Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

This only last season when United flared out in a way easier group.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

why would he call liverpool his former team in 2007

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

"For me there is only club in england"

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

pissy smelliott posted:

why would he call liverpool his former team in 2007

It's a deliberate? misquote.

The actual quote given to the press at the time in 2007 was:

“Chelsea is a big club with fantastic players. But I would never take that job. For me there is only one club in England, Liverpool.”

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Aren't there hundreds of clubs in England? Confusing...

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

jyrka posted:

Aren't there hundreds of clubs in England? Confusing...

That's just how poor Liverpool are - they're still only mid-table in a league made entirely of figments of their imagination.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
The Tv Tropes forum has a thread about football...

quote:

Well, I prefer soccer because it actually feels like it has a narrative to it. Games are a two act play characterized by a creative, flowing plot line that gets as convoluted as any anime anyone may want to ever describe in words. But overall, it's very, very beautiful.

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The Tv Tropes forum has a thread about football...

lmfao

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011

quote:

What we witnessed today were the virtues of honesty, dignity and integrity; the stand of the fans of Chelsea Football Club against the selfishness, spite, greed and disloyalty of a spoilt brat Club owner.

I don't care if Benitez brings success to the club; the price of any success would be too high: Benitez is an Anfield creature, a fundamental hater of our Club and our heroes; Di Matteo is a Chelsea man, and was doing what was asked of him - making a transition between one style of football and another. Any incidental success produced under Benitez would be like your 8 year old daughter producing a nice picture in an art class run by Jimmy Saville, worthless, distasteful and certainly not a vindication of The teacher's character or methods.

This appointment is wrong and if a majority of supporters believes that Abramovich can do anything he wants because of the money he has spent, then the soul of the club is lost. He has no such right and we have an obligation to show him that we are capable of drawing a line in the sand.

As things stand we are a joke and he is a clown. Both facts sadden me.

I will always support Chelsea. .

I currently do not support Abramovich. When he shows the club and the fans the respect we deserve I may reconsider.

I will never support Benitez.
Were there (m)any anti-Roman banners?

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
From the distant past...

KFC posted:

Re:Bascombe on Le Tallec and Sunday

Agree 100% to daddymac.

A lot of those people who used the 'scapegoat' theory are finding the scapegoats themselves. I think in general we played well given the circumstances and it is not the end of the world Chelsea are beating us at home. I have no preconceptions against Cheyrou but to me there is no way he should have started ahead of Diouf and I think that is a fair statement.

Diouf got better technique, better skills, and most importantly, better HEART.

To be honest when I saw Cheyrou on the 1st team sheet I was as astonished as all the other fans but I still gave him the benefit of the doubt that he haven't got a lot of chances last year so maybe GH gave him this chance to shine.

I can live with a few passes which went astray, I can live with him missing a shot from 6 yards, but I cannot live with a lack of heart. I am certain that is the case when I saw Duff and Gronkjaer repeatedly breezed past him in the 2nd half while we were chasing the game.

I think the most significant change when Diouf was introduced is that we have more fighting spirit in the midfield and that is painfully lacking beforehand. Diouf was chasing the ball and the Chelsea players and shown a lot of heart -- it was not a coincidence that we have come back into the game when he was introduced.

I guess for all of those who believe in this 'scapegoat' theory -- just answer me a question : convince me why Bruno should be played ahead of Diouf from the first place.

I suppose this isn't really bad, as much as it's sadly funny.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

hes just confirming that Evra isn't a choc ice like Cole?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Mark on text via 81111: "As a fan I gave Rafa a chance to win me over and he did absolutely nothing. I'll look out for the results but I'm not watching anymore Chelsea games until next season when he is gone. I'm disgusted by the club at the moment and especially Abramovich."

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

Mark on text via 81111: "As a fan I gave Rafa a chance to win me over and he did absolutely nothing. I'll look out for the results but I'm not watching anymore Chelsea games until next season when he is gone. I'm disgusted by the club at the moment and especially Abramovich."

but he's right?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

rats off to ya posted:

but he's right?

I gave Rafa a whole week to win me over and he didn't. :qq:

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

rats off to ya posted:

but he's right?

A suitable post for this thread well done

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

vyelkin posted:

I gave Rafa a whole week to win me over and he didn't. :qq:

Maybe when Rafa manages us to 7th via nonstop 0-0 draws people will realize he's poo poo.

but yea, mostly agreeing with his disgust towards Roman, which is deserved, than the Rafa wah-ing

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i was hoping ot come into RAWK posts not more of this rafa poo poo

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

rats off to ya posted:

Maybe when Rafa manages us to 7th via nonstop 0-0 draws people will realize he's poo poo.

but yea, mostly agreeing with his disgust towards Roman, which is deserved, than the Rafa wah-ing

Glad you found a home.

The Finn
Aug 27, 2004

إنه أصلع في الأسفل، كما تعلم

Abu Dave posted:

i was hoping ot come into RAWK posts not more of this rafa poo poo

The idea is to post bad things from boards YOU FREQUENT, just a reminder for everyone

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Chelsea have signed a new striker from
Nigeria.

On his first day of training, Rafa Benitez picked up the ball and said "BALL" then pointed at the
goal and said "GOAL". Then he demonstrated a
kicking motion and said "KICK" understand,
"KICK BALL, GOAL, GOOOOOAAAALLL!"

Eventually the young African plucks up courage
to say "Excuse me Mr Benitez but I speak very
good English", to which Rafa replies ' Sit down
son, I'm talking to Torres.'

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

rats off to ya posted:

but he's right?

loving lol

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Ninpo posted:

Chelsea have signed a new striker from
Nigeria.

On his first day of training, Rafa Benitez picked up the ball and said "BALL" then pointed at the
goal and said "GOAL". Then he demonstrated a
kicking motion and said "KICK" understand,
"KICK BALL, GOAL, GOOOOOAAAALLL!"

Eventually the young African plucks up courage
to say "Excuse me Mr Benitez but I speak very
good English", to which Rafa replies ' Sit down
son, I'm talking to Torres.'
Lol'd at this

Bloodbath
Apr 10, 2005

GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KINGDOMS
Wrong thread completely

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

The Russian is 2 blame

Amazing how he has taken the European Champions and turned us into looking like a mid table Championship team, poor signings, poor manager, poor decisions. How can one man f**k this up so badly in such a short space of time....

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
No CDM should have hair like Arteta. How is that intimidating?

crappledan
Dec 17, 2009

Serious Title Contenders

quote:

Rafa

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
So, I'm at a personal crossroads.

I cannot, in my right mind, cheer for Rafael Benitez or anyone who ever supported bringing on Rafael Benitez. This, I cannot do. The man is everything that’s lovely about international football; he’s a blowhard, his ego is the size of whatever room he enters, he’s not good at his job, and he’s ridiculed not just our team, but the FANS of this team, our team, in the past. We all know these four points. We know them, essentially, to be self-evident. Alas – for me, they have created a collective breaking point. I do not think Di Matteo deserved to go when he did, but that is moot at this point; I know, for drat sure, Benitez did not deserve to come in his stead. Remember when we all just assumed the players would play better, as they almost always do during a managerial switch? Did anyone in this woefully misguided decision-making process consider that, maybe, just maybe, getting rid of a man-manager as good as Di Matteo to replace him with one as piss-poor as Benitez would cause the team to lose more confidence than the urgency could offset?

Howsoever – I cannot, in my right mind, cheer against the dear Juan Mata, or the wonderful, exceptional, extraordinary, humble Oscar (oh look, the opposite of that manager I described earlier!), or the superlative Eden Hazard, or any of our players who recently came on or helped us win last year’s European Cup. These are all Chelsea players, and they will deserve my support, until they, individually, have taken my patience to the very edge of eternity, and for doing so, can no longer be afforded my support (OF WHOM AM I THINKING?). So, what do I do?

I suppose I hope for a Benitez sacking tomorrow, every day until tomorrow is today. And I tell anyone who says I should cheer for Benitez’s success for ‘the good of the team’ to kindly shove it up their rear end. I’m cheering for what I truly believe to be the good of the team, thanks. I’m also cheering for the good of my soul.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Ever since she broke up her sincere and lovely relationship with an incredibly witty and smart Jose Mourinho, this girl Chelsea is acting like a bitch. She isn't satisfied with anyone since then. And at the slightest sign of trouble in the affair or when her grades in school falls a bit low, she dumps her boyfriend and looks elsewhere to support her emotional instability. She was with some good guys (Carlo) and some really handsome guys (AVB). There was a even a guy who she actually liked, but was committed elsewhere (Guus).

Then there was a very decent guy called RDM who took her to places she had never been before but always longed to. Eventually that relation too end up badly, maybe she thought it was getting serious than she thought it would. She was afraid of falling in love with him and being in a long term relationship which might prevent her from being able to receive her old true lover when he comes back. Maybe she thought this guy being so decent, deserved something better than her.

Well, now she is with a half decent guy and a rough handler. An ex boyfriend of one of her biggest adversaries. Someone whom she hated once and probably still hates but she is happy to spend time with him because she knows she can dump him any time and will definitely do that when her true love returns. She doesn't want an emotional attachment with anyone before that, but always needs someone to handle her emotions and to lean a shoulder on.

Deep inside, she is really in love with the special one. And it's this love, combined with her insecurities that made her the bitch she is now. We don't have to worry about her, she's going to be fine once she is in the right hands. It's going to be some wait, but deserved wait.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Wrong

Thread

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lmao

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
poor Downing, forgotten by everyone

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Andy Carroll's still a Liverpool player too.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Anything that has a smiling Fabrice Muamba is alright by me :unsmith: