Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Darthemed posted:

So I headed to my local movies/games/books/music chain store today, and unloaded some crap vinyl for about 30 cents a piece. Not too great, but at least I could get it off my hands. After I'd gone through that process, I went digging through their used vinyl bins, and found these, 99 cents each, and completely intact.

I don't know who the Hell dumped this stuff there, or how nobody working there recognized it, but I'm not complaining. The price stickers come off with hardly any residue, for a bonus.

Holy poo poo I NEED ONE

Would you be willing to part with one? For a hefty sum, of course

e: Or hell, two. That would be such a great Christmas gift for my friend...

ee: Or you could sell them, of course but come on

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
God drat. Let us know if you want to sell one or two.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

Jeff Wiiver posted:

This is my standard reccomendation for that price range. Plays at 33 and 45, has a switchable pre-amp, doesn't sound terrible.

I knew what record player this would be before I even checked the link. Reliable, and for that price range it's pretty much the go-to record player. I used to own one.

I have the model above that (Audio Technica LP-120) and it's such a straight Technics 1200 rip that it's not even funny, but if you're going to rip off any brand of record player, that's the way to go. It's terrific for how much it costs and I recommend it.

Kevar
Jan 1, 2005
gimmar
For the first time in years I can listen to my records again. I'm so stoked on this it feels like I'm getting high.

Spinning Jane Doe right now and it's insane.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

the new bikini kill re-release comes with a giant newspaper about the band :3:

Action Serious
Feb 2, 2009

Darthemed posted:

So I headed to my local movies/games/books/music chain store today, and unloaded some crap vinyl for about 30 cents a piece. Not too great, but at least I could get it off my hands. After I'd gone through that process, I went digging through their used vinyl bins, and found these, 99 cents each, and completely intact.

I don't know who the Hell dumped this stuff there, or how nobody working there recognized it, but I'm not complaining. The price stickers come off with hardly any residue, for a bonus.

dear loving god. daddy want.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Darthemed posted:

Believe it or not, rubbing alcohol will take off price sitcker residue without damaging the cover. Just don't over do it.

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007
Good news Residents fans... http://vimeo.com/53441332

I'm about to sell a kidney right now.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Sweet Jesus. That is gold as far as i'm concerned. I was about to post a picture of my new Cat Stevens record, but I think you take the cake good sir.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.

CPL593H posted:

Believe it or not, rubbing alcohol will take off price sitcker residue without damaging the cover. Just don't over do it.

I use lighter fluid, but I'm sure the physics behind the magic are the same.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Is Mike Patton ok on that Lovage record? He seriously gets on my nerves but I've been listening to that first Handsome Boy Modeling School lately and could use some more stuff like that..

Next I have to break out a few of those ol Prince Paul records like Prince of Thieves.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Pookdaddy G posted:

Sweet Jesus. That is gold as far as i'm concerned. I was about to post a picture of my new Cat Stevens record, but I think you take the cake good sir.

I haven't listened to much Cat Stevens, but I found a Mofi Tea for the Tillerman when I inherited my father's records and it's pretty nice. Which one did you get?

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Snowy posted:

Is Mike Patton ok on that Lovage record? He seriously gets on my nerves but I've been listening to that first Handsome Boy Modeling School lately and could use some more stuff like that..

It's vastly different than HBMS, but such an amazing album. He shares vocal duties with Jennifer Charles from Elysian Fields, and they sing about loving and stuff. I hope Darthemed is willing to sell some of those; I'd love a copy.

Fors Yard
Feb 15, 2008

Aside from getting shot in the head, David, what have you done with yourself?

CPL593H posted:

As long as it's more of the glossy/coated surface. I remember trying that on a sleeve that was more of rough/paper texture (not sure exactly how to describe it), and it just seemed to absorb it, and any amount of pressure was going to take a layer of the sleeve off, as well.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
Yeah, I tried to get the label residue of my copy of King Crimson's Islands and it actually took some of the ink out of the cover :laffo: good thing the sleeve is already in bad condition I guess :shrug:

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Honestly, I really don't care and I usually just leave the stickers on.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CPL593H posted:

Honestly, I really don't care and I usually just leave the stickers on.

poo poo, man. Some of my records have stickers from loving CALDOR. That's history right there.

Ron Burgundy
Dec 24, 2005
This burrito is delicious, but it is filling.
Yeah heaps of mine have Boans stickers on them. They closed down the year I was born.

Sometimes the plastic sleeves proudly advertise "Provided courtesy of (so and so's) Record Centre!" All long gone.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Darthemed posted:

Umm, can I like, buy one of those off of you?

EDIT: my page just updated with everyone's responses asking the same thing. Sorry.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I have a record that had the original receipt inside from 1986. I thought that was kind of cool. It only cost five bucks back then.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

CPL593H posted:

I have a record that had the original receipt inside from 1986. I thought that was kind of cool. It only cost five bucks back then.

How much did you buy it for?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Electric Bugaloo posted:

How much did you buy it for?

Five bucks. The circle is complete.

edit: The reason I said "only" is because a lot of new records are stupid expensive now.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Since I don't have enough to provide everyone who requested one with a copy (and since I have some debts I need to take care of), I've decided to auction off a copy of Lovage in the SA-Mart. It'll run for a week, so people will have enough time to find out about it, and start at a mere penny (because why not).

Thread for those interested

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
An auction, eh? Someone's going to drop like a grand on that thing. ;)

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

My Amazon.ca Mellon Collie order is "Shipping Soon", and they charged my bank :allears:

Cosmic Horror
Feb 2, 2009

DON'T BRING A GUN TO A SHELBY FIGHT MOTHER FUCKER, THAT'S RIGHT YOU GOT KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT

traveling midget posted:

My Amazon.ca Mellon Collie order is "Shipping Soon", and they charged my bank :allears:

Mine shipped yesterday. :dance:

Now I just have to stop seeing pictures of the box set online. It looks absolutely gorgeous.

Partycat
Oct 25, 2004

Getting caught up with some of the mainstream purchases I want to make from the local shop. Grabbed Radio-Activity from Kraftwerk, Witching Hour from Ladytron, and Street Hop from Royce da 5'9" because Gun Harmonizing is pretty funny to listen to.

I went through the 12" bin, which was mostly hip hop promos and other garbage, and grabbed a blank label that had some sort of club beat on it, something that said "deep and smooth" which also had a club beat, and what turned out to be
remixes of Whitney Houston's step by step. Could have done without that one. Was going to grab a Flogging Molly album but it was over $30.

Sleeved up my albums too to keep the jacket from wearing off as I slide them in and out of the crate.

Someone had asked a few posts back about the RSD Incubus. My store seems to still have several of each of those, and some of the Skrillex, not a hot seller. In the 7" area I also ran into several from RSD 2010 and 2011, so, while these things are in limited release, they are also in limited demand.

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

traveling midget posted:

They still need more time to give me a good delivery estimate :argh:

Pious Pete
Sep 8, 2006

Ladies like that, right?
The Cleveland group "Bears" has their holiday 7" "Snowman" on sale for $2. Well worth picking up if you like lowish-fi pop.

Shop / Bandcamp

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

Pious Pete posted:

The Cleveland group "Bears" has their holiday 7" "Snowman" on sale for $2. Well worth picking up if you like lowish-fi pop.

Shop / Bandcamp

They threw this in for free when I bought their newest album a few months ago. Greater Lakes and their self titled LPs are pretty good too.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Does anyone have know how much Thrill Jockey charges for shipping in the US? Or the range, if it differs based on distance.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm stupid and missed it on the site.

Detective Thompson fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 10, 2012

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

I have achieved Porcupine Tree nirvana

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

david puddy posted:

I have achieved Porcupine Tree nirvana

What, Insurgentes wasn't enough to get you there? You're mad, man!

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

Darthemed posted:

What, Insurgentes wasn't enough to get you there?
That's not Porcupine Tree :colbert:

Darthemed posted:

It's as Porcupine Treeish as Tarquin's Seaweed Farm. :colbert:
um

strap on revenge fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Dec 11, 2012

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

david puddy posted:

That's not Porcupine Tree :colbert:

It's as Porcupine Treeish as Tarquin's Seaweed Farm. :colbert:

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Dec 11, 2012

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
So I picked up the new re-issue of the White Album. It sounds fantastic, one of the better mastering jobs I've heard on an LP in quite some time.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Thank you so much for ordering The Man With The Iron Fists : Deluxe Ultra Pak and for your patience during the long shipping delay.

We are happy to be writing to let you know that your order is finally in the mail and will be delivered in approximately 5-8 days.

:golfclap:

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
^^^ :argh:

Got an email from Soul Temple today re: the Man with the Iron Fists deluxe edition. Apparently it's in the mail, so if you've been waiting on it, check your email.

Attached was an mp3 recording of the RZA apologizing for the delay over a beat :pwn:

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

oh my god i didnt even see the mp3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

Did anyone else order the Inverted Lightning Bolt copy of Blunderbuss?
I never received a shipping confirmation, but I'm hearing that they shipped out to Europe before the US, and often times they dont send out shipping confirmation emails.