Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Yeah, I would have loved Goofball mode too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Grimace posted:

What all carries over to New Game+ this time around? I was really depressed when I started it in Vanilla P4 and found all of my awesome equipment was gone. I don't expect that has changed, but I may as well ask.

Your equipment is gone, but now whatever Daidura had for sale at the end of the game he still has for sale. So if you want to completely trivialize 99% of the game, you can buy weapons with 300 attack strength in the beginning of the game and destroy everything. Any skill cards you had in the Velvet Room are also still there for purchase, so if you want to throw Agidyne on your Slime for some reason, you're free to do so.

Also, you can adjust specific difficulty settings in New Game+, which I really like a lot. You can choose to have battles give you more money, which is great because I am completely absorbed in fusing poo poo and don't want to ever have to worry about running out of yen to buy personas or skill cards.

Cha
Dec 10, 2006

Is there a way to release Personas in the Velvet Room?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cannot Find Server posted:

Your equipment is gone, but now whatever Daidura had for sale at the end of the game he still has for sale. So if you want to completely trivialize 99% of the game, you can buy weapons with 300 attack strength in the beginning of the game and destroy everything. Any skill cards you had in the Velvet Room are also still there for purchase, so if you want to throw Agidyne on your Slime for some reason, you're free to do so.

Also, you can adjust specific difficulty settings in New Game+, which I really like a lot. You can choose to have battles give you more money, which is great because I am completely absorbed in fusing poo poo and don't want to ever have to worry about running out of yen to buy personas or skill cards.

Question about the custom difficulty:

You can't do the optional boss on NG+ if you choose Easy right? So how does the game factor in the different settings for whether you can fight the boss or not? (Maybe you can fight the boss on easy and I'm wrong)

Edit: They made the superboss get 2 turns in a row, which also means the time limit for the battle is cut in half... I don't think I'll be getting that trophy

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Dec 2, 2012

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Pollyanna posted:

One of the best things about Golden is that the animated cutscenes are actually (relatively) well made this time around.

Well, except for a certain couple of scenes that are just completely and utterly unnecessary...:doh:

Do tell...

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Arbite posted:

Do tell...

You'll know them when you see them. If you really want me to go into specifics, both hot spring cutscenes are a little ridiculous, the first one was typical stupid anime fare but the second one did not need the split-second flash of Teddie and Yosuke getting boners. At least, I hope I wasn't just seeing boners in everything. :shepface:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Cha posted:

Is there a way to release Personas in the Velvet Room?

No, but you can go to the persona menu by hitting triangle and do it from there.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Nanako: What does 'got brains' mean?
MC: He's not an athlete

Clearly the best way to answer that question

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
So has anyone seen the new bad ending?

Massive spoilers, obviously. Seriously, don't read this if you haven't beaten the game!

You can join sides with Adachi, if you had his Social Link at 6+ before saving Nanako.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

I had to really fudge it to get a skill card with auto-sukukaja to put on Black Frost for Margarete's request. I got no idea how to do the next one for her, something with Megidola. Yeesh.

Also: hahahahaha, they changed the boss theme music for Shadow Misuo. That's great. I hope that tune shows up in the Hee Hee Ho Jacktunes channel...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is there a set number of times you need to study/translate/origami/whatever the gently caress to get the stat ups?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

There's probably a point value that needs to be reached, like when raising Social Links. Normal increase +1, greatly +2, significantly +3.

I don't think anyone has the exact numbers, though.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

You can't do the optional boss on NG+ if you choose Easy right? So how does the game factor in the different settings for whether you can fight the boss or not? (Maybe you can fight the boss on easy and I'm wrong)
Interested in the answer to this as well, because I would love love love to be able to keep the difficulty at Normal or Hard but crank up the experience and money rewards on the second run.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nate RFB posted:

Interested in the answer to this as well, because I would love love love to be able to keep the difficulty at Normal or Hard but crank up the experience and money rewards on the second run.

I don't have an answer for that question as I've yet to get that far; however, I will say that cranking up EXP and money in new game+ is insane. Level 73 by the end of Void Quest with over 3 million yen :stare:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

These bonus boss fights have gone pretty interestingly so far. The one in the second dungeon I managed to beat with 26 HP left and the rest of the party dead.

Got revenge on the first dungeon's one after that. Did 1000+ damage with one Bufula. After a Rakunda, Tarukaja and Mind Charge, and with Ice Boost, it blew off most of his health. Jack Frost is still a monster. Then Kanji beat it to death with a metal plate.

It's a shame Chie's boots don't show up with most of the bonus costumes. It's difficult to choose between Agent stuff and the incredibly gaudy golden boots I found in a gold chest.

Also, Yosuke now fights with a pair of fish.

So with the bonus weapons you get for the optional bosses, is there one for Chie at all?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Very easy has me sitting at 95+ in January. :v:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just noticed that Dojima chainsmokes like a fiend when he isn't at home.

Mr. Leonheart
Oct 14, 2007

All I know is that to me
You look like you're havin' fun
So my copy arrived on Tuesday and I've made my way through to just before Shadow Mitsuo. The high point so far was just last night when I got a ridiculous run of rare hands that catapulted my party close to 10 levels, and Chie Galactic Punted the dungeon mid-boss.

This game is totally justifying my purchase of a Vita.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So fused black frost before shadow mitsuo as I remember him being pretty good in P3

He knew Megidoloan before I fought the boss :stare: That and Agidyne just ended the boss before it could do anything.

Edit: Also got help from Yosuke on a bike as I swapped him out for Teddie just for kicks, I was laughing like a idiot the entire time I was fighting off confusion on why he was there.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Dec 2, 2012

Vaancor
Jun 22, 2005
I am now Nephy's whore, since she bought me an account.

Terper posted:

Yu Narukami for lyfe. I was so disappointed there was no Yu Mode in Golden. In which he's voice acted and acts like in the anime.

Didn't he pretty much act like a player controlled character who was trying to 100% the game while still picking a lot of the sarcastic options? :ohdear: I might be completely off though, I've seen 5 episodes of it and a couple of the "Best of Yu" videos on Youtube.

As one of the "bought a Vita specifically for Golden" crowd, gotta admit I'm really blown away by how good everything looks, especially the bright colors. Charlie's still working his way through the intro though, I know I can use Start to skip but I want to drink it all in.

:ssh: Also, has anybody checked out the TV Listings option after midnight on the Vita's clock yet?

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Question about the custom difficulty:

Edit: They made the superboss get 2 turns in a row, which also means the time limit for the battle is cut in half... I don't think I'll be getting that trophy

I'd like to know this as well. I'm interested in just blasting through NG+ just for the sake of rushing through every fight and to try max out each S. Link.

edit: How do sentences, work, again?

TheLoser fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Dec 2, 2012

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Is there a guide to the new Hermit Rank 10 quest? Someone posted something earlier, but I don't even have some things they assumed I did (bug-catching net, etc.)

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

I got myself a paper clip!
I don't know about the whole quest, but you get the bug net by bringing the boy at the shrine a drink- he'll give you some bugs and tell you that he lost his net. Talk to the girl at the shrine at night and she wants a Red Goldfish. Bring her one and she'll give you the net.

Anyone know where you can find the items to make the +50% EXP items from the pub at night? I need Magatsu Xandrite (I have 4 but don't know where I got them) and Ryugu Stones, which I have none of. Another question- do your weapons affect physical skills, or only basic attacks? And does your Persona's strength affect basic attacks, or only physical skills?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

DeathBySpoon posted:

I don't know about the whole quest, but you get the bug net by bringing the boy at the shrine a drink- he'll give you some bugs and tell you that he lost his net. Talk to the girl at the shrine at night and she wants a Red Goldfish. Bring her one and she'll give you the net.

Anyone know where you can find the items to make the +50% EXP items from the pub at night? I need Magatsu Xandrite (I have 4 but don't know where I got them) and Ryugu Stones, which I have none of. Another question- do your weapons affect physical skills, or only basic attacks? And does your Persona's strength affect basic attacks, or only physical skills?

I got Magatsu Xandrite from gold hands in Heaven.

e: Now that I have the bug-catching net, how I do actually do the bug-catching minigame? And what bug does the river Guardian need as bait?

Cake Attack fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Dec 2, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Go up to the trees in the shrine to catch bugs. During winter, you catch bugs by digging in the garden.

River Guardian likes Inaba Jewel Beetles, and shows up as a lot of ripples and a splash, when fishing.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man, I just romanced Yukiko by accident and I already went with Chie.

I guess that's what I get for not paying too much attention at the moment. This is gonna suck.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

One more question. How do you max the Adachi social link? I automatically advanced to Rank 7 in the hospital. Is it all automatic from here on out, or do I have to get the new ranks manually?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I went to turn in the 10th Fox quest and his S Link didn't go up. It said "conditions have to be right". Was it because I met him on a rainy day? Or do I have to do something else to get it to 10? I never got to rank 10 with Fox in the original, so I don't know if this is what usually happens or not.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Cake Attack posted:

One more question. How do you max the Adachi social link? I automatically advanced to Rank 7 in the hospital. Is it all automatic from here on out, or do I have to get the new ranks manually?

From what I've gathered it's automatic.

Can't actually be sure since I don't have the game or a Vita. But it's really tempting, you know.

Really, really tempting.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I went to turn in the 10th Fox quest and his S Link didn't go up. It said "conditions have to be right". Was it because I met him on a rainy day? Or do I have to do something else to get it to 10? I never got to rank 10 with Fox in the original, so I don't know if this is what usually happens or not.

If it's like vanilla, you need to go there one more time to max it.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, looks like I just had to go there one more time. And have max expression too.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

DeathBySpoon posted:

Magatsu Xandrite are dropped by the various Golden Hands you encounter. All of them drop it. I got one from the very first dungeon and second to last. It's a very rare chance though.

Ryugu Stones I was only able to find by buying three from the shopping channel.

To answer your other question, weapons do not affect physical skills. Skills have their own set power and accuracy. I think Primal Force is the strongest single target skill with over 2000 power but I haven't sperged into P4's combat mechanics in a while. Both do use your persona's strength into total attack damage.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
My biggest complaint about this game is Chie's replacement voice actor is absolutely horrid. Otherwise loving the game all over again.

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

You get used to her pretty fast- I started out hating her but now I barely even remember how she used to sound.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Kortel posted:

My biggest complaint about this game is Chie's replacement voice actor is absolutely horrid. Otherwise loving the game all over again.

Are you people psychologically blocking out how terrible her original voice actress was, both in her inability to characterize believably or have any voice acting talent or what? :confused:

I am completely unsurprised the original got out of voice acting work.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

Volt Catfish posted:

Are you people psychologically blocking out how terrible her original voice actress was, both in her inability to characterize believably or have any voice acting talent or what? :confused:

I prefer her over... what ever it is we got here. High pitched nasally voice with hints of a lisp is incredibly grating to listen to. Been skippinng over Chie's dialogue as much I can.

b0lt
Apr 29, 2005

Volt Catfish posted:

aha is this our chance

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Fair enough I guess.

I just recall people's venomous hatred of Chie back in 2008 when the game was new, maybe people have just warmed on her in the interim.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
When could I conceivably beat the bonus boss in Yukiko's Castle on Hard? Rampage keeps wiping out my mid-30s leveled party.

I'm thinking of just cheesing the fight with a persona with Null Phys. What's the earliest one I can get?

e: Turns out spamming Tetrakarn is really effective. Eats up SP like crazy but it makes the AI do most of the work. (Even if the king never used Rampage that time.) :v:

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Dec 3, 2012

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The new bad end is pretty messed up :stare:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathBySpoon
Dec 17, 2007

Spoiler tag how you get the new bad end? Also, for the bonus dungeon, do I have to have Marie in a romantic relationship or just maxed? I already went with Chie and don't want to have to put up with a depressing Valentine's day- I can just get the dungeon on round 2, if so.

• Locked thread