Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard
I've been trying to figure out from which movie this is from:

There's a scene where a girl in her bedroom flip a poster of Olivia-Newton John for one of The Clash. This is so her father thinks she's a good girl. She may or may not light a cigarette right after flipping the poster.

The movie is from the mid-80's, probably along the lines of Say Anything or Pretty in Pink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
Hey guys. I'm trying to remember a movie where there is a scene where you see the back of a blonde's head and it's revealed to be a dude with a mustache.

[edit] I think the blonde in question was wearing jeans and is using a pay phone.

Does this ring any bells?

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.
At the end of Nighthawks Stallone is wearing a blonde wig (but he's washing dishes).

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Holy poo poo, that's it! You rock!

Tenterhooks
Jul 27, 2003

Bang Bang

That looks like it. Thanks!

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

Cracker King posted:

Hey guys. I'm trying to remember a movie where there is a scene where you see the back of a blonde's head and it's revealed to be a dude with a mustache.

[edit] I think the blonde in question was wearing jeans and is using a pay phone.

Does this ring any bells?

I think I've seen "long-haired blonde on sidewalk that is actually man" done a couple times, one of them might be Dumb and Dumber?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie, where a guy's ex-wife disappears and he ends up going to her hometown to try and find her. When he gets there, nobody claims to know her, and they get rid of his dog while he is out searching for her. Eventually he discovers everyone from the town is actually an alien including his ex-wife, and that his daughter is half-alien. The couple gets back together, and the aliens decide to stop the invasion.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.

Internet Gentleman posted:

At the end of Nighthawks Stallone is wearing a blonde wig (but he's washing dishes).

This is funny as hell. I totally forgot about that scene. I swear I remember one of the main character's checking out a blonde's rear end and then going up to the blonde (who is on a payphon) and start to flirt. Then the blonde turns and it's a dude with a beard and he's angry.

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Cracker King posted:

This is funny as hell. I totally forgot about that scene. I swear I remember one of the main character's checking out a blonde's rear end and then going up to the blonde (who is on a payphon) and start to flirt. Then the blonde turns and it's a dude with a beard and he's angry.

It also happens in line a tthe airport in Police Quest 2 (video game)

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie, where a guy's ex-wife disappears and he ends up going to her hometown to try and find her. When he gets there, nobody claims to know her, and they get rid of his dog while he is out searching for her. Eventually he discovers everyone from the town is actually an alien including his ex-wife, and that his daughter is half-alien. The couple gets back together, and the aliens decide to stop the invasion.

Strange Invaders.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

That's it, thanks.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!
I'm looking for a (bad) movie for a Thanksgiving marathon. I saw this maybe 20 years ago when my high school buddy picked it up at the video store. It's Thanksgiving-themed, featuring 17th-century-ish Pilgrims, and at least one of the women was a witch. There's a guy who gets hexed by the witch into falling in love with a turkey, possibly in revenge for an accusation of witchcraft. He sees the turkey as having the torso of a beautiful naked woman on top of turkey legs. He awkwardly tries to seduce it and then has sex with it, and the next scene has him and the turkey in bed and the turkey is smoking a cigarette.

When I google for terms like "Pilgrim" "turkey" "boobs" I keep getting Thankskilling but as far as I can tell that's not right (although it's also on my list of bad Thanksgiving movies for the marathon). I think the turkey bit was actually pretty short but it's the only thing I remember except that the movie was bad and I felt slightly ashamed for having watched it.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Here is something really obscure. I haven't even seen it, just read about it and thought it sounded cool.

In an old magazine I looked through today, there's a review of "Je t'aime, je t'aime", which played at the 8th New York Film Festival (1970). But the critic also commented in passing on an animated short film that played before the film:

quote:

... a delightful animated short, which as I remember was Czech. Its name and creator escape me, but it concerned a host of machines landing on and digging into an unspecified planet. The machines were drawn in that fine, steel etching manner that the Victorians used; the planet was all marbled papers and mottled textures, its inhabitants amoebic white blobs. The not unexpected ending was that the machines were microscopic invaders into a human anatomy ...

So: Czech animated short, late 1960s (assuming it was new at the festival screening), distant planet actually human body, invaders actually viruses. Ring any bells?

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

wheatpuppy posted:

I'm looking for a (bad) movie for a Thanksgiving marathon. I saw this maybe 20 years ago when my high school buddy picked it up at the video store. It's Thanksgiving-themed, featuring 17th-century-ish Pilgrims, and at least one of the women was a witch. There's a guy who gets hexed by the witch into falling in love with a turkey, possibly in revenge for an accusation of witchcraft. He sees the turkey as having the torso of a beautiful naked woman on top of turkey legs. He awkwardly tries to seduce it and then has sex with it, and the next scene has him and the turkey in bed and the turkey is smoking a cigarette.

When I google for terms like "Pilgrim" "turkey" "boobs" I keep getting Thankskilling but as far as I can tell that's not right (although it's also on my list of bad Thanksgiving movies for the marathon). I think the turkey bit was actually pretty short but it's the only thing I remember except that the movie was bad and I felt slightly ashamed for having watched it.

Love at Stake?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

The Time Dissolver posted:

So: Czech animated short, late 1960s (assuming it was new at the festival screening), distant planet actually human body, invaders actually viruses. Ring any bells?

Polish, actually. Stefan Schabenbeck's Inwazja (Invasion.)

I can only find 2 minutes of it on Youtube, but the short itself is 7 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Due_qDPvs

MrGreenShirt fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Nov 21, 2012

shacked up with Brenda
Mar 8, 2007

Looking for a movie I watched on Netflix instant watch last year.

It was a german movie where a man woke up on an empty bus driving into the middle of nowhere. He is dropped off at a stop where a man brings him to suburbia, he is given a job and an apartment. Life happens, and it's not so very sweet. He eventually becomes suspicious this whole world is some sort of purgatory and tries to escape. He tries to commit suicide multiple times but he cannot die.

In the basement of an apartment building he finds a little hole in a wall where he can hear enchanting music, and starts tunneling through to find the source. He is caught and exiled.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

VTNewb posted:

It was a german movie where a man woke up on an empty bus driving into the middle of nowhere. He is dropped off at a stop where a man brings him to suburbia, he is given a job and an apartment. Life happens, and it's not so very sweet. He eventually becomes suspicious this whole world is some sort of purgatory and tries to escape. He tries to commit suicide multiple times but he cannot die.

In the basement of an apartment building he finds a little hole in a wall where he can hear enchanting music, and starts tunneling through to find the source. He is caught and exiled.

If you watched it on Netflix, it would be listed in your history.

Pweller
Jan 25, 2006

Whatever whateva.

ProfessorMurder posted:

If you watched it on Netflix, it would be listed in your history.

If you look it up post back what it's called cause it sounds cool.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

MrGreenShirt posted:

Polish, actually. Stefan Schabenbeck's Inwazja (Invasion.)

I can only find 2 minutes of it on Youtube, but the short itself is 7 minutes long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8Due_qDPvs

Whoa, thanks! I feel like I can move on with my life now.

Internet Gentleman
Mar 17, 2006

I'm so happy to be here.

VTNewb posted:

They're Norwegian, MacReady.

The Bothersome Man

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Fantastic movie, that.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

None of the reviews really sound familiar (Joyce Brothers testifying at the witchcraft trial? :psyduck: You'd think I would remember that!) But there's the guy loving a chicken so it's gotta be the one. Thanks!

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

wheatpuppy posted:

None of the reviews really sound familiar (Joyce Brothers testifying at the witchcraft trial? :psyduck: You'd think I would remember that!) But there's the guy loving a chicken so it's gotta be the one. Thanks!

You're welcome I guess

encarta420
Nov 22, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So theres this loving weird movie I used to watch as a kid that had animation that looked like it had the derpy astroboy ascetic. It was some animu flick about a hamstar running away from home but I remember it being pretty gruesome. When I saw it there was no translation at all so I wonder if its still not in english but whatever it would be realll neat to have around when I'm really baked or something. Does anybody know what I'm talking about.

Adrastus
Apr 1, 2012

by toby
I remember this movie that I watch some long time ago, I think it's about Cuban revolution, but I'm not sure, and the main character are some American journalists, I think? And it has some pretty great CGI scenes, like a huge freight tanker bursting into flames, and Castro (or was it che guevara?) strafing at soldiers with a V-22 osprey.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I was finally able to check - This was it, thank you!

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
I saw a western on TV sometime in the late eighties or early nineties. Very likely, it was a spaghetti western.

I only remember a few bits of it; the protagonist gets caught and is tied down in a rock quarry with some sort of webbing over his head that forces his eyes open. Subsequently, he goes blind from the sun. The villains keep him around a a servant, to mock him. Eventually, he kills one of them with a knife throw, which might have been the first indication that he got his sight back. A showdown ensues.

Does that ring any bells for someone?

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

My family is trying to remember a movie where a guy is watching TV and hallucinates and shoots a crying kid with a shotgun. Three of us remember it, but we don't know from where.

Edit: It might be a TV show. It is not God Bless America.

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 29, 2012

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

wheatpuppy posted:

Late but that's exactly the movie you were looking for.

Also, it's bad, but good-bad. I mean, you have to give credit to an 80's sex comedy romp set during the Salem witch trials, for chrissakes.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

encarta420 posted:

So theres this loving weird movie I used to watch as a kid that had animation that looked like it had the derpy astroboy ascetic. It was some animu flick about a hamstar running away from home but I remember it being pretty gruesome. When I saw it there was no translation at all so I wonder if its still not in english but whatever it would be realll neat to have around when I'm really baked or something. Does anybody know what I'm talking about.

Probably Oruchuban Ebichu, which has a cutesy, almost Hello-Kittyish visual style but distictly Adult Swim type humour. It's also violent but cartoonish, with the hamster often getting bloodily squished but coming back intact in the next scene a la Kenny from South Park.

Not at all safe for work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0LaNDv2nGg

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Maybe its an obvious one but I am trying to remember a movie I saw as a kid. The only scene I can remember is one character getting interrogated by some bad dudes. They release a snake which bites him and then he gives them the information they want in return for the anti-venom. He is injected with the anti venom, however right after the bad guy laughs and starts to drink it and says 'The French do make good fizzy water' (or soemthing like that)

Jon Pop IV
Nov 29, 2012

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I only remember one scene from the film. It may have taken place in the seventies. A group of young guys lure these two teenage girls over to an empty house. One thing leads to another and they start gang raping the older girl. The younger girl starts freaking out and crying, they wont let her leave but they don't rape her either. She has to sit there and listen to the older girl screaming. The whole thing was very surreal like a David Lynch film.

I found it!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0245501/

Jon Pop IV fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Dec 1, 2012

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Jon Pop IV posted:

I only remember one scene from the film. It may have taken place in the seventies. A group of young guys lure these two teenage girls over to an empty house. One thing leads to another and they start gang raping the older girl. The younger girl starts freaking out and crying, they wont let her leave but they don't rape her either. She has to sit there and listen to the older girl screaming. The whole thing was very surreal like a David Lynch film.

Could it be
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_House_on_the_Left_%281972_film%29 ?

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
This is an ancient one, and the memory swells up interest every couple of years. I'd have to assume it was around '95 or '96 at the latest, since I was a pretty young kid at the time. Definitely a VHS rental. The only reason it sticks out in my head so readily is it's a movie my mother picked out because it had a pretty innocuously colorful cover, but it turned out to be this depressing trek so she eventually turned it off. I never did end up seeing all of it. Quite honestly the solitary memory I have of the movie is it had an extended scene about a mother animal losing her eggs. I can't remember if it was to predation or they just didn't hatch. I don't remember whether it concerns kids in its primary roles or animals of some nature, although the movie definitely has plenty of talking animals (like this narrows down 90s children's animation). I've seen the usual suspects for traumatizing children, like Watership Down. This just escapes me since I recall so very, very little of it. I can't even remember if it was a musical or not.

The best guess I can come up with, and this is totally uneducated, is it had a good chance of being a Don Bluth movie, since he went in for that kind of subject matter. I'm damned curious what it was in this movie that kept it so dreary. I don't know if it was consistently so, or even if the scene in question that broke the camel's back is anything remotely noteworthy. My mother was kind of... eclectic on what she let us watch. The one thing I know it's not is The Land Before Time 2 (was it 3?) concerning the egg eating Pinky and Brain analogs. Other movies involving eggs and their fortunes are beyond me.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Violen posted:

This is an ancient one, and the memory swells up interest every couple of years. I'd have to assume it was around '95 or '96 at the latest, since I was a pretty young kid at the time. Definitely a VHS rental. The only reason it sticks out in my head so readily is it's a movie my mother picked out because it had a pretty innocuously colorful cover, but it turned out to be this depressing trek so she eventually turned it off. I never did end up seeing all of it. Quite honestly the solitary memory I have of the movie is it had an extended scene about a mother animal losing her eggs. I can't remember if it was to predation or they just didn't hatch. I don't remember whether it concerns kids in its primary roles or animals of some nature, although the movie definitely has plenty of talking animals (like this narrows down 90s children's animation). I've seen the usual suspects for traumatizing children, like Watership Down. This just escapes me since I recall so very, very little of it. I can't even remember if it was a musical or not.

The best guess I can come up with, and this is totally uneducated, is it had a good chance of being a Don Bluth movie, since he went in for that kind of subject matter. I'm damned curious what it was in this movie that kept it so dreary. I don't know if it was consistently so, or even if the scene in question that broke the camel's back is anything remotely noteworthy. My mother was kind of... eclectic on what she let us watch. The one thing I know it's not is The Land Before Time 2 (was it 3?) concerning the egg eating Pinky and Brain analogs. Other movies involving eggs and their fortunes are beyond me.

Rescuers Down Under?

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

Violen posted:

The Brave Frog was ridiculously bleak, and there's a scene where an evil lobster bludgeons a mother turtle to near death and breaks all of her eggs.

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~

MrGreenShirt posted:

The Brave Frog was ridiculously bleak, and there's a scene where an evil lobster bludgeons a mother turtle to near death and breaks all of her eggs.

This absolutely was it. The drawing style immediately snapped my head back. As little as I recall of the movie, I'm dead certain that was the look of it, so between that and the scene you describe, there's nothing else for it. Thanks man, I wasn't expecting that childhood mystery to get solved so drat fast.

screwtape
Nov 8, 2006
When I was about 12 (I am 30), I saw a clip of a movie that still haunts me.
The setting is a war-torn town, in ruin and rubble. There is a group of children, mostly boys. The boys solicite a small girl to look down her pants. She asks for money, the boys pay, and she shows them, each taking a peak. It was likely in color. I have always wondered what this movie is. The imagery has disturbed me quite a bit over the years, from memory. Anyone care to guess?

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

screwtape posted:

When I was about 12 (I am 30), I saw a clip of a movie that still haunts me.
The setting is a war-torn town, in ruin and rubble. There is a group of children, mostly boys. The boys solicite a small girl to look down her pants. She asks for money, the boys pay, and she shows them, each taking a peak. It was likely in color. I have always wondered what this movie is. The imagery has disturbed me quite a bit over the years, from memory. Anyone care to guess?
Hope and Glory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind Loving Owl
Sep 5, 2012

The regeneration is failing! Hooooo...
Not quite a movie as such but can anyone name this documentary about Earth's past or something for children? It's framing device is a grandfather on the Moon telling his children (who due to being born and raised on the moon wouldn't be able to cope with the gravity on Earth, on the bright side, longer life span) about his old home.