Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
God drat console patch needs to come out already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xidus
Aug 7, 2000

MZ posted:

Is there an easy way to enter these codes via some web browser portal because gently caress......

No, but you can plug in a usb keyboard.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Marogareh posted:

God drat console patch needs to come out already.
I think it's been stuck in certification hell for the last few weeks. At this point it's anyone's guess as to when it will come out.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
What is it supposed to be fixing? Is it going to fix the Zero legendary mod still having one of the Gunzerkers skills on it?

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
This is the PC patch notes.

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761-pc-update-information

The pubbie tears on the bee nerf is going to be exquisite.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Marogareh posted:

This is the PC patch notes.

http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/entries/22126761-pc-update-information

The pubbie tears on the bee nerf is going to be exquisite.

Yeah. Means that Terra/Hyperius/Pete/etc. may be a challenge without the Bee. Should be interesting.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Could someone explain how item duplication is done in layman's terms?

Meli-Lightfox
Feb 19, 2012

Mew
I'm working till 930 tonight but should be on at about 10ish. I have a lvl 50 siren, mechro and assassin if anyone wants to run through a game. I've been playing with shadowed so he knows my play style.
Xbox GT is xXPhoenixFireXx
I can also dupe items if people would like.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011

Father Wendigo posted:

Drop or trade whatever away from a save point and then exit to the XMB/Dashboard.

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

I'm gonna fuck me a moon man!

ShadowedFlames posted:

Yeah. Means that Terra/Hyperius/Pete/etc. may be a challenge without the Bee. Should be interesting.

you mean boring. hyperius and pete are still kind of a pain. terra and warrior are nice to farm though.

I'm watching movies right now, I'm down to jump in to dupe or whatever. gt: arkitetk4k

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Honestly, nerfing the bee will just make me run past all the non-event fights. Combat isn't exactly stellar in this game and anything that makes it go by quicker is a welcome addition in my book. I hope they raise the level cap soon.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah I hate all that shooting stuff in my shooting game too.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Honestly, nerfing the bee will just make me run past all the non-event fights. Combat isn't exactly stellar in this game and anything that makes it go by quicker is a welcome addition in my book. I hope they raise the level cap soon.

I have a Bee/Conference Call but I never use it since it makes the game whiz by too fast. Why are you playing the game if you don't like the combat? Every mission is literally "Go to a place and shoot everything until it stops moving."

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Manatee Cannon posted:

Once you hit level 50 this makes sense. Why bother killing if there's no gain from it? I guess if you're focusing on challenges or whatever, but aside from that I don't stop for anything I don't have to kill.

Also ready for a level cap raise.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
ShadowedFlames is the coolest person ever.

For those interested in t-shirts:

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Sweet Jesus it's the fabled Mardi Gras Cat-bird!
I'm level 15ish, just finished Firehawk, and, get this, playing this game for the FIRST TIME! Anyone wanna be my friend? XLive name Brodowicz.

JoeRules
Jul 11, 2001
Not terribly further than you - playing for the first time, level 22. GT is MrMartinWrecks - may or may not play tomorrow, but I should be on most weeknights this week.

Meli-Lightfox
Feb 19, 2012

Mew
I sent both of you friend requests. I can run through and res as needed. I can also dupe if you want. I'm xXPhoenixFireXx

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Has anyone else been able to get Hyperious to respawn simply by walking out/back in the arena?

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Okay guys, quick question. I never played the original Borderlands. Do I need to go back and play that first before I play this game? Or should I skip it since BL2 is pretty much better in every regard?

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

futurememory posted:

Okay guys, quick question. I never played the original Borderlands. Do I need to go back and play that first before I play this game? Or should I skip it since BL2 is pretty much better in every regard?

Its not required, no, but it is a really fun game once you get the hang of it. I spent around 150 hours in it, many of which was just running specific zones for phat loots. The series has that ARPG loot bag property to it that makes it irresistible to me.

Mr_D
Jan 28, 2001

I have no sense of humor. I like to crap on everyone's good time by being a jerk. Take a ride on my turd rainbow!
I've said it before, but if/when we go to the Moonbase, I hope we find Butt Stallion.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

futurememory posted:

The characters you play as in the first have major roles in the second. They directly reference events from the first game as well, some quite important.

At the very least, you should watch a video summarizing the first game. But I still don't think the experience will be the same for you - you'll just be missing that association that comes from playing through an entire game with these characters.

I personally hate playing sequels first. I feel like I miss back-story, character introductions and development, etc. But a lot of people don't care about that stuff when it comes to video games.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Borderlands 1's story is pretty barebones and serves mostly to facilitate the gameplay. You don't have the constant interaction with NPCs that you do in 2 until the General Knoxx DLC.

Story takes a much more central role in Borderlands 2 (enough that when a 3 is made, I will most definitely advise people to play 2 first), but the story in 2 does seem to assume you've played 1, and like the poster above me, I hate playing sequels first anyway.

Dross fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Dec 9, 2012

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

futurememory posted:

You should be able to pick it up for cheap and blaze through the first playthrough. If you feel like it play the General Knoxx DLC as well- that was the apex of the writing in the first game.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
If I blazed through Borderlands 1 (which will still take a long time) I'd be heartily sick of that style of game for a few months. I'd just jump into 2 personally.

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

thebardyspoon posted:

If I blazed through Borderlands 1 (which will still take a long time) I'd be heartily sick of that style of game for a few months. I'd just jump into 2 personally.

Conversely, I played 1 for a month immediately before 2's release even though I'd beaten it previously, just to hype myself up for 2, but a new player might not feel that level of attachment to the idea.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

When I'm in the Torgue DLC areas (Badass Crater, for example), not all of the BL2-proper Badass Challenges that I've completed show up as completed in the list. But when I'm back in the BL2-proper areas, it switches, and not all of the completed Torgue DLC challenges show up as completed instead.

This a common problem? Does it actually affect anything?

I haven't played the Scarlett DLC yet, does it also have the same issue?

kender
Dec 15, 2000
Forum Veteran

Crows Turn Off posted:

When I'm in the Torgue DLC areas (Badass Crater, for example), not all of the BL2-proper Badass Challenges that I've completed show up as completed in the list. But when I'm back in the BL2-proper areas, it switches, and not all of the completed Torgue DLC challenges show up as completed instead.

This a common problem? Does it actually affect anything?

I haven't played the Scarlett DLC yet, does it also have the same issue?

It's a common issues - switching from DLC to non-DLC and back again makes the Badass ranks display badly. I haven't seen it impact my bad rear end levels, stats or anything else though.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

delpheye posted:

I'm around to dupe stuff for folks, feel free to shoot me a msg on 360. GT: arkitekt4k

I've got slagga, bee, sham, baby maker, terra grenade, terra mod, some legendary rocket launchers, a corrosive and shock razrez snipers, fire infinity pistol, conference call, a couple of veruc rifles, longbow quasar, bonus package, and some other oranges and seraphs I'm forgetting.

My christmas list has a legendary commando mod on it, and anything else you'd feel like duping.

EDIT: all of the above are at 50. reading through the thread makes me think I should mention that.

cool if i add you on 360?

delpheye
Jun 18, 2004

Veritas posted:

cool if i add you on 360?

yup. absolutely.

hahaha legendary weapon vomit makes everyone's day better.

delpheye fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 10, 2012

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
thanks for the help dude. i'm still cleaning up that legendary vomit.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
I haven't played Borderlands 1 and the only drawback has been that I couldn't appreciate a few plot reveals.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Mr_D posted:

I've said it before, but if/when we go to the Moonbase, I hope we find Butt Stallion.

I keep imagining it looking like a crystaline quadruped. Or George Washington's horse from that song.

futurememory
Oct 22, 2011

"You're a bad man! You're a VERY bad man!"
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I usually play the first game in a series before I get the second. I'll probably just pick up the GOTY edition and be done with it.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Father Wendigo posted:

If you're giving the items:

- have your friend invite you to their game
- make sure nobody is near a save point
- drop whatever you're giving them
- dashboard (do not "save and quit" - just dashboard or turn your xbox off, or whatever the PS3 version of that is)
- once you're gone from their game, they can go pick up all the stuff you dropped and you'll still have it in your inventory too

So if you're receiving the items:

- have the giver join your game
- once they have joined, don't move, just let them drop the stuff
- once they're gone, go pick it up

It's not complicated. :)

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Isn't another way possible?

Make a room.
Invite someone who wants dupes.
Throw poo poo on ground.
Other guy picks stuff up, saves, drops them back on the ground, dashboard exits.
Pick stuff back up.

Actually now that I read this over it seems needlessly complicated. Guess I had the wrong idea all along.

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES

Speedball posted:

I keep imagining it looking like a crystaline quadruped. Or George Washington's horse from that song.

Dedicated to Butt Stallion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbRom1Rz8OA

I can't seem to break away for Callidoody for long enough to get into the Torgue DLC.

I am a bad gamer, I should probably quit my job and make this my profession.

Also, have they already announced this "Moonbase" DLC?

Kifisonfire
Jan 15, 2008

Soloed Hyperius for the first time today which was cool. Then I soloed Master Gee. Then the game crashed. This patch can't come fast enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Slayer1597 posted:

Also, have they already announced this "Moonbase" DLC?

No, people are just assuming I think because the Hyperion moonbase is always in the sky and it never gets addressed or anything. Seems like a real missed opportunity to never go up there and see what sort of stuff Jack had in what was presumably his house. Also the diamond horse and his butler would make good bosses.

• Locked thread