeR posted:

Anyone with the PC Special Ed or rare heads able to toss some to me? Farmed Henry for 4 hours and no dice... http://steamcommunity.com/id/spiderr

This is the console thread, not the PC thread.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

kim jong-illin posted:

This is the console thread, not the PC thread.

.... That explains so much. Time to switch threads.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

However, if anyone is willing to dupe me special edition/BNK3R/Henry/Terra heads, gimme gimme gimme. I will give you oranges or whatever. GT: MY BROS HOT DAD

Wangsucker 69
Feb 7, 2004

Shut up, you old bat.
Does the class you're playing as have anything to do with the loot you receive when using your golden keys?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

blackshreds posted:

Does the class you're playing as have anything to do with the loot you receive when using your golden keys?

From my experience, no.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I have 10 golden keys, is there any reason for me to keep getting more at this point?

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

MZ posted:

I have 10 golden keys, is there any reason for me to keep getting more at this point?

Eh, it's pretty trivial to punch the code in for me so I do it. Once I get the DLC or if me and my buddy go for awhile without getting anything cool in our co-op game it's nice to be able to just get 2 or more guaranteed to be somewhat useful weapons. Seems to have a better chance to get E-tech stuff as well.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

MZ posted:

Sure, it never hurts to get them, but I wouldn't drop what I'm doing to grab one. Once you're stocked up on Legendary weapons, there isn't much in the box that is worth grabbing.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

abaddonis posted:

Sure, it never hurts to get them, but I wouldn't drop what I'm doing to grab one. Once you're stocked up on Legendary weapons, there isn't much in the box that is worth grabbing.

The best use I've found for golden keys isn't to equip a level 50 character. There are plenty of other loot sources for that. It's to equip a character you're bringing through the game, especially on TVHM, who hasn't found level-appropriate gear in a while.

I guess if you have oranges covering 1-50 you wouldn't have use for golden keys at all. But I don't and I think most people don't.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
Golden keys will become useful again when they raise the level cap past 50 and you're leveling from 50 to whatever the new cap is so maybe save them for that I guess.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Philip Rivers posted:

So exactly how viable is straight melee Zer0 on a scale from doable to ahahahaha no? I really just want to pinball around with his execute + skill refresh, though that strategy obviously isn't quite as viable versus strong single enemies like bosses and super badasses.
As someone who tried this, it sucks. I think I got to Doc Mercy before giving up. I think a Gaige melee run might be better instead, since you'll have Deathtrap to back you up and she can be specced for melee pretty well.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Monkey Fracas posted:

... what? The DLC might not be everything we hoped and dreamed for but it's certainly not just one big arena. It's not like the Moxxi DLC from the first game at all. Have you played it yet?

Yes, I have played it. So far it's annoying arena-based bullshit. There's the main quest arena fight during which I died on the last round a couple of times and had to start all the way over. Now I'm doing some drat timed arena-style bar brawl side mission that I have failed five times now because you have to kill a certain number of badasses and the game steadfastly refuses to spawn them in a timely manner.

This is arena DLC.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

...! posted:

arena-style bar brawl side mission

It's literally a quest of "kill a bunch of dudes in this room" which is like half of the sidequests in the game, there's nothing "arena" about that quest.

I don't know why people are complaining, it's DLC with a story, multiple zones, multiple side quests. Moxxi's DLC was literally 3 arena fights and a preparation hub. They are not even remotely similar

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

And don't forget, Moxxi gave precisely 0XP and no weapons to speak of either.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

The Berzerker posted:

It's literally a quest of "kill a bunch of dudes in this room" which is like half of the sidequests in the game, there's nothing "arena" about that quest.

I don't know why people are complaining, it's DLC with a story, multiple zones, multiple side quests. Moxxi's DLC was literally 3 arena fights and a preparation hub. They are not even remotely similar

there's only one guy complaining, I think everyone else has had a pretty good time.

bonzaisushi
Nov 15, 2003

doo dee doo dmt, lsd doo dmt, lsd doo dmt...
ill be on all day on the ps3 since i have nothing better to do… If you need help with anything feel free to add me!

psn: omglysergic

bonzaisushi fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 29, 2012

shagster104
Jan 3, 2012
How do you start a mechromancer playthrough? Am I missing something very obvious?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

shagster104 posted:

How do you start a mechromancer playthrough? Am I missing something very obvious?

You buy the DLC and then it's an option when you start a new character.

shagster104
Jan 3, 2012

Faerunner posted:

You buy the DLC and then it's an option when you start a new character.

Ahh, I had to download the compatibility pack too.

If anyone has a purple relic and grenade mod, I can give you moneys!

shagster104 fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 30, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: 5TW3B-HFH6W-W6BJB-TTJJB-BX3RS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: K3W33-5SX59-69R36-563T3-H6WTT
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5BB-FT5HW-J5CWT-HBCB3-BC5XK

e: These are Facebook codes.

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 1, 2012

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Keys!

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: 5TW3B-HFH6W-W6BJB-TTJJB-BX3RS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: K3W33-5SX59-69R36-563T3-H6WTT
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: CJ5BB-FT5HW-J5CWT-HBCB3-BC5XK

E: Those codes will be active 6-9PM CT on November 30 (find out when that is for you: http://bit.ly/UwOUR5) and we'll be back in a few hours with more -- check the full schedule here: http://bit.ly/TozWsW

E2: Twitter keys:
Xbox 360: KJKBB-XTH5S-R9RTF-5XBJJ-HXHC6
PlayStation 3: KBC3T-SCK9C-JCCWT-ZJK3J-CB5TF
PC / Mac: WTW3B-BB3SK-WXBJJ-3BB3J-ZSXKX

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 1, 2012

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000
^ :sassargh:

Active for 3 Hours

Xbox 360: KJKBB-XTH5S-R9RTF-5XBJJ-HXHC6
PlayStation 3: KBC3T-SCK9C-JCCWT-ZJK3J-CB5TF
PC / Mac: WTW3B-BB3SK-WXBJJ-3BB3J-ZSXKX

Xidus fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Dec 1, 2012

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
so playthrough 2.5, someone please clarify. when i beat the game again on PT2, it doesn't start over again does it? it just makes it so everything scales to level 50? i've been doing the story missions and saving all the sidequests for later, after i beat the warrior in PT2. and then it becomes farm time.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Veritas posted:

so playthrough 2.5, someone please clarify. when i beat the game again on PT2, it doesn't start over again does it? it just makes it so everything scales to level 50? i've been doing the story missions and saving all the sidequests for later, after i beat the warrior in PT2. and then it becomes farm time.

Yep. First thing I did was go and raid the treasure room to quickly fill up on nice level 50 weapons and then started farming for other rarer stuff.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

More FB keys.

Good for 3 hours from now.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: KBK33-BSS6C-5FBJ3-TBBJJ-9B6XS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKBT-XSX5H-X9RT6-5RTT3-ZJB55
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBCJJ-Z3WZW-J5WWB-SJWTT-TW3W6

Twitter:

Xbox 360: 5TK3J-HJZCZ-F9XJX-KFB3B-KTBWW [
PlayStation 3: 5BKBT-T6K9W-TKCKT-H353J-XTRHZ
PC / Mac: W3WB3-CBJSK-WRTJ3-TTB3J-ZXKHF

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Dec 1, 2012

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

e: ^^ :argh:

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5TK3J-HJZCZ-F9XJX-KFB3B-KTBWW [Active for 3 Hours: http://t.co/WpyHNafk]

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for a Golden Key in Borderlands 2: 5BKBT-T6K9W-TKCKT-H353J-XTRHZ [Active for 3 Hours: http://t.co/WpyHNafk]

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Sleekly posted:

More FB keys.

Good for 3 hours from now.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: KBK33-BSS6C-5FBJ3-TBBJJ-9B6XS
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: WTKBT-XSX5H-X9RT6-5RTT3-ZJB55
PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: KBCJJ-Z3WZW-J5WWB-SJWTT-TW3W6

Twitter:

Xbox 360: 5TK3J-HJZCZ-F9XJX-KFB3B-KTBWW [
PlayStation 3: 5BKBT-T6K9W-TKCKT-H353J-XTRHZ
PC / Mac: W3WB3-CBJSK-WRTJ3-TTB3J-ZXKHF

Anyone else having issues with these codes? They're saying they have already been redeemed

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I just redeemed both on SexBox

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

They both worked on the PenisStation 3

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Same here, got both 360 codes.

Dumb question: is it possible to change the left-handed weapon while Gunzerking? It's kind of a hassle to fire at Buzzards while equipped with a grenade rifle in one hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Sleekly posted:

They both worked on the PenisStation 3

Hmm. Looking at the Facebook comments, some ps3 users are having issues

Edit: decided to restart my ps3, when I got back to the game, the codes actually went through, despite the messages

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Dec 1, 2012

• Locked thread