Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Oh yeaaaaah

How do you get those? I think I'll feel better about dumping the shield skills if I had that.

SLink max I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

It's the bonus skill from Naoto's third persona.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

The GIG posted:

SLink max I think.

No I have Kanji max and he hasn't learned his yet, maybe Max+new persona evolution?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
That's it. Max their Link, then, after January, they'll want to talk to you about how they've changed over the year. This gives them their third Persona and unique skill.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

Is it just me or did Golden pretty much turn Naoto into the best party member?

Naoto can, potently hit any element, has Mind Charge and Invigorate and can easily handle everything with Almightly spells. Shreds random Shadows with Light and Dark, and is just amazing overall.

The story part of the game has to constantly remind you how awesome it thinks Naoto is so they just got around to making the dungeon sections finish the job.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

It makes sense though. You get Naoto last, with 0 S.Link, at a point of the game where you could conceivably have 2 or 3 people with upgraded Personas and their full S.Link unlock stuff. You get your other new party members almost every dungeon but you need to beat 2 whole dungeons before you get Naoto, and by the end of the 5th dungeon your party setup and strategy is probably set in stone.

You shouldn't have to deal with a character that's WORSE than your existing party when you already deal with all those handicaps.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Rasamune posted:

Is there a single point in this game where the guys are not being shat on? :v:

Yosuke generally has it coming.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dr Pepper posted:

Is it just me or did Golden pretty much turn Naoto into the best party member?

Naoto can, potently hit any element, has Mind Charge and Invigorate and can easily handle everything with Almightly spells. Shreds random Shadows with Light and Dark, and is just amazing overall.

Yukiko is far, far better. I have no idea why they decided to give an already extremely powerful character with an absolutely endless SP pool Mind Charge, Darkness, and an absurdly powerful fire spell, but they sure did. You can give her Spirit Drain as well, but man, there are only so many skill slots.

I put her in the most ideal situation possible against the final boss (overlevel because the game wouldn't let me NOT be overlevel, heat riser, debilitate, mind charge), and she dealt 1500+ damage per attack. With Power Charge and Primal Force Kanji was just dealing around 1000 (which is still quite a lot.)

Seriously, Yukiko is almost too powerful now.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
How is Amagidyne? Does it deal that much more than Maragidyne? Would it be worth casting it instead of Agidyne with Mind Charge if I'm after raw DPS?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I'm fairly certain it's to Maragidyne what Maragidyne is to Maragion. A full tier of damage above it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

How is Amagidyne? Does it deal that much more than Maragidyne? Would it be worth casting it instead of Agidyne with Mind Charge if I'm after raw DPS?

I overwrote Agidyne with it, but it really does deal a comical amount of damage. Like I said, under the same conditions with Primal Force Kanji was dealing 2/3rds the amount of damage as Yukiko with Burning Petals. Its attack power is probably about on par with Primal Force in terms of power, I just had Yukiko with Fire Boost and Amp, so it got boosted a lot.

Like I said, though, my final Yukiko only had Burning Petals since I overwrote both Agidynes. I can't compare it directly. According to the page about Yukiko's third persona on this wiki I found, it IS a full tier above Maragidyne like the above poster said (Maragidyne- Large fire damage, Burning Petals- Severe fire damage. So probably think Ragnarok I guess.)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Burning Petals is severe damage to Maragidyne's heavy damage. Yeah, full tier up.

U.T. Raptor posted:

The game is just catching up, that's all :colbert:

You might be biased :v: (I am too, though.)

I usually run MC/Naoto/Yukiko, with the last slot changing up a bunch. MC Debilitates, Naoto Heat Rises, Yukiko Mind Charges, and the battle's over by the next turn. Rise's extra skills help out a whole bunch, too.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Larsson posted:

Going to roll all the ladies in my party in preparation for Nanako's dungeon, just because I can. Girl power :toot:

Will our young hero be in drag for this? :v:

Radish posted:

The story part of the game has to constantly remind you how awesome it thinks Naoto is so they just got around to making the dungeon sections finish the job.

Well Naoto is awesome. :colbert:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Burning Petals is severe damage to Maragidyne's heavy damage. Yeah, full tier up.

You might be biased :v: (I am too, though.)

I usually run MC/Naoto/Yukiko, with the last slot changing up a bunch. MC Debilitates, Naoto Heat Rises, Yukiko Mind Charges, and the battle's over by the next turn. Rise's extra skills help out a whole bunch, too.

I have auto-mataru so it's just teddie casting rakunda while everyone else does their power/mind charges

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

So what's a good early persona to get that has Almighty damage, I need to farm rare monsters for some good exp.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The earliest source of Almighty damage is Thoth, a Persona of the Emperor Arcana, which is level 35 and innately knows Megido.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

Taotie, a Tower Persona, also knows Megido starting out. I think it also learns mind charge a little down the line, but obviously you might get a few bonus levels from having the Emperor link already, versus probably not having the Tower link at that point.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Is it really called Amagidyne? Because if so that's the best name for a skill since Maralagidyne.

Incidentally, isn't there supposed to be a mini-boss in Void Quest? I always remember it because of the time Chie Galactic Punted it into space in the original. Guess it might have been another dungeon. I think it was a big hand?

Rasamune
Jan 19, 2011

MORT
MORT
MORT

McDragon posted:

Is it really called Amagidyne? Because if so that's the best name for a skill since Maralagidyne.

Incidentally, isn't there supposed to be a mini-boss in Void Quest? I always remember it because of the time Chie Galactic Punted it into space in the original. Guess it might have been another dungeon. I think it was a big hand?

Yes, there is. He's a bit out of the way, but you can't beat the dungeon unless you beat him.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

McDragon posted:

Unfortunately, it's not called Amagidyne. That would be perfect. Instead, it's called "Burning Petals."

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Rasamune posted:

Yes, there is. He's a bit out of the way, but you can't beat the dungeon unless you beat him.

Ah, drat. I guess the door to the boss is locked then, because I got up there but haven't tried opening it yet.

King of Solomon posted:

Unfortunately, it's not called Amagidyne. That would be perfect. Instead, it's called "Burning Petals."

That's a real shame. Oh well, guess I'll just call it Amagidyne anyway.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

e: damit

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Chie's punted the thing each time I've come across it. :v: I barely remember it either.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Aww yeah, Victory Cry is mine. :hellyeah:

edit: but now I have to backtrack through this dungeon to get the stupid key I missed. Oops.

edit 2: and while doing that a Shuffle Time upgraded Megidola to Megidolaon, on Thoth. He's the Victory Cry guy. :unsmigghh:

McDragon fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Dec 6, 2012

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
There's something bittersweet about getting a Magician card on your best persona and being told there're no more skills to upgrade.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

McDragon posted:

Aww yeah, Victory Cry is mine. :hellyeah:

edit: but now I have to backtrack through this dungeon to get the stupid key I missed. Oops.

edit 2: and while doing that a Shuffle Time upgraded Megidola to Megidolaon, on Thoth. He's the Victory Cry guy. :unsmigghh:

You're well on your way to the kind of silliness I had lategame, then. Every Persona I fused had both Megidolaon and Victory Cry, ever since I fused Lilith. It was great. :allears:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
To the dude appropriately named "gently caress", I appreciate all the creativity it took to put together your name, but I refuse to send you a rescue request.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I think I've seen that guy around a few times. What other names has everyone seen that's not one of the bog standard ones?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yukari posted:

I think I've seen that guy around a few times. What other names has everyone seen that's not one of the bog standard ones?

I saw burptown.

Also just finished my first playthrough with the true end, what a great game. I'm eager to dive back in for max s.links, is there a guide out there to help me out with it or has one been made yet?

Edit: Also Marie is the best (Valentine day spoiler) Was so happy to not see her on v.day, I romanced her because heat of the moment choice, turned down Yukiko which made me feel bad, then went with Chie and was happy. "Thank god Marie didn't show up."

Then she was waiting outside the house with terror chocolate. She didn't seem to mind Chie either, she was totally cool with it, that's great.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 7, 2012

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

McDragon posted:

That's a real shame. Oh well, guess I'll just call it Amagidyne anyway.

It's a good thing the game makes up for it with Kanji's skill: The Man's Way. :allears:

e: And I didn't really care about P3P all that much when I played it, but goddamn am I loving all the new P3 references in Golden. They mention Natsuki during the ski trip!

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 7, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Valentine's Day! I was warned but I was not prepared! Why do I feel like an rear end in a top hat, it's a videogame :negative:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Schubalts posted:

Valentine's Day! I was warned but I was not prepared! Why do I feel like an rear end in a top hat, it's a videogame :negative:

How many did you have to turn down, and who'd you end up going with?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Cannot Find Server posted:

How many did you have to turn down, and who'd you end up going with?

2, Chie and Yukiko. I went with Rise, because I read that she would actually cry if rejected. I would have had to turn down Ai and Naoto, too, if I hadn't accidentally friend-zoned them.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
I can't wait to get past 2/14 so I can read these juicy spoilers :allears:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Just don't be a Natural Gigolo and you'll be fine.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Larsson posted:

To the dude appropriately named "gently caress", I appreciate all the creativity it took to put together your name, but I refuse to send you a rescue request.

I wish I could get someone named gently caress. All I get are boring names with the default message :smith:

[e] I love how many gold hands this game generates especially since I just got Megadoleon on two people (one with mind charge), so I can pretty much take out however many spawn in one turn. so much gold and experience :getin:

DrManiac fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 7, 2012

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Pfft, Megidolaon. Look at this scrub without the Morning Star.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pollyanna posted:

Just don't be a Natural Gigolo and you'll be fine.

Umm... I'm pretty sure that's never not an option.

Besides everyone knows that you dump everybody and then ride off into the sunset with Teddie to start your new life together.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
Just make everyone (Except Nanako and that one kid you tutor) romancable. I want the Old lady to get in a fight with the nurse and have Kanji blindside them. I want Inaba to erupt in riots after every social advance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The GIG posted:

Just make everyone (Except Nanako and that one kid you tutor) romancable. I want the Old lady to get in a fight with the nurse and have Kanji blindside them. I want Inaba to erupt in riots after every social advance.

Or just make Kanji romanceable. That would be good enough.

• Locked thread