Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

TaurusOxford posted:

I had a dream...

...and it's name is Zero.

... It's finally happening. :aaa:

took you long enough Bandai. Now give me my mg v2 and gundam x.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TaurusOxford posted:

I had a dream...

...and it's name is Zero.

Good grief. The wingspan on that thing's going to be massive!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Bimmi posted:

Number 1 is pretty impossible to figure but I really hope it's Turn A.

Hey, Bandai. There's really cool suits from Turn-A Gundam besides the titular suit, you know. (I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'll do horrible things for a MG Kapool/Capule.)

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
gently caress off, bring me my MG Turn X.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
gently caress off, give me my Shuffle Alliance MGs :colbert:

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Popehoist posted:

And a MG Borjarnon Gavane Goonny Custom :kamina:

Monoeye is the best eye :colbert:

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Popehoist posted:

Still 31 more MGs to go. After the gunota shitstorm that got kicked up over Turn A being MG 100, do you really think Bandai will give up the opportunity to cause even more grief by having Turn X as Master Grade #200?

Cromlech
Jan 5, 2007

TOODLES
That's definitely not Big Zam. I'd love to see one, though.

I like how they're retroactively putting the Unicorn-style IM GOIN NEWTYPE HERES THE NEWTYPE LINES on the Nu too.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cromlech posted:

I like how they're retroactively putting the Unicorn-style IM GOIN NEWTYPE HERES THE NEWTYPE LINES on the Nu too.

I'm almost surprised they didn't put psycoframe in the fin funnels.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

mr. stefan posted:

Still 31 more MGs to go. After the gunota shitstorm that got kicked up over Turn A being MG 100
Elaborate?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Back when Bandai announced that Turn A would be the 100th Master Grade, a bunch of people on mahq, AS and the chans (as well as some of the japanese communities) lost their goddamn mind over Bandai picking such an "ugly" design for such an "important" number. This led to rage, tears, people putting forth some amazingly terrible redesigns and kitbashes to make the Turn A look more "Gundamlike," (Because it's not a gundam if it doesn't have mouth vents and look like a cardboard samurai, apparently) and more than a couple idiots sincerely saying that #100 should have been another RX-78-2 rerelease.

It was hilarious, and it would be only fitting that Bandai repeats the act for when #200 rolls around.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Mg G-Saviour would instill even more rage. :allears:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

MG Hamma-Hamma for #200.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
#200 should be one of the petite mobile suits. The one that Wong Lee fought in once, specifically.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Zedd posted:

Mg G-Saviour would instill even more rage. :allears:

MG Lumber Gundam is the true choice. :colbert:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

mr. stefan posted:

Back when Bandai announced that Turn A would be the 100th Master Grade, a bunch of people on mahq, AS and the chans (as well as some of the japanese communities) lost their goddamn mind over Bandai picking such an "ugly" design for such an "important" number. This led to rage, tears, people putting forth some amazingly terrible redesigns and kitbashes to make the Turn A look more "Gundamlike," (Because it's not a gundam if it doesn't have mouth vents and look like a cardboard samurai, apparently) and more than a couple idiots sincerely saying that #100 should have been another RX-78-2 rerelease.

It was hilarious, and it would be only fitting that Bandai repeats the act for when #200 rolls around.
I take vicarious pleasure in seeing people love their poo poo over the dumbest things. Got a link to that nerd shitstorm?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

Pierson posted:

I take vicarious pleasure in seeing people love their poo poo over the dumbest things. Got a link to that nerd shitstorm?

Sadly, no. I'm reporting from memory, as I was a part of those communities at the time, and I distinctly remember this going down and thinking "what the gently caress is wrong with these people."

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

Midjack posted:

MG Hamma-Hamma for #200.

That would actually be pretty awesome though.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
HLJ's Black Friday sales are ending today. Doesn't seem to be anything must-have, but $5 for a pair of Balls was very tempting and there seems to be a few decent discounts.

HairSlut
Nov 29, 2011

Anyone else excited for Delta Kai? I love me some Delta gundam variations, a shame the shield is almost as large as the suit itself.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

HLJ has Super Robot Chogokin Might Gaine and ChoRyuujin on sale for 90% off, five dollars.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Might Gaine is gone...

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Kotobukiya is doing a Gunhed kit and it looks loving amazing: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-feature/2012/11/17/feature-gunhed-model-kits-attack-kotobukiyas-akihabara-store

Pricetag is pretty steep though. Also, it doesn't talk and encourage you by mentioning baseball games. :(

Diospace
Apr 27, 2012
RG Destiny! OK, it seen like the RG grade are for the remake Seed and Seed Destiny.
So I think the next one will be Strike Freedom and the one after will be Infinite Justice?

Also, Anyone saw the MG Nu Gundam Ver.Ka? It looks awesome. It's like the best MG of the year.

Diospace fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 2, 2012

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Diospace posted:

RG Destiny! OK, it seen like the RG grade are for the remake Seed and Seed Destiny.
So I think the next one will be Strike Freedom and the one after will be Infinite Justice?

I would imagine the tie in potential with the remasters as well as the chance to substantially reuse the work the already did on RG Freedom and Justice make them a near inevitability, though they may break it up with a UC suit.

Faltion
Jul 4, 2004

I am an anachronism
I'm sure some of you modelling a while have had that one kit that refused to come into fruition. I started building this Zaku Mariner with the plan of having it done in 2 weeks so I could move on to other things. 6 months later I finally got it finished yesterday.

First problem was that I decanted my Tamiya primer with the purpose of spaying it indoors from my airbrush and not wasting a lot of paint. lovely thing is decanting somehow eliminated its ability to auto-level and fill in any rough parts from sanding and also left a lovely texture on my parts (probably from not enough thinner). It haunted me throughout the build. In the future there's going to have to be some sanding between primer coats, on top of fine sanding before priming.

Second was I wanted to do some custom panel lining. I discovered that a good panel line is almost unnoticeable by the undiscerning, bad panel lines stick out like a sore thumb.

Third, the major blue color I was using, a Tamiya Royal Blue refused to play nice with isopropyl alcohol as a thinner, as well as Tamiya's own brand of lacquer thinner and acrylic thinner. It would spray gloss in spots and flat in others, an no amount of coats eliminated that, and neither did any gloss coats.

In the end the flat coat hid most of my shame and the build turned out okay (save a little too much flat base in my flat coat, but it looks okay). I also think I need to switch to lacquers because every time my acrylic paint scratches, even with multiple clear coats and plenty of curing time, I die a little on the inside.

Zaku Mariner-1

Zaku Mariner-2

Zaku Mariner-3 by faltion, on Flickr

Sorry photos are pretty dark, my slap-dash photo booth didn't do the trick this time. Going to get some better pics taken tomorrow.

I think my next build is going to be a z'gok since it only has like 3 runners and shouldn't hurt my already bruised ego.

Also have a panda beargguy I built for my wife.

Panda Beargguy

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
I had a similar problem with a tank I was painting a few months back. Every time I sprayed Tamiya Olive Green it would go yellow clustered around the salt weathering patches. Was a loving nightmare to fix, even when I sprayed matt varnish over the salt it still wouldn't stay green and if I tried putting it on with a brush it just sort of dried instantly and flaked off.

Nightmare :smithicide:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I am in fact building stuff though I am still terrible at painting. Here's a photo of my most recent build (taken by someone else), which I actually entered in a competition:

I would like to have painted more details (I was lucky to get the eyes painted) and panel lined but my travel schedule ran me out of time. Despite what it looks like, I did paint it in a super basic color scheme and gave it a Future clear coat. I also Future coated the red psychoframe parts.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is there a Robot Damashii release list somewhere? I wanna know them all.

Edit I found this:
http://z11.invisionfree.com/Gundam/index.php?showtopic=815

coconono fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Dec 4, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hate to double post but I wanted to show off my Robot Spirit!

this is the first time I've ever done any type of diorama but I'm somewhat pleased with the results(30 minutes of fuckery to get the figures just riiight). Really wanted to capture that whole "It's a loving Gundam!!! shiiiit!!" with just a dash of hope.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

The damashii Zaku is so loving great. I hope they keep putting out Wing grunts because Leo is awesome too.

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan
Yeah, the RX-78 and Zaku II Robot Damashii's are high on my list of favorites, especially with that awesome modular hardpoint system for the weapons and accessories.

Also, added Faltion's projects to the OP, because they're REALLY cool.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's the newer RX-78(R-078-2) which does a slightly different hardpoint system.

My only gripe with the Robot Damashii is the hands are really scary to swap out. The ball you attach the hands to is on a joint that will slide around as you're trying force the hand onto the ball.

Also the hood ornament on the head falls off really easily.

coconono fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Dec 6, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

I have three of these guys. Anybody know how much they are worth? I could use a little XMAS money.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
does anyone know where I can find a Titanium finish ver. ka unicorn? I just bought a Titanium ver.ka Banshee and the unicorn seems even harder to find

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

Fauxtool posted:

does anyone know where I can find a Titanium finish ver. ka unicorn? I just bought a Titanium ver.ka Banshee and the unicorn seems even harder to find

I own one. It's loving trash and you don't want it. They didn't alter the sprue design for the Titanium Finish version so the result is that it's covered in ugly black sprue marks on very noticable areas.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Now I dont want it, at least the banshee is pretty dark.
Follow up question, where can I get some sheets of aurora stickers for eyes and scopes? I am having trouble finding them in stock under that name, did they change it?

Fauxtool fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Dec 10, 2012

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Popehoist posted:

I own one. It's loving trash and you don't want it. They didn't alter the sprue design for the Titanium Finish version so the result is that it's covered in ugly black sprue marks on very noticable areas.

This is true for basically all shiny extra finish kits.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Midjack posted:

This is true for basically all shiny extra finish kits.

Even better is when super glue(the only glue I had on hand)runs and destroys the shiny topcoat.

I'm so sorry Mazinkaiser :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Hey, isn't that new DX Mazinger Z coming out soon? I wonder how big the box for it will b-

:stare:

• Locked thread