Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

Robert_Deadford posted:

Sorry guys! I'm in Central Europe and will make a decision in the next two hours. I'm thinking over the trade proposals.

If you want to jump on IRC in the next 15 minutes or so, I'd happily discuss things with you in real time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

ToiletofSadness posted:

I can offer you 93 Robin Ventura, who is much better than John Valentin in every way. How's this?

Arguments offer:
#38 pick
#61 pick

Losers offer:
93 Ventura
#80 pick

What about the #61 pick for Ventura?

EDIT: Mornacale, where are you on IRC? I have Skype or Yahoo! for chat.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Robert_Deadford posted:

EDIT: Mornacale, where are you on IRC? I have Skype or Yahoo! for chat.

irc.synirc.net, channel #TheSuperLeague

I don't have access to Skype or Yahoo! right now, though you could reach me on AIM or Twitter at this same username.

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
I guess the question is, do you have anything better than a 1996 Robb Nen?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Robert_Deadford posted:

I guess the question is, do you have anything better than a 1996 Robb Nen?

I have 2004 Mike Gonzalez, who is a relatively comparable left-hander, and I'm willing to toss in '34 Odell Hale to give you some MIF depth.

e: I could also give you a better MIF and a worse RP, say '32 George Grantham and '90 John Candelaria.

e2: Could also be willing to part with less in order to swap picks. I have #49, #55, and #72.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Dec 7, 2012

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp
Let me mull it over for a little while.

EDIT: Mulling complete!

Many thanks for the trade offers, but I feel like I've not been offered enough value for the 38th pick, which will be spent on 1996 Robb Nen

Robert Deadford fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 7, 2012

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

mks5000 posted:

Hey Monicro, Robert_deadford, Shadowgamer, UZ worm, or Brooklyn Bruiser,
I want one of your upcoming picks. For this pick I am offering the following:

My supplemental round pick (#66)
One of the following: 72' Mel Stottlemyre or 76' Jim Kaat
One of the following: 06' Vernon Wells or 76' Gary Maddox

I'm willing to negotiate. If you are wondering, my feeders are the '76 Phillies, and the 95' and 72' Yankees. Be wary that I dumped some people from those teams in the Super Auction though.

e: I guess not Monicro, then.

e2: The Mystery Box is going to be Nick Punto. Please let it be Nick Punto.

Quoting for the new page. Also here is the spreadsheet again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkF311T6qtJidFJyZDFJNGpjRFllVG80MzFmTWJGQVE#gid=1

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Smasher Dynamo posted:

So be it!

I hereby set a best-of-seven challenge between the Elephants and Bloggers to be played for the possession of the mystery box, which will remaining closed pending the outcome.

The series will be played tomorrow!

e: By the way, I just had a thought for something that might be cool for Super-League IX, a season-long Champions League between all of the teams that won the championship and then were beaten by the Macho Men, with the winner getting to come out of retirement for one season during Super-League X to try and win the championship and thus get a rematch with the Macho Men.

I'm all for the Champions League with the stipulation that whoever comes from retirement isn't dumped in my division on the day of my glorious return.

But seriously it sounds like a fun idea to have the best of the best duke it out with eachother just to have a more or less unskewed look at who really was the best (to fall to the Macho Men).

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem
mks5000, I am intrigued by your offer but I don't think I need another center fielder. Therefore, I offer this :siren: proposal: :siren: (Though I am not sure if McDaniel was one of the guys you jettisoned in the auction. If not, let me know and I'll make a different one!)

UZworm trades:
Oneida's 42nd overall pick in the 3rd round

mks5000 trades:
Whalers 66th pick in the Supp. draft
P Jim Katt
P Lindy McDaniel

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
You have got to be kidding me! I was about to make the same offer UZworm did!

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Shadow gamer posted:

Early bird gets the UZworm, or something like that. :parrot:

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

UZworm posted:

mks5000, I am intrigued by your offer but I don't think I need another center fielder. Therefore, I offer this :siren: proposal: :siren: (Though I am not sure if McDaniel was one of the guys you jettisoned in the auction. If not, let me know and I'll make a different one!)

UZworm trades:
Oneida's 42nd overall pick in the 3rd round

mks5000 trades:
Whalers 66th pick in the Supp. draft
P Jim Katt
P Lindy McDaniel

McDaniel is available and I'm willing to trade him.

Shadow gamer posted:

So make it? You have an earlier pick than UZworm. :v:

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

mks5000 posted:

McDaniel is available and I'm willing to trade him.

So make it? You have an earlier pick than UZworm. :v:

Shadow gamer doesn't need to know that :ssh:

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

Robert_Deadford posted:

Sorry, no, I'll hold on to him.

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
Well I feel awful about doing this to you UZworm since you did have an offer in before me, but...

:siren: Trade Proposal :siren:

The Cuba Smokers receive P Jim Katt & P Lindy McDaniel

The Hartford Whalers receive the Smokers third (40) round pick

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
You feel nothing of the sort!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Shadow gamer posted:

Well I feel awful about doing this to you UZworm since you did have an offer in before me, but...

:siren: Trade Proposal :siren:

The Cuba Smokers receive P Jim Katt & P Lindy McDaniel

The Hartford Whalers receive the Smokers third (40) round pick

The Super League is a dog eat dog league.

The Hartford Whalers agree to this trade.

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN

With the thirty-ninth pick The Cuba Smokers select...

1997 Roberto Alomar

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

With the 40th Pick, the Hartford Whalers select 1971 Reggie Jackson.

e: I'm going to lead the Super League is strikeouts (with my batters) :v:

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Dec 7, 2012

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian

Spooners draft 1985 Tom Henke

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007

ManifunkDestiny posted:

sorry, can't hear you over this 10.7 SO/9

Let me offer you ALL THE STRIKEOUTS.

Luna Landers offer:
1946 Rapid Robert Feller (348 Ks)

Spokane Air Raids offer:
2012 Albert Pujols (a mere 76 Ks, for a net gain of 272!)

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006
The Wausau Woodchucks take 1989 Mark McGwire.

Expected to take '05 Bagwell with this pick, thanks for not needing a RH 1B, everyone!

BrooklynBruiser fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 7, 2012

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BrooklynBruiser posted:

The Wausau Woodchucks take 1989 Mark McGwire.

This is the 2nd time this draft that you have taken the guy I wanted right before me. It's like you know what I'm thinking (or we both are taking the best player available, one of the two).

The Hartford Whalers select 1985 Ozzie Smith.

Paul Zuvella fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 7, 2012

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Still looking to add a pick or move up from #72. Anybody who has something coming up, please take a gander at my list of players. I'm especially looking to move George Grantham, Kent Hrbek, Norm Cash, and pitching. I could spare a CF too.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

Roster and Batting Order
#1: Lou Whitaker (2B)
#2: John Olerud (1B0
#3: Duke Snider (CF)
#4: Babe Ruth (RF)*
#5: Ed Delahanty (DH)*
#6: Scott Rolen (3B)
#7: Al Simmons (LF)
#8: Asdrubal Cabrera (SS)
#9: Ted Simmons (C)**

* - Platoon Delahanty and Moseby. When Moseby's in the line up he plays at RF and Babe Ruth plays at DH.
** - Daulton catches for Young and Alexander

Bench:
Lloyd Moseby (OF)
Darren Daulton (C)
Mark Bellhorn (IF)
Mark Grace (1B)
Howard Johnson (3B)

Pitching
#1: Jack McDowell
#2: Sandy Koufax
#3: Pete Alexander
#4: Cy Young
#5: Jeff Tesreau
Closer: Rob Dibble
Set-up: Robb Nen
Short Relief: Dave Smith
Short Relief: Kazuhiro Sasaki
Middle Relief: Eri Yoshida
Long Relief: Burleigh Grimes

Minors
Kirk Gibson (OF)
Ron Perranoski (P)
Terry Puhl (OF)

Trade Bait
A small selection of players who could do you some good, I am open to offers for others as well. I am looking for catching and left-handed pitching of all kinds.

'72 Ted Simmons - His bat is good enough but with my groundball pitching his defence just isn't up to my standards. If you want a 1-9 that can swing a bat then you can definitely do worse

'86 Kirk Gibson - An outfielder and reliable bat, maybe not superstar quality but he'll definitely fill a gap and can certainly play a role in most teams.

?? Terry Puhl - Like Gibson, not quite as good (but cheaper)

?? Johnny Roseboro - A bench catcher who bats leftie and would make a good platoon partner for your rightie catcher.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Oh hi, it's me again

With my recent acquisition of Ozzie Smith, I am now elbow deep in Shortstops, and still have another position I'm looking to upgrade. Basically, I want an everyday center fielder, and am willing to part with the following to get one.

1995 SS Derek Jeter
1972 OF Bobby Murcer
AND my Supplemental round pick (66)

I also have decent relief pitching depth in my feeders, so feel free to look around. As always I am willing to negotiate. PM me or post in the thread, and I may be on IRC later tonight.

ForeverBWFC
Oct 19, 2011

Oh, the lads! You should've seen 'em running!
Ask 'em why and they reply the Bolton Boys are coming! All the lads and lasses, smiles upon their faces,

WALKING DOWN THE MANNY ROAD, TO SEE THE BURNDEN ACES!

mks5000 posted:

Oh hi, it's me again

With my recent acquisition of Ozzie Smith, I am now elbow deep in Shortstops, and still have another position I'm looking to upgrade. Basically, I want an everyday center fielder, and am willing to part with the following to get one.

1995 SS Derek Jeter
1972 OF Bobby Murcer

I also have decent relief pitching depth in my feeders, so feel free to look around. As always I am willing to negotiate. PM me or post in the thread, and I may be on IRC later tonight.

How does Kirk Gibson sound?

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

I'm looking to move up to one of the next five picks.

The Philadelphia Failures trade block:

1919 Happy Felsch - CF, Career 123 OPS+, alright in the field when he wasn't losing on purpose.
2009 Troy Glaus - 3B, Good defensive 3B, career 119 OPS+, kind of old by 2009 but he should still be serviceable.
2011 Joaquin Benoit - RP, Career 8.7 K/9, 9.3 K/9 that year with a 3.71 K/BB, career 108 ERA+, 141 that season.
Pick #56.

I'd be willing to put all of those players together for a good reliever and one of the next five picks.

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN

mks5000 posted:

Oh hi, it's me again

1995 SS Derek Jeter
1972 OF Bobby Murcer

How about 1951 Del Ennis? He is in the middle of 5 MVP seasons.

Shadow gamer fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Dec 7, 2012

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

:siren: TRADE ALERT :siren:

The Hartford Whalers Receive:

1910 Shoeless Joe Jackson
2011 Carlos Ruiz

The Wassau Woodchucks receive:

1995 Derek Jeter
The 66th pick of Dispersal Draft VII

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

mks5000 posted:

2011 Carlos Ruiz

1995 Derek Jeter

Are you sure you want to do that? I'm not sure you want to do that. In fact, I'm sure you don't want to do that. The game hates Ruiz, probably because, as we all know, Mogul was coded by an anti-Adderal activist. and Jackson has usually been disappointed. Just think carefully if this is a trade you want to make. VERY carefully.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

mks5000 posted:

2011 Carlos Ruiz

1995 Derek Jeter

Woodchucks accept.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

BrooklynBruiser posted:

Woodchucks accept.

Before the trade becomes official, I want to see another acceptance from the Whalers in light of the dire, dire warnings I have given him about the horrifying consequences of making this trade.

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN
In light of Smasher trying to save the Whalers from themselves I would like to counter the Woodchucks offer.

:siren: Trade Offer :siren:

The Cuba Smokers receive SS Derek Jeter & The 66th pick of Dispersal Draft VII

The Hartford Whalers receive 2004 Johnny Estrada & 1951 Del Ennis

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Are you sure you want to do that? I'm not sure you want to do that. In fact, I'm sure you don't want to do that. The game hates Ruiz, probably because, as we all know, Mogul was coded by an anti-Adderal activist. and Jackson has usually been disappointed. Just think carefully if this is a trade you want to make. VERY carefully.

If the commissioner says this is a horribly terrible trade, then I have to be inclined to believe him. Sorry Bruiser, trade cancelled because of Baseball (Mogul) reasons.

Shadow_gamer: Del Ennis scares be because of his inability to take a walk. I decline.

ForeverBWFC: I'm looking for someone a bit above the level of Gibson.

This of course means that '95 Jeter, '72 Murcer, and my Supplemental pick are all still on the trading block.

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

mks5000 posted:

If the commissioner says this is a horribly terrible trade, then I have to be inclined to believe him. Sorry Bruiser, trade cancelled because of Baseball (Mogul) reasons.

Shadow_gamer: Del Ennis scares be because of his inability to take a walk. I decline.

ForeverBWFC: I'm looking for someone a bit above the level of Gibson.

This of course means that '95 Jeter, '72 Murcer, and my Supplemental pick are all still on the trading block.

I'll bump it up to Spud Davis instead of Ruiz.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
I just got access to the internet for the first time today. Am I on the clock?

Shadow gamer
Jul 24, 2008

I PASSED UP A BARGAIN

BearDrivingTruck posted:

I just got access to the internet for the first time today. Am I on the clock?

Not yet, but you're next up.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
What with all these Jeters flying around, I should mention that I am in the market for a SS, under the conditions that:

1) Must be an above-average SL fielder. Ripken, Ozzie, A-Rod, and Honus all definitely fit here, others I'd need to be convinced.
2) Must hit at least as well as Ozzie Smith.

Anyone but Bonds and Radbourn are on the table.

e: mks5000, perhaps I could be of help. Derek Jeter does not meet my defensive needs, but if we could find anyone with a better defensive SS who would like Mr. Jeter then I have some catchers and CFs I could part with. Would anyone like to be involved in such a trade?

e2: BearDrivingTruck, what would it take to pry Yount and/or your pick from you?

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Dec 7, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BrooklynBruiser posted:

I'll bump it up to Spud Davis instead of Ruiz.

Sorry, Smasher scared me off Shoeless Joe for good.