Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

skog posted:

"Balm" has to be the most powerful episode of televsion I've ever seen, I seriously don't think anything is going to top that for a really long time, if ever.

In that case, I recommend against catching up with the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

solovyov posted:

In that case, I recommend against catching up with the thread.

And watching more TV.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Pron on VHS posted:

And watching more TV.

Seriously I can name at least ten shows he needs to watch.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

skog posted:

Just got all caught up (started from season 1 about a month ago). I'm surprised how much I love the show. "Balm" has to be the most powerful episode of televsion I've ever seen, I seriously don't think anything is going to top that for a really long time, if ever.

Yeah that was a really good episode. Imagine if they had kept the show on that level.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
When do you guys feel the series starts to take a dive? I liked season two and most of season one, but season three starts to drag (although I guess I liked the finale). Season 4 so far is pretty crappy and derivative.

Donny Brook
Jul 23, 2007

Hello Ladies

Rest In Peace
Dave
(aka Donny Brook)
1963-2013
Goonspeed, friend

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

When do you guys feel the series starts to take a dive? I liked season two and most of season one, but season three starts to drag (although I guess I liked the finale). Season 4 so far is pretty crappy and derivative.

Season 3 Episode 2

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Season 3 was around the time where it started following this formula of 39 minutes of :jerkbag: and 5 minutes of real development (each episode is about 44 minutes sans commercials. 59 minutes during those extended episodes). You can just about skip the entire season aside from the finale and get what you need for seasons 4 and 5.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
My wife wandered in, never having seen SOA before, and wondered why I was watching a soap. I didn't really have any reply so I just sat there sheepishly. Like sands through an hourglass, so are the days of Jax' life. For some reason I'm hoping it ends exactly like The Sopranos- Jax and family run from the thug life and stop in a diner for dinner...

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Ghostpilot posted:

Season 3 was around the time where it started following this formula of 39 minutes of :jerkbag: and 5 minutes of real development (each episode is about 44 minutes sans commercials. 59 minutes during those extended episodes). You can just about skip the entire season aside from the finale and get what you need for seasons 4 and 5.

Hey now, I will not have you besmirching the grand and storied tradition of pointless chase scenes in every episode set to generic buttrock taken from mp3.com :mad:

e: Yeah it fits well within the category of not good, but entertaining.
vvvvvvvvvv

Alec Bald Snatch fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Dec 4, 2012

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I know that this show gets a lot of hate and to be honest I agree that it deserves it but I'm really enjoying this season. I don't know that I would call this good TV but I just can't stop watching. Every week I laugh at how stupid some of the things they do are yet every week I keep coming back, watching it, enjoying it while it's on, and then hating it when it's over.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Gordong Dongbay posted:

I know that this show gets a lot of hate and to be honest I agree that it deserves it but I'm really enjoying this season. I don't know that I would call this good TV but I just can't stop watching. Every week I laugh at how stupid some of the things they do are yet every week I keep coming back, watching it, enjoying it while it's on, and then hating it when it's over.

I don't think I 'hate' it, but this is pretty much me.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Donny Brook posted:

Season 3 Episode 2

Yup. The first episode was good, but killing off Hale at the end was stupid. From there on in, the stupidly long time it takes to get to Ireland basically almost kills the show and the general shittyness once they do actually make it there (something every fan had been looking forward too ever since the Belfast chapter was mentioned, no matter what Sutter believes) finishes the job.

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008
I will never stop watching the show as long as it keeps giving me manly men giving each other very manly straight hugs and kisses :3:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Man, tonight is the season finale.

Will Jax finally get to the bottom of this?!?

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
they should name the final episode ever 'The Bottom Of This'.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

I used to think, "Oh, it's Tuesday. Sons is on tonight."

Now it's, "gently caress I forgot it's Tuesday. I have to watch Sons tonight."

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Junior G-man posted:

Man, tonight is the season finale.

Will Jax finally get to the bottom of this?!?

This has been such a do-nothing season. I mean techincally a whole bunch of stupid poo poo happened, it's just that it's so trivial and without consequence that it doesn't even matter that it occured at all. Featuring Smits and Logue this season was good because their characters are decent and impact the plot in some way but what's up with the terrible cameos? Shoehorning Joel McHale and Dave Navarro in there was just awful. They were total throwaway characters that didn't need to be there in the first place. They served the explicit purpose of being able to list their names in the opening credits.

I hope Louis CK gets the Walton Goggin's treatment and at least gets a memorable scene. I'm afraid they'll get him to stand at a bus stop, say 'I am waiting for a bus', get on the bus, and that'll be it.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

mookface posted:

I hope Louis CK gets the Walton Goggin's treatment and at least gets a memorable scene. I'm afraid they'll get him to stand at a bus stop, say 'I am waiting for a bus', get on the bus, and that'll be it.

It'd be great if they went the route of the last decade or so of the Simpsons and had him guest star as himself and awkwardly shoehorned him into the plot.

Actually the one thing I'm hoping for before the show ends is one character doing a quick look to the camera akin to Eddie Murphy in pretty much every one of his 80s movies. We're getting past the point where Sutter should pretend he was in on the joke all along.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
I thought the Louis CK thing was a joke.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

watt par posted:

It'd be great if they went the route of the last decade or so of the Simpsons and had him guest star as himself and awkwardly shoehorned him into the plot.

Actually the one thing I'm hoping for before the show ends is one character doing a quick look to the camera akin to Eddie Murphy in pretty much every one of his 80s movies. We're getting past the point where Sutter should pretend he was in on the joke all along.

There was that episode of Louie where he drove a motorcyle like a retard and totally wiped it out. He's a natural.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Just watched Raising Hope.. Filthy Phil just had a cameo in his SAMCRO cut. Babysitting, naturally.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Shaman Ooglaboogla posted:

Season 3 the episode where Jax decided he didn't want the Abel back. It was probably falling off before then but that was when I started to accept it.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Calling it now, something "bad" is gonna happen to Tara

[img-Sutterjerkoff]

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Tonight we will find out Henry Lin is really a member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, and SAMCRO is royally hosed.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
Jax returns to find Lee relaxing on a bench made from the bones of Tara and Otto roasting marshmallows over a smouldering crater where the clubhouse once stood; he vows to get to the bottom of it.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

KidDynamite posted:

Season 3 the episode where Jax decided he didn't want the Abel back. It was probably falling off before then but that was when I started to accept it.

I tend to think you guys are a bit too hard on this show at times, but this was one of the very few times the show actively pissed me off. Jax wanting to let Able go made no sense.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

The SARS Volta posted:

Calling it now, something "bad" is gonna happen to Tara

[img-Sutterjerkoff]

Tara is killed so then Jax has to go back to Wendy to raise the kids.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

geeves posted:

Tara is killed so then Jax has to go back to Wendy to raise the kids.

And shoots her in the other leg, just for good measure.

Mental Hospitality
Jan 5, 2011

Time to start drinking heavily!

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Man I didn't even need to watch this season. That previously on covered everything. Except Sutter jerking off.

WHAT IS THIS SONG.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Lol this loving song

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
And we start with more crappy covers (I still maintain Ruby Tuesday was good).

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners
Took the boys,
Looking to score
Love
W

Recursive
Jul 15, 2006

... but then again, who does?
Oh, this is so bad.

At what point did this seem like a good idea?

Makarov_
Jun 10, 2006

"It's our year" - Makarov_ January 2018
Kurt Sutter announced that the entirety of season 6 Sons episodes will be music montages.

Aesion
Mar 14, 2010

Got a good night's rest after assaulting my ex-wife

Cluricaun
Jul 31, 2009

Bang.
The whole show will be a montage to this song

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Tara's arm is pregnant!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

nooneofconsequence posted:

Man I didn't even need to watch this season. That previously on covered everything. Except Sutter jerking off.

WHAT IS THIS SONG.

AAAALLLLllllLLLLLLLL - that's what it sounds like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneakySneaks
Feb 11, 2006
Calling second in command kills Pope and places the blame on the club.

• Locked thread