Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
At what milestone are babies ready for umbrella strollers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
I'd assume as long as they're able to sit up unaided for a while, since there's no shoulder straps, only a lap belt.

ChloroformSeduction
Sep 3, 2006

THERE'S NO CURE FOR BEING A CUNT, SO PLEASE KEEP REMINDING ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Does everyone pretty much do the Santa thing? We're not there yet, but I'm a little uneasy with the idea. At the same time, I remember how great the idea of Santa is. Is there some sort of middle ground? Like, telling them it's a big group pretend?

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

ChloroformSeduction posted:

Does everyone pretty much do the Santa thing? We're not there yet, but I'm a little uneasy with the idea. At the same time, I remember how great the idea of Santa is. Is there some sort of middle ground? Like, telling them it's a big group pretend?

We're planning to do Santa for the first time this year even though our baby won't remember it.

I think if you were raised with it it's a pretty good tradition to get in on. Join the great cultural lie, it'll be fun.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

We've had a discussion of Pascal's Wager in regard to Santa.

I am in favor of encouraging critical thinking, and also thinking about when it isn't necessarily the best idea to tell everybody what you think you know. Sometimes being right isn't worth what it costs.

I still get fairly nice high-ticket but not particularly personal items from 'Santa'.

So, books, furniture, or art, with inscriptions with the name, date, and message come from mom or pop or wife. But stuff that isn't likely to be in the family 20 years hence, like: video game systems, snow tires, that sort of thing? Those come from Santa.

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher

We don't do Santa. If my kids ask me something (Is Santa pretend?), I don't lie. I know it's a weird position to take and it's not a common one but I'm comfortable with my decision.

I have heard some people talk about the spirit of santa and they do it that way with their kids and they let their kids pretend to be santa too.

If you go either of these routes know that some parents will be extremely pissed off if your kids tells their kid that Santa is pretend. I've prepped my kids by telling them some people believe in Santa and that's okay and it's not polite to tell them he's fake, just like we don't tell people God is fake.

iwik
Oct 12, 2007
My little dude has been a drool monster for a couple of weeks, and for the last week or so started to get a bit fussy and try to shove his whole fist in his mouth and chew on it, so we're assuming teething is starting.

He's not 3 months yet though, so he lacks the dexterity to be able to hold and chew a thing himself, so what can we do? Just hold it so he can gum it up?

Also he has white areas on his gums in all 4 spots where his canines would eventually be. They're not raised lumps or small dots, they are about the diameter of a pea I suppose.. the gum is pink around them then a real pale cream/white colour. That wouldn't be those teeth starting to rear their heads would it?

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher

iwik posted:

My little dude has been a drool monster for a couple of weeks, and for the last week or so started to get a bit fussy and try to shove his whole fist in his mouth and chew on it, so we're assuming teething is starting.

He's not 3 months yet though, so he lacks the dexterity to be able to hold and chew a thing himself, so what can we do? Just hold it so he can gum it up?

Also he has white areas on his gums in all 4 spots where his canines would eventually be. They're not raised lumps or small dots, they are about the diameter of a pea I suppose.. the gum is pink around them then a real pale cream/white colour. That wouldn't be those teeth starting to rear their heads would it?

Sounds like teeth to me! They can come up and then go back down before they finally emerge for good though so it could be awhile.

Tylenol helps! Or Ibuprofen. Poor little dude, teething sucks.

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

I was raised with Santa Claus, and I'm personally against it. Unfortunately, my husband doesn't agree, so we've got roughly a year to figure it out.

Beichan
Feb 17, 2007

pugs, pugs everywhere
We aren't going to do Santa as a real figure to believe in either. I will tell him it's a fun story and fun to pretend but that other people believe in it and that that's okay too and it's not nice to tell other people he's not real. Same thing with similar things like the Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. I won't lie to him but I also want to teach him to respect what other people believe.

I'm not a big fan to begin with of the concept because it feels like it's reinforcing that good behavior is for the sake of being rewarded and Getting Stuff instead of for its own sake and reinforcing that it's just a holiday about Getting Stuff. But that may be reading too much into it ;)

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

iwik posted:

Our nurse said that babies tend to start drooling a lot around that age and because they don't have a swallow reflex yet it just sort of... comes out. They'll also start to try putting stuff into their mouth which makes the drooling worse - like their hand.

We thought it was teething too (which it was) but the nurse said the symptoms could be explained away by normal baby things.

If you put stuff in hinds hands he should be able to hold them, he might drop them, but he might get the hang of it? I put a rattle in my daughters hand and after a week she was grabbing things and sticking them in her mouth. On the other hand my daughter doesn't like to do things when babies normally should.

Chickalicious
Apr 13, 2005

We are the ones we've been waiting for.
3 months is when the salivary glands really kick into gear and it's often mistaken for teething. But seeing white spots in the gums would make me wonder. Usually the first to come through are the 2 bottom center teeth. Canines coming through first would be unusual, but not unheard of, I suppose.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/551798-salivation-in-babies/

Lyz
May 22, 2007

Chris loved empty Gatorade or Powerade bottles, he would just nom down on the lid (still attached to bottle of course). We actually found his first tooth from the scraping sounds of one of those lids.

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007

iwik posted:

My daughter had little calluses from nursing in that spot. We thought they were teeth for a few days because she was such a drool factory. She has a bib on in every picture from that time period!

Ben Davis
Apr 17, 2003

I'm as clumsy as I am beautiful
Kosta's too little to get what's going on right now. My husband wants him to believe in the magic, I'd rather he learn that he was a bishop who did nice things for people and now we're all "being Santa" for each other. It complicates things a bit that here, Santa is St Nick and where our families come from, he's St Basil.

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

Santa comes to our house. We leave out eggnog and bourbon for him, just like I left out for my Santa (my mom is the eggnog/bourbon drinker, and I guess I got a taste for it from her). Santa don't want no cookies here! ;)

We also have St. Nick come and leave treats in the kids shoes the night of the 5th.

I totally understand not wanting to perpetuate Santa/Tooth Fairy/Easter Bunny. I understand the rationale, and don't disagree. That being said, Santa comes here and so does the Easter Bunny. I feel like they are only little and able to believe in that sort of thing for such a brief window of time; if they believe in the magic, then that makes it a tiny bit real. Tim going over the moon because St. Nick knew he liked fossils and got him REAL FOSSILS in his shoes was enough to make my heart grow 3 sizes that day. They have the whole rest of their lives for the crushing, death knell of reality to constantly remind them that there is no magic and the world can be full of so much poo poo. They can have Santa for just this brief moment in time. And since they can embrace it so fully, we can enjoy just a tiny bit of the magic too.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm soft, I dunno. Mostly, I think, I grew up fast and had a rough go of it for a while, and I don't want them to be like me. I hated Xmas bitterly until Tim was born; watching the kids go full bore on Santa and the season has been my de-Grinch-ifying. ;)

ChloroformSeduction
Sep 3, 2006

THERE'S NO CURE FOR BEING A CUNT, SO PLEASE KEEP REMINDING ME TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Interesting - the Santa thing seems to run the gamut. I'm sort of tossing around the idea of doing "Santa" but right away talking about "pretending" Santa. The part about how other people believe in him is probably important. I do like the stockings and stuff, I figure we can go through the motions without the deception part. It's probably harmless, but the idea is uncomfortable. Also, those "elf on a shelf" things are awful.

I guess it's going to be good practice for how the Exodus isn't an actual historical event (I learned not everyone realizes that the hard way last year.)

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur
/\/\
I agree wholeheartedly about Elf on the Shelf. Tricks to get good behavior out of children eventually stop working, and can backfire horribly. We don't tie Santa to good behavior--good behavior is something that's expected all the time. Period.

Sightly off topic, but I just read in Parents magazine that 60-some percent of parents they surveyed believed that religious faith is essential to teach morality. Essential. So it's impossible to teach to be a good person without the fear of divine punishment? And so, while I indulge in the magic of Santa, it is not tied to behavior.

Gimbal_Machine
May 11, 2005
Bite me euler angles.
I need advice.

I'm afraid I'm overcomplicating matters but about 7 days ago, our soon had his first fever at 11 mos. old. He was around 100.8 for a few hours. We gave him some tylenol/motrin and the fever went down. Over the last few days its been sub 100, but he's been fighting congestion.

He's having lots of trouble sleeping, and thus, so are his mother and I. He really hate me trying to give him nasal drops which seems to devolve into a wrestling match. We put in a humidifier and still, he seems like he's having a lot of trouble. He basically hates us approaching his nose with either the bulb thing or a klenex. Any thoughts? Is it normal for this to be keeping him up and making him into a really crabby kid? Is there any point to taking him into the doctor or will they just tell us to struggle through and keep trying?

I'll try to keep this from being too e./n., but after a week of terrible sleep I'm really wrecked. I want to make him feel better and it sucks just listening to him cry/be all congested.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Gimbal_Machine posted:

I need advice.

I'm afraid I'm overcomplicating matters but about 7 days ago, our soon had his first fever at 11 mos. old. He was around 100.8 for a few hours. We gave him some tylenol/motrin and the fever went down. Over the last few days its been sub 100, but he's been fighting congestion.

He's having lots of trouble sleeping, and thus, so are his mother and I. He really hate me trying to give him nasal drops which seems to devolve into a wrestling match. We put in a humidifier and still, he seems like he's having a lot of trouble. He basically hates us approaching his nose with either the bulb thing or a klenex. Any thoughts? Is it normal for this to be keeping him up and making him into a really crabby kid? Is there any point to taking him into the doctor or will they just tell us to struggle through and keep trying?

I'll try to keep this from being too e./n., but after a week of terrible sleep I'm really wrecked. I want to make him feel better and it sucks just listening to him cry/be all congested.

This was me two months ago; not a whole lot you can do, I'm afraid. Our doctor said that they stopped making children's cough medicine (they don't want to give meth precursors to kids, I guess?) so you can't really relieve the symptoms like you can with an adult. Keep dosing him with tylenol/ibuprofin and do your best to get the nose clean. Our kid hated the bulb, the spray and the kleenex, so we just had to power through it. Try making silly noises when you go in for the nose-wipe, that seems to help us now. We took him to the doctor a couple of times, and mostly they were like, "give him tylenol, keep his nose clear, and give us $30 bucks." So not terribly helpful.

Randomity
Feb 25, 2007

Careful what you wish,
You may regret it!

Gimbal_Machine posted:

I need advice.

Personally, I would take him to the doctor to make sure he doesn't have an ear infection. They often go hand in hand with head colds and the only symptoms my son has ever had with an ear infection is congestion, crabbiness and mild fever.

Also this totally varies from kid to kid but simple congestion has never kept my son up. If Jack is having trouble sleeping, it's pretty much a guarantee there's something else going on (ear or throat infection).

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

On the Santa note, I let my son believe in him, for now. It makes him happy. I let him believe in the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy too.

I honestly don't know how I'd explain the truth to him in a way he would understand with where he is with his cognitive development, and I'm willing to let him keep believing until he's ready. Especially because he has no brain to mouth filter, and he'd spill the beans to any other kid around him.

Twatty Seahag
Dec 30, 2007
If he isn't sleeping well I'd get the ears checked too.

Chandrika
Aug 23, 2007
My daughter is 3 and we are not doing the "sees you while you're sleeping" Santa. We've explained the concept to her, and told her Santa is pretend the way the Cat in the Hat is pretend. That doesn't mean we can't have fun pretending, but he's a character, not real. We decided on this for a number of reasons - but primarily truth. We reinforce to Autumn that we tell her the truth about everything, and this is a bit of a credibility destroyer.

Also, Santa doesn't even seem like a very good lie. What is the purpose? To control behaviour? To teach that stuff magically appears when you want it or if you wish hard enough? We're renting a small apartment in a rich neighbourhood, and it's very true that rich kids get more and more expensive gifts from "Santa," and what does that teach?

We've asked our daughter not to tell other children that Santa is pretend, and she's doing well not spilling the beans. We're going to have a fantastic Christmas with family and good food and community events and presents, which will not be the entire focus of the holiday. Good times!

ChloroformSeduction
Sep 3, 2006

AlistairCookie posted:

Sightly off topic, but I just read in Parents magazine that 60-some percent of parents they surveyed believed that religious faith is essential to teach morality. Essential. So it's impossible to teach to be a good person without the fear of divine punishment? And so, while I indulge in the magic of Santa, it is not tied to behavior.
I've actually started to read up on secular parenting and morality. I can explain it to an adult, but I'm interested in how other secular parents have addressed issues like morality, death, etc. One book I read is essays from various parents on how they handled these issues. It seems a bit more complicated, because I don't really have a secular reference for a lot of parenting things.

ETA: Although I do remember visiting my maternal grandfather when I was very young, and his version of things (Adam & Eve, dinosaurs drowning in the flood, hellfire in general but particularly for my mother-who-cut-her-hair-and-married-outside-the-faith), didn't really jive with things. My dad just basically said that where there's a difference between what granpere said and the National Geographic popup books, just go with those. I didn't particularly like the idea of having to wear awful dresses and having yucky hair like my cousins and aunts, so I was happy with that.

Chandrika posted:

My daughter is 3 and we are not doing the "sees you while you're sleeping" Santa. We've explained the concept to her, and told her Santa is pretend the way the Cat in the Hat is pretend. That doesn't mean we can't have fun pretending, but he's a character, not real. We decided on this for a number of reasons - but primarily truth. We reinforce to Autumn that we tell her the truth about everything, and this is a bit of a credibility destroyer.

This is a big one for me. I don't know if kids look back and base credibility on the Santa thing, but I don't want it to be an issue.

ChloroformSeduction fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 9, 2012

MoCookies
Apr 22, 2005

I'm flying with my 13-month old kiddo on Christmas, and as usual before travelling, I'm wrecked with anxiety. I flew with him solo when he was 5 months old, but he wasn't walking then, not to mention that he was so much physically smaller. We've done some lengthy car trips too, but I think it's the "lap infant" aspect that has me the most worried.

Any tips/tricks for keeping your lap infant from kicking the seat in front of you? Were you able to keep your active toddler sufficiently quiet & still for an entire flight? We have a long layover at ORD (Chicago); how confident should I feel about my kid not catching a virus or something if I let him play in their kid areas? We are headed to Vegas for my brother's wedding, too. So if you have any experience entertaining the under-5 set in Las Vegas, that would be useful. It's been hard to find anything about that online other than, "GAWD! Why would you take a baby to Vegas?" :(

bamzilla
Jan 13, 2005

All butt since 2012.

Lyz posted:

I'd assume as long as they're able to sit up unaided for a while, since there's no shoulder straps, only a lap belt.

Mine has a 5 point harness system.

Our 4 and a half month old does fine in an umbrella stroller right now. Again, ours has a 5 point harness system. We have a Britax Blink (which has been discontinued), but I know of tons of other ones that have the 5 point harness in them. :)

Fionnoula
May 27, 2010

Ow, quit.

bamzilla posted:

Mine has a 5 point harness system.

Our 4 and a half month old does fine in an umbrella stroller right now. Again, ours has a 5 point harness system. We have a Britax Blink (which has been discontinued), but I know of tons of other ones that have the 5 point harness in them. :)

Our Chicco Capri has a 5 point harness as well.

dreamcatcherkwe
Apr 14, 2005
Dreamcatcher

MoCookies posted:

I'm flying with my 13-month old kiddo on Christmas, and as usual before travelling, I'm wrecked with anxiety. I flew with him solo when he was 5 months old, but he wasn't walking then, not to mention that he was so much physically smaller. We've done some lengthy car trips too, but I think it's the "lap infant" aspect that has me the most worried.

Any tips/tricks for keeping your lap infant from kicking the seat in front of you? Were you able to keep your active toddler sufficiently quiet & still for an entire flight? We have a long layover at ORD (Chicago); how confident should I feel about my kid not catching a virus or something if I let him play in their kid areas? We are headed to Vegas for my brother's wedding, too. So if you have any experience entertaining the under-5 set in Las Vegas, that would be useful. It's been hard to find anything about that online other than, "GAWD! Why would you take a baby to Vegas?" :(

If he's kicking the seat, turn him around so he's straddling your lap instead.

If you bring a bag of stuff (snacks and toys - you can even wrap the toys to make them extra exciting) that helps with the boredom/quietness issue. If he gets a little loud, it happens. Kids will be kids.

I wouldn't feel very confident about avoiding colds but I also wouldn't worry too much about colds unless your kid is immune compromised and then I'd be asking a doctor what precautions you should be taking.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

Fionnoula posted:

Our Chicco Capri has a 5 point harness as well.

Ah. I have the one you find hanging on a rack for $20 at Babies R Us. I've started using it a lot because I really like having my trunk back. The Graco Trekko was great back when I was doing a lot of walking on bike trails and stuff but forget putting anything else in the trunk of my hatchback. Maybe if it fit underneath the stroller...

AlistairCookie
Apr 1, 2010

I am a Dinosaur

I've actually started to read up on secular parenting and morality. I can explain it to an adult, but I'm interested in how other secular parents have addressed issues like morality, death, etc. One book I read is essays from various parents on how they handled these issues. It seems a bit more complicated, because I don't really have a secular reference for a lot of parenting things.

We are very secular. We could probably be called secular humanists (although I'm probably more of a spiritual agnostic). Maybe I like Santa and the Easter Bunny because then I don't have to talk about Jesus. :j: We are not religious in any actual way. I feel like morality is easy (well, not easy). Easy enough to explain anyway. We treat people and things and nature with kindness because we are kind people and want others to treat us that way--and everyone and everything is deserving of kindness and respect. The Golden Rule and all, no God required. I think it's weak sauce to teach that we should be kind and good because then we'll be rewarded by God, and if we're wicked we'll be punished. Kindness, honesty, altruism, etc have inherent, intrinsic value and to teach them only in the context of a punishment/reward structure seems really...belittling. Devaluing.

As for death...we haven't had to tackle that one yet, but it'll come sooner than later. (I had a lot of family die when I was younger; you'd think I'd remember how it was, but all I really remember from when I was little is that dead means they're gone. Period.) I'll probably end up back here freaking out and begging for help when the time comes. Maybe, although it's sad when people we love die, we can remember them forever in our hearts and in our pictures and in all the kind things they did when they were here, and in that way they live on. That's probably a bunch of cold comfort bullshit to a little kid, but I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

I don't mean to be heavy. I have a Rifftrax waiting for me. :D

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

AlistairCookie posted:

We are not religious in any actual way. I feel like morality is easy (well, not easy). Easy enough to explain anyway. We treat people and things and nature with kindness because we are kind people and want others to treat us that way--and everyone and everything is deserving of kindness and respect. The Golden Rule and all, no God required. I think it's weak sauce to teach that we should be kind and good because then we'll be rewarded by God, and if we're wicked we'll be punished. Kindness, honesty, altruism, etc have inherent, intrinsic value and to teach them only in the context of a punishment/reward structure seems really...belittling. Devaluing.

That's pretty much how we deal with morality too. The UK is a much more secular country than the US from the sounds of it so religion never really comes up. And morality is such a subjective thing anyway - some parents teach their children that being gay is one of the most immoral things they could do and beating up random people in back alleys is just a bit of mischief. So someone might think they're doing a fantastic job teaching their children morals when another person would think they are doing a pretty bad job (if that makes sense).

Edit: And I'd never heard of the Elf on the Shelf thing - that's a bit creepy. Santa was never been used as a discipline tool against me, and I'd never think to use it as one against my children. And finding out that Santa isn't real didnt throw me into an existential crisis or make me assume my parents couldn't be trusted, I was just happy that they had taken the time and effort to do something that brought us all so much happiness. (Although I'm still annoyed I never got the toy kitchen I wanted)

hookerbot 5000 fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Dec 10, 2012

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Edit: And I'd never heard of the Elf on the Shelf thing - that's a bit creepy. Santa was never been used as a discipline tool against me, and I'd never think to use it as one against my children. And finding out that Santa isn't real didnt throw me into an existential crisis or make me assume my parents couldn't be trusted, I was just happy that they had taken the time and effort to do something that brought us all so much happiness. (Although I'm still annoyed I never got the toy kitchen I wanted)

Pretty much exactly the same for me. I remember really believing in Santa (checking the tree a few days before Christmas in case he came early!) but by the time I figured out he wasn't real it was...so not a big deal. Hardly some sinister parental lie held over my head as a threat for good behavior.

It was fun to put out cookies and milk for Santa when I was a little kid and then it was fun to ask loudly "SO, Mom and Dad, what should we leave out for Santa?"

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

I remember my mom telling me there wasn't a santa in 3rd grade. I thought about it for a moment and it made sense to me. I didn't really care all that much. My mom let me "help" wrap my younger brother's christmas gifts from santa that year.

foxatee
Feb 27, 2010

That foxatee is always making a Piggles out of herself.

MoCookies posted:

We recently took a trip from Baltimore to Houston with our then-18 month old daughter and it went surprisingly well. I have no idea if your kid watches any television, but we took a portable DVD player for the flight. She also had small board books and snacks. As for kicking the seat in front of us: she did it once, I told her not to do that, then positioned her legs so I could easily hold them away from the back of the seat. We also made sure she was ready for a nap, so she slept for a good majority of the flight. She slept nearly the entire flight back since she woke up at 5 a.m. and we departed around 9. In regards to the layover: just don't let your kid crawl on the floor. My mom works in an airport and she says it's quite disgusting; people walk barefoot on those floors. But you can't keep your kid from catching germs. The best you can do is keep wipes on-hand, and use hand sanitizer.

VEGAS! You're going to Vegas during Christmas? Dude, there are a MILLION BAJILLION Christmas decorations along the strip. The Bellagio has an amazing lights display in their Conservatory (free to the general public), and the fountains are set to Christmas music. Here are two lists of pretty Christmas stuff to look at while there.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

We're doing "santa exists and he flies around and poo poo for real and hes spying on your rear end" in my house because it definitely scores higher than "there is no santa" on the "which is way more fun for a child" metric, and its also important to let your kid know early that people lie all the loving time for good and bad reasons. Being not-perfectly credible as a dad is a goal rather than a failure as far as I'm concerned - seems more fun

Knockknees
Dec 21, 2004

sprung out fully formed
In our home Christmas won't be a religious holiday, so we're planning on emphasizing themes of togetherness, love, and generosity. I was thinking of explaining Santa as "Sometimes people don't want the person receiving their gift to know who its from, so they get Santa to deliver a present for them" which really easily transitions into the idea of how the Santa myth really functions, without the creepy we buy you things as a reward for good behavior stuff. More like: we make/give gifts because we want to show our love for our family and friends, and we also donate things and volunteer to show our love for people in general (that's why you see so many "santas" collecting donations...)

Then again, there's so much Santa stuff on tv and even in school that they may just pick up the standard story anyway. I feel like my parents never told me anything about Santa other than putting presents under the tree - the rest I just picked up from movies.

Gimbal_Machine
May 11, 2005
Bite me euler angles.
Thanks to you, goons. It turns out my son had an ear infection. Hopefully this antibiotic syrup does the trick.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

hookerbot 5000 posted:

Yeah, I'm with hookerbot. We're doing Santa because I loved Santa and have fond memories of Santa-related excitement; that poo poo about naughty vs. nice is right out, though. Santa will bring you presents, kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
There are going to be a ton of Christmas displays at the Casinos in Vegas. You should be able to find some cool things to look at.