Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sildargod
Oct 25, 2010
This dog is ridiculous-

dogs and cats-10 by sildargod, on Flickr

But so handsome

dogs and cats-8 by sildargod, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninja Woodchuck
Mar 20, 2005

He who exercises no forethought but makes light of his opponents is sure to be captured by them.
Alfalfa is my buddy.

alfalfa by somacore7, on Flickr

That Damn Satyr
Nov 4, 2008

A connoisseur of fine junk
I went to visit my mom, and took a few shots of some of her animals. They're technically pets, right? :v:

Big Fat Pig by brainmurk, on Flickr

I wish this one wasn't so blown out. Oh well.

Mikey by brainmurk, on Flickr

And, my cat Boomer.

Boomer by brainmurk, on Flickr

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
getting cats to sit for portraits is not easy, i don't know how the pros do it.

Choicecut
Apr 24, 2002
"I don't want to sound gay or anything, but I'd really like to have sex with you tonight.
I like postcards too."

--Choicecut, TYOOL 2016
My cat got outside and refuses to come down..

Stubborn Kitty by elimisel, on Flickr

SqueakyDuck
Apr 5, 2009

Banao!~ :3::3:
Never knew this place existed until a few days ago!
Be gentle!

None of these are my pets.
Tom- My brothers dog.

ferociously cute! :3:

Sad little kitty I came across when looking for my hostel in Bejing, the tops of her ears are burnt :(

Saddest kitty in the world - Taiwan.

Parrot chilling out with a dude at a pop up pet shop in Shanghai.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
My brother and his GF just got a new kitty! (Worst lighting imaginable, I need to save up to actually buy a strobe.)

The cat has extra toes (complete with claws) on each paw. So it looks like she has thumbs. What's that called? Polydactylism?

rio
Mar 20, 2008

LENS FLAAAAAARE. Pandora (this cat) has the smelliest cat rear end you will ever smell and I left my coat on this chair...

Pandora by Paul Hofreiter, on Flickr

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

Aramek posted:

The cat has extra toes (complete with claws) on each paw. So it looks like she has thumbs. What's that called? Polydactylism?

Oh poo poo, cats are evolving opposable thumbs to finally overthrow their human masters.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Cat pics ahoy:

DSC_6495.jpg by Wasa81, on Flickr

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
Took some awkward Christmas card photos for a co-worker, and figured we'd get a good solo shot of the dog while we were at it. I'm pretty proud of this.

0O3O0040 by nick.kneer, on Flickr

jsmith114
Mar 31, 2005

^^^^^
As well you should be, though I would strongly consider getting corrective surgery for the dog's vision. Too many dogs break their glasses.

Spider cat, spider cat...

A little while back there was a goon that did some amazing jumping cat shots with nice clean (white seamless, I think) backgrounds. Does anyone remember who that was?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I am going to be pointing my new OM-D at Winston.

A lot.

SqueakyDuck
Apr 5, 2009

Banao!~ :3::3:
Went to a goons thanksgiving party....ended up with more pictures of his cat than the party.

What's better than a shoe store? A KITTY in a shoe store! :3:

Lamb of Gun
Apr 2, 2009

On the goodship lolli-gag, LSD and a bloody pile of rags, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT I AM
Just picked up a 50D so naturally I've been harassing the poo poo out of my dogs.

Crowley1- by Jaskography, on Flickr

PREYING MANTITS
Mar 13, 2003

and that's how you get ants.

Dogs and bokeh makes a Merry Christmas!

PREYING MANTITS fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Dec 9, 2012

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

All dogs are wonderful.

DSC_0034 by mxdv, on Flickr

emotive
Dec 26, 2006

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Rats. (That's porphyrin on the other one's nose, not blood, in case anyone was wondering. It's pretty normal for rats and she's alright.)

Also, a hamster.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004
This thread needs more dogges, and racing dogs aren't exactly pets, but I think they'll fit in here.

Alaskan Huskies aren't the purebred prettiness of Siberian Huskies, but they'll get the job done.

outcast_p
Oct 1, 2004

I was playing around with off camera flash and a reflector. Only subject I had was my dog.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

What better way to test a new camera than cat pictures?

I cannot believe this is 25,000 ISO:

outcast_p posted:

I was playing around with off camera flash and a reflector. Only subject I had was my dog.
If they made doggie anti-depressants this could be the picture to use on the advertising poster. I love the photo but go give the poor little guy a treat or something!

rio
Mar 20, 2008

christmas cat by Paul Hofreiter, on Flickr

Doing white balance in a room painted red only lit by xmas lights makes white balance hard. Kind of a sloppy photo that I had just intended for catstagram but I like it.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

psylent fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 14, 2012

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?
We got a new catte! She's pretty adorable if you ask me.

This is the real reason I renewed my Flickr account.

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
I'm going to be launching a pet photography business in my town in the next couple of months. I started building my portfolio today. This is Doug the Pug.

psylent fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Dec 15, 2012

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

The pug :downs: smile is the best goddamn thing

:3:

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Smile? PUG LIFE, MOTHERFUCKER.

He's got 99 problems...

Spime Wrangler
Feb 23, 2003

Because we can.

the blackest catte

_MG_6884 by wallofinsanity, on Flickr

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

gently caress taking pictures of black cats. :argh:

Wife and I have had one for 10 years now and I've never taken a decent picture of her.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Back when I first got my camera, I was a lot worse at taking pictures. (I'm still lousy, but, hopefully less so.) Taking pictures of Black Dogs at the dog park was a nightmare.

Utterly horrific. :cry: Look at all that nuclear fallout.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Snickers is enjoying her xmas present. That gumball on her head is full of baby spiders.

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
I picked up a new, and my first, dslr just before christmas and have been playing around taking pet pictures to try and get the hang of it. Getting the lighting and iso right is certainly going to take more work but I have gotten a few shots that are at least decent from what I can tell.

woot fatigue
Apr 18, 2007

Whenever you shoot in snow you'll want to set the exposure compensation to overexpose by a stop. That way you'll get better detail in darker subjects.

Captain Apollo
Jun 24, 2003

King of the Pilots, CFI

rio posted:

christmas cat by Paul Hofreiter, on Flickr

Doing white balance in a room painted red only lit by xmas lights makes white balance hard. Kind of a sloppy photo that I had just intended for catstagram but I like it.

I would love to duplicate this image. I'm kinda new, can you tell me what settings you used? Guessing a blown out f stop and a relatively high ISO setting?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pretty much. Get a fast lens with nice BOKEYS, shoot wide open, and crank the ISO up (that's where the fuzzy noise is coming from).

Don't forget to beg and plead with your cat for 45 minutes to sit still in the same spot long enough to get the shot.

Bilbo Baggins
Aug 21, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Just got a new camera had to snap a few shots of the dogs.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Captain Apollo posted:

I would love to duplicate this image. I'm kinda new, can you tell me what settings you used? Guessing a blown out f stop and a relatively high ISO setting?

Sure - 50mm, f2, ISO 3200, 1/100. Quite a number of adjustments in Lightroom. Here is the untouched original for reference:

xzzy posted:

Pretty much. Get a fast lens with nice BOKEYS, shoot wide open, and crank the ISO up (that's where the fuzzy noise is coming from).

I am lame and added some grain :art:

e: I should mention that this is a bit overprocessed because it was for instagram...not like that is an excuse but I like to experiment with terrible ideas

rio fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Dec 27, 2012

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.

Bilbo Baggins posted:

Just got a new camera had to snap a few shots of the dogs.

You've got some funky colors and noticeable halos around your dogs. Did you do some crazy post processing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dopaMEAN
Dec 4, 2004

woot fatigue posted:

Snickers is enjoying her xmas present. That gumball on her head is full of baby spiders.

Mine has fewer spiders...

Cat on a poang by dopameanie, on Flickr

Still a cat. by dopameanie, on Flickr