Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JimmydaFish
Apr 23, 2008

This is some serious argy-bargy!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Getting ready to send out another round of cards. Any fans of the following: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Watchmen, X-men, Scooby Doo, Portal, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Dr. Who or LOTR? This will help me figure out what kind of goodies to send!

Oooh, Monty Python, Princess Bride & Dr.Who. Love them all equally.

I received a lovely card from Crazy Old Clarice today
Thank you very much!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Team Lunch
Nov 4, 2009

Disargeria posted:

Who wants Harry Potter postcards!!

I would!!

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Getting ready to send out another round of cards. Any fans of the following: Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Watchmen, X-men, Scooby Doo, Portal, Labyrinth, Princess Bride, Dr. Who or LOTR? This will help me figure out what kind of goodies to send!

LOTR fan here!

I got a card today from Andaley who sent bees!

BEEEEES!

Last day of the semester is tomorrow for me- will resume mailing cards out on Weds or Thurs.

Andaley
Apr 7, 2011

Not just *any* bees - bees you can stick on your flesh!

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Tremors posted:

A spicy scene featuring Hagrid and Aragog.

But the mailman can read the postcards :ohdear:

Can I make Hagrid/Aragog madlibs?

kafkasgoldfish posted:

yes all of these please

I got mail today from Team Lunch, lamb, and dpspolice today. Thanks guys! Merry holidays!

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Eric Idle is my idol. Also, like every good goon, I am mad for LOTR.

(P.s. Your goonmas card was mailed today! I hope it gets there in time. :3:)

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.
Sent some cards out in today's mail. :3: I have no idea how long it takes for mail to get around the country, but I hope people get them before Christmas!

Many thanks to AuntBuck for my first card, and dpspolice, my name twin, for the other! They were lovely.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Dr. Who, X-Men, LOTR and Labyrinth in that order.

Edit: Oh yeah sent out a dozen personalized cards today from the last 12 address stateside that I found.

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Ooh, yes please for Monty Python, X-Men, Portal, Labyrinth, and Princess Bride. Also, sending out a new batch of cards in the morning! Haven't heard back whether some of the last ones got received safely, so hope I put on enough stamps. :ohdearsass:

Cone of Tragedy fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Dec 13, 2012

jimmie
Feb 4, 2006

Help! They are going to steal my identity!
Boyfriend loves the Christmas cards! He's gotten two that I know of, one from kafkasgoldfish (thank you for the awesome cross stitch pieces! He loves them!) and one from a mysterious benefactor who left no name or return address. Thank you mystery person!
I've sent out one more to Mama Valet, but since my finals are winding down now, I'm hoping to have more done tonight. Thanks so much for sending boyfriend some love!

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

I did this last year or the year before I think and it was really fun. I have some left over stamps and cards, so I'll be flinging them out to some random goons wanting xmas cards!

kafkasgoldfish
Jan 26, 2006

God is the sweat running down his back...
First batch of cards went out yesterday. The rest will go out later this week and the most recent round of goody requests will probably wait until Valentine's Day (it will take me a little bit to make all the goodies!)

I hope everyone enjoys their mail! I had fun working on it!

(P.S. It warms my cold, black heart to find so many "Labyrinth" fans here!)

nonpromqueen
Sep 25, 2006

kafkasgoldfish posted:

Monty Python, Princess Bride & LOTR here <3

China Blue, thank you for the card and spider-man pins! My daughter stole them all and put them on her backpack. <3

Ball Tazeman
Feb 2, 2010

Cards from AuntBuck and kafkasgoldfish!

With them I got a lovely card of an XFiles severed head prop and some ATHF cross stitching. Thank you guys! It brings warmth to my heart!

Dangereuse
Dec 27, 2009

Terrain is bumpy, vegetation may be thick. Proceed with caution.
Thank you kafkasgoldfish and Fluffy Bunnies for the goon mail!

I'm very sorry, Kafkasgoldfish but my mailman shoved it under the front door and is now unreadable :-( Noodle (my dog) says thank you for the good eats.

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.
Found a big handful of awesome 1970's (not necessarily holiday) cards, will be putting those together this week and hopefully getting them in the mail by friday. This thread and subsequent cards and gifts of stickers and pure joy has made this one of my best holiday seasons. Thanks Goons!!!

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
If I have not thanked you for all the awesome cards you've been sending me and Mrs. Genesplicer, (Which is highly likely), let me take the opportunity to thank you now.

pezmaster

cuntvalet

kafka's goldfish

Unexpected Road

Lamb

Fluffy Bunnies

Team lunch

And anyone else who I forgot. (It has been hell at work recently. We switched from a trimester to a quarter/semester system and I'm in charge of transitioning our assessment program. What that has meant to the administration is that it's the perfect opportunity to completely overhaul how we assess and grade our kids, and I get the privilege of figuring out how to do this without pissing anybody off. So I have to come up with a system that's both completely uniform, yet still allows for individual choice...)

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

This just came in the mail today from the amazing Kafkas Golfish and all I can say is this card is so bad rear end. My wife loved your cross stitch gifts and they are going to get pinned up next to my neat Batman poster that is above my computer. I loved the whiskey one so much I am going to bring that into work for my desk, though I do not recognize the yellow, flute looking one though. Regardless my wife and I send our thanks for the best wishes and amazing card.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!

Rythe posted:

though I do not recognize the yellow, flute looking one though.

It's a Warp Whistle!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
I'm really, really late to the game this year, but I still want to get in on this. For me it's not the holidays until I'm sending & receiving piles of goonmail.

IMJack
3206 Damascus Way
Farmers Branch, TX 75234

I have cards, they're not the fanciest cards, but I'm going to get to addressing & stuffing & mailing them out tonight.

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
Really want to do this but afraid to put down address :ohdear: Might send a few off anyway :)

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Disargeria posted:

It's a Warp Whistle!

Wow duh, I suck at being a nerd at times, still that is some bad rear end cross stitch work.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Happyfacecrazy posted:

Really want to do this but afraid to put down address :ohdear: Might send a few off anyway :)

I don't think it's that big a deal. I've done it for years and have never had a problem. Of course, who'd want to stalk a old, fat fart like me...

panorama_change
May 23, 2008

Inertia is a property of matter.

Happyfacecrazy posted:

I'll send you my one and only pop up Christmas card I found at my friend's antique store. :ohdearsass:

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
Thank you FluffyBunnies for my first christmas card of the season!

Looks like I wont meet my 50 card goal but I bought a box of 32 cards that I plan on working on during my next couple of days off work.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
I want to thank and apologize to everyone who has sent me wonderful stuff over the past month; life attacked (thesis stuff) and I haven't gotten a chance to open or reply to anything until now.

First off, kafka's goldfish, I received your wonderful letter a while back and I'm still planning on replying to it, thank you so much!

KatWhite, I've recently defused your glitterbomb to find a nice card and penguin stickers. Thank you!
lamb sent me a pocket lamp, as shown earlier and a bunch of holiday goodies including a Santa Claus Conquers the Martians card! Thanks!
Palette Swap sent me a picture of their cat and some wonderful stickers! The Gravity Falls one has gone on my computer! I love it!
PitGoddess sent me a postcard of Cedar Point, one of my favorite places to go when I was a kid! My whole family lives in the area so we'd go often in the summer! Thanks for the memories!
FluffyBunnies posted me a nice card to get me into the spirit of the season!

Lastly, who is a fan of: Team Fortress 2?

Apostate
Aug 7, 2006
There are some things you just don't want to know...
Cards sent! Hope you guys like GLITTER.

Happyfacecrazy
Jul 30, 2010

Soft Kitty...
Warm Kitty...
Little Ball of Fur.
Happy Kitty...
Sleepy Kitty...
Purr, Purr, Purrr.
Feck it! I'm in :)

Ms. D Neary
4 Togher Way
Urlingford
Co. Kilkenny
Ireland

Going to pick up a few cards this week. Excited :dance:

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

Happyfacecrazy posted:

Feck it! I'm in :)

Ms. D Neary
4 Togher Way
Urlingford
Co. Kilkenny
Ireland

Going to pick up a few cards this week. Excited :dance:

Kilkenny! I got nicely toasted there a few years back, before heading off to Waterford to look at ceramics and crystal. (Protip: Do not consume excess alcohol before deciding to examine delicate crystal and ceramics. I was very, very lucky.)

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

Apostate posted:

Cards sent! Hope you guys like GLITTER.

Anyone who says they don't like glitter is LYING!

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

IMJack posted:

I'm really, really late to the game this year, but I still want to get in on this. For me it's not the holidays until I'm sending & receiving piles of goonmail.

IMJack

I have cards, they're not the fanciest cards, but I'm going to get to addressing & stuffing & mailing them out tonight.

I actually sent you one a few years back (funny I can remember that, but am having trouble remembering who exactly I already sent one to on this thread and since I'm just randomly picking people)--- I shall be sending you another one! :-D

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

The stuff I've gotten so far. Thanks again to AuntBuck and dpspolice. Rythe, I was born in Wichita Falls and lived there until I was 4 or 5. So it was cool to see some mail from there. I enjoyed your stickers and disgruntled Snowman as well, so thank you! Kafka's Goldfish, thanks for the POOP! I will definitely put it somewhere where it will confound visitors!

Wile E. Toyota fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 12, 2012

DLAO
Dec 20, 2004

pennymay posted:

Have sent out a couple of batches of cards so far. Probably going to start a new batch today. I bought a million stamps. We're doing this thing.

Big thanks to: DLAO, China Blue, Kafka's Goldfish and Astroduck for the wonderful cards!! You've started our cardmas tree off beautifully. :D

Just got your card today and was SO FREAKING EXCITED!!! And I'm glad my advice assisted in your multiple marriages as well! ;-)

Cone of Tragedy
Dec 3, 2006

Well, this is undignified...
Got this awesome drawing and tiny mustaches from Pennymay and Revolther!

Amarie
Mar 24, 2004

I want you to meet my little friend, Mister Stabby!
Thanks to everyone who sent me holiday greetings. Mine are going out tomorrow.

CatStacking
Jan 9, 2010

~A Purely Preposterous Pussy~
Oh my gosh, I got mail from Team Lunch and nonpromqueen, whose mini-me coincidentally has the same name as my God daughter! I'm gonna find a way to hang the cards or something and take pics to post and wheeee!

Also Team Lunch sent goonmail for Momma Valet! Gonna get that to her, ASAP!

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I love all of the super awesome things in this thread so I'm going to pick out a couple of y'all at random and send super awesome things to them :3:

In the meantime, if anyone would like to send some Christmas cheer to a couple of angry internet atheists who still love Christmastime, please deliver said cheer post-haste to:

Mr. and Mrs. Shackleford
1060 W. Addison
Chicago, IL, 60613

Somebody fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 28, 2014

OhJeezAllSleeves
Dec 21, 2010
So looks like I got everything done a lot sooner than expected. I feel kind of bad for not having personalized all the cards but after having written and addressed 32 I think I would be hating myself right about now from severe hand cramping. Here's hoping you non-snow-area-living goons get the "let it snow" cards. I wasn't keeping track of who got which card design. :downs:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

NationofCrustaceans posted:

The stuff I've gotten so far. Thanks again to AuntBuck and dpspolice. Rythe, I was born in Wichita Falls and lived there until I was 4 or 5. So it was cool to see some mail from there. I enjoyed your stickers and disgruntled Snowman as well, so thank you! Kafka's Goldfish, thanks for the POOP! I will definitely put it somewhere where it will confound visitors!

Wow you got that letter fast, glad you enjoyed my pissy snowman, I figure with you being a TX goon you would appreciate the deadly sun and all.

I need to head down to Denton/Grapevine area soon too, you have some great bars and restaurants to enjoy a night in.

Thermophonic Joy
Jan 6, 2009

I am the biggest Charlie Brown fan in the world and that card is just :3:. AWESOME.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006
I finally got to the store, and I cannot tell you how hard it was to resist buying Justin Bieber stickers for every card. First batch goin' out today! (Of cards, not of Bieber stickers.)