Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

I love that bit where Hans is all "I don't make the rules" when he actually is making the rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweek0
May 22, 2006

Let me fall out the window
With confetti in my hair
Deal out jacks or better
On a blanket by the stairs
I'll tell you all my secrets
But I lie about my past
Yeah Mark and Superhans together was really interesting to see. I barely remember any other moments where the two of them spent any significant amount of time together.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

sweek0 posted:

Yeah Mark and Superhans together was really interesting to see. I barely remember any other moments where the two of them spent any significant amount of time together.

You can look at it as an act of kindness or a calculated act of keeping in Mark's good books. I prefer to see it as selfishness - he just wants rid of these two dicks he doesn't know.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, I think it was more just because he actually knows Mark.

AND HE KNOWS HE WOULD NEVER BETRAY HIM TO THE loving YELLOWS

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
Now on BBC One, New Years Eve live*. And for viewers in Scotland, Hogmanay live followed by something funny you can vote for.

You get to choose from the following:
1. Burnistoun
2. Chewin’ The Fat
3. City Lights
4. Gary Tank Commander
5. The High Life
6. The Karen Dunbar Show
7. Naked Video
8. Scotch & Wry
9. The Stanley Baxter Show
10. The Vital Spark

*I don't know what you get to watch

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010
Excellent episode of peep show this week, its so good to see it back on form. It seems like it really excels when they put character development on the back burner and just focus on the gags.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

onoflalks posted:

Now on BBC One, New Years Eve live*. And for viewers in Scotland, Hogmanay live followed by something funny you can vote for.

1. Burnistoun
2. Chewin’ The Fat
3. City Lights
4. Gary Tank Commander
5. The High Life
6. The Karen Dunbar Show
7. Naked Video
8. Scotch & Wry
10. The Vital Spark

The correct answer is, of course, the High Life.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

onoflalks posted:

1. Burnistoun
2. Chewin’ The Fat
3. City Lights
4. Gary Tank Commander
5. The High Life
6. The Karen Dunbar Show
7. Naked Video
8. Scotch & Wry
10. The Vital Spark

Doesn't really feel like hogmanay without Only An Excuse on the box.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Doesn't really feel like hogmanay without Only An Excuse on the box.

Did Only an Excuse ever have a proper series? I've literally only ever seen it at hogmanay.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

The Paraside segment of Limmy's Show was utter genius tonight - I was in stitches. Why can't I vote for him at Hogmanay? :(

Loving Adventure Call this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSeGYHaNyOA

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

onoflalks posted:

1. Burnistoun
2. Chewin’ The Fat
3. City Lights
4. Gary Tank Commander
5. The High Life
6. The Karen Dunbar Show
7. Naked Video
8. Scotch & Wry
10. The Vital Spark

Eh, not everyone likes Hogmanay coverage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7scMC7YSDQ

Z-Magic
Feb 19, 2011

They talk about the people and the proletariat, I talk about the suckers and the mugs - it's the same thing. They have their five-year plans, so have I.

sweek0 posted:

There was the time Nancy sucked Super Hans off; while he was having a widdle.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

If you're not voting for Chewin' The Fat, you're voting wrong :colbert:

Shame no Still Game though. :ohdear:

If loving Burnistoun wins, I lose all respect for everything ever.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

VogeGandire posted:

If you're not voting for Chewin' The Fat, you're voting wrong :colbert:

Shame no Still Game though. :ohdear:

If loving Burnistoun wins, I lose all respect for everything ever.

Wrong wrong wrong.

Also what's wrong with Burnistoun?

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsayV15X9y0

Oh deary me!

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The best bits of that intro are Captain Duff and Alan Cumming doing a Hitler salute at the end.

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I voted Scotch & Wry. Deal with it :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OY2VVBeHXVg

Howards Bellend
Aug 25, 2007

Can I just say how much I enjoyed the most recent episode of Him and Her without the sister in it?

meme
Oct 7, 2009

But it's a pretty good way to get someone to spend money on buying you an av and sig. Maybe I should be really obnoxious and get an upgrade myself

Moral of the story: be careful what you wish for.

You are welcome.

Howards Bellend posted:

Can I just say how much I enjoyed the most recent episode of Him and Her without the sister in it?

But she was in it! Admittedly, it was on the screen of a laptop, but her foul presence was still felt.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Howards Bellend posted:

Yeah though I got feeling the next episode or two they'll be winding things up. Was a good run though!

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

TinTower posted:

Eh, not everyone likes Hogmanay coverage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7scMC7YSDQ

You got what I was going for. Mission accomplished.

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd_-Bjt30PU

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Z-Magic posted:

I've only just realised the guy who plays Simon is from Horrible Histories

All I can see when he's on the screen is this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51aHb_U8Zr0

Also I kind of want Jeremy and Dobbie to get together. Jeremy is actually a reasonable person now whereas Mark is a gigantic prick. Dobby seems more suited to Jez, if anything.

Plus I miss High Life! It's never been repeated that I know of?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

If Peep Show ended with Jez and Dobby moving in together, leaving Mark to live alone as a broken man, I'd actually think it was the perfect ending.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

I actually like that as an ending. As Taear said, Jez seems to have actually sorted his own life out, while Mark is still the neurotic mess he always was.

Plus I'd love it just because Robert Webb and Isy Suttie have such good chemistry on screen together :allears:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Love how you all seem to think a man who is unemployed, leeches from his best friend, pretends he's a qualified 'life coach' who ruins another man's life by giving him terrible advice just because he was being nosey, has 'sorted his life out'. You're all mental.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Yeah, Jeremy is still not really even close to being a normal, functioning and good person. He has always come across as a better person than Mark though, because he at least seems to have good intentions sometimes and a conscience at others. I'm not sure Mark has ever done anything that wasn't just to serve himself

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
He still is bad as Mark, turn in those self made cerificates right now 'life coaches'.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Neither of them are ever going to "get their life sorted out", unless it's the very last scene of the very last episode, maybe. Peep Show is not about two guys that go on a journey and grow as people.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

You guys really should have made a Peep Show thread, I have too much TV to watch before I add ALLA Peep Show to my waiting list.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

ALLA Peep Show should go to the top of your queue.

I still maintain it's the best sitcom of the past decade.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The hat game scene in Peep Show slayed me. Bloody amazing.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
What does ALLA mean?

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

Hoops posted:

What does ALLA mean?

Sorry, I meant ALL'A.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

SeanBeansShako posted:

He still is bad as Mark, turn in those self made cerificates right now 'life coaches'.

He's callous but not as awful as Mark is at the moment. I guess Jez feels like a "normal" level of hosed up to me.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Out of interest, does anyone know how old they're supposed to be now? It's 10 years since Peep Show started, does the Peep Show 'universe' follow this sort of time? Because Webb is 40 now and Mitchell 38. I'm not sure if Peep Show time runs differently from ours (especially with gaps in filming and all that)

I wonder because somebody on another forum mentioned that they had loads of make-up on to make them look younger and it distracted them. I would guess they are supposed to be 35ish in Peep Show?

Private Eye
Jul 12, 2010

Don't be so bloody gay, Cambo
Bloody hell masterchef was incredible yesterday. I spent the first half just :stare: at the screen and those two dish masterclasses. The white chocolate blanket in the first dish was insane- I was actually laughing to myself at the genius of it.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Private Eye posted:

Bloody hell masterchef was incredible yesterday. I spent the first half just :stare: at the screen and those two dish masterclasses. The white chocolate blanket in the first dish was insane- I was actually laughing to myself at the genius of it.

I was trying to an assignment, and it completely sucked me in. It was great, but drat, :argh: screw you Masterchef!

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Rondette posted:

Out of interest, does anyone know how old they're supposed to be now? It's 10 years since Peep Show started, does the Peep Show 'universe' follow this sort of time? Because Webb is 40 now and Mitchell 38. I'm not sure if Peep Show time runs differently from ours (especially with gaps in filming and all that)

I wonder because somebody on another forum mentioned that they had loads of make-up on to make them look younger and it distracted them. I would guess they are supposed to be 35ish in Peep Show?
I can't believe that the Peep Show universe is 10 years old, they've done their best to keep Mark and Jeremy looking as similar as possible to how they did at the start. At a silly guess I reckon the Peep Show timeline probably doesn't even cover 5 years, but obviously that's not based on anything apart from how it seems to me. I also think they seem to generally avoid writing about annual events and that, anything really that indicates the passage of time. And I'm sure some series seem to follow directly on from others even though there's probably been a year in between them being shown

Paperhouse fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 13, 2012

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
I don't think they care. The time period is much less than 10 years (series 6, 7 and 8 all followed directly after one another), but they (rightly) don't give a poo poo about mentioning bang up to date cultural references - Blair stepping down as PM, the recession, Mumford & Sons...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Leyburn posted:

I don't think they care. The time period is much less than 10 years (series 6, 7 and 8 all followed directly after one another), but they (rightly) don't give a poo poo about mentioning bang up to date cultural references - Blair stepping down as PM, the recession, Mumford & Sons...
That makes a lot of sense actually. There's no need for them to be consistent at all about it, it's completely unimportant