Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

cornface posted:

Everybody watch Bad Lieutenant. It is the best.

Did you see the remake with Nic Cage in New Orleans? I heard it was good. But Nic Cage...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cornface
Dec 28, 2006

by Lowtax

Reign Of Pain posted:

Did you see the remake with Nic Cage in New Orleans? I heard it was good. But Nic Cage...

It is good in its own way, only because Werner Herzog and Cage are both insane.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

We watched Hugo last night. What a drawn out, boring masturbatory piece of poo poo that turned out to be.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

me your dad posted:

We watched Hugo last night. What a drawn out, boring masturbatory piece of poo poo that turned out to be.

Ditto. Watched with my son, we both were super bored.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
So it looks like the entire old Doctor Who collection has been made available.

There goes my weekend!

MacGowans Teeth
Aug 13, 2003

Kammat posted:

So it looks like the entire old Doctor Who collection has been made available.

There goes my weekend!

I think those have all been on there for a while, and it's just recently they packaged them as a TV series (and the series list is totally out of order). It's definitely not complete, though there is an episode or two from each doctor, I think. I wish there were more of the Sylvester McCoy episodes, though - he was my favorite. I think all they've got is "Fenric" and possibly "Ghost Light."

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

me your dad posted:

Thank you! Felt this when I saw it in theaters and basically got shouted down by people here and in real life.

"It wasn't magical and touching to you?!?!"

No, it loving sucked and had some of the most forced sentimentality I've ever seen in a film.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Just watched "This Filthy World", a lecture/performance by John Waters. Really, really good, well worth seeing. The man's an American treasure.

On a sad note, though, looks like No Reservations has been taken off Instant. Shame, that was my favorite thing to put on when I didn't really know what I wanted to watch.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Stakeland was added at some point. Awesome, awesome movie.

When it comes to post-apocalyptic vampire movies on Netflix, this is a good one. Way better than Daybreakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNC2HwAaWWE

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Stakeland was added at some point. Awesome, awesome movie.

When it comes to post-apocalyptic vampire movies on Netflix, this is a good one. Way better than Daybreakers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNC2HwAaWWE

That was better than I expected. Martin also plays Declan on the series Revenge.

vvv Also better than I expected. Cool movie. vvv

Reign Of Pain has a new favorite as of 04:13 on Dec 9, 2012

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.

Dacap posted:

Rare Exports is on Instant, watch that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YodA-4kRfKs

I just finished watching this movie and it is very entertaining. I did not expect that ending.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Seven seasons of Always Sunny in Philadelphia are up.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

FizzyJuffoWup posted:

WHAT? Finally!

iamathousandapples
Jul 12, 2012
The live-action Tick series is on there, as is every episode of That Mitchell and Webb Look.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Reign Of Pain posted:

It was surprisingly good. It was on instant too a few months ago. Dunno if it still is.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

FizzyJuffoWup posted:

Sweet!

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Bones Brigade: An Autobiography just hit Instant. As someone raised on Animal Chin, I'm super stoked to watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIIaJRlr6-Q

The logo of my adolescence.

Also, the Charles Bukowski documentary Born into This is back(?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94y4lApb-Fo

me your dad has a new favorite as of 02:12 on Dec 18, 2012

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

WHAT? Finally!

drat straight. I've only seen like maybe five episodes total of that show but it always seems good.

Now if only Community would go up on Netflix I could finally be into all those shows that the youths these days are watching.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

iamathousandapples posted:

as is every episode of That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Awww yisss. Everyone should watch this.

Luminous
May 19, 2004

Girls
Games
Gains

me your dad posted:

I thought it was enjoyable and a good, uplifting family type flick. I hadn't heard of it before - it just showed up on netflix and thought it sounded interesting. Was not disappointed, but I can definitely see how some would find it boring.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I liked it too, although there was a lot of CG in it which I found distracting.

Chicago Death Rate
Jul 23, 2001

by Ralp
I'm sure it's been recommended thoroughly in this thread but I just binged through Workaholics and it is an incredibly funny show.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Whats going on here, did the Arrested Development movie get a release date or am I missing something else?

And they have mouseover descriptions that continue to play it straight.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

jojoinnit posted:

Whats going on here, did the Arrested Development movie get a release date or am I missing something else?

And they have mouseover descriptions that continue to play it straight.

Netflix is producing a new season of Arrested Development that will air exclusively with them. I guess this is viral advertising?

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.
is "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" still on streaming?

It was a fun mockumentary about a film crew that follows a serial killer.

I was going to dig that one up this weekend, but I owe Netflix 8$

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

schwenz posted:

is "Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon" still on streaming?

It was a fun mockumentary about a film crew that follows a serial killer.

I was going to dig that one up this weekend, but I owe Netflix 8$

Just checked, and no, it isn't.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Batman: The Movie is a brilliant film that everyone needs to watch.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Baron von Eevl posted:

Netflix is producing a new season of Arrested Development that will air exclusively with them. I guess this is viral advertising?

Yep, all of those links lead to the AD page.

MAJOR STRYkER
Jan 2, 2008

FIFTY THOUSAND PEOPLE USED TO LIVE HERE...
I found Hugo boring too, I could't even finish it.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I'm halfway through Queen of Versailles and it's crazy. If you like documentaries check it out.

Even if you don't like documentaries it is worth it to see how these filthy rich people act when the money disappears.

falconry
Oct 9, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

For a bit of context, those are all names of fictional shows and movies that exist within AD. So yeah, viral marketing is a sound conclusion.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Anyone else having problems connecting to Netflix tonight via Roku?

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

me your dad posted:

Anyone else having problems connecting to Netflix tonight via Roku?

Netflix is having an outage:

https://twitter.com/netflix/status/283367806672699393

Cardboard Fox
Feb 8, 2009

[Tentatively Excited]
Any idea why I can't get some movies to stream in HD when I'm on my PC? Braveheart streams fine in HD on my PS3, but it won't even register the HD option on PC.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
It's been crapping out on me between episodes of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I just close the browser and restart it and usually it starts working again.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

The West Wing is up! It's one of those shows I've been told I should watch for years.

Heres Hank
Oct 20, 2008
The Last Exorcism is up. I really don't care for the genre at all, but the movie is great right up until the last thirty seconds or so.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

jojoinnit posted:

The West Wing is up! It's one of those shows I've been told I should watch for years.

Holy poo poo goodbye rest of my break.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

jojoinnit posted:

Best Christmas ever. Paid time off over the holidays means that I'm going to get paid to sit on my couch and blitz the series this week.

I almost bought the complete series on DVD for like three different people this year. Look who's a smart shopper now. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

I don't get this thing some times. It'll put up for browsing old WWF videos that are estimated at 1 star for me, but I couldn't find the 4-star West Wing without doing a search for it. 4 stars is a rare, high suggested rating for me, so I'm surprised it didn't throw it up on Top 10 picks or anything.

• Locked thread