Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

SniperWoreConverse posted:

What was that archive site again? The op isn't exactly up to date with that kind of stuff.

http://www.tailsgetstrolled.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Duh, why didn't I try that? Thanks.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
Lazerbot really delving into the world of TES makes me wish the swearing mudcrabs would make an appearance.

Cechmanek
Jan 25, 2007

DAMN
YOU
SHADOW!!

horriblePencilist posted:

Rob's head in the first panel :ohdear:

I love panel 4.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Zapdos posted:

Wait didn't this already happen? Didn't Rob grab him out of the wall already?

It's clear from the "........" that Hindo thought up some kind of a trap this time.

ClownSyndrome
Sep 2, 2011

Do you think love can bloom on bob-omb Battlefield?
I initially thought Rob was yelling SHOW TIME! :unsmith:

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Man, just compare this to TGT's first fight.

LazyB made all sorts of improvements.

His birthday is tomorrow! Anyone getting him something?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

You know, there's a difference between being a cool fan and a creepy stalker-type.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BagH-PvUL2s

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

this panel FINALLY made me figure out of whom Hindo was reminding me: James Hetfield :black101:

(he always had that chin beard in my head)

Arthur Crackpot
Sep 4, 2011

Proceed in a str8 line shaped like a perpetually shifting torus knot until you feel a sense of despair transcending all mortal comprehension, then hang a right at the next octopus, she'll be in the first room on the left

Following this comic has been interesting in that you can watch Lazerbot's skills improve almost from page to page. He still has a long way to go, of course, but the fact that he's now experimenting with things like lighting, shading and perspective shows great promise.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cyfad posted:

(he always had that chin beard in my head)

I love that we have to specify "chin beard" nowadays :neckbeard:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Man, just compare this to TGT's first fight.

We'd be better off celebrating the web-comics anniversary than lazy's birthday. :colbert:
Does anyone remember when the comic started? :confused:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Arthur Crackpot posted:

Following this comic has been interesting in that you can watch Lazerbot's skills improve almost from page to page. He still has a long way to go, of course, but the fact that he's now experimenting with things like lighting, shading and perspective shows great promise.

It's interesting though, even back in the early chapters there's a sense of dynamism and flow that some artists never capture *coughB^Ucough*. I mean, just look here:

Panel 4 especially, you can see the weight behind the punch, even if the anatomy is way off.

e: To compare:

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 2, 2012

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Fucknag posted:

It's interesting though, even back in the early chapters there's a sense of dynamism and flow that some artists never capture *coughB^Ucough*. I mean, just look here:

Panel 4 especially, you can see the weight behind the punch, even if the anatomy is way off.

Okay, I actually laughed at a CAD strip for once.
First panel ruins all redeeming qualities though.
A shame Buckley just pasted the fist over Ethans normal face.
No lines of motion or anything.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
I wonder if CAD would actually be entertaining if someone like Lazerbot got his hands on it. At the very least, the art and dialogue would improve.

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

Themata posted:

I wonder if CAD would actually be entertaining if someone like Lazerbot got his hands on it. At the very least, the art and dialogue would improve.

allatonce.png would be 10x longer though.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

ZuljinRaynor posted:

I would be ecstatic to get that much lazerbot goodness in one shot.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

ZuljinRaynor posted:

GamesGamesBowl.pdf would also be drawn out and be more like Battle Royale and The Hunger Games, with contestants killing one another.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Young Freud posted:

GamesGamesBowl.pdf would also be drawn out and be more like Battle Royale and The Hunger Games, with contestants killing one another.

Lazerbot would also welcome drawing all of it.

Edit 1: And after "The End", there would be a blank panel and the next one will be Ethan going "What a weird daydream."

Edit 2: Abbygate wouldn't happen, because Lazerbot actually designs his own OCs, and a robot made out of an Xbox would actually be a good character.

The MSJ fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 3, 2012

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

scarycave posted:

We'd be better off celebrating the web-comics anniversary than lazy's birthday. :colbert:
Does anyone remember when the comic started? :confused:

He posted the first two pages on October 10th, 2011. The thread was not started until February. He actually left it lingering for a while after Sonic's death until this thread gave the comic attention, if you look at the dates on Deviantart! If not for SA, he might not have kept going.

EDIT: With regards to LB's artistic ability, I think the most impressive thing is that he has a really good idea of how the characters will look in motion. His art's rough around the edges but it rarely looks "flat", there's impact to it when his characters hit each other. It's something he gets down better than me and I'm in college for this junk!

nerdbot fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Dec 3, 2012

ZuljinRaynor
Apr 25, 2010

NERD LICENSE IMMUNITY
It's just been revoked!

The MSJ posted:

Edit 1: And after "The End", there would be a blank panel and the next one will be Ethan going "What a weird daydream."

And that's how Tim should have done his reboot.

grading essays nude
Oct 24, 2009

so why dont we
put him into a canan
and shoot him into the trolls base where
ever it is and let him kill all of them. its
so perfect that it can't go wrong.

i think its the best plan i
have ever heard in my life
Not sure if I prefer Loss not happening at all under LB, or whatever spin LB would put on Loss.

Redeadagain
Jan 10, 2009

this shall be
humorous
Darth would have been shot through the face.

Sniped. Excuse me.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

cletepurcel posted:

Not sure if I prefer Loss not happening at all under LB, or whatever spin LB would put on Loss.

I don't think anyone other than Buckley could have produced Loss.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

cletepurcel posted:

Have we so soon forgotten the saga of Porky Pig?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Fucknag posted:

This guy can take a hard sucker punch to the nose without even staggering. I have to admit that's pretty impressive. Oh wait no, it's just Buckley being a bad artist.

That's what I like about lazerbot; even if his art is not very good in any objective sense, the mere fact that he shows improvement and a willingness to experiment puts him ahead of people like Buckley.

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Dec 3, 2012

Undead Unicorn
Sep 14, 2010

by Lowtax

Satanos posted:

Have we so soon forgotten the saga of Porky Pig?

See, but that was meant to be unironiclly funny even if it was morbid as hell. Loss is Buckley going for weird drama and failing badly.

Loss under LB would result in the miscarriaged infant strangling Ethan to death with it's umbilical cord, while saying something actually funny.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

Fucknag posted:

I want to see an episode of Tom and Jerry with action lines done by Tim Buckley.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

I want to see an episode of Tom and Jerry with action lines done by Tim Buckley.

Blind Ferret Studios presents: CAD - Tom and Jarry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR7m-4Vc3MU
Not really, but its the closet thing we've got to a Buckley episode of Tom and Jarry.

I wonder if Blind Ferret would ever make an animated series of tails gets trolled if it got popular enough.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 4, 2012

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

scarycave posted:

I wonder if Blind Ferret would ever make an animated series of tails gets trolled if it got popular enough.

The only people who could match Lazerbot's insane action is Madhouse or Studio 4C.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Young Freud posted:

The only people who could match Lazerbot's insane action is Madhouse or Studio 4C.

And it could only be shown in those 4D theatre things.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Studio DEEN's Tails Gets Trolled :getin:

cloudy music
Aug 23, 2008
I really hope one of the stoner characters like Knuckles or Cheeto Man somehow ends up smoking out Demaro. I wanna see how a maniac with exclusively negative emotions reacts to trying weed.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

cloudy music posted:

I really hope one of the stoner characters like Knuckles or Cheeto Man somehow ends up smoking out Demaro. I wanna see how a maniac with exclusively negative emotions reacts to trying weed.
He would probably turn into a "good" guy.
Or end up getting eaten by the Eyecipede/Centipeye/Sintipede for showing emotion.

Has anyone asked Lazy if Sintipede has an official name?

scarycave fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 5, 2012

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

I've been going with Centeyepede, but the problem there is that makes it sound like it has a hundred eyes, or eyes for feet.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

The thing is basically a satanic Gohma from Legend of Zelda.

I like Sintipede though.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

nerdbot posted:

The thing is basically a satanic Gohma from Legend of Zelda.

I like Sintipede though.

His eye makes me think of Vaati from the Four-Sword/Minish Cap games.

Speaking of Zelda, I'd love to see Groose appear as a troll.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Dec 5, 2012

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
You know, if it wasn't for the million licensed characters, this comic would make a great toyline. We have a new design every 3 pages, and it takes LazyB a single panel to make us fall in love with a troll.

Edit: I guess this is actually already happening to an extent; we have goons who spent 10 bucks to have a picture of random trolls next to their posts. I'd say LazerBot is entitled to at least 30%.

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 5, 2012

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Plutonis posted:

Studio DEEN's Tails Gets Trolled :getin:

I'm sorry, but only Brain's Base could live up to lazerbot's exacting visual style. :colbert:

That said, ACC Production could give Brain's Base a run for their money in the animated TGT sweepstakes

ComradeCosmobot fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Dec 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
I've asked this a couple of times before - is Lazerbot aware that the paywall's been taken down and that he can read the thread again?