Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

How the gently caress did he think this would work out? Did he not think people might get a little suspicious when he doesn't, you know, die? He linked them his Facebook page for gently caress's sake. Or was he just so proud of his romhack that he figured everybody would forgive him? What was stage 2 of the plan, after he got the hack LPed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelic Eyeball
Jan 10, 2006

Like it or not, we will build you a new civilization.

DStecks posted:

How the gently caress did he think this would work out? Did he not think people might get a little suspicious when he doesn't, you know, die? He linked them his Facebook page for gently caress's sake. Or was he just so proud of his romhack that he figured everybody would forgive him? What was stage 2 of the plan, after he got the hack LPed?
You don't see it yet? Romhack LPs cure cancer! That's why the guy is now posting freely about his activities on Facebook now that Proton Jon and Raocow did their LPs of it. And they thought that these LPs were useless!

In all seriousness, gently caress this guy really hard. What kind of life you have so that your biggest regret in life was not having your Mario romhack LPed? Not to mention it looks and plays terribly.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no idea how I should feel about this, on one hand I'm disgusted that he would lie about cancer so people would LP his romhack.

On the other hand, I pity him because honestly, who would do that unless they were already friendless and had a very sad life.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
^Well that's the real question, isn't it. Is he the kind of person who would do this because he doesn't have any friends, or does he not have any friends because he's the kind of person who would do this?
So this guy's, like, 15, right? Right?!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
While we're on the topic of awful ROM hacks, I've been in contact with baldurk about restoring my Super Metroid Redesign LP on the LP Archive since Google Video died. It took about a week or so but I've gotten originals of all the videos re-uploaded and everything is now on Youtube, archive.org and baldurk said the files will be available on his server once he's done processing them. I'd really like to thank baldurk for all his help with this as there's no way I could've restored it without his advice and help. So thanks. :)

As for the guy who faked cancer to get people from the Internet to play his ROM hack, what in the flying hell? I know people have tried to prey on the good nature of others but doing it so people would play your ROM hack is :psyduck:.

Lying about cancer is a really crazy thing to do. Add in that he lied about cancer so people would play his crappy video game and I think there's a pretty drat good chance this guy is totally off his rocker and needs help.

axeil fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Dec 7, 2012

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Maybe I've been jaded by the internet, but as soon as I read "Some kid who was dying of leukemia and said he had a week to live" I pretty much knew it's a lie. I mean sometimes it's a real thing that happens but most of the time it's someone whoring for attention just like this.

Of course it's kind of awkward to start demanding for proof when someone says something like that.

axeil posted:

Lying about cancer is a really crazy thing to do. Add in that he lied about cancer so people would play his crappy video game and I think there's a pretty drat good chance this guy is totally off his rocker and needs help.

Probably considers himself some kind of a master troll.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Kanfy posted:

Probably considers himself some kind of a master troll.

Well I'm thinking/hoping the kid is still in his early teens so he didn't fully realize how lovely it is to lie about having cancer. I think there's a chance he just wanted some exposure for his game and didn't have any friends to advertise it to so he got desperate. But there's also a good chance he thought it would just be hilarious to have a bunch of LP people LP a crappy game for a good cause and have it turn out to be for naught.

I'm not sure which one of those scenarios is more depressing.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

^Well that's the real question, isn't it. Is he the kind of person who would do this because he doesn't have any friends, or does he not have any friends because he's the kind of person who would do this?
So this guy's, like, 15, right? Right?!

Assuming he's 13-15: Bet he has lots of friend and they all think it was way cool how he convinced LP stars to play a game for him.

Proton Jon
Sep 9, 2004

Impossible, or is it?
(It is...)

axeil posted:

Well I'm thinking/hoping the kid is still in his early teens so he didn't fully realize how lovely it is to lie about having cancer.

Based on what I've seen online, he's 18 or 19, and just started post-secondary this year.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Kanfy posted:

Maybe I've been jaded by the internet, but as soon as I read "Some kid who was dying of leukemia and said he had a week to live" I pretty much knew it's a lie. I mean sometimes it's a real thing that happens but most of the time it's someone whoring for attention just like this.

Of course it's kind of awkward to start demanding for proof when someone says something like that.

I think most people who believed him just desperately didn't want to believe that someone would lie like that about something as serious as cancer over something as small and petty as this.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Proton Jon posted:

Based on what I've seen online, he's 18 or 19, and just started post-secondary this year.

That's...

Sickening.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

slowbeef posted:

Let's Play news from around the Internet! Some kid who was dying of leukemia and said he had a week to live had a weird dying request: He wanted people to LP his ROMhack. raocow, Proton Jon, and others on YouTube decided to support him by granting his wish and LPing his game...

Oh whoops, he never had leukemia and made it up so people would LP his ROMhack.

I know it's one of those "who would ever believe that someone's dying request is to see their ROMhack let's played" type of scenarios in retrospect, but to me the big question is:

Who the gently caress lies about dying of cancer to get their Mario ROMhack LPed? What happened to the world?

It's moments like these that will define our generation.

Zellus
Apr 3, 2010

Incompetence surrounds me!

axeil posted:

I think there's a pretty drat good chance this guy is totally off his rocker and needs help.

Apparently, lying about having cancer (or any other deadly illness) is so common that it's now 'a thing', and the medical industry coined a name for it.

There are even forums where people confess their lies and try to gain support and sympathy, and they get it. :psyduck:

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

slowbeef posted:

Let's Play news from around the Internet! Some kid who was dying of leukemia and said he had a week to live had a weird dying request: He wanted people to LP his ROMhack. raocow, Proton Jon, and others on YouTube decided to support him by granting his wish and LPing his game...

I know it's one of those "who would ever believe that someone's dying request is to see their ROMhack let's played" type of scenarios in retrospect, but to me the big question is:

Who the gently caress lies about dying of cancer to get their Mario ROMhack LPed? What happened to the world?

Geez, what a awful human being. Even that guy from the old RPGClassics message board I was at wasn't nearly as scummy when he pretended to be on his death bed and had his 'father' post for him until he revealed it was a hoax and left.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Proton Jon posted:

Oh god drat it.

There goes my hope this was just some confused and misguided kid. :smith:

What a complete and total rear end in a top hat. But hey, it sounds like the LP still had a good result because of posting the cancer research and donation information. Hopefully the charities got some more money because of that.

Still, what a hosed up mess.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Proton Jon posted:

So young enough to still be stupid, but still old enough to ought to know better.

BFC posted:

I feel disgusted and now must reevaluate why LP is a hobby of mine.

Nah, the LP'ers were only being nice and got tricked. I'd feel worse about the ROM hackers who don't lie about illness to get publicity.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Zellus posted:

Apparently, lying about having cancer (or any other deadly illness) is so common that it's now 'a thing', and the medical industry coined a name for it.

There are even forums where people confess their lies and try to gain support and sympathy, and they get it. :psyduck:

I imagine that the people who post on that forum at some point realized that lying about cancer is a lovely thing to do, and then they felt lovely about it and wanted some cheering up. If they're looking for support then they probably won't lie about having cancer again, so that's kind of a good thing

e: I'm sure if you looked hard enough you'd find someone who faked having cancer to increase views for an LP. Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Cancer is a pretty Kaizo illness and people shouldn't sully its seriousness with requests for romhack LPs.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

slowbeef posted:

:stare: That guy is a complete rear end.

Props to Proton Jon, raocow and the rest, though.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
What I'm getting from this is that I shoulda lied and said my cancer was terminal and gotten people to LP's for me.

No wait, what it actually is doing is pissing me off something fierce. Trust me, people faking this poo poo is a slap in the face.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Times like this, I really wish there was a karma clause for cancer. I got to watch one of the most good-hearted people I've ever known dissolve piece by piece to brain cancer, every last shred of what she was slowly stripped away. So when some human refuse like this comes along, some poor kid should get his leukemia leeched over to this rear end in a top hat. He wanted it, he can loving have it.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

slowbeef posted:

I came across that video somehow and couldn't watch all of it, it just seemed really depressing. Now it is something else entirely. Holy poo poo gently caress the internet.

Edit: guys i just found out i have rear end cancer and the doctor says i need 10,000 subscribers on my youtube account to cure it PLZ HELP

thevoiceofdog fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 7, 2012

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Felinoid posted:

Times like this, I really wish there was a karma clause for cancer. I got to watch one of the most good-hearted people I've ever known dissolve piece by piece to brain cancer, every last shred of what she was slowly stripped away. So when some human refuse like this comes along, some poor kid should get his leukemia leeched over to this rear end in a top hat. He wanted it, he can loving have it.

Uuugh... Okay, but he didn't hurt anybody or anything, he just used a dick move to make people play a bad video game. I mean, there still should be some sense of proportion.

Spiffo
Nov 24, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

Uuugh... Okay, but he didn't hurt anybody or anything, he just used a dick move to make people play a bad video game. I mean, there still should be some sense of proportion.

He probably feels that way no matter what the reason for faking a terminal illness would be - when you see people you love torn apart by cancer, it's infuriating to see someone trivialize it.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It's dumb as hell and more than a little tasteless but at the end of the day nobody lost anything except some free time as far as I'm aware. The guy's stupid but lightyears away from the worst scum humanity has to offer. There should be repercussions obviously but a lot of the time people pretending to be terminally ill or something similar scam actual money and other vaulables from the trustful and elderly, for example.

People who are HIV-positive and go around infecting others on purpose is something I'd call "sickening", this is much closer to just "idiotic" for me.

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'

Niggurath posted:

I'd say the only thing that could improve that previous video was that the audio on the logs seemed extremely low and I'm not sure if you're turning down the overall game audio to be heard or if it's just a problem with the logs, and I'd say to completely edit out the hacking mini-games at this point as they don't bring anything new (even if you only show it for like five seconds and then fade out, just seems odd to me and might be best to edit it out completely).

Audio log are a bit weird. Currently, my audio settings are FX 4/10, Music 10/10, and Voice Acting 10/10. I’ve been tweaking my ingame audio settings and audio track settings these last few episodes the audio logs sound louder on ep18 compared to ep16 and ep17 but Cohen was ridiculously loud during his entrance in ep19 with ep18 settings so I had to go back to ep17 audio track settings. I’m thinking the audio logs/radio are just much softer compared to the other voices and I’ll just have to put them a separate, louder track and fade in/out from the normal audio track when needed. I’ve done it for Saint’s Row 2 in the past for NPC non-cutscene audio so it shouldn’t be hard.

I probably should remove more of the hacking bits. Really only important thing that ever happens is if I talk about something game related or the puzzle pulls some BS. Actually, should I even include moments when the hacking mini-game pulls some BS?

Niggurath posted:

From what I can tell he's definitely improved from the first couple of videos he's shown where he was trying too hard to seem like he was confused or scared, and he's not rambling on or ruining the atmosphere with his commentary

Hmmm, I’m actually not sure if this has been fully resolved. It might have just been the parts that were shown in the last episode.

I’ve actually never finished a horror game before. I never even finished HL2 because of headcrabs jumping out or not jumping out was freaking me out. Fundamentally, I’m not purposely trying to fake fear or confusion.

However, there are definitely things that I need to stop doing. Seems like I have developed a bad habit of saying “oh poo poo” whenever anything happens and maybe I do it to make it seem like I'm fearful. I'm not sure but I need to break that habit.

Additionally, looking back there was no reason for me to talk during the Jasmine ghost thing at all. Really at this point, I should know ghosts aren’t even a threat. They are really just audio diaries that I have no control over. Going to try to rein in some of my utterances. Or at least edit it out in post.

However, there are still things that do truly freak me out. The flashing photos with screaming audio still gets to me. I’m not sure if it is the suddenness/loudness when I’m focusing on something else.

The posed people-statues in bathroom also really freaked me out. I kept thinking they were moving or going to move when I’m not looking at them. Though I believe in the video, I didn’t say anything until I ran out of the room. I had the same problem in at the entrance to a bar which had a bunch of statues. I was certain they were going to move and ranted on it. But I cut it out in the end because they didn’t move and I just sounded like a crazy person for 1-2 minutes.

So even if I'm not doing it purposely, there are things that I will change and some moments that I'm not sure how to deal with. Ultimately, did those two moments (flashing photo and bathroom full of people-statue) come off as trying too hard?

@Everyone that has been replying

Thanks a lot for helping me get better at this. I still have a ways to go but this has been far more enjoyable than me trying to figure out how to improve on my own.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Spiffo posted:

He probably feels that way no matter what the reason for faking a terminal illness would be - when you see people you love torn apart by cancer, it's infuriating to see someone trivialize it.

That's part of the point, yes. I can get doing it for money, or some other substantial gain. It's still revolting, but it gives it a purpose, I guess. But for the goal to be so...pathetic, just makes it that much more demeaning.

Kanfy posted:

People who are HIV-positive and go around infecting others on purpose is something I'd call "sickening",

Now there you've got a definite point. There are certainly worse things.

Just...loving buttons, really. Big red ones labelled "DO NOT PRESS".

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Zellus posted:

That's a serious mental disorder, this is just someone being a dick to get people to play his hack.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Spiffo posted:

Seriously, almost everyone has lost someone to cancer or other serious and painful diseases. That shouldn't mean losing control over one's judgment.

VVVV
I agree, actually. It was childish of him to act the way he did, hopefully it will be a lesson to him.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Dec 7, 2012

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski
Maybe I've just got a very childish outlook, but I'm actually really glad the guy was lying, since it's a lot more amusing an outcome than him actually dying.

VivaVizer
Dec 1, 2012

Brought to you
by the letter 'V'

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

Maybe I've just got a very childish outlook, but I'm actually really glad the guy was lying, since it's a lot more amusing an outcome than him actually dying.

How is it amusing? Like at all...

Seems like a pathetic thing to do really. Though I'm not surprised. Bigger and more costly scams like this has happened before. Like the lady who pretended to have cancer to get donations. She got a cruise trip out of it, I think.

Only silver lining is some time was lost and more people donated to cancer charities

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Alrighty, now that the outrage is somewhat contained, I'd like to ask for critique for this:

Atlantis: Lost Tales

In anticipation of the most obvious questions, I'd like to say this:

- Why not screenshots? The main selling points of Atlantis were the Omni3D environment and the soundtrack. Screenshots would show off neither. It's supposed to be a cinematic game, and I respect that.

- The video doesn't look too fluid? Yes. Unfortunately, Atlantis is a relic of old technologies, and the compromises taken by its developers influence the way it behaves today. I don't think I can improve the lacking FPS - I tried, then I tried again, nothing helped.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 7, 2012

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
E: Sorry, I doubleclicked.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I posted this right before the scandal so I'll love a little critique and what not on it please.

bunnyofdoom posted:

The Let's Play's afoot Watson! The Sherlock Holmes Collection! (Hybrid)

In 1886, Arthur Conan Doyle, an optometrist in London England wrote a totally forgettable book about kittens and fairies. No wait, I'm wrong here. He actually wrote A Study in Scarlet. This is a notable book, because it is the first appearance of The Great Detective, Sherlock Holmes. Holmes quickly became a sensation, leading to at least three more books, and fifty some short stories of his adventures. They were often, but not always, mysteries which showed intriguing processes of solving. Sherlock Holmes became an essential piece of popular culture. TV series, movies, furthur novels were written. There were of course video games, but they only a few one shot adventure games, or text-based games.

In 2002, a French videogame studio by the name of Frogwares began an ambitious project, to create numerous point and click adventure games based on Sherlock Holmes, with original stories. Their first effort was Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Mummy. It was released to fair reviews, and was enough of a success that it was followed by 4 other full adventure games, and one casual game Sherlock Holmes and the Case of the Silver Earing (2004), Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened (2006) Sherlock Holmes Vs Arsene Lupin (2007), Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack The Ripper (2009), and Sherlock Holmes and the Mystery of the Persian Carpet (2008).

In 2012, Frogwares released these 6 games together in one collection, called, well, The Sherlock Holmes Collection. Responding to some criticism of some of the games faults, they remastered The Awakened, and Arsene Lupin with Jack The Ripper's engine, upgraded graphics, and fixing some rather amusing bugs (such as Nightcrawler making a guest appearance as Dr Watson).

I'm intending to play through all six of these games. Why? Well, I really like them for one. I'm not saying they're perfect. Far from it. In fact, there is one that's pretty bullshitty that I am not a big fan of. They can be loaded with bad voice acting, pixel hunts, confusing graphics, and the like. However, they do have some very good strengths. For starters, while some of the voice acting is terrible in early games, later on it seems to have gotten better. Despite to occasional translation errors (due to being translated from French to English), the writing is top notch, and the characters are almost always captured as Doyle wrote them. The puzzles are well designed for the most part (There are a few padding ones), and it's rarely, if ever falls into what I call adventure game designer insanity, whereby you have to figure out what bizzare ideas the designer had in mind for a solution, like slapping someone with a salmon, so that an eagle swoops down and steals his hat, wherein you use a wind-up mouse to distract the eagle to steal the hat to use it to carry water in to put out a fire bullshit. (NOTE: Any game developers reading this, please put that as a solution into some game.)

I'm also a huge Sherlock Holmes fan, helped by the fact that I own a very nice green leather boundc collection which is of the first 3 novels, and first three short story collections. What this means is that I'll be able to get most of the references (because they love to reference the original stories), as well as post project gutenburg links to the stories that are referenced. Most of the Sherlock Holmes canon is in public domain in the U.S., and all of it is public domain in the commonwealth, so, I suggest looking into those stories yourself, and not waiting for me to sperg out on em. Furthurmore, I have always had an interest in Victorian history, so, when the opportunity arises, I'll go on at length about it, because I am that much of a sperg.

Now the lps will be informative, with the occasional sarcastic outburst from me, and I'll try to keep things humourous at least. I plan on doing it in screenshots, with the occasional cutscene in video form. Also, sometimes I will finish an update on a puzzle for the thread to see if they can solve in between updates. Let's see if you're smarter than me. (Spoiler: You probably are)

Table of Contents
Sherlock Holmes Vs Jack The Ripper (In progress).

----(seperate post)-----

Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack The Ripper

The year is 1888. In the Whitechapel district of London, evil stalks the streets. Women are being brutally and viciously murdered by an unknown assailant. The police are baffled, the public outraged. At 221b Baker street, Dr James Watson reads about the latest of these crimes, asking his dear friend, and compatriot Sherlock Holmes to investigate. Little do they know where their investigation will take them, nor what horrors they will encounter.

The 6th adventure game released by Frogwares about Sherlock Holmes, ShvsJTR (Or Jack I'm calling it for brevity's sake), is a point and click adventure game released in 2009. In this you play as both Sherlock Holmes and Dr Watson as they attempt to discover the identity of one of the most infamous serial killers in history. While sometimes the gameplay devolves into repeated fetch quests, it still has some really good challenging puzzles, as well as top notch writing. Now, there is some translation issues, it being translated from French to English, but they are minor (For instance, in the xbox version, OK on all menus is replaced with validate. Which actually fits the overtly formal nature of the Victorian Era, so I'm on the fence if it was intentional or not).

Of the six games, this is clearly my favourite, but this might be because it was the first one I played, but it could also be because I'm an amature student of Jack the Ripper. I'm not the kinda guy who can tell you what Dr Francis Tumblety had on the Morning of September 17th (tho I think it might have been kidney and eggs), but I can at least tell you who he was, and why they thought he was a suspect.

Now in my research, I don't think I've ever heard of any other fiction where Holmes tries to solve the case in question, except perhaps the movie a few years back with Robert Downey Jr and Jude Law, where it is implied Lord Blackwood is the Ripper. If there are such stories, please let me know, because I'd love to read them, even if they are lovely.

NOTE: Despite the popular perception, William Gull is not the ripper, never was a suspect, and there was not bloody royal conspiracy. Even Alan Moore agrees that it was bollocks but made for good storytelling. Just wanted to get this out of the way

Now, without further mindless ranting onto the updates

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=9448

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

VivaVizer posted:

How is it amusing? Like at all...

Eh, it's not so much "haha epic troll goon sirrah" so much as "haha look at this dumbass".

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

steinrokkan posted:

- The video doesn't look too fluid? Yes. Unfortunately, Atlantis is a relic of old technologies, and the compromises taken by its developers influence the way it behaves today. I don't think I can improve the lacking FPS - I tried, then I tried again, nothing helped.

Is that a problem with the recording or with the game? Because if it's just with the game that's fine, it's how it's supposed to look.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Devil Tesla posted:

Is that a problem with the recording or with the game? Because if it's just with the game that's fine, it's how it's supposed to look.

I tried the version distributed by GOG, and the original CD-ROM. Both looked the same. As far as I can tell, it's what the games is meant to look like. The last time I played it on an older machine, I wasn't really paying attention to framerate, so I can't tell from previous experience.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

bunnyofdoom posted:

I posted this right before the scandal so I'll love a little critique and what not on it please.

One suggestion and one question.

You should somehow emphasize your own comments when there's dialog surrounding them, since they're really hard to spot. Make them itallic or make some kind of a "This is bunnyofdoom speaking" portrait to go before them.

Why did you transcribe it*? Couldn't you have just screenshotted it? If you're worried about screenshots murdering browsers, you could just place it as a link instead of an image.

edit: *it referring to the newspaper article, not the dialog. I somehow managed to mess that up.

my dad fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Dec 8, 2012

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Maybe have a title screen at the top, or an image link to the video? Just dropping us into it with a bluetext link to the video is a bit jarring.

Why not post the newspaper article as screenshot instead of typing the whole thing out, and forcing us to scroll to the bottom of the update to read it? It'll look better and probably be no more difficult to read than a big ol' brick of forumtext. If you're worried about it taking up too much space, you could crop the screenshots to just show the evidence book part of the screen. If you're planning on doing this whole series you'll have an awful lot of transcribing to do if you insist on typing everything out manually. It's probably a bad sign if you're complaining about the workload on the very first update.

In many of the lines you typed you left off the punctuation, like this...

: You don't know? You must be the only folks in London who haven't heard

: It won't be long until you find the culprit no doubt

One or two lines mistyped like this would be no big deal, but when it happens a good third of the time it's pretty distracting, and we don't get to see if that sentence was spoken as exclamation or declaration.

It would be nice if you had your own commentary in italics, so we can easily see where the character's lines stop and yours begin.

Other than that it looks pretty good. Obviously this is the first update but in future updates it might be nice if you opened with a one or two sentence recap of the plot so far, see the Phoenix Wright thread for a good example.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Has this been discussed itt yet? Basically sega is hitting every single Shining Force video they can find on Youtube with a takedown notice regardless of context, but mostly it's LP's being hit. (yeah, I know this is two weeks old or so, but I've not been reading this thread too dilligently lately)

• Locked thread