Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

borkencode
Nov 10, 2004

macx posted:

Oh, I know the sensor dust is there. The face in the second one was more distracting to me though.

Wow, I totally hadn't realized that reflection was there. Now I can't not see it.

I was sitting in a train car going through a cloud bank when the bridge started coming up, didn't have much time to get a shot set up. I've got another picture of the same bridge from a different angle as we were going by, I'll have to see if that one has the reflection too.

I'll have to try out lightroom's spot removal for that sensor dust. Those were taken a couple days apart, so I imagine it's on a number of pictures I took.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

borkencode posted:

I'll have to try out lightroom's spot removal for that sensor dust. Those were taken a couple days apart, so I imagine it's on a number of pictures I took.

Not only can you use the tool, but you might be able to sync it across all the photos.

macx
Feb 3, 2005

borkencode posted:

Wow, I totally hadn't realized that reflection was there. Now I can't not see it.

I was sitting in a train car going through a cloud bank when the bridge started coming up, didn't have much time to get a shot set up. I've got another picture of the same bridge from a different angle as we were going by, I'll have to see if that one has the reflection too.

To be completely fair, that is a great shot and cleaning up the face should be super easy since it is a blurry haze anyway. I think blurring the face just slightly should be all you need (well, that and heal tool on the dust).

Now, as a matter of personal preference, I was trying to figure out something to clean up the leaves along the bottom. If you aren't wedded to all the negative space, you might try cropping it at the gap in the plants (~15% in from the right side).

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

macx posted:

Now, as a matter of personal preference, I was trying to figure out something to clean up the leaves along the bottom. If you aren't wedded to all the negative space, you might try cropping it at the gap in the plants (~15% in from the right side).

The content aware fill would probably do a good job of removing it as well, if you want the negative space (I like it).

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...

CarrotFlowers posted:

Made it to the mountains this weekend.

IMG_6333 by Breanne Unger, on Flickr

black and white because "I can't wait to get to Banff, it's so beautiful there!!! Son of a... overcast :smith:" ?

CarrotFlowers
Dec 17, 2010

Blerg.
Glad I'm not the only one experiencing that haha.

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

whaam posted:

Great stuff, with those extreme crops they would make really nice prints.

Thanks. Great shot from you as well :)

Here's one more from that trip:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

neckbeard posted:

black and white because "I can't wait to get to Banff, it's so beautiful there!!! Son of a... overcast :smith:" ?

Been there, done that.

Left it in colour and not fixed up in anyway. It was my first time heading up to the Plain of 6 Glaciers, and I couldn't see poo poo. :smith: I've since been back on a clear day and it was pretty awesome.

Resting for a moment by Trips in the Rockies, on Flickr

Hiking up the moraine by Trips in the Rockies, on Flickr

I actually don't like the processing on these anymore, but that was on my old computer. I may revisit them soon, if I ever find free time. I almost don't know what those words mean anymore.

Edit: Imagine being a Korean or Japanese tourist, seeing all the best photos of Lake Louise for years, then you finally save up enough to visit and you end up there when the weather is poo poo and you can't see anything? I feel bad for all the tourists anytime I'm there and it's overcast like that.

SulfurMonoxideCute fucked around with this message at 10:26 on Dec 6, 2012

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Picnic Princess posted:

Been there, done that.

Nothing says 'been there done that' more than the same shots everyone else has seen of the place. From a creative standpoint, struggling to make a photo work because of bad weather is some of the best luck you can have.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

aliencowboy posted:

Nothing says 'been there done that' more than the same shots everyone else has seen of the place. From a creative standpoint, struggling to make a photo work because of bad weather is some of the best luck you can have.

Exactly. I think the best landscapes come from less than ideal conditions.

FACKER
Jan 2, 2005
Here are some from Sedona, AZ

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Vert by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

fir forests are tall and spindly

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Dec 8, 2012

macx
Feb 3, 2005

FACKER posted:

Here are some from Sedona, AZ

Man, I miss Sedona.

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Hoppin' on the Sedona bandwagon. From the Bell Rock trail last fall.

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

aliencowboy posted:

Good lord that is lovely lighting. I want to go to the desert now.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

InternetJunky posted:

Good lord that is lovely lighting. I want to go to the desert now.

It gets loving cold this time of year. When I drove through northern Arizona/New Mexico last November I slept in my car, and kept having to wake up to run the heater for a few minutes to warm up.. windows got covered in frost.

It's because they have a relatively high altitude.. it ain't like las vegas where you can walk around in shorts all year.

It is gorgeous country though. gently caress planes, everyone should road trip.

scottch
Oct 18, 2003
"It appears my wee-wee's been stricken with rigor mortis."

Solid.

DSC_7397-Edit.jpg by scottch, on Flickr

InternetJunky
May 25, 2002

Cross-post from PAD:

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006

InternetJunky posted:

Cross-post from PAD:

Haha, this is both bizarre and great. I spent some time shooting hay bales in fields a couple of weeks ago, but never pictured them in snow.

One from this morning:

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.
I forgot there was a landscape thread.

2012-428 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

2012-427 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

2012-426 by Tom Rintjema, on Flickr

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Town by atomicthumbs, on Flickr

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
Removed.

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 29, 2020

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Ha! I knew this was you before I read your name. You've got a knack for finding the most cinematic composition/lighting in forest shots.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

This is very grainy and weird in a good way. Very cinematic like was said before, what do you do in post?

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

This is excellent.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

500px: http://500px.com/photo/20097859

Lake Tahoe a few months back. This was taken on an iPhone 4 because I didn't have my Fuji X100 yet. Can't wait to go back with real camera.

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.
What a wonderful sunset we had tonight.

Palm Tree Sunset by sulakkalus, on Flickr

Kujaroth
Jul 26, 2006
Went back to the same location on Sunday morning as I had shot on Saturday, looking for some different weather:

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
Removed.

Revolucion fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 29, 2020

Klogdor
Jul 17, 2007
Just a snap out my office window in the middle of the day this week, no sun in the winter at least leaves us with some nice light for a few hours a day.

Sadly I missed the focus a bit, and that damned streetlight. I'm going to have to check with building services if I can get access to the roof to re-take this. (sorry about the watermark)

A view from the office by Robin Rist Kildal, on Flickr

Drewski
Apr 15, 2005

Good thing Vader didn't touch my bike. Good thing for him.
Hiking in Thousand Oaks, CA.

Wildwood Park by sulakkalus, on Flickr

Wildwood Park 2 by sulakkalus, on Flickr

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Two recent ones I've liked:

West Baden at French Lick by Myotomy, on Flickr

Untitled by Myotomy, on Flickr

Hotwax Residue
Mar 26, 2010

aliencowboy posted:

Man, you always have such amazing tonal control and it pisses me off! :)

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Hotwax Residue posted:

Man, you always have such amazing tonal control and it pisses me off! :)

Lots of neat textures in there. That one dark cloud got in the way though.

Thomas Jefferson Memorial by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Took a neighborhood walk, decided to do some "urban" landscapes.

Nikon D800E, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AF-S, 1/1000 at f/1.2. Processed in VSCO with LR adjustments for contrast.

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 10, 2012

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

dukeku posted:

Nikon D800E, Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AF-S, 1/1000 at f/1.2. Processed in VSCO with LR adjustments for contrast.

Have you tried cloning out the power lines? I think it would enhance the shot.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

dukeku posted:

Please reshoot it at sunset with the house silhouetted against the setting sun. Otherwise you will never be a published photographer.

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Picnic Princess posted:

Been there, done that.

Left it in colour and not fixed up in anyway. It was my first time heading up to the Plain of 6 Glaciers, and I couldn't see poo poo. :smith: I've since been back on a clear day and it was pretty awesome.

Resting for a moment by Trips in the Rockies, on Flickr

Hiking up the moraine by Trips in the Rockies, on Flickr

I actually don't like the processing on these anymore, but that was on my old computer. I may revisit them soon, if I ever find free time. I almost don't know what those words mean anymore.

Edit: Imagine being a Korean or Japanese tourist, seeing all the best photos of Lake Louise for years, then you finally save up enough to visit and you end up there when the weather is poo poo and you can't see anything? I feel bad for all the tourists anytime I'm there and it's overcast like that.

I really need to get off my rear end and start hiking more.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

dukeku posted:

Lots of neat textures in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Skipping town for good, took some parting shots