Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shagster104
Jan 3, 2012

Veritas posted:

been trying to farm Doc Mercy for the infinity pistol, for what feels like 2 days. it sucks bad. anyone in a generous mood and feel like duping some stuff for me? maybe the siren legendary class mod, etc.

I'd love to get in on this duping action" =D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

I just picked this game up on Black Friday, and I'm going to be joining a group of friends soon. I'm a Gunzerker, and I just picked up a very sweet pistol named 'Patriot's Infinity.' I'm basically running around everywhere but sanctuary with the trigger held down, and it's all very cathartic and lovely. However, I'm worried because I'm level 11-12, and the gun is lvl. 10. Have I locked myself out of a level [<10] Patriot's Infinity?

Also, anything to suggest to a new player?

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Father Wendigo posted:

I just picked this game up on Black Friday, and I'm going to be joining a group of friends soon. I'm a Gunzerker, and I just picked up a very sweet pistol named 'Patriot's Infinity.' I'm basically running around everywhere but sanctuary with the trigger held down, and it's all very cathartic and lovely. However, I'm worried because I'm level 11-12, and the gun is lvl. 10. Have I locked myself out of a level [<10] Patriot's Infinity?

This kind of answers both questions...

Don't worry! You will basically outlevel all of those neat items within an hour or two. Don't obsess over loot too much -- there will always be a slightly higher level gun right around the corner.

If you do a TVHM (new game+) run, just do the main story, then all side quest items will scale to level 50.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Father Wendigo posted:

Yeah don't worry about it, finding a gun doesn't preclude you from finding a higher-level version of the same gun later. The Infinity is extremely rare though, so you may very well not find another one anyway (without duping) though!

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

WhiteHowler posted:

This kind of answers both questions...

Don't worry! You will basically outlevel all of those neat items within an hour or two. Don't obsess over loot too much -- there will always be a slightly higher level gun right around the corner.

If you do a TVHM (new game+) run, just do the main story, then all side quest items will scale to level 50.

The Rokstar posted:

Yeah don't worry about it, finding a gun doesn't preclude you from finding a higher-level version of the same gun later. The Infinity is extremely rare though, so you may very well not find another one anyway (without duping) though!

Will there be more guns out there with infinite ammo, or will ~50ish damage will cut it as a hold-out pistol for the rest of the game? :shobon:

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
I have a pistol at 50 that does ~7000 damage and even that's hardly a showstopping amount of damage so no, that one's not gonna last you all that long. Infinite ammo guns don't come around much but you can get class mods with ammo regen usually.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Since you're using the gunzerker I wouldn't worry too much about ammo unless you're dual wielding the same type of gun and even then you can use the hoarder class mod for bullet regen. To put things in perspective a level 50 infinity can have 9k damage so yeah that one ain't gonna last long.

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

Father Wendigo posted:

Will there be more guns out there with infinite ammo, or will ~50ish damage will cut it as a hold-out pistol for the rest of the game? :shobon:

ammunition is not a concern for the mighty gunzerker.

You might want to stash that gun for a later character but you'll quickly outlevel it and eventually even your melee will hit 100X harder.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Yeah don't get rid of that gun, it will be useful for leveling up new characters later, but it certainly won't last you forever. I have a few sub-level 20 legendaries that I hand down from character to character but they don't usually last me all the way through Normal, let alone TVHM mode.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
I have a Lv 20 shotgun I have for future characters. It ran my Mechro from 20 to about Lv 27 before the benefits couldn't make up for the low power. It's now in holding until I get my third or fourth-tier characters (Gunzerker/Commando) to that point. Having a homing shotgun helps in the early going.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
Has there been any news about the third campaign DLC?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

smashpro1 posted:

Has there been any news about the third campaign DLC?
Yes there has

For anyone that does it, is the 4 player glitch even worth it? Does it increase legendary loot drops to the point where it's worth busting my arse back and forth?

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Yes there has

For anyone that does it, is the 4 player glitch even worth it? Does it increase legendary loot drops to the point where it's worth busting my arse back and forth?

4 player glitch? Are you just having 3 guests join and increase the drop rate?

Edit: if you are, I wonder if you could dupe the rare loot relic and have all 4 players equipping it

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It was proven in the early days of this thread, when the crust was still hot and molten with enthusiasm, that the rare loot relic is poo poo and the only way it could possibly be worse is if it didn't do anything and just said it did.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

4 player glitch? Are you just having 3 guests join and increase the drop rate?

Edit: if you are, I wonder if you could dupe the rare loot relic and have all 4 players equipping it
There's a glitch with the new Invincible bosses in the Scarlett DLC. If you even enter the arena (You don't even need to pay, just walk up to the gate and it should work), the game seems to think you have 4 players, even if you're solo. You'll know if it worked if you have full ammo and can hold X at an ammo crate to pick up more (The game prevents this in solo and just says FULL). So everything is scaled for 4 players, including theoretically loot drop rates.

I've been using it to try to farm Vermivorous lately and it's been working out, but here's still a bitch to spawn on his last form. But I'm wondering if it affects things like Terra and Warrior drops, the treasure room loot and any general bosses.

By the way, Terra is actually a challenge this way. I've died on him plenty of times this way even with the Bee/CC combo.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

There's a glitch with the new Invincible bosses in the Scarlett DLC. If you even enter the arena (You don't even need to pay, just walk up to the gate and it should work), the game seems to think you have 4 players, even if you're solo. You'll know if it worked if you have full ammo and can hold X at an ammo crate to pick up more (The game prevents this in solo and just says FULL). So everything is scaled for 4 players, including theoretically loot drop rates.

I've been using it to try to farm Vermivorous lately and it's been working out, but here's still a bitch to spawn on his last form. But I'm wondering if it affects things like Terra and Warrior drops, the treasure room loot and any general bosses.

By the way, Terra is actually a challenge this way. I've died on him plenty of times this way even with the Bee/CC combo.

How do you activate the glitch?

Edit: I don't think having multiple players affects treasure room loot, although I don't have much experience with multiple players in my session. I still turn on pub matches just in case anyone joins and I get lucky

abaddonis fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Dec 5, 2012

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

How do you activate the glitch?

Edit: I don't think having multiple players affects treasure room loot, although I don't have much experience with multiple players in my session. I still turn on pub matches just in case anyone joins and I get lucky
Walk into either Hyperius' or Master Gee's gate. It should tell you you've entered their arena (For some reason it doesn't say it for Hyperius, but it still gives the same effect). Afterwards, fill up on ammo, then try to pick up more by holding X. If you can, then it's working.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

Kifisonfire posted:

Walk into either Hyperius' or Master Gee's gate. It should tell you you've entered their arena (For some reason it doesn't say it for Hyperius, but it still gives the same effect). Afterwards, fill up on ammo, then try to pick up more by holding X. If you can, then it's working.

Interesting...

I haven't unlocked Master Gee yet, because I can't find enough/the right people to kill hyperius. Is Gee a pain in the rear end to get to like Hyperius is?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

abaddonis posted:

Interesting...

I haven't unlocked Master Gee yet, because I can't find enough/the right people to kill hyperius. Is Gee a pain in the rear end to get to like Hyperius is?
Gee's easier to get to than Hyperius, there's only crystalisk and skags inbetween.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

abaddonis posted:

Interesting...

I would join you to kill hyperius but for some reason I can never connect to you. The commando has been the only one that I can consistently solo him with thanks to those turret shields.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Kifisonfire posted:

Yes there has

Should be noted that this is really only confirming what we already knew, that a 3rd DLC is indeed being planned and that it will be out before the heat death of the universe in however many billions of years. People are going to say there's an implication that this means Pitchford confirmed DLC before 12/21 but I reeeeeeeally doubt that what's he meant.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Don't know what I've done to piss off the game tonight but I've fought nothing but badass enemies. The kicker? Loads of them were using amp shields with torgue weapons. Then there was the bandit camp of Juggernauts dual wielding launchers.....

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
on right now (360) if anyone wants to hook a brotha up. GT armandito360

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I'm at the end of my first playthough, Lvl 34, and the only thing I have left before beating the game is the Hyperion Slaughterhouse. Round 4 is utterly kicking my rear end. Is there any way to cheese this solo?

Playing as a Commando, and I know I could probably just try and hide in one of the containers and keep throwing my turret out, but even trying that method I'm still dying somehow.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

qbert posted:

I'm at the end of my first playthough, Lvl 34, and the only thing I have left before beating the game is the Hyperion Slaughterhouse. Round 4 is utterly kicking my rear end. Is there any way to cheese this solo?

Playing as a Commando, and I know I could probably just try and hide in one of the containers and keep throwing my turret out, but even trying that method I'm still dying somehow.

Level to 50 and go back is pretty cheesy. ;)

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

You cannot lose if you do not play.
Do I have to kill Terramorpheus to get the all side quests completed achievement on 360?

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Do I have to kill Terramorpheus to get the all side quests completed achievement on 360?

Yes. And the raid bosses for the DLC achievement equivalents. (Not the main achievement)

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

Yeah. Hope you're 49 or 50 yet, though :)

e: ^^^ :argh:

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Wow, so apparently I literally could not have picked a worse boss to farm than Ol' Slappy because the Striker is worse than every blue Jakobs shotgun I've found.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

This is the face I made reading those replies.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

This is the face I made reading those replies.
That's understandable. Does he actually get more powerful if you "raid" him or does him being a raid boss mean he's always at full strength anyway?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Man, the Slayer of Terra mods, while not as good as the legendary mods, just rip right through the pirate DLC as almost everything there has a red health bar. Put a slag and a fire SMG on my 'Zerker and Went Hog Wild.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

The Rokstar posted:

Should be noted that this is really only confirming what we already knew, that a 3rd DLC is indeed being planned and that it will be out before the heat death of the universe in however many billions of years. People are going to say there's an implication that this means Pitchford confirmed DLC before 12/21 but I reeeeeeeally doubt that what's he meant.
After the first 2 expansions I hope the spend a little longer on the third. I liked the humour and all but the ending to the first felt rushed and the second just felt half baked in general. I also don't understand seraph crystals at all as the seraph weapons don't have any special purpose and aren't any good.

Delicious Sci Fi
Jul 17, 2006

Mr Phillby posted:

After the first 2 expansions I hope the spend a little longer on the third. I liked the humour and all but the ending to the first felt rushed and the second just felt half baked in general. I also don't understand seraph crystals at all as the seraph weapons don't have any special purpose and aren't any good.

The pacing on Captain Scarlett's was odd, it had slow pacing to get the compass pieces but after that it felt like you got rushed through the rest.

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

I am Reverend posted:

Wow, so apparently I literally could not have picked a worse boss to farm than Ol' Slappy because the Striker is worse than every blue Jakobs shotgun I've found.
The Striker was my go-to weapon with my Mechro when I was majorly into Anarchy. But yeah other than that it is kind of poo poo. Nice looking gun though I suppose.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Delicious Sci Fi posted:

The pacing on Captain Scarlett's was odd, it had slow pacing to get the compass pieces but after that it felt like you got rushed through the rest.

It did seem unfinished.
You never get to have it out with Scarlett. She just kind of vanishes after that Roscoe? Rover? fight. I thought you would have a chance at killing her with her own pistol after picking it up but nope. Maybe in another chapter we will but a lot of the story and humour is about her inevitable betrayal and to not have a face off seems wrong.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
For fucks sake, just farming Henry for one of the heads and guess what he goes and drops? The Cradle, suppose I'll throw it in the bank for other dudes to use when they get to level 20ish.

Edit:Make that two cradles.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 5, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Sleekly posted:

It did seem unfinished.
You never get to have it out with Scarlett. She just kind of vanishes after that Roscoe? Rover? fight. I thought you would have a chance at killing her with her own pistol after picking it up but nope. Maybe in another chapter we will but a lot of the story and humour is about her inevitable betrayal and to not have a face off seems wrong.

What I'm hoping they're doing is keeping all the characters alive so they can all be involved in the inevitable takedown of the giant Hyperion moon base. That would be awesome :black101:

Starrett
Mar 22, 2006

Forum Oddity
Or make them playable!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

/\ /\ Or that. First thing I would do with Mr Torque is just let him rage out while I leave him staring at a vending machine or something. He'd have the best idle lines.

Monkey Fracas posted:

What I'm hoping they're doing is keeping all the characters alive so they can all be involved in the inevitable takedown of the giant Hyperion moon base. That would be awesome :black101:

That would be badass. I love killing those whiny robots. Killing whiny robots in space would rock. Melting whiny robots into acid puddles in low gravity...:black101: for sure :)

• Locked thread