Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scambl
Jun 1, 2007

Anything you can do, Neil Gaiman can do better.
Couldn't you still use Charles Barkley's name and just do like South Park does and just say "It's not that person, it's just a coincidence?" I'm not a lawyer, so I have no clue if this is actually true, and maybe South Park just has enough lawyers to make anything work.

Although saying that it's not the real Charles Barkley that may compromise that the game is canon, which we cannot risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Zaa Boogie posted:

So, will there be a way to just buy the vidcon pack if you're not able to donate for the goal to get it?

I'm wondering this as well. I can't manage to pony up $60 for the kickstarter, but I'd gladly put down $15 to buy the vidcon pack separately.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Chef Boyardee posted:

The vidcon pack is going to come out pretty soon after the Kickstarter is over. We're working on a launcher for it now and it's looking pretty polished. The only thing that might hold it back is that we keep adding games to it, but expect it very soon after the Kickstarter is done.

How many games are in it so far?

Zorak
Nov 7, 2005
This timelapse of the promoart that Frankie made rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaG3_Wht7Y0&hd=1

This Kickstarter really needs more backing. Y'all better be spreading this thing to your friends or else I am going to be disappointed.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

BiggerJ posted:

How many games are in it so far?
I hope they put Lazrael's Poyo in it, it's the best faux-retro GM platformer I've played.

Scambl
Jun 1, 2007

Anything you can do, Neil Gaiman can do better.
This is going to be an Ouya exclusive, right?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Can I get Cyberdwarf cosmetics for for Dota 2 when it releases on steam? :allears:

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
They will release Barkley 2 hats for Team Fortress 2 and they will make millions.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Scambl posted:

This is going to be an Ouya exclusive, right?

The fact that there has been no announcement of a TI-BASIC port is loving horseshit and the only reason I haven't upped my pledge from $500. Utter bullhockey!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Zorak posted:

This Kickstarter really needs more backing. Y'all better be spreading this thing to your friends or else I am going to be disappointed.

This, if only to see what new stretch goals they're forced to come up with.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Yaos posted:

They will release Barkley 2 hats for Team Fortress 2 and they will make millions.

Dear Christ in heaven, yes

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

How much has been paid via Paypal?

Yoya
Nov 6, 2009

I already bought the chicken

This was posted on the kickstarter a few days ago. Can anyone translate?

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
"I walk the line between Heaven and Hell, life and death. I have no love or joy. With nothing, I am empty. So come with me, young one. Together... let us face the darkness."

Dollars to doughnuts it's a quote from some RPG, but my mind is drawing a blank.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
A quick search on google yields nothing, though apparently someone has already tried running it through babelfish.

deadpan
Feb 2, 2004

leather fedora posted:

"I walk the line between Heaven and Hell, life and death. I have no love or joy. With nothing, I am empty. So come with me, young one. Together... let us face the darkness."

Dollars to doughnuts it's a quote from some RPG, but my mind is drawing a blank.

Sounds like something out of Lone Wolf and Cub.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Is he... the Cyberdwarf?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

It's the Blue Duergar quest. That image was already used a while ago.

(it's "the blue duergar quest" insofar as anything on that kickstarter maps to anything. Like...there's a drain clean pudgey too, whatever that is.

Durp
Jan 6, 2008
I think I get it now.
Heh, as if western gamers can even begin to understand the poetic beauty and meaning of the Blue Duergar quest. Enjoy your dumbed down translation :smug:

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
I'm gonna be really excited if the entire Blue Duergar quest is done entirely in Japanese.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
Wow, we're within $1000 of the pants requirement. $72,053

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

The dark ages are coming...

I am hoping for a 75,000 dollar stretch goal to get rid of the newly donned pants.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

We're gonna get photographic evidence of the ToG's guys wearing pants, right? I'd hate to get ripped off here and have wasted my donation on another kickstarter scam.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
I "Blue Duergar" supposed to be like "Blue Dragon," that JRPG I only know of because it's where Vinceborg's fight music came from("Eternity" aka "jesus christ the guy from deep purple sang this")?

edit: For some reason I just remembered that in Van Helsing, the absolutely how-the-gently caress-was-this-in-theaters-and-not-just-a-made-for-TV-movie-on-ScyFy abysmal 2004 movie, duergar were Dracula's henchmen. Though I think they just looked like midgets in full face enclosing steampunk gas masks or something and didn't talk or do much of anything except help Dracula with his mad science and get crossbowed to death by Van Helsing.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Dec 10, 2012

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

Superschaf posted:

The dark ages are coming...

I am hoping for a 75,000 dollar stretch goal to get rid of the newly donned pants.

Stretch Goals II: Return of the Briefs

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

For some reason I just remembered that in Van Helsing, the absolutely how-the-gently caress-was-this-in-theaters-and-not-just-a-made-for-TV-movie-on-ScyFy abysmal 2004 movie, duergar were Dracula's henchmen. Though I think they just looked like midgets in full face enclosing steampunk gas masks or something and didn't talk or do much of anything except help Dracula with his mad science and get crossbowed to death by Van Helsing.

I'm choosing to interpret this as canonical; Dracula's are tonally very powerful.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I'm choosing to interpret this as canonical; Dracula's are tonally very powerful.

Okay fine. I guess that movie can qualify as so terrible it has to be canon. Like, in the setting silver, wood steaks, and holy water hurt vampires as is usual, but they can't kill Dracula because he's too strong. No, Dracula's one weakness is....

A werewolf.

It's not like he's allergic to the hair or blood or something, he just can only die if he's beaten in a fight by a werewolf. If anyone else tried to do it he'd just get up.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

I thought the secret sauce was that Van Helsing was actually an amnesiac Archangel Gabriel.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Doc Hawkins posted:

I thought the secret sauce was that Van Helsing was actually an amnesiac Archangel Gabriel.

Oh okay so he was Werewolf Archangel Gabriel at the end. All I remember about the ending was the girl dies and he gets all sad and sails out towards the open ocean alone in a tiny rowboat for some reason.

Super Rad
Feb 15, 2003
Sir Loin of Beef
In for :10bux: - but as many have also mentioned, this looming pants goal frightens me to my core. As a DOOM-MURDERHEAD and as a b-baller wise beyond my years I know the loins-constricting effects of pants can be destructive to the b-ball energies. Behind every epic slam and daring jam, has been the principle of loin freedom which is why I petition the goal be reconsidered to wearing Regulation NBA shorts

circa the '70s

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Oh okay so he was Werewolf Archangel Gabriel at the end. All I remember about the ending was the girl dies and he gets all sad and sails out towards the open ocean alone in a tiny rowboat for some reason.

A twist worthy of the Hoopz Barkley saga itself.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_dwarves

It's pretty much a reference to AD&D and Magic: The Gathering both referring to these guys by that name. Why the u instead of v? I dunno. Why's it always in multiple? They probably didn't care.

Great Joe fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Dec 11, 2012

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

I'm gonna be really excited if the entire Blue Duergar quest is done entirely in Japanese.

It's the fictive translation of a fictional long-Japanese-only quest. It'll probably have a different vibe and some small untranslated parts, like you've fallen off the edge of the game and into Japan.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Dec 11, 2012

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

BiggerJ posted:

It's the fictive translation of a fictional long-Japanese-only quest. It'll probably have a different vibe and some small untranslated parts, like you've fallen off the edge of the game and into Japan.
Fictive? Please; Buruu Derugaru is canon; it was simply hard for those whose psyches have been damaged by the gutter-talk of eigo to properly render, and they chose to refrain from presenting an incomplete product.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Here's an idea for a major stretch goal, get GZ to make a game demo based on the old Zybourne trailer and add it to the $60 pledge reward gamepack.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
Paypal is up. And so I pledge 60 bucks. SEMPER GAMES.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

By Clispaeth... it's happened...

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Gentlemen, it's time to find some trousers.

kadjule
Sep 4, 2004

I tell you, ponies have no preoccupation more nagging than to find friends to whom those unhappy creatures may surrender the gift of freedom.
Finally pledged 25 in an attempt to ensure a positive future for both pants and vidcons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
Skull capacity has been reached, ToG needs to find some pants.