Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
Fun idea: whoever has the camera puts a roll of film in the box, next person has to use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Could work. What do the rest of you fools think?

Also, ShotgunWillie, PM me or email me (address earlier in thread) for the details how to post to the tumblr (that goes for you, too, dorkasaurus_rex)

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.
Only issue would be film types that people don't have an affordable or relatively easy way to develop.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
oriental magic :roboluv:
Battery seems to be dead? Put a roll in and advanced it. Now the shutter is stuck and no juice for the battery check at all.

I thought the battery was just replaced? Is this normal, or is it busted?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ShotgunWillie posted:

Battery seems to be dead? Put a roll in and advanced it. Now the shutter is stuck and no juice for the battery check at all.

I thought the battery was just replaced? Is this normal, or is it busted?

Pretty sure that was just someone saying he'd put a new battery in once it reached him. I looked through the thread and noone actually said they put a fresh battery in, so my bet would be on a dead battery.

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Mr. Despair posted:

Pretty sure that was just someone saying he'd put a new battery in once it reached him. I looked through the thread and noone actually said they put a fresh battery in, so my bet would be on a dead battery.

Yup, from page 7:

d0s posted:

I am down to do this, please add me to the list (if there is one?). I am in Orlando, FL but I am always down south and will probably end up taking it to Miami and taking pictures of Little Haiti or something. I have an AE-1P so it will get a fresh battery from my stockpile too. I work for FedEx and get a 75% discount so the next person's shipping will be either super cheap or super fast for the price of slow shipping.
(emphasis added)

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
Went to like 4 stores looking for new one. No joy. Where can I find one?

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ShotgunWillie posted:

Isn't it just an lr44 battery? Any watch or hardware store should have that. Any place that sells batteries, really.

Well, 4 lr44's I guess.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

ShotgunWillie posted:

Tried to send you a PM. :(

I can send one amazon prime if you like! It'd get there Tuesday.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
drat. Sorry about that. I get batteries from ebay, mainly from an ebay store based in California. Hillflowerstore, something like that - ebay is being annoying at the moment so I can't confirm.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

As a side note, buy a 50-pack of LR44/AG13/etc batteries off DealExtreme, and have batteries for a lot of old cameras forever for like six dollars.

Of course it won't get to you for a month, but for the future...

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
There's a 10pk of 4LR44 on Amazon Prime for $7. I'll totally get it.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -
powered by dark
Email me at Popcorncaveman at gmail?

Ain't got them fancy pants PMs.

I found a place with 2 LR44s. They were 6 bucks a piece. Uhh....

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

ShotgunWillie posted:

Sunny 16 or go home :colbert:.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

ShotgunWillie posted:

E-mail sent!

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Are we certain it takes LR44? I half-remember it taking one larger battery, like a AA but shorter.

Email regarding Tumblr sent.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Yeah it doesn't take lr44 batteries (they are the small round watch batteries) it takes a 4lr44 which is the stubby AA looking thing you are talking about.

e: or two of them, I forget

rio fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Dec 9, 2012

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades
The 4LR44 is a single 6V battery that looks like a miniature D cell.

The LR44 is a 1.5V button cell that, according to wikipedia, can be used in a series of 4 in the AE-1 in place of a 4LR44.

I just ordered a 10 pack of 4LR44 and it will get to NYC by Tuesday. I've asked that the remaining batteries ship with the camera if possible.

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -