Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
Isn't he allegedly like that off the pitch too, starting on people in clubs and that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Eau de MacGowan posted:

Isn't he allegedly like that off the pitch too, starting on people in clubs and that?

Yeah but he's England's Next Great Hope so it's okay

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
more like England's Next Great Toke, loving injured my arse

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
Some pretty sizeist posts up in this hole

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

DEAD MAN'S SHOE posted:

Some pretty sizeist posts up in this hole

Short footballers are hysterical

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Conversely it's kinda funny how Mertesacker is a gentle giant. An absolute man mountain but won't get into a bitchfight with nobody.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Gigi Galli posted:

Short footballers are hysterical

Also,

As for Jack, I'm just happy to see someone willing to get agitated because quite frankly I'm still annoyed by that time Gallas just sat down and had a mope.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

partipo posted:

Also,

As for Jack, I'm just happy to see someone willing to get agitated because quite frankly I'm still annoyed by that time Gallas just sat down and had a mope.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Using crouch as the example is a bit unfair but it's still funny.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Peter Crouch pictures are always good for a laugh, even if you're not talking about height.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

trem_two posted:

Peter Crouch pictures are always good for a laugh, even if you're not talking about height.

He's slenderman

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Christian "El Hobbit" Bermúdez 1.60 m (5 ft 3 in). He's almost 10cm shorter than Messi.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

mikewozere posted:

Jack Wilshere needs to get beat down by someone. He is the least threatening person I've ever seen try to be threatening.

I would love, love, to see someone knock him out cold. Little manlet makes me sick.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

please respond posted:

I would love, love, to see someone knock him out cold. Little manlet makes me sick.

It's not about the size of the man in the fight, but the amount of fight in the man.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

An artist in Naples made a pretty sweet mural of Cavani somewhere in the city:

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

partipo posted:

Also,

Gattuso is so lucky Joe Jordan held onto his fuckin temper.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Ninpo posted:

Gattuso is so lucky Joe Jordan held onto his fuckin temper.

I would love to see him in the Scotland job.

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
gently caress all yalls jack's the best

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Still blows my mind he only turned 20 this year. Maybe he'll mellow out in another 4 years or so.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Never good when Barton is proud of you

sircozzie
Jul 8, 2011

Release the Meerkat

Thirteenth Step posted:

I was about to post this but didn't because I thought I'd attract the wrath of the arsenal fans but he's a right turd, he could walk under a car with a top hat on and yet somehow he's always getting in peoples faces.

If he gets sent off for England in an important game im going to lose my poo poo.

Because Dani Alves and Jermaine Pennant are just lovely.

To be honest if he could be passionate without the confrontation, that would be brilliant. Arsenal's squad are lacking in characters like him right now though, we'll take what we get.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Wirth1000 posted:

Still blows my mind he only turned 20 this year. Maybe he'll mellow out in another 4 years or so.

Yeah when his crippling opiate addiction really takes over

Soup and a Sandwich
Apr 8, 2008

skeng
do footballers take drugs. can you stop blowing my mind this is the msot amazing news.

Soup and a Sandwich fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Dec 8, 2012

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
http://redrants.com/sir-alex-ferguson-manchester-united-manager-classic-post-2007/

A collection of SAF quotes that's kept updated from time to time.

Some of my favourites:

“He was towering over me and the other players were almost covering their eyes. I’m looking up and thinking ‘if he does hit me, I’m dead’”(Alex Ferguson on an argument with Peter Schmeichel)

“I don’t think I could have a higher opinion of any footballer than I already had of the Irishman, but he rose even further in my estimation at the Stadio Delle Alpi. The minute he was booked and out of the final he seemed to redouble his efforts to get the team there. It was the most emphatic display of selflessness I have seen on a football field. Pounding over every blade of grass, competing if he would rather die of exhaustion than lose he inspired all around him. I felt it was an honour to be associated with such a player. ť(Alex Ferguson on Roy Keane after the European Cup semi-final in the 1999.)

“He was certainly full of it, calling me Boss and Big Man when we had our post-match drink after the first leg. But it would help if his greetings were accompanied by a decent glass of wine. What he gave me was paint-stripper.” (on Jose Mourinho)

“We have people coming here to admire the scenery and enjoy their crisps.” (Alex Ferguson on United fans)

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Gunnersaurus looking miserable.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

euroboy posted:

Gunnersaurus looking miserable.

I feel ya, bud. :smith:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Gunnersaurus is the best

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
It's been posted a million times before, but I'll never tire of this one

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

Wow, he got the two-handed consoling handshake. Only see that one pulled out at funerals and such.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?
Gunnersaurus appreciation station

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
First time I've seen the gunnersaurus, that's hilarious, wish more clubs had mascots.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

El Hefe posted:

First time I've seen the gunnersaurus, that's hilarious, wish more clubs had mascots.

Well you are in luck!

This is Cozmo, the mascot for the back-to-back MLS Cup Champion LA Galaxy. Motherfucker is an intergalactic space frog who travels the stars searching for the greatest football he can. He kicks penalties at the speed of light.

This is him stealing the camera form a Galaxy staff member.

And this is him with the LA Kings(hockey) mascot, Bailey and the MLS cup.

Cozmo is the greatest and I wear his 00 kit to every game. I am also a giant man child.

Party in the UAE
Sep 10, 2012

by XyloJW
United having Shrek as a mascot is weird but it works.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Awesome mascot.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
http://vimeo.com/55096541 :glomp:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luvd
Sep 29, 2011

don't like omelettes but i'll eat crepes all day long
Some serious Arsenal love on this page.

• Locked thread