Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

mentholmoose posted:

FWIW, I had Phil Douglas in my minors during the EC, and at the end of April it had him rated at 91. Here's the screenshot:

The Providence Barons used 1912 Claude Hendrix in the EC, and it shows him with an 86/90 rating. That was his second year in the league. By 1919 he's got a significant amount of MLB experience, so he should be close to that 90. Here's the screenshot of that:

I'll agree to this trade with the stipulations you mentioned above. The PTBNL I'd like is 1964 Robin Roberts. If by some chance they're actually average above 92, for the second PTBNL I'll take 1932 Eppa Rixey.

It's my understanding that my current pick runs out at 6 PM PST. Hence, I'm going to give Cthulhu til 5 PM PST to beat this offer, and if not I accept in all particulars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Luna Landers Trade Block

In addition to baby Sherm Lollar, who we're still looking to move, we're adding:

1995 Greg Maddux, 19-2, 1.63 ERA, 7.87 K/BB.

We're not particularly eager to move him, but we have enough pitching depth to cover for him now. What we want in return: a superstar shortstop of the Ripken/Arky Vaughan/A-Rod level, who can hit and play defense.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Robert_Deadford posted:

Since everyone is getting all frisky with this whole trading malarkey, this is what I need, in order of priority:

some decent relievers;

a 3B who is a better hitter than John Valentin, and an equivalent fielder at worst;

an OF who gets on base better than Roger Maris;

a utility middle infielder.

What I can offer:

my remaining picks and/or all the unused players on my feeders (45 and 64 Yankees, 57 and 97 Red Sox, and there is an MVP lurking among them).

Here's a specific offer:

Bloggers give: 1934 Odell Hale + 1990 John Candelaria
Arguments give: Expansion Draft pick #38

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Dubai Dervishes trade:

1919 Joe Jackson
1978 Ozzie Smith
2004 Roy Oswalt

to

Florida Dickshots

for

1983 Cal Ripken, Jr.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Beet posted:

Dubai Dervishes trade:

1919 Joe Jackson
1978 Ozzie Smith
2004 Roy Oswalt

to

Florida Dickshots

for

1983 Cal Ripken, Jr.

The Dickshots confirm this trade.

edit: reposting for the new page https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkF311T6qtJidFJyZDFJNGpjRFllVG80MzFmTWJGQVE#gid=0

Monicro fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Dec 7, 2012

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

With the 33rd pick of the Dispersal Draft, the Web 2.0 BloggersBETA are pleased to select Mr. 1902 Noodles Hahn!

We also have a trade to announce.

Bloggers give: 1902 Noodles Hahn, 1968 John Hiller
Dervishes give: 1975 Carlton Fisk
Stipulation: This trade will not go into effect until the Bloggers trade 1932 Ernie Lombardi. (edit for pedantry: If the Bloggers do not trade Lombardi before the end of the Dispersal Draft, the trade will be void.)

Since we're not constrained by my draft pick anymore, I'm going to give CthulhuDreams (or anyone else) a chance to beat the following offer:

Bloggers give: 1932 Ernie Lombardi, 1964 Robin Roberts
Failures give: 1919 Phil Douglas, 1919 Claude Hendrix
Stipulations:
1) If Douglas and Hendrix average less than 87 OVR, Bloggers gain the right to cancel this trade until the first month of SuperLeague VIII has passed.
2) If Douglas and Hendrix average more than 92 OVR, Failures will also receive 1932 Eppa Rixey

If I don't receive a better offer by CthulhuDreams's next post, I'll accept both these trades.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Dec 7, 2012

Beet
Aug 24, 2003

The Dervishes accept the terms of the trade as stated by the Bloggers.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Tornados draft '01 Sliding Billy Hamilton

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

With the 35th pick, the Luna Landers select:

Don Sutton, RHP, 1979 Dodgers. And may God have mercy on our souls.

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Robert_Deadford posted:

Since everyone is getting all frisky with this whole trading malarkey, this is what I need, in order of priority:

some decent relievers;

a 3B who is a better hitter than John Valentin, and an equivalent fielder at worst;
I can offer you 93 Robin Ventura, who is much better than John Valentin in every way. How's this?

Arguments offer:
#38 pick
#61 pick

Losers offer:
93 Ventura
#80 pick

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
1) Robert_Deadford, if that offer beats mine please let me know if there's anything I can do in the way of MIF + RP + ??? to top it.

2) If anyone else wants to let me move up in the 3rd round, either adding a pick or swapping them, let me know.

3) If I were able to acquire a Robin Yount, would anyone with a plus-fielding SS be willing to swap with me? Whether I add something, you add something, or you just value defense less so we trade straight across.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.
Somebody trade me for their 3rd round pick. Just tell me what you want, because I really really want a third round pick, gosh darn it. I've got a '67 Denis Menke, a '74 Al Downing, some other stuff...

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Gah, it's already my turn once again? How long do I have to make my choice?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Pungry posted:

Gah, it's already my turn once again? How long do I have to make my choice?

12 hours..well, 11 now.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
'82 Robin Yount needs to be traded for '82 Robin Yount. I demand it.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

CraigK posted:

'82 Robin Yount needs to be traded for '82 Robin Yount. I demand it.

Hey, what would it take to get A-Rod from you? I'll start with '95 Greg Maddux.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

The Seattle Suicides, since they are under serious peer pressure to not play Brandon Inge and will be relegated immediately if they do play him, select with the 36th pick of the draft, 1955 Eddie Yost.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

mrnoun posted:

Hey, what would it take to get A-Rod from you? I'll start with '95 Greg Maddux.

A sexy-rear end shortstop + something else at the bare minumum. He's replacing Jim Fregosi.

Besides, I've got like seven SPs already. '95 Maddux would probably be like my fourth starter.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

To All Owners: I am going to draft the Mystery Box. Please do not draft the Mystery Box, as that is what I am going to draft in about 30 selections, and I cannot draft it if you already have. Thank you, and I hope you're as excited about this as I am (very).

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Reckon you'd best trade up then, friendo.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

ONE 1975 DWIGHT EVANS TO THE MAN WHO GIVES ME HIS DRAFT PICK. MONICRO, I'M LOOKING AT YOU. GIVE IT TO ME, AND YOU CAN HAVE MR. DWIGHT EVANS.

Cthulhu Dreams
Dec 11, 2010

If I pretend to be Cthulhu no one will know I'm a baseball robot.
:siren: Trade offer: 1911 Frank Smith for 1946 Mel Ott

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

:siren: Trade Offer :siren:

Elephants Get:
1967 Fergie Jenkins
Dickshots 3rd Round Draft Pick

Dickshots Get:
1993 Pedro Martinez
1975 Dwight Evans

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

It's been a busy day in Florida! The Dickshots approve both trades.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

With the 37th pick in the draft, the San Juan Elephants select.... ?? Mystery Box, FROM BEYOND SPACE AND TIME

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Hey Monicro, Robert_deadford, Shadowgamer, UZ worm, or Brooklyn Bruiser,
I want one of your upcoming picks. For this pick I am offering the following:

My supplemental round pick (#66)
One of the following: 72' Mel Stottlemyre or 76' Jim Kaat
One of the following: 06' Vernon Wells or 76' Gary Maddox

I'm willing to negotiate. If you are wondering, my feeders are the '76 Phillies, and the 95' and 72' Yankees. Be wary that I dumped some people from those teams in the Super Auction though.

e: I guess not Monicro, then.

e2: The Mystery Box is going to be Nick Punto. Please let it be Nick Punto.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 7, 2012

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

tatankatonk posted:

With the 37th pick in the draft, the San Juan Elephants select.... ?? Mystery Box, FROM BEYOND SPACE AND TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmqwbZa6_w

This is probably the only time in your life you'll be equated with Brad Pitt. Savor it.

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Dec 7, 2012

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BrooklynBruiser posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cmqwbZa6_w

This is probably the only time in your life you'll be compared to Brad Pitt. Savor it.

Let's hope that tatankatonk's reaction is about the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGgjATSt0vk

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

It's time. The San Juan Elephants, as a team, hold hands, gather around the Mystery Box, and slowly open it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ-uV72pQKI

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Mornacale posted:

With the 33rd pick of the Dispersal Draft, the Web 2.0 BloggersBETA are pleased to select Mr. 1902 Noodles Hahn!

We also have a trade to announce.

Bloggers give: 1902 Noodles Hahn, 1968 John Hiller
Dervishes give: 1975 Carlton Fisk
Stipulation: This trade will not go into effect until the Bloggers trade 1932 Ernie Lombardi. (edit for pedantry: If the Bloggers do not trade Lombardi before the end of the Dispersal Draft, the trade will be void.)

Since we're not constrained by my draft pick anymore, I'm going to give CthulhuDreams (or anyone else) a chance to beat the following offer:

Bloggers give: 1932 Ernie Lombardi, 1964 Robin Roberts
Failures give: 1919 Phil Douglas, 1919 Claude Hendrix
Stipulations:
1) If Douglas and Hendrix average less than 87 OVR, Bloggers gain the right to cancel this trade until the first month of SuperLeague VIII has passed.
2) If Douglas and Hendrix average more than 92 OVR, Failures will also receive 1932 Eppa Rixey

If I don't receive a better offer by CthulhuDreams's next post, I'll accept both these trades.

Cthulhu's reckless trading of Frank White means that I'm good for both of these trades to happen.

Faustoan Bargain
Dec 24, 2009

I'd sell my soul for a pitcher with a power sinker...
Not too pleased with my low spot in the supplemental round (did I gain anything but an unearned sense of achievement by getting into the EC playoffs?), I'm shopping some of my better feeder players and the incumbents whose roster spots they're gunning for (and I'm open to trading just about anyone outside of a few core guys, but most would take more than draft picks).

I've got decent starters - 1964 Al McBean, 2011 John Danks and Gavin Floyd, 2012 Ross Detwiler and Jordan Zimmermann, '11-12 Edwin Jacksons; comedy option 1964 Steve Blass; a few relievers - '64 Wilbur Wood and Roy Face, '11 Sergio Santos; and some solid hitters - '64 LF Jerry Lynch and C Smoky Burgess, '11 RF Carlos Quentin and SS Alexei Ramirez, '04 Rafael Palmeiro if you want to try to squeeze some HRs out of a 39-year-old, '11 Adam Dunn if you're not a fan of balls in play.

Defensive-minded teams might have interest in '64 Mazeroski or 2004 Jerry Hairston (if only for his utility-ness) while I continue to field a set of special gentlemen who make their pitchers cry.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."
I would like to formally announce that Mornacale has been granted a Money in the Bank Contract that allows him to challenge for any championship in a best-of-seven series at any time he chooses.

tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Mornacale! You'll never take my box! Elephants, believe in yourselves!

Roster:

C: 1967 Joe Torre
1B: 1967 Hank Aaron
2B: 1928 Rogers Hornsby
3B: 1985 Wade Boggs
SS: 1984 Julio Franco
LF: 1943 Stan Musial
CF: 1984 Brett Butler
RF: 1958 Al Kaline

C 1974 Joe Ferguson
2B 1974 Davey Lopes
1B 1974 Steve Garvey
UT 1967 Denis Menke
OF 1974 Jimmy Wynn

SP #1: 1962 Juan Marichal
SP #2: 1974 Don Sutton
SP #3: 1984 Bert Blyleven
SP #4: 1967 Fergie Jenkins
SP #5: 1958 Jim Bunning
CL: 1977 Dennis Eckersley
SU: 1974 Mike Marshall
SR: 1977 Jim Kern
SR: 1977 Larry Andersen
MR: 1967 Ron Reed
MR: 1967 Clay Carroll
LR: 1974 Andy Messersmith

Lineup:
code:
#1 Brett Butler CF
#2 Wade Boggs 3B
#3 Rogers Hornsby 2B
#4 Stan Musial LF
#5 Hank Aaron 1B
#6 Al Kaline RF
#7 Joe Torre C
#8 Julio Franco SS
Pitcher

tatankatonk fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Dec 7, 2012

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Smasher Dynamo posted:

I would like to formally announce that Mornacale has been granted a Money in the Bank Contract that allows him to challenge for any championship in a best-of-seven series at any time he chooses.

I'm formally cashing in my Money In the Bank for a chance at :siren::siren::siren: THE BOX :siren::siren::siren:

e:
Roster
C 1975 Carlton Fisk
C 2004 Jason Kendall
1B 1926 Lou Gehrig
2B 1932 George Grantham
2B 1910 Jim Delahanty
3B 1964 Brooks Robinson
3B 1911 Larry Gardner
SS 1964 Luis Aparicio
LF 1999 Barroldius Lamar Bonds :krakken:
CF 1990 Kirby Puckett
CF 1993 Lenny Dykstra
CF 2001 Andruw Jones
RF 1932 Babe Herman

SP1 ?? Old Hoss Radbourn
SP2 1964 Milt Pappas
SP? 1968 Pat Dobson
SP? 1919 Phil Douglas
SP? 1968 Mickey Lolich
SP? 1919 Claude Hendrix
MR1 1968 Dick Hall
MR2 1968 Don McMahon
SR1 2004 Mike Gonzalez
SR2 1964 Stu Miller
SU 1990 Rick Aguilera
CL 1986 Jesse Orosco

(Note: Since I have never seen two of these pitchers before, would you be willing to either tell me what the "SP?" pitchers' rolls look like, or just set the ones you think are best as my 3rd and 4th starters?)

e: For that matter, would it trouble you too much to take a screenshot of our lineup/rotation pages?Doesn't have to give us time to change anything, I just want to see how my dudes roll. :shobon:

AAA 1968 Norm Cash
AAA 1968 Eddie Matthews
AAA 1968 Earl Wilson
AAA 1990 Mark Guthrie
AAA 1990 Juan Berenguer

Lineup vs RHP
CF Kirby Puckett
LF Barry Bonds
C Carlton Fisk
1B Lou Gehrig
RF Babe Herman
2B George Grantham
3B Brooks Robinson
SS Luis Aparicio
P

Lineup vs LHP
LF Barry Bonds
CF Kirby Puckett
RF Babe Herman
1B Lou Gehrig
C Carlton Fisk
3B Brooks Robinson
2B Jim Delahanty
SS Luis Aparicio
P

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Dec 7, 2012

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

So be it!

I hereby set a best-of-seven challenge between the Elephants and Bloggers to be played for the possession of the mystery box, which will remaining closed pending the outcome.

The series will be played tomorrow!

e: By the way, I just had a thought for something that might be cool for Super-League IX, a season-long Champions League between all of the teams that won the championship and then were beaten by the Macho Men, with the winner getting to come out of retirement for one season during Super-League X to try and win the championship and thus get a rematch with the Macho Men.

Smasher Dynamo fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 7, 2012

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
There is a cat in the box and by opening it you will kill it! Don't!

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

There is a cat in the box and by opening it you will save it! Do it!

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
Does Robert Deadford have to make his pick in the time or does the power of the mystery box halt the draft clock until the series resolves?

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Beet posted:

Does Robert Deadford have to make his pick in the time or does the power of the mystery box halt the draft clock until the series resolves?

He still has to make his pick. Win or lose, tatankatonk has already spent his pick on the Mystery Box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Sorry guys! I'm in Central Europe and will make a decision in the next two hours. I'm thinking over the trade proposals.